He Let Go

He Let Go

As soon as Kei saw some people glancing at their direction, he immediately grabbed Ryosuke's hand. "We need to go."

 

Then, the two of them strode away the crowd. They walked until they reached the spot where Kei parked his car. They entered it to be safe.

 

Kei glanced at his wristwatch. "It's 9pm. Well, we've managed to be out for four hours." 

 

Ryosuke chuckled. "It's really hard to date a famous artist huh?"

 

He looked at the younger and frowned. "See? I told you it's hard! So are you allowing me to quit now?"

 

The younger shook his head. "No. Are you not thinking about the feelings of your fans?"

 

He sighed and the engine of his car. "How about us?"

 

"We're okay," Ryosuke smiled at him and held his hand. "And we'll be okay until the end."

 

He smiled too. "I promise you, one day, we'll be freely dating."

 

Then he drove. He wants to quit his career for Ryosuke but then, the younger insists that he must not. He knew that the two of them are having a hard time with their five-year relationship because they need to be a secret couple but then, Ryosuke seems really tough. Even though most of their dates were being disturbed because of some fans and some schedules, Ryosuke still wants him to be in front of the camera.

 

He stopped his car in front of Ryosuke's home. He looked at the younger and leaned forward. "See you tomorrow?"

 

The younger grinned and kissed him on the cheek. "You have drama shooting tomorrow, right?" 

 

He sighed when he remembered that. "Okay. I'll just call you during my breaks."

 

Ryosuke nodded. The younger opened the door. "Bye. I love you." 

 

"I love you too." He smiled and sat back after Ryosuke shut the door. 

 

 

Ryosuke finished topping the ice cream with strawberries. He carried it and placed it on a tray with a shortcake. Then, he washed his hands first getting his phone out of his back. It's already night time but Kei still hasn't call. Is he that busy?

 

Time was their problem before. But now, Ryosuke doesn't mind anymore. Of course, he sometimes think about how his boyfriend lack time for him but he knew how Kei is working hard to find time so he just understand their situation. After all, it was him who chose to date someone related to showbiz. 

 

He just misses Kei so he was expecting a call from him.

 

"Yamada-san, are you gonna change your clothes? I'm about to close everything," his co-worker asked. 

 

"Yup!" He grabbed his bag and hastily entered the washroom. He quickly changed his clothes. 

 

As soon as he went out, he told his co-workers that he'll be going home. He went out of the cafe and walked toward the train station. Fortunately, he came just in time for the next train. 

 

He rode the train and sat on the spot near the door. He leaned on the pole because he felt tired from work. He decided to just take a nap. Kei might call later. 

 

 


Kei felt a light tap on his shoulder which made him jumped a bit. He looked at his side and saw one of the staffs. The girl hesitantly smiled. "Sorry to surprise you."

 

He smiled and shook his head. "No it's okay. Is it already my next scene?"

 

The girl shook his head. "The last scene will be tomorrow. You can go home now."

 

He nodded and stood up. "I see." He stretched his arms and took his phone."I'll be going!" He bowed."Thanks for the hard work."

 

The girl politely bowed too. "Thank you for the hard work too."

 

He went out of the tent and saw that the staffs are already cleaning up. He walked toward his car. As soon as he entered it, he looked at his phone and remembered that he wasn't able to call Ryosuke. He tried to opened his phone but then, he realized that it's already off and he needs to charge the battery.

 

He started the engine of his car and drove toward his house. He's the only one living in there so there was no need to ask why it was very dark. 

 

He opened the gate then went in his car again to park it. As soon as he's done parking, he closed the gate and entered his house. He opened the lights of the living room. When he saw the sofa, he immediately sat on it and rested his head on the arm of the sofa. And even with an uncomfortable position, he managed to fell asleep.

 

 


Ryosuke glanced over his phone for the tenth time and saw that there's still no message from Kei. He sighed and finished the cake he was designing. After that, he sliced it and placed a piece on a small plate. Then, he put the plate on the tray.

 

"Yamada-san, you can take your lunch."

 

He nodded at his co-worker. He removed the apron he was wearing. He went out of the cafe because he wanted to eat somewhere. He stopped when he saw a familiar car. And beside that car, he saw Kei standing. 

 

He went near."Why are you here?"

 

Instead of answering, Kei hugged him tight and kissed his forehead."Sorry for last night."

 

He chuckled and hugged back, feeling the comfortable warmth only Kei could give."It's okay. I understand."

 

His boyfriend held his hand."It's your lunch time right?" 

 

He nodded."Yup! And I have an hour to eat."

 

"That's Inoo Kei!" 

 

The two of them were startled when they heard that. Then in just seconds, they heard a flash of camera.

 

Kei immediately opened the car and Ryosuke entered it with his heart beating fast and his eyes wide. His boyfriend entered the car hastily too and drove away.

 

It wasn't the first time that people saw them but it was the first time that someone took a picture of them. And he knew what will happen next. 

 

They stopped at the side of the road when Kei saw that no one seemed to follow them. He took a deep breath and realized that he had been holding his breath. He looked at Kei and saw that his boyfriend is staring at nothing and seem to be thinking deep.

 

"Kei," he called.

 

His boyfriend looked at him but didn't say a word. So he continued, "Ask for help to your manager. If the media asked you about me, deny me, okay? Tell them we're just friends. Then, we'll be okay. We'll be okay."

 

He felt his heart clench after he said that. He doesn't want to be denied. But then, for Kei, he has to be tough....or pretend he is. 

 

Kei removed his gaze from him and stared at the road for a while. After that, his boyfriend looked out of his window. "Is it okay with you if you eat your lunch here?"

 

He looked out and nodded. 

 

Kei faced him. "Eat your lunch."

 

"What will you do?" he asked.

 

His boyfriend showed him a sad smile. "Trust me."

 

He went out of the car and watched his boyfriend go.

 


Ryosuke stared at the newspaper he bought this morning. He already read the article for almost ten times. Somehow, he was thankful that the article is not too detailed. But the picture tells a lot more.

 

Since yesterday, Kei wasn't calling him. He was afraid to open his television because he might not like what he will see. What will happen to Kei's career? What about the drama? What if Kei isn't calling him because he's having a hard time deciding on what to choose?

 

He decided to message Kei for the last time. He decided to help Kei in his decision.

 

'Kei, let's just break up.'

 

And after that, he slept.

 


It is Saturday and Ryosuke woke up because someone pressed the doorbell. He groggily walked out of his room and head toward the door. He opened it. He still hasn't seen the face of his visitor when he was dragged.

 

His senses gone sharp and immediately pulled his hand away. "Who are..." His eyes widened. "Kei?"

 

He is so surprised. Kei didn't call or even message him for about a week and then his boyfriend will just appear in front of his door?

 

Kei smiled at him."Good morning. We need to go."

 

"What?" He's really confused. He felt like he has so many questions to ask but he didn't know what will he ask first.

 

"You're late for our date." 

 

Kei pushed him inside the car. Then, when his boyfriend, sat down, the car started moving so he can't do anything. He glanced at what he is wearing--plain blue shirt and shorts. He slightly raised his feet and saw that only his right foot has a slipper.

 

"Look at me!" He exclaimed. 

 

"Later. I might not be able to take my eyes off you and we might get into an accident."

 

He felt his cheeks burn. "I mean, look at what I'm wearing! I don't even have a slipper on my left foot. Where are you taking me?"

 

"I told you, we have a date today."

 

"With me wearing these clothes?" He gestured toward his clothes.

 

Kei ignored him an continued driving. So he just sighed and stared at his window. Even though he's pissed because his boyfriend just dragged him out of his house and told him they're on a date, he couldn't deny that he's happy to see Kei again. 

 

He jumped a bit when he felt a hand holding his. He looked at Kei's direction and saw his boyfriend grinning. He pouted and tried to remove his hand.

 

"I won't let go. Even if you let me go," Kei whispered the last line but Ryosuke was able to catch it.

 

After a while, the car stopped in front of a mall. Ryosuke looked at Kei with his eyes wide. "Are you sure?"

 

Kei nodded."Yup. I brought some clothes for you at the back seat."

 

"What if your fans see us?" he asked.

 

Kei looked away."I already quit." Then, his boyfriend went out of the car.

 

His jaw dropped."What?" he whispered.

 

He quickly changed his clothes and to shirt, pants and wore rubber shoes. Then, he went out of the car. 

 

"Why did you quit?" he asked as soon as he's near Kei.

 

Kei grabbed his hand and intertwined their fingers."Why would I stay, then?"

 

"Because you love acting?" he asked as they entered the mall.

 

"I do," his boyfriend answered when the passed by the guards."They told me to just break up with you but I decided not to let go of us no matter what. Even if you told me we're breaking up."

 

He felt his face getting warm."Because I thought you're having a hard time deciding on what to do."

 

"My decision will always be you," his boyfriend smiled.

 

He felt his heart clench. He wasn't the one who's in the harder situation but he was the one who let go. Even though he felt bad because Kei left his career for him, he still felt touched by what his boyfriend did. He stopped walking and hugged his boyfriend tightly."I love you." 

 

Kei chuckled and hugged back."You know I love you more."

 

They spent their day wandering around the mall and eating varieties of foods. And of course, saying 'I love you' to each other because they both knew that they could say those words stronger this time. Their love is stronger this time.