Camera Phobia???

Camera Phobia???

Everyone that he had  a camera phobia. It was a big funny joke that even after 10 years in the business he still wasn’t comfortable in front of the camera.

 

Donghae sometimes wonders how anybody could really believe that.

 

He sat on set of some variety show, he wasn’t too concerned really, he was just happy that all s were together. He always loved it when they could all be together; it was rare for them to all be invited onto a show, since there was so many of them.

 

The other thing that he loved about getting invited to variety shows was that more likely than not they would always seat him next to the most beautiful creature in the world, Lee Hyukjae, Eunhyuk to most but to him Baby is what he always called him. 

 

Most of the time he had to try really hard not to just stare over at his Hyukkie. He was told (several times) that it was really inappropriate and unprofessional. But he still couldn’t help himself sometimes.

 

He realized that he was sort of spacing, don’t think wrongly though. He heard every single thing that was being said but if he was distracted (thinking of Hyukkie) then it just took him a second to process what was being said or asked to him.

 

Currently he was next to his Hyukkie, he laughed along at something being said, it wasn’t really that funny he thought but he laughed along, it’s only polite. He was more concentrating on the fact that every time Hyukkie laughed their knees would brush up against each other. He kind of wished he would stop moving and keep his leg still so that he could have that feeling of his Hyukkie’s constant warmth. He wasn’t sure if this applied to all couples or maybe this was true for only him but even having the smallest amount of contact with his lover made him feel relaxed and happy, not to mention the warmth that Hyukkie always emitted. He loved feeling that warmth, people didn’t always realize but Hyukkie ran a little warm, like always, but Donghae thinks that’s because he really is a shining jewel, he shines bright like the sun so it only makes sense to him that he always runs hot, like the sun.

 

Donghae was taken out this train of thought as he felt Hyuk slap him on the knee.

 

“He exercises” said his Hyukkie. He chuckled and listened to Hyukkie answer for him, he thinks they might have asked what he likes to do in his spare time or something like that. He could feel Hyukkie give him a look, probably the exasperated look he gets when Hyuk knows Donghae is day dreaming when he should be paying attention. It was their job. He smiled at that, sometimes he thought it was so cool that he got paid just to sit there and be with s, to be with his baby…did that make him a hooker…no that’s something different but he wasn’t going to think about that now.

 

He went back to really paying attention, he swears he really was. He knows sometimes he comes off a little slow but you try to just sit there, acting like the other people around you are really engaging when the most wonderful, amazing, beautiful person is sitting next to you(they can't compete, not even for his attention).  Donghae could just sit and listen to Eunhyuk talk, well he has but when his Hyukkie is in front of the camera he is especially on. He always admired that about Eunhyuk he was so charming and freaking hilarious, he always had Donghae cracking up during any broadcast, which again he knows isn’t very professional but he loved Hyukkie, and his wonderful sense of humor.

 

The rest of the broadcast went pretty well, except for when the mean host laughed and questioned the existence of D&E. Like really…? Donghae did feel bad though, he saw the look on Hyukkie’s face when he condescendingly asked why they worked together. It was times like those that Donghae wished he was as quick witted as Hyuk but luckily Heechul stepped in and shut him up. Yeah, we need to make a living but really management got tired of Donghae’s suggestions (whining) that he and Eunhyuk put out an album. Who wouldn’t want to see them out on stage and on shows together.

 

Donghae loved D&E, not only because he got to spend more solo time with his baby but also it gave him the opportunity to write more. Let’s face it, they don’t get a lot of lines with so many members and he always felt that given the right opportunity the world could see and hear his baby’s amazing voice. So he took it upon himself to write more, songs he knew that Hyukkie and himself could really showcase both their vocal talents. Man, he really loved D&E…that subunit let him live out his longtime dream, him and his baby side by side on stage, what more can he ask for.

 

“Oww!” yelped Donghae. He just received a not so friendly smack on the back of the head from Heechul.

“Come on lover boy” smirked Heechul, he knew what his favorite donsaeng was really thinking about.

“Where-” Donghae started to ask

“With Teuk thanking the producers” said Heechul as he gave him a look that said, be obedient and follow me, right now.

“You ok Hae?” asked Siwon as he put an arm around Donghae as soon as he walked into the dressing room. Everyone was already getting ready to leave.

“It seems as if his phobia has gotten worse since I left” said Yesung as he grabbed his bag. “He hardly even talked today”

“I talked!” retorted Donghae

“Barely” said Kyuhyun

“When he did talk he was funny though” said Heechul as he put on his sunglasses (though they were inside 0.O)

“Thanks Hyung…and for earlier too, with-” started Donghae

“Nobody is going to disrespect my lil bro and the monkey in my presence”

“I heard monkey, what about Eunhyuk” said Leeteuk as he and Eunhyuk joined the others in the dressing room.

“Hey- I really wish you guys would stop calling me that” said Eunhyuk with a pout.

“Ok, Ugly” said Kyuhyun with a laugh that everyone joined in on. Nobody but Donghae noticed the hurt that flashed across Eunhyuk’s eyes.

“Oww~” said Kyuhyun as he rubbed the back of his head.

“You’re annoying” was all Donghae said but the look in his eye made the Kyuhyun shrink back.

“I was joking” said Kyuhyun. “Besides it kind of a well know fact…” But Kyuhyun quickly stopped talking when he saw Donghae move toward him ready to shut him up again.

“Hae~” called Eunhyuk and Donghae stopped in his tracks to look at his baby. The look that Hyukkie gave him made Donghae want to run over and hug him tightly but since they were still out where anyone could walk into their dressing room he settled for standing next to his baby.

“Alright everyone settle down. Donghae please get a better handle on yourself” said Teukie with a loud sigh. “You just spacing back there and you can’t go around smacking people for no reason”

“No reason!” said Donghae outraged. “That bra-” started Dongae but stopped when he felt Hyukkie grip his hand. He didn’t need to look as his baby to know that the latter was giving him a stop talking look.

“I’ll try harder next time” was all Donghae said as he squeezed the warm hand back.

 

It wasn’t until it past midnight did their schedules end and they were all able to go back to their dorms.

“Alright, good night everyone, get some rest” said Teukie and everyone responded with their own good nights.

 

Eunhyuk automatically headed for his room knowing a certain fishy was following him.

As soon as the door was closed Donghae grabbed his baby in a tight hug.

“I’ve been wanting to do that since the morning” said Donghae as he breathed in Hyukkie’s wonderful distinct smell. He kissed his baby’s neck once before separating himself just slightly to look at Hyukkie. Donghae took in Hyukkie’s face.

“Tired?” asked Donghae

“Yeah, but this helps” said Eunhyuk as he returned the hug and squeezed his boyfriend tightly.

“You were really great today” said Donghae as he walked them over to Eunhyuk’s bed. As they parted and sat on top of Eunhyuk’s immaculate bed Donghae continued, “You were so funny on Radio Star Hyukkie, I think you’ll have a lot of air time” finshed Donghae with a smile.

Eunhyuk quickly frowned hearing this, “Maybe, but you won’t, Hae-” started Eunhyuk but let out a huge sigh, “Hae you are so fun and funny, I wish you wouldn’t space out so much, especially during tapings” said Eunhyuk with a disapproving look.

“I’m sorry Hyukkie, I really don’t mean to do it on purpose” said Donghae as he crawled over to the left side of the bed and held out his arms for his baby to join him. A content smile adorned his face when Hyukkie snuggled next to him.

“I know you don’t do it on purpose Hae, but I wish there was something I could do to help you get over your camera shyness” Eunhyuk didn’t dare say camera phobia, that sounded to doom and gloom for his taste.

“Oh there is something you can do” said Donghae laughing

“What?” asked Eunhyuk hurriedly and a little confunsed by his lovers sudden fit of laughter.

“Don’t show up” said Donghae as his laughter subsided

“Huh?” asked Eunhyuk as he turned over to stare up at Donghae, his chin resting on Hae’s chest.

“Hyukkie, I’d like to point out I do pretty well in all my drama’s right?” asked Donghae and Hyukkie nodded. “And if I have to do a solo interview or something I think I do pretty well” and Hyukkie nodded again. “So don’t you see that it’s you” said Donghae with a small smile.

“Me, Hae, it’s my fault” said Eunhyuk with sad eyes, he thought that Donghae was trying to tell him he was stifling him.

As if he knew what his baby was thinking he leaned in and quickly pecked the other’s lips reassuringly. “Not like that, you are just so…incredible baby” said Donghae as he kissed Eunhyuk again, this time a little longer.

“Incredible, what does that have to do with-”

“Hyukkie, you are so talented, animated, quick witted, hilarious…you are the perfect well rounded entertainer” said Donghae as he rolled Hyukkie over and gave his an even longer lingering kiss.

“What are you saying Hae?” asked Eunhyuk in a haze when they parted. He had no idea where the other was going with everything.

“What I’m saying is that you are very distracting” said Donghae as the feel of his baby under him was distracting him from finishing his thought.

“Distracting?” asked Hyukkie as he stopped Donghae’s hand from going under his shirt. “Hae pay attention and finish your thought”

“I’m trying baby” said Donghae as he started to kiss along Hyukkie’s jaw and neck.

“Ya-Lee Donghae” said Eunhyuk annoyed now that Donghae was spacing again.

“Sorry” said Donghae as he leaned to one side but was still intertwined with Eunhyuk.

“What I’m trying to say is, when we are on a show together and we are close I can feel you… No, I mean you being around is a comfort to me and distracts me from paying attention.” Said Donghae but he knew he didn’t get his message across correctly.

“So you’re saying because I’m around you during broadcasts you… get and only think of dirty thoughts??” asked Eunhyuk with a mix of flattery and embarrassment.

“Umm…sometimes” said Donghae, it was the truth but that's not what he was trying to tell the other. “But what I meant was that when you are in front of the camera you shine baby” said Donghae lovingly and truthfully. “I get so in awe of you and everything that you say or do that I tend to just pay attention to only you and not the show we are on” finished Donghae with a sly smile, he thought he got his message across. He was so sweet sometimes.

“Hae…you big dummy” said Hyukkie as he smacked his boyfriend once on the chest. “Why wouldn’t you pay attention, the less you say the less air time you get, the less people will get to know you and the less likely they will become your fans. You shine too Hae, and I want everyone to know it but in order for that to happen we need to get you out there, on camera.”

“Thanks baby” said Donghae as he kissed Hyukkie again. “But let’s face it, I’m more comfortable behind the camera and you were made to be on screen” finished Hae as he put his hands together and made a square with his fingers, like dircetors sometimes do when they are planning out a scene that needs to be shot.  “Beautiful.” Said Donghae.

“That’s not true Hae, you-”  Eunhyuk started.

“Let’s not argue about this baby” said Donghae as he hovered above the slimmer male and gave him a long kiss to shut him up.

“But Hae-” said Eunhyuk as he easily rolled them over, Donghae never put up a fight with him and let Eunhyuk roll them over. “Everyone thinks you have a camera phobia” started Hyukkie as he straddled Donghae

“So?” asked Donghae as he admired the view of his gorgeous baby above him.

“So- everybody mercilessly teases you about it, they poke fun of you all the time, doesn’t that bother you?” asked Eunhyuk seriously.

“I don’t let it get to me, and I don’t correct them because if they knew my camera phobia was really a Hyukkie stunning spell, they’d really never let me live it down and they’d stop putting us on shows together.” Said Donghae with the cutest pout, according to Hyukkie.

“So I’m a wizard or something, I put a stunning spell on you” asked Eunhyuk very touched by his lover’s words.

“Baby you had me under your spell the moment we met” said Donghae as he started to caress the exposed skin at Hyukkie’s hip.

“Chessy Fishy” said Eunhyuk as he leaned down to kiss his wonderful, immature boyfriend. “I still don’t like that they tease you about it though.” Said Eunhyuk as he rest his chin on top of Donghae’s chest.

“I don’t really care what they say anyways, your opinion is the only one that matters” said Donghae as he cupped his baby’s face with his hands, “Okay, don’t care what they think because they are wrong, you are so amazingly beautiful baby. You shine brighter than any diamond. I just fear one day you’ll realize that you can do better and leave me.” said Donghae with an over exaggerated pout.

“Chessy Fish...” said Hyukkie smiling his brilliant gummy smile down at Donghae.

“I love you Hyukkie” said Donghae every seriously.

Donghae looked at Eunhyuk with all the love and admiration he felt for the other.

“Hae” started Eunhyuk as he looked away from his boyfriend, the look Donghae was giving him sent chills up and down his spine.

“Hmm.” Hummed Donghae in response as he caressed Eunhyuk’s cheek.

“Thank you” said Eunhyuk and he bent down to kiss Donghae pouring all the things he couldn’t say into the kiss.

 

The rest of the night was spent with Donghae showing Eunhyuk how much he loved the other. He even incorporated his camera, just so he could prove to Hyukkie how well he could do in front of the lens.

 

By the end of the night Eunhyuk concluded that Donghae really did not have camera phobia.