Shy Boy Part 1

Shy Boy

 

              “Class, class, quiet down!” Mrs. Choi exclaimed.  Your class is a chatterbox compared to the other classes in your grade.  It took about a few minutes for the class to stop talking.  Mrs. Choi cleared before speaking.  “Today, we have a new student.  He had transferred to come to our art high school, so please treat him nicely and help him around the school. Make him feel comfortable.”

                “Yes, Mrs. Choi,” your class all said together.

You didn’t hear a word that she said.  Your headphones were on, and once they’re one, you are in your own world.  You were the quietest in the class. Your best friend, SangMi, sat behind you.  SangMi lightly tapped your shoulder.  You turned around, expressionless.

                “Yeah?” you responded calmly to her.

                “We have a new student,” she said with an interested smile.  You smiled at her.

                “Aigoo, you’re cute, you know that?” you asked.  SangMi stuck her tongue out while you just quietly laughed and turned back around listening to your iPod again.

You let yourself become drawn to your notebook, too.  Mrs. Choi gestured the student to come in.  All the girls stared at him and the guys didn’t care at all.

                “Please, introduce yourself,” Mrs. Choi said.

The student cleared their throat and smiled and bowed.

                “Hello, my name is Lee TaeMin.  I hope I have a memorable time with you guys,” he said happily.  Mrs. Choi smiled.

                “Okay, you can sit next to…Aigoo.  Kim _______, please take your headphones off,” Mrs. Choi said.  SangMi immediately tapped your back three times, indicating that you need to take your headphones off.  You did and stared at the teacher.  “TaeMin, sit next to _______, okay?”

                “Araso,” he politely responded and headed towards to the seat next to you.  You stayed frozen in your seat once he sat down.  SangMi pouted, wishing she was you right now.  TaeMin turned to you and smiled.  “Hi.”  You gave him a ‘sup’ nod and started to write in your notebook again.  TaeMin pouted, but shrugged it off.

                “Okay, I have to run an important meeting, so hopefully the substitute can come in on time.  I want you guys to behave,” Mrs. Choi said, emphasizing the word behave.  The class agreed and watched her leave.  After a few minutes of silence, the class started to talk.  Most of the girls walked up to TaeMin’s desk.  You turned to face SangMi.

                “Oooh~ don’t you feel lucky?” SangMi asked you quietly so no one would hear her.  You just shrugged.

“Eh,” you answered.

                “What?”

                “He’s cute, but whatever.”  It was silent and you two smiled and laughed listening to the girls trying to talk to TaeMin.  “Can we ditch after this period?”  SangMi shook her head.

                “No can do, my dongseng.  I have a test my medical class.  Free period next?” she asked you.  You nodded with a pout.  “Stay outside then.”

                “Yeah, yeah, yeah.  I can take a nap again while waiting for you,” you said happily, making SangMi laugh.

School went by smooth for TaeMin.  He quickly made friends and all the girls just fell for his innocence and smile.  You were at your locker, getting your things while you were listening to your iPod.  You yelped when someone accidently pushed you.

                “Omo, I’m sorry.”

You turned and put your headphones down so they’re around your neck.

                “You said something?” you asked, as if nothing happened.  “TaeMin, right?”

TaeMin nodded and bit his lip.  You just stared at him, carefully observing him.

                “Welcome to S.M. High,” you said with a small smile.  You shut your locker and walked away.  TaeMin just watched you walk away.

It was the next day of school.  TaeMin was the first student to enter the classroom.  A couple of guys came in and started to chat with him.

                “Guys, I have a question,” TaeMin said.  They looked at him.  “Who exactly is ummm…Kim _______?”  They looked at him with wide eyes. “Hyungs, tell me!”

                “Well,” JongHyun started off.  “She’s the quietest in our class.  Our class never shuts up and when we need to, our teacher always gives us a few minutes to shut up.”  TaeMin nodded.

                “She’s a music freak,” Key added.  JongHyun nodded in agreement.

                “As you can tell, she’s always listening to her iPod.  Every day, our teachers tell her to take her headphones off, just like you witnessed yesterday in class,” JongHyun said.  “And her friend who sits behind her is, SangMi.  She warns _______ when to take her headphones off.”

                “Is it really that loud?” TaeMin asked curiously.

                “Apparently.  Her headphones block out the noises that the outside can’t be heard.  Her parents are very high tech and they made those headphones for her.  She can’t hear the outside and the outside can’t hear the sound.  They’re very efficient and legit.”

                “What are her likings?” TaeMin asked curiously with a smile appearing on his face.  JongHyun and Key looked at each other and smirked.

                “You are so into her, huh?”  TaeMin nodded.

                “This is what we know,” JongHyun said.  Both of them cleared their throats before answering.  “She likes music.”

                “Outdoors.”

                “Art.”

                “Sleep.”

                “……and that’s all,” JongHyun said with Key nodding along.  TaeMin stuck his tongue out at both of them.

                “You two are no help,” he muttered.

                “Yah!  It’s not our fault.  She was new here last year and she’s not the easiest to approach,” Key stated.  “She’s really quiet.”

TaeMin nodded and smiled.  Class started and everyone rushed inside. TaeMin spotted SangMi but frowned because you weren’t with her.  You weren’t in class yet and ten minutes already passed.

                “Okay before I give out the worksheets…” Mrs. Choi started off.  She started to mumble to herself.  “Aigoo, I’ll be back in a few minutes and print out the worksheets.”

Once she left, the class started to talk.  The door then opened and they turned to see who it was.  TaeMin suddenly smiled to see you casually walked in.  TaeMin frowned.  He noticed how you tried to hide the pain from your face.  The class started to do their own thing again.  You sat down in your seat and turned to SangMi.

                “Did your brother turn off your alarm again?” she asked.

                “That little brat is seriously going to get it one day,” you pouted.

TaeMin saw you pout at the corner of his eye and blushed.  ‘Wow, she’s really cute,’ he thought.

                “Are you going to hide his video game set again?” SangMi asked.

                “And his laptop,” you said with an evil smirk. 

You and SangMi just started to laugh.  You started to put your headphones on. Mrs. Choi then entered the classroom.  She handed out the worksheets and once she walked back to her desk, she stared at you.

                “Kim _______, headphones off,” she just said.  SangMi tapped you, and you took them off.  “Kim _______?”  You just looked at her and your teacher just sighed.  “Never mind.  Continue working.” 

You only shrugged.  ‘Maybe it is a good thing my dongseng turns my alarm clock off.  Teachers give up easily on me,’ you thought with a smirk as you swiftly completed your worksheet.  You quietly placed your pencil down and listened to your iPod again, resting your head on your arms.  TaeMin looked at you with amazement.  ‘This girl sure is something,’ he thought.  SangMi was watching TaeMin and smiled.  After a long day, the bell rang for lunch.  You sat up and put your headphones around your neck and packed your things.

                “SangMi~ah, I’m going to the nurse and then the music room,” you said.

                “What happened?” SangMi asked worriedly.  Your face stayed calm and you gave her an assuring smile.

                “Ah~, it’s nothing to worry about,” you said.  “Just got…pushed down the stairs again.”  You mumbled your last sentence and SangMi’s eyes widened.

                “Yah, why didn’t you tell me?” she asked.

                “Because it was this morning.  I’ll see you later.”

SangMi worriedly watch you leave.  ‘Poor girl,’ she thought as she walked out of the room.  She jumped when TaeMin jumped in front of her.

                “SangMi, right?” he asked.  She slowly nodded.  “Can you help me with something?”

                “That depends on what,” she answered.  TaeMin bit his lip.  He cleared his throat before asking.

                “Can you help me be with _______?”