2.

Pretending

Maybe it was better this way.

It was the first thought that came to Chanyeols mind for a few weeks now.

Maybe it was good to leave Baekhyun alone for a while.

But he felt bad about it. He felt bad because he was not holding the promise he gave Jongdae. To always take care of Baekhyun.

But there was a little voice in his head saying that he did the right thing not bothering Baekhyun and leaving him alone for a while.

It was still hard for him. He liked him. He didn't how much or why. He just knew he liked him. And maybe a bit more than that.

In contrast to that, Baekhyun knew nothing. He was layng apathetic on his bed, stared at the ceiling of the room and tried to remember the good time with Jongdae, when both of them were healthy and together.

"I like springtime." Jongdae was laughing while he wrapped his arms around his boyfriend.

They were laying together on a blanket in the garden that belonged to the house of Jongdaes best friend Chanyeol. It finally got warmer and they could enjoy their time together outside the sticky apartment.They had waited for a long time since the winter had been really long and really cold.

"Me too. But I still love summer the most." Baekhyun nuzzled his nose against the others neck.

"Well, I don't know." Jongdae smirked and kiss him on his cheek.

"You don't have to.", said Baekhyun with a soft voice. He closed his eyes, smiled and let himself carried away by the smell of the fresh air and the smell of his boyfriend.  

Jongdae smiled as well. He was happy. They were happy.

Everything was perfect.

There wouldn't be days like this anymore. The boy knew that. But he couldn't do anything else than remembering every single moment the two of them spent together.

He missed those days.

He missed his boyfriend.

He missed the love of his life.

He missed his whole world.

He knew Chanyeol just wanted to help him. However he couldn't help to distant himself.

It hurt to see him. Chanyeol had been so close to Jongdae as well. They were so similar in many aspects.

Every time he saw Chanyeol he remembered him of Jongdae. And he couldn't stand that.

He knew he wasn't fair to him, but there was nothing he could change about that.

Chanyeol was thinking about the old times as well. About the pranks they did together during their school days and their school days in general. They were best friends their whole life. He couldn't remember a time he wasn't with him. They went through so much together.

"Okay, you will play and I will sing."

Chanyeol nodded and was actually really happy inside. He tuned his guitar and started playing a soft melody of a song he knew his best friend loved.

And he loved to hear the clear and powerful voice of his best friend. He was always wondering how Jongdae could hit all those high notes without trembeling.

"How do you do that?" Chanyeol was asking him every time.

"I don't know. I'm just singing." And he got the same answer every time.

And even though he always got the same answer, he was asking the same question over and over again.

It became a habit.

He was never going to hear Jongdaes voice again.

Sometimes Baekhyun joined them during their little sessions, singing with Jongdae. And sometimes Chanyeol sang as well.

But most of the time Jongdae was singing while Chanyeol was playing the guitar.

Chanyeol rested his head against the wall. In moments like this the sadness and the pain was overwhelming him.

Why did have to be his best friend? Why Jongdae, who had such a great musical talent? Why him, when he had a boyfriend, who was the love of his life?

Why not Chanyeol? He didn't have a boyfriend. And hadn't that much talent regarding music and other things.

Why out of all the people living on this earth was it his best friend?

"Why him? Why not I? Why him? Why not I?" He was repeating those words as mantra. Over and over again. He wrapped his arms around his legs and started crying.

The last weeks he had tried so hard to be the strong guy, so that Baekhyun could rely on him, but it didn't work out. Nothing was working since Jongdae left. He had to cry. It was a good feeling to let them go. It took away a bit of the pain that was destroying him little by little.

He didn't hear the steps on the stairs. He didn't realize that Baekhyun was standing at the door case, looking at him with sadness in his eyes.

Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol. He saw and heard the pain the taller one was feeling. It was the same pain that Baekhyun was feeling as well.

He slowly did a few steps towards him, laying his hand on Chanyeols shoulder and sitting down next to him. Chanyeol rested his head on Baekhyuns shoulder. Baekhyun wrapped his arms around him as much as possible and tried to hold him, while the taller one was still crying.

They remained like this for a while.

Baekhyun eventually started to cry as well. So both were sitting there, crying because someone they loved left. They shared their pain with each other.

They were there for each other.

Maybe it was going to be a bit better for now.

"Eventually there will be a time, where everything is going to be fine. I can't say how long we have to wait to find happiness again. But I know there is a way and we will find that way."

"Maybe .."

"No, not maybe. You just have to believe."

Yesterday I died; tomorrow's bleeding
Fall into your sunlight
The future's open wide beyond believing
To know why hope dies
And losing what was found, a world so hollow
Suspended in a compromise
But the silence of this sound is soon to follow
Somehow sundown

-----------------------------------

I am back home and so I decided to upload a new chapter! Same thing as always, I am not a native english speaker, so there will be mistakes! Sorry for that! I still hope you like this chapter and this story! Please tell what you think about it! I'll probably post the foreword for my OTP FF soon so stay tuned for that, the main couple is going to be Baekyeol (obviously) and it's going to play in the Harry Potter universe since I am big potterhead since I am 7/8 years old and it's still my favorite book. So if you're interested in that, than wait for my updates and stay tuned. Oh and I am probably update this week again since I have nothing to do. Oh and another thing: I know my chapters are really short, but that is kind of a point of this story so yeah. The song a the end is Shattered by Trading Yesterday and I thought it just kinda fits the story a bit.

Ann