Bad Day

Bad Day

 

Bad Day

      Minwoo looked particularly angry when he stomped inside the dance studio and scanned the room with murderous eyes.

Freezing in their spots, every people present looked at the Co-CEO sending darts with his small eyes and making every people's muscles stiffen each time these dark orbs were piercing through them. No one seemed to know what could be going on with the dancer, and no one dared to ask.

Minwoo wasn't known to be such hot tempered guy. He was known to be a cool, agreeable person to be around -even when the other Shinhwa members were being annoying. Minwoo had a reputation of a good nature guy, so seeing him like that was surprising and even worrying in a way.

“Where are they ?” The spoken words sent another chill down people's spine as they stared at the shorter man at the door. “ChoongJae !” The called man almost flinched and looked around quickly -but there was no way of escape for him. “Where are they ?”

“I don't know.” Junjin's voice sounded swallowed and small, almost like a child facing an enraged parent.

Minwoo's eyes flicked before he advanced dangerously on the taller dancer standing beside a frozen main singer. One could almost think Hyesung was trying to disappear by being particularly quiet and motionless -which was a poor survival strategy if asked to anyone.

“Junjin, don't you dare lie to me !” Junjin couldn't remember the last time Minwoo sounded so frighteningly menacing, and swallowing thickly, he didn't dare to look away or even speak. “Where. Are. They ?”

“I...”

“I know you helped them get away.” Minwoo said, cutting the rapper off and making him even more anxious. “I recognized your friend's car.”

Junjin gulped and stared silently. With darkening eyes, Minwoo took another step closer and stood tall in front of the rapper despite his short stature. Minwoo could be extremely frightening when he wanted to, and even Junjin who was usually chilled about such thing couldn't keep his stance confronted to such worrying situation.

“Now.” Minwoo's eyes met Junjin's. “Tell me where they are !”

Swallowing again, Junjin felt like spilling out everything he knew, but he couldn't -and it was the only reason he said, “I can't.”

! Could Minwoo stop looking like a murderer ? He would be thankful for that, because at the right moment the dancer was about to give him a heartattack.

As if gauging the rapper, Minwoo didn't blink a single time as the silence in the room thickened even more. Everyone seemed to know it was better to just stay out of this and be as invisible as possible to avoid the dancer's wrath. Hyesung knew it too, but he had a cold and had to sneeze at this exact same time -which attracted Minwoo's complete attention.

! Him who had believed he would be safe. Here he was suddenly pushed in the center of the lion's hen.

“You !” The threatening finger pointing at the main singer felt like a dangerous weapon he should hide from -but he didn't dare to move. “Come with me.” Grabbing Hyesung's elbow, Minwoo made his way out of the dance studio -determinate to find these damn guys.

“Min... Minwoo. Where are we going ? I've no idea where they are. I swear ! I don't know wha...”

“You've your car ?”

Hyesung shut his mouth sharply and blinked dumbly at the back of the dancer's head.

“Do you ?”

“Yeah. Yes. I do.”

“Good.” He released the main singer's arm once outside. “I need a ride.”

Hyesung gulped silently and asked, “To where ?” He wasn't sure he wanted the answer, and such fear was confirmed when Minwoo spoke.

“The Lunatic.”


 

      The Lunatic was Andy's favorite bar for after practice's drinks. He liked to enjoy some alone time at the place and everyone in the group knew when Andy was going there it was better to just leave him alone. No one ever dared to bother the younger man when at the Lunatic, and Hyesung couldn't help the cold sweat forming on his skin at the idea they were about to just do that.

The music was soft in the bar and conversations kept on the minimal volume. The atmosphere was relaxing, and Hyesung suddenly understood better why Andy loved to spend some alone time in this place. He caught himself thinking he would too, if he was surviving this night.

“Where are they ?” Minwoo seemed to have this only question at the lips for the past hour, and Hyesung wasn't sure if he was supposed to be annoyed or afraid.

Seeing the look on Andy's face when Minwoo so shamelessly disturbed his peacefulness, the main singer felt like he was about to get shot. Or stabbed to death with Andy's soju bottle.

“What are you doing here ?” Asked the younger man with narrowed eyes Minwoo didn't look away from -on the contrary, at the right moment he looked even more dangerous than Andy sitting at the table.

“Tell me where they are ! I know Eric called you, so tell me where to find them.”

Hyesung saw Andy swallow slowly and glance on the side before focusing back on Minwoo.

“Even if I knew.” He said slowly. “I wouldn't tell you.”

Murder flashed in Minwoo's eyes, and thinking the dancer was about to lash out, Hyesung observed frozen from the side as the shorter man clenched his fists and glared at the younger man staring back at him.

“Tell me...”

“I can't !” A silence formed around them, and for a moment it felt like everything else disappeared.

After a never ending time, Minwoo gave up and stepped away -still as furious as before.

“Minwoo !” Stopping at the sound of Andy's voice, the singer and dancer looked back at the younger man. “You can call him at this number.”

Glaring at the handed piece of paper, Minwoo eventually walked back on his steps to snatch it out of Andy's hand. Swallowing, Hyesung watched as Minwoo stomped away before sharing a look with the younger man at the table. The smile and thumbs up Andy gave him almost made him forget this anxiety chewing at his stomach -but the effect didn't last long when he caught up with the dancer outside the bar.

“Where the hell are you ?” Was saying the shorter man through gritted teeth, and Hyesung wondered if after this conversation Minwoo would throw his phone against a wall. “How the could you...”

Blinking, the singer guessed Eric had just hung up on Minwoo -which was far from smart in such situation. At this right moment, Hyesung believed sincerely the Iphone would go flying against the nearest wall, but instead it disappeared in the dancer's pocket. The singer considered this as a relief in itself.

“Where are we going ?” Asked Hyesung once in the car, and the dark look Minwoo pinned him with almost made him regret speaking.

“To the company.”

With a small nod, the singer started the car and drove away.


 

      Shinhwa Company was really quiet at such time of the day, and Hyesung didn't feel comfortable as they stepped through the corridors to the wanted room -Eric's office. The leader's name was shining under the moon's light, and if the sight could have been poetic in any other situation, Hyesung felt nervous when the door opened and let them inside the spacious room.

Minwoo spotted the leader right away and clenched his fists.

“What the is wrong with you two ? How could you...” Eric cut the dancer off by turning around with a smile on his face. “Where the is Dongwan ? Why the hell did you do that ?”

Eric stepped closer and Hyesung felt like screaming at the leader to stay the away. Minwoo seemed ready to kill someone, and if in any other situation Hyesung wouldn't have mind witnessing Eric's murder -it didn't feel that appealing now it seemed to be about to happen for real.

“Easy Minwoo.” The leader smiled with a hand falling on Minwoo's shoulder, but the dancer shrugged it away almost violently to glare more at the taller man.

“Don't tell me to calm down ! You ing ruined my car. What the is wrong with you ?”

“Come on Minwoo. Where's your sense of humor ?”

“Gone with my car's tires and doors.”

Eric shut his mouth sharply and lost his smile, and Hyesung stood shocked at the door -wondering how the hell these two idiots could do something like that.

“Dongwan said it would be fun.”

Minwoo could have killed the leader with his only gaze, and the singer felt impressed by the self-control the dancer was showcasing. It had been him, Hyesung would have already strangled the leader to death.

“The is wrong with you ?” He shouted, grabbing Eric's collar with one hand. “Do you've the slightest idea how ing expensive it is to fix this ? I was expected in Wonju for 3pm, but you damn idiots ruined it all !”

“Lis...”

“Give me back my wallet and IDs !” Minwoo put his hand out and waited for his belongings, and Hyesung was still dumbstruck by how far the two had went.

“Okay, here. But, just listen to me...” Said Eric while giving back the dancer's wallet and IDs.

“I'm done with your bull. Tell Dongwan next time he feels like stealing my car's tires and doors before ing robbing me from my belongings he's dead. You hear me ?” He took a menacing step closer. “You'll be both dead.”


 

      Hyesung followed Minwoo out of the company without a word but still shocked after hearing what had went down with RicWan and the dancer. He knew something was up, but he didn't know it would go that far. How could someone steal car's tires and doors anyway ? How was this possible ? Had they really robbed Minwoo besides that ? It was crazy, and he couldn't believe it.

“Where's the car ?”

Blinking, Hyesung snapped out of his thoughts and looked up to find an empty spot in place of where his car was supposed to be.

“Huh...?”

“You've to be ing kidding me.” Kicking the ground, Minwoo turned back to the company and stomped to it, shouting, “Eric !”

Hyesung followed the dancer hurriedly and stopped net when he saw Eric and Minwoo standing in the corridor at the entrance. He was sure this time the co-CEO would kill the leader, but instead Eric offered a ride Minwoo accepted reluctantly.


 

      It was quiet in the car. Quiet and tensed. Hyesung couldn't help squirm on the passenger seat while Minwoo was sitting at the back with his arms crossed over his chest and earpieces on. They could even hear the music from here, and Hyesung felt bad at the thought Minwoo was really upset this time. The dancer was usually closing on himself only when really mad, and the singer didn't like the idea it was because of their own band members.

He knew why all this had happened, but he was feeling uncomfortable at the sight of such look on Minwoo's face. It was almost like he was stabbed in the back and such betrayal was hurting more than anything else.

Knowing how hard it had been on Minwoo lately wasn't helping the feeling either. Hyesung knew too well how particularly stressed and down he was feeling, and having no one to relay on had only worsened the situation.

So yes, maybe RicWan's actions were full of good attention -but at this right moment Hyesung wondered if it was worth it. Maybe they should have come up with something else to avoid upsetting and hurting Minwoo like that. Eric loved too much messing with people though, and even if this all fiasco's idea was coming from Dongwan, Hyesung had no doubt Eric was the brain and leader of it.


 

      They arrived at night with the humid air making it disagreeable on their skin. Hyesung thought he would have rather be in Seoul at this right moment in his comfortable (air-conditioned) apartment than this isolate place with this big hall waiting for them.

Minwoo looked up at the place with narrowing eyes and furrowing brows. Suspicion was strong on his face, and looking at Eric the dancer didn't have to speak to let the leader know what was on his mind.

“The GPS says it's here.” Minwoo narrowed his eyes even more before looking at the place standing in front of them.

If Hyesung wasn't aware of what would happen, he would have been afraid and certainly drove away. Therefore, he could perfectly understand how Minwoo was feeling at the right moment after everything he had went through in only a few hours.

“It better not be another one of your stupid prank.” He said in a mumble. “Or I swear I'll kill you.”

Walking to the entrance, Minwoo didn't grant any more attention to the two at the car and certainly hoped they would just disappear and leave him alone. Hyesung had maybe nothing to do in the matter, but at the right moment he didn't want to be around any Shinhwa members.

      It was dark in the hall, the silence engulfing the place creating an oppressing sensation around Minwoo's mind. He wasn't the coward kind, but with Eric involved he couldn't help expect the worst.

After finding his car relieved from its tires and doors before being robbed by his own friends -everything could happen, and he had no will to end up locked up somewhere creepy. Never he would have imagined Eric capable to go that far, but once again, today had proven him differently.

He wasn't sure how to feel about the situation, and the annoyance and anger were too strong yet to feel anything else. He didn't know if he was blaming these two idiots that much, but he guessed he was, and he couldn't understand why they would do something like that to him -mostly when they knew how hard it had been on him lately.

It hurts to think they were that inconsiderate, and he couldn't believe they could be that heartless for their only pleasure. Today's events were close to some sadistic joke even Eric couldn't come up with. Minwoo was really confused about all this, but more than anything, he was angry and just wanted to forget the passed hours.

“Minwoo.” Opening the door of a room he guessed was the one he was expected in, he stopped slowly and closed his eyes at the sound of Eric's voice.

More than angry, he was disappointed and hurt and didn't want to face the leader at the right moment.

“Please Minwoo, just wait a second.” The hand on the dancer's arm was gentle and warm, and the familiar sensation brought blurring tears in his eyes.

“Just go, Eric.” Minwoo looked over his shoulder and noticed Hyesung in the dark corridor. “You too Hyesung. I don't want you around...” It hurts to say that and the look on the singer's face didn't help.

“Minwoo.” The dancer swallowed a sigh and granted Eric a few seconds. “Will you ever forgive us ?”

He didn't like this worried look in Eric's eyes, and once again, he didn't understand.

“Will you ? It's your birthday, we just wanted to make you happy.”

A pinch of annoyance awoken in Minwoo's chest, but exhaustion took over pretty quickly.

“I don't understand what you two meant by this nonsense, but you've done enough. Just leave me alone now, please.” There was tears shining in his eyes, and standing beside the leader, Hyesung felt a pang of guilt twist his insides.

Turning around, Minwoo eventually stepped inside the room and the light.

“Happy birthday !”

Confetti went flying in front of his eyes as firecrackers explode from everywhere and people surrounded him with lively applause.

Blinking, he stood there, dumbfounded and shocked by the sight greeting him. Not that he had not expected a birthday party nor even a surprise, but who he spotted in the middle of his friends and acquaintances wasn't something he had expected a single second.

He couldn't believe it, and without realizing it tears pooled in his eyes before sliding down his cheeks. The emotions assaulting him were too strong, and he couldn't control the overwhelming feeling of happiness and relieve taking over him.

“Mom. Dad.” He said, sobbing softly as he walked in his parents' arms smiling warmly at him.

He fell in their embrace heavily and hugged them with all his might.

“I missed you so much.” He said in their neck, and as answer they hugged him tighter and rubbed his back harder. “How did you...”

“Eric called us.” Said his mother, and in a breathy laugh, Minwoo's tears increased.

He should have expected it, should have trusted his friend…. How could he doubt them and think they could be such heartless bastards ? Of course they had to have a reason to do such unbelievable thing to him. Of course. Everything was making sense now (or almost), and he couldn't be more grateful to have such people around him and loving him. If not for them, he wouldn't be crying in his parents' arms and would have spent a rather depressing birthday without the people he needed the most at the right moment.

He was maybe the one convincing his parents to go on vacation overseas, but never he had imagined how the passed weeks would be so stressful and strenuous. He had wished for days now his parents would be there for him or at least for his birthday -but he knew it wouldn't happen and had gave up quickly, which had only depressed him more.

He didn't know his friends had noticed how much he was affected by the absence of his parents, and he didn't know they could go that far for him. It was crazy, it was amazing and it was so unbelievable that himself needed to check around him to be sure he wasn't dreaming.

“How did you...” He asked a good ten minutes later after greeting his friends and taking a drink.

Smirking, Eric sipped on his own drink and said, “I know you better than you think. I knew you'll be happy.”

Minwoo couldn't stop smiling as he observed the starting birthday party with everyone he loved and cherished. The music was already blasting and he couldn't wait to dance through the night.

“Why did you have to destroy my car though ?”

Eric laughed and said, “Your parents' flight was blocked in Indonesia. We wanted them to be here when you'll arrive, so we had to figure something to hold you back.”

Minwoo scoffed. “I guess it's nice of you, but did you really have to dismantle my car ? You know how much I like this car.”

“I do. But Dongwan said it would be even better if you were mad before the birthday party.”

“It doesn't look like you disagreed much.”

“I didn't.” He said, laughing -and hitting the leader's arm, Minwoo smiled and sipped on his drink.

“You're such s.” He said before spotting Dongwan among his friends and family.

Arriving from behind, he jumped on the singer's back with his arm wrapped around his neck to strangle him playfully. Their laughs erupted through the room and became louder than the music. People looked at them with smiles on their faces and shake of their heads for some.

“Don't you ever dare do something like that again.” He said at Dongwan's ear, and the singer laughed -still trying to get ride of the heavy weight on his back. “Or I'll kill you.”

Dongwan laughed and eventually managed to elbow Minwoo off. The two laughed together and drank before starting this birthday party everyone had worked so hard for.

Minwoo had no doubt he would remember this day for the rest of his life, even if for long months after the party Hyesung's car disappearance remained a mystery none of the Shinhwa members managed to clear. 

Until Junjin eventually admitted Andy had asked him to delay Minwoo's arrival a little more. 

These people were crazy, but they were Minwoo's crazy family, and he loved them like that -when they were not stealing his stuffs and committing a plain crime.    



Don't even ask me how I came up with this stupid piece xD

I was in a birthday mood with my inner angsty self trying to take over (which explains the rather confusing dark aura xD).

I had fun writing it, and it was completely to celebrate Minwoo's birthday. I didn't know what to do, and like writing is practically the only thing I can do as wanted, here we are ;p

Hope you enjoyed it nonetheless and see you around ^^