Afterglow

Afterglow

Jimin's Pov:

  The sunlight filtered through the translucent curtains of my bedroom, which lit up the dark room with a faint light. I groaned in annoyance as the alarm clock on the bedside table rang. I slammed my hand on the the practically raging clock , then pushed myself up so that I am sitting on the bed. My back felt sore and the scratches left on there by Jungkook still stings. I ruffled my hair and took the alarm clock into my hands: 6.30. 40 more minutes before I have to leave the house. I got off my bed and went into the bathroom to freshen myself up, and to get ready for the day ahead. I took a quick shower, brushed my teeth then walked back into my bedroom to get a change of clothes. I put on my school uniform and walked out to the kitchen to get something to eat. I somehow stubbed my toes aginst the leg of the dining table, which resulted in a loud and high-pitched scream. The only thing that answered me is my own voice that echoed back to me, as if it were mocking my clumsiness. I grabbed onto my hurting toes and jumped into tthe kitchen to get a packet of strawberry milk and a piece of toast. I gobbled all of it up and threw the empty packet into the trashcan, then walked back to the living room. I put on my school blazer and shoes, picked up my school bag and walked towards the entrance. I turned back one last time and spoke softly, "I'm going out now." I closed the door gently and left the apartment without looking back.

  As I reached the school, I quickly walked into my class as I didn't want to be late. I managed to make it in time, and thus I did not get any detention. I settled down into my own seat and started to space out.

  I didn't managed to take down any notes for the day, I wasn't paying attention at all. My mind was totally occupied by the cocky junior of mine, Jeon Jungkook. His moans and gasps filled all of my mind and thoughts, yet I couldn't really say that I am satisfied at all. Even though I have the opportunity to touch his body, even though I can make him scream in pleasure, even though we have felt each other for so many times physically. There's so many things that we have done together, and yet our heart are not as one. It's not that I can really complain or anything, but that really need to understand my feelings already. It's so obvious, even the whole club knows about the feelings I harboured for him. He may be observant about other people, but he is so dense when it comes to his ownself. I sighed in annoyance and started to chuck down some water, hoping that classes will pass by soon.

*

  The school bell rang, and hte teacher left the classroom. I started to pack up my own bag and lazily wore the school blazer over my shoulder. Just when I was about to leave my seat, a bunch of girls came hovering me and started to get all touchy and comfortable with me. "Yah, Jimminie~ Shuoldn't we hang out today?" They will flirt with anyone who looks HOT to their eyes. I don't really want to mingle with people like them, so I just 'politely' rejected them. "Nope~ I still have club activities afterward, sorry~" I gave'em my signature smile and left them there.

  I walked towards the school nathroom and walked into a bathroom cubicle, then changed into a grey hoodie and a black sweatpants. The weather is getting colder nowadays, so I will have to be more mindful of whatever things I do. It will be bad if I ended up being sick. After changing, I walked out of the cubicle only to see another boy in the school bathroom, too. It was Jeon Jungkook. It seems like he noticed me through the reflections shown on the mirror, but he didn't acknowledged my existance.

  I didn't say anything either. I coulnd't. It's always like this; when the next day comes, we wouldn't talk to each other for a few days. No matter how passionate the previous night was, it will all fade away into the pass. I walked towards the basin and washed my face, then looked to the left where Jungkook was standing at. He was styling his hair, checking himself out; he wouldn't even spare me a look. Though I feel a little discouraged, I just ignored these feelings that were threatening to overflow and walked out of the bathroom.

  Dance practice carried on as usual, and he still don't have any intention to interact with me. Club activities felt more tiring than it usually was, and the sweat tricklin down my back made the scratches stung. An uncomfortable feeling on the back that prevented me from doing my best in dancing. I just stood on the sidelines, watching him get all touchy with the other club members. The unpleasant and suffocating feeling bubbled up from within my chest, threatening to burst at any moment. I held it all in. I held all my complains and anger within myself. This relationship is just between two high schoolers. We didn't have any special feelings from the start, plus this isn't the type of relationship where we can tell each other that we are lonely or sad. The one he goes to no matter what happens will never be me. That was already established from the start. It was just to help relieve one another at first, but my plans went awry and here I am, stuck with these inconvinient feelings. I sighed once more as I wished that he would start talking to me again.

*

  Days passed by, and he still didn't talk to me.

  Just maybe, he had gotten sick of me.

  Well, it isn't like I have never expected this to happen. Like he said, either of u can just call this relationship off when it gets too much of a bother. But I guess I just wasn't prepared enough to accept that. When that time comes, I will have no other choice but to swallow down his decision.

  Classes ended, and dance practice begins.

  Dance practice ended, and it's time to go home.

  I packed up all of my stuff and was about to go home, when I felt someone behind my back. I slightly turned around to look at who it was. It was Jeon Jungkook, the source of my agony. He leaned closer to my ear and whispered. "Jimin sunbaenim, usual place?" I can feel his prud little smirk; he had got me all over him.

  "Sure," I replied. "Come at 10."

  "Okay." The younger said and then left.

  There he goes again, always making me anticipate for his ouch.

 

  When the clock strikes ten, I heard a knock on my apartment door. I strode over to the entrance and opened the door, "Come on in, Jungkookie~" I hummed and gave my signature smirk, it was the only trait of mine that I was confident in.

  The two of us just start to get downto business, remaining awake even during the deep night.

  When dawn arrives, I will wake up to the shrill noise of the alarm . I will wake up to see that younger boy was already gone. All that was left behind will be the momentary satisfaction that will slowly turn into aching loneliness, and his scent will linger on my bedsheets.

  I had no choice but to make do with whatever I have, right?


I would like to shamelessly advertise my stories here.

Namjin- The Scent of Lilies  http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/952363/the-scent-of-lilies-jin-bts-rapmonster-namjin

VHope- Missing you  http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/962869/missing-you-jhope-kimtaehyung-junghoseok-vhope