- 3 -

Promise

A/N: Although this is a pretty short chapter, I recommend that you guys please re-read the previous chapters while listening to the song ^^ It helps to understand where I got the scenarios in the story~



The air grew colder by the minute. Flakes of snow beginning to fall from the clear, white sky. His long arms wrapped around you tightly as he gently caressed your silver locks. The tears fell harder as you cried into his chest.

 

    “Thank you...for waiting here all this time.”

 

    You couldn’t respond. The heartache was too much to take in. You simply tighten your grasp, pulling him closer.

 

~

 

    It pained him too much having to see you experiencing this all at once. There you stood in the midst of it all, smiling. Your eyes sparkled, holding in the tears.

 

    It was difficult to express your love peacefully. Longing for his embrace as the memories flood your mind. The stage felt empty. Your happiness depleting, bit by bit. As each one becomes a distant memory. Even if it happened yesterday, today, or tomorrow. Nothing could make you forget them.

 

    His heart ached with guilt. Knowing that he couldn’t comfort you. It was all too much to endure. He couldn’t say “It’ll get better” or “It’ll be forgotten”.

 

    The visions remain etched into your brain, grasping onto the past realities. Hoping, wishing that those moments would return.

 

    You can feel their emotions  through their voice. The agony and hardships plastered by an iridescent, rich, white smile. A hopeful and optimistic image concealing the desolation of the past year. A hopeful mirage, being used, to get through it all.

 

~

 

    He closes his eyes taking in your scent. Each moment, he grows anxious, not wanting to let go.

 

    “Baby...don’t go. I know that it’s hard to keep believing in me. I can’t turn back a promise that has been broken. But I want to keep living and breathing next to you forever. Please….I pray that someday you’ll be happy, like you were in the beginning.”

 

    “I will never leave you…”

 

    A tear rolls down his cheek hearing those words come out of your mouth.

 

    “Thank you. I’m sorry. I love you. Even if I give my all, it won’t be enough. My love, I will protect you with all my life, just please continue to follow me.”

 

    “I love you too much to let go. I will stay by your side always.”

 

    “I know that your heart has been in so much pain. But I will continue to hold it tight. Please believe in me like you do now.”

 

    The salty droplets continued to fall, letting out the hidden heartache. Though it wasn’t enough to match what he’s lost.

 

    “If we can be together forever, I will never let you go.” You say in a soft voice.

 

    He hopes that you continue to glow amongst the silver sea. But the memories will always cast a burdening shadow.

 

    “I promise with all my heart, that I will never leave you alone. I will protect your heart, your smile and your happiness...but promise me one thing, you’ll never forget those three words….”

 

    You lifted your gaze, looking deep into his eyes, tears streaming down as you smiled.

 

    “We are one.”