Chapter 2

I'm not Her

“I’m sorry Ri…” Dara said while fidgeting with her fingers.

“Yeah, me too. We’re actually here to give you Chae’s stuff. Everything is in this box here.” Bom placed the black medium-sized box on the coffee table.

“I know I’m in no position to say this but, don’t be too sad alright? Be the strong guy you are oppa!” The maknae cheered.

‘Chae, you really do have such nice friends. If only you’re around.’

“Thanks maknae, I will! Don’t worry about me I can manage myself.”

“Alright we’ll be heading off now. Take care Ri!” Bom tried to sound happy when she was the one greatly affected by the incident.

“You guys take care too! And pray that Chae will come back home fast!”

“We will! See you soon oppa!” All the girls hugged Seungri before leaving him with the box filled with Chae’s memories.

Seungri picked up the small rilakkuma bear that was sitting at the top of the pile, smiling sadly at it. ‘Yah Lee Chaerin, you’re not going to return home? I miss you so bad I could die… I saw you just now. I mean, your doppelganger? She’s just like you. Top to toe, even the love for fashion and music. Come back quickly I have tons of stories to share. Love you so much baby sis!’

Seungri snapped out of his thoughts and wiped his dripping nose with the back of his hands. He dialled his assistant to accompany him for lunch before he starts getting more depressed and emotional.

------

“Quick tell us what’s going on in your head Lee Haru.” That made me jumped, almost falling off from my seat.

“Don’t bother lying either~” Aish appa!

“Umm how do I say this? Well… am I by any chance… secretly, unexpectedly, horrifyingly, tragically… separated from my twin at birth?”

“………….” I gulped seeing both my parents frowning at me. At this point I knew I screwed up. Good job, well done Haru!

“I think she’s drunk yeobo!” umma hit me on the head with her spoon. I wish I’m drunk too umma, so I can forget everything that happened today.

“Haru-ya… did something happen to you? What are you talking about? We really don’t get where you’re coming from.” I stared at my appa. He genuinely doesn’t know what I’m talking about. After what it seems like forever, I decided to just tell them what happened earlier also showing them the photos and sketches as proof. I need to know the truth anyway…

“Haru-ya, it’s giving me chills. This is so creepy I swear! I couldn’t blame you for doubting us earlier. Yeobo look at the baby photos!” umma exclaimed.

I really thanked God that I’m their biological love child and that I don’t have anything blood related to this Chae girl.

“I’m sorry mum, dad! I love you guys! I’m sorry!” I went over and give them hugs and kisses.

“Oh, by the way did you get the job?” appa suddenly asked. Jinjja appa, your timing…

I smiled sheepishly. Right… totally forgot about the interview… “Well, he dragged me out remember? So mmm yeah no interviews no job.” I shrugged, hoping he would shrug this topic off his shoulders as well.

“HALELLUJAH! Thank you Jesus for answering my prayers!” appa exclaimed. I can see umma smiling at the corner as well. Nobody could blame them right? I mean who would want their child with good qualifications to be a housekeeper?

“But that’s the only decent job I found! I’m unemployed for almost 2 years now umma…” I whined.

“Well you could do a little something like HELPING ME WITH MY COMPANY! I’m a CEO but my daughter wants to be a maid instead! Is that even logical?” appa shook his head.

I rolled my eyes. Not again, this is why I ran to other countries! “No appa, no! I want to do something related to fashion or music or anything related to art!”

“And cleaning someone’s house is something related to art, really?” oh that sarcasm hit me like a bulldozer. Okay he’s right. It got nothing to do with what I wanted.

“Just help me out for 3 months and I’ll let you do whatever you want after that. Sounds good?” still silent. He nudged me a few times before I agree to him. That’s just because he’s basically begging me with his puppy eyes urgh!

--------

“Dad, what the hell are we doing here? You said we’re going to your company, no?” I asked, looking puzzled.

“This IS my company. See Haru, you should care more about your old man here instead of your sketches!” I kept quiet, not wanting to argue with my dad early in the morning. This place still looks the same as before… Of course it will look the same, I was here just yesterday.

I trailed behind my dad into the building. ‘Oohs’ and ‘Aahs’ left my mouth with every step I took. I didn’t (couldn’t) really notice the interior of this building yesterday but dang it looks so fantabumazeballs! I wanna live here forever!!!

“Appa, how come I didn’t know you work here?” I asked.

“This girl- You were always busy overseas with your fashion and fine art and whatever schoolwork you’re involved with that you don’t give enough attention to this old man here.”

“Really? When did you tell me that?”

“I did told you quite a long time ago. I told you I’m the CEO of L&L Co. I guess it came out from my mouth but got blew away by the wind that it didn’t reach your ears young lady,” He rolled his eyes as he entered the elevator.

When we got off at the 60th floor, we were greeted by a good looking man. Very good looking indeed. Tall, well-built, flawless skin, sharp nose, plump lips, defined jawline and a very captivating eyes. Yumz!

“Stop drooling over him,” Appa whispered, making me blush. “He’s Choi Seunghyun and he will be your personal assistant starting today. He will help you with your work or anything you needed in general.” I shook hands with Seunghyun and exchanged introduction briefly.

“Alright now let me introduce to you the CFO and COO of the company. They’re like my own sons.” I nodded like a good girl and followed him to a room I find very familiar.

Before he could knock, the door open by itself and there stood two very adorable guys who seemed stunned by our presence, one of which is Mr. Panda. Awkward. I don’t know who the other guy was but he has an angelic smile that could melt you away. We exchanged bows before appa introduce me to the both of them.

“Morning guys, let me introduce my daughter Haru, Lee Haru. She will be joining us starting today. Don’t be too lenient to her. She needs to learn the hard way. And Haru, this is our very good looking CFO, Lee Seunghyun or better known as Seungri.”

Well well well, who would’ve known I’d be working with him? Wouldn’t it be awkward per se?

I bowed once again and shook hands with the both of them. “Annyeonghaseyo I’m Haru. Please take good care of me.”

“And I’m Kang Daesung, his assistant! I’ll sure be taking care of you miss!” The angelic guy said. Such a sweetheart~

“Yah, you take care of me! I’m your boss here!” Mr Panda said, receiving a glare and a pout from Daesung. All of us laughed at their cute antics.

Awkwardness aside, I think I’ll be able to handle and enjoy work here with these people around. Haru fighting!



A/N Thank you for subscribing! Really appreciate it~ I'll try to update more often ^.^