Final

Dance With Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

An anon on tumblr requested a kaibin basketball captian/ dance captian AU and so here is what I came up with.
Enjoy!

 

 

Hongbin was having a normal day. He was happy, he passed an exam, his team was doing great. Normal. But when he entered the practice gym he knew his day was going to be anything but normal. 

Hongbin and his team stopped in their tracks when the saw that half of the basketball court was occupied by the dance team. Hongbin’s jaw dropped in disbelief. 

“Excuse me!” He marched towards the dancers. He smashed the off button on the stereo when no one answered him. “Excuse me.” He started again. “But you have seem to mistaken our practice gym for your dance room.” He spoke, motioning to the room around them. 

“We know where we are.” A tanned male stepped forward. Kim Jongin, the president of this little, but not so little, dance club. Hongbin’s eyes narrowed in on him. “But you see some of your goons here flooded our dance room as a mistake in a stupid prank. We have a competition to practice for so the principle gave us permission to use half of the court until our room is fixed. Here is a note saying so.” Jongin the note in Hongbin’s face with a smirk. 

“Yeah well we have a game to prepare for and need all the space to practice.” Hongbin crumpled the note and threw it to the ground. Jongin shrugged and pressed play on the stereo, turning back to his club members. 

“Let’s start from the top shall we!” He clapped his hands and started counting the beat as his dancers got into place. Hongbin stood there dumbfounded. 

“Soooo, I’m guessing that they aren’t leaving...” His friend Ravi asked, pushing Hongbin’s jaw back into place. Hongbin whipped around to glare at his teammates. 

“Which of you s were the ones to flood their practice room?” He seethed. His eyes searched each and every one of their faces for a sign of guilt. He huffed angrily when he got no answer. “Well because of who ever did it we are now stuck with them. Hope you’re ing happy.” He snatched the ball from a players hands and started their warm-ups. 

 

Hongbin’s heart dropped when he came into the practice the next day and found they were still there. Couldn’t they find somewhere else to do their girly dancing? It was seriously annoying and a little distracting. They guys couldn’t keep their eyes off the girls. 

How were they supposed to prepare for their upcoming game with them frilling around and distracting his players? Was this some kind of test from the basketball gods? 

“Heads up!” Hongbin turn in time to have ball smack into his face, knocking him to the ground. His teammates came rushing over. 

“Dude, are you alright?” Ravi snapped his fingers in front of his face. Hongbin slapped his hand away, saying he was good. He got to his feet and frowned when he saw the dance team was watching in amusement. Jongin was in a fit of giggles against his friend who was having a hard time containing his own laughter. “Dude you were totally checked out there, staring at him.” 

Hongbin’s frown deepened but blood rushed to his cheeks. He wasn’t look at him. He was just...observing the talent the dance team had. Yeah that’s it. He convinced himself, giving one last glance to the president. 

 

Three days had he had to deal with them. Three ing days of hearing the same song. Play, stop, critique, play, stop, critique, over and over again. Hongbin was going to go insane if he heard it one more time. 

He stomped over to their side of the court and pressed the off button on the stereo; thankful for the moment of quiet he received. 

“Can I help you?” Jongin raised an eyebrow. 

“Please can you find somewhere else to practice! You guys are nothing but a distraction.” He had finally snapped. He couldn’t take it anymore. 

Jongin laughed. “It is because of your team that we are here.” He reminded. Hongbin ran a hand through his hair in frustration. 

“Yes, yes I understand that.” The dancer crossed his arms and smirked. 

“Then I don’t see what you have to complain about.” 

“Find somewhere else to practice.” Hongbin growled. Jongin raised an eyebrow again, stepping to the taller. 

“Only if you can beat me in a free throw battle.” Hongbin thought he might have been joking but his face was serious, his eyes determined. 

“W-what?” He sputtered. Jongin grinned and repeated his words slowly. “How is that even fair?” Jongin shrugged. 

“It is what it is. If you can beat me we will leave. If I beat you, then we stay...and you have to be my slave for the rest of the week.” 

Hongbin couldn’t believe his ears. This was going to be so easy! Free throws were his specialty.

The rules were as follows: The two of them are to take a shot, each one being farther and farther away each time. If one is to miss the other must make the basket to win.

He was to take the first shot and took his place at the free throw line. He bounced the ball twice before shooting it. It bounced off the back bored and dropped through the net. Hongbin’s team cheered as the dancer and him traded places.

Hongbin watched with a confident look upon his face. He would never make it. Jongin bounced the ball a few times and looked up at the basket. The basketball captain had started to become irritated with the dance, who was taking far to long for his liking.

“Take the damn shot already.” He growled. Jongin turned to glare at him. He lifted the ball and tossed it straight into the basket, his eyes never leaving Hongbin’s. His jaw dropped. What had he gotten himself into?

They had moved back to the half way line of the court. Tension was high between both sides, but Jongin seemed confident and that worried Hongbin.

 He wiped his sweaty palms against his shorts and stared at the basket that looked so far away. He had made this shot before with no problem many times, but now he felt a new pressure on him that made him more nervous than he’s ever been. Jongin was much better at this than he had anticipated.

Hongbin bounced the ball once before raising the ball. He knew as soon as it left his fingertips that he would miss. Somewhere in th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter