Smoking Hot

Smoking Hot

Kindly take your time to read this story, leave some comment or press the vote button. Gomawo chinggudeul~

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, I'm Yuri. Most of you reading this are probably kpop fans. Well then, I'm one of you. Hahaha. So it may be alright for me to assume that you already know what cover artists are, right? If no, then let me have the honor to explain.

Cover artists are those dancers or singers who impersonate, or oftentimes imitate the idols they like. Take for example Kaotsun or St. 319. You may also be familiar with Def Dance Skool or maybe WAWA. If you are, then you know what Cover Artists are, and if you haven't checked them out, you're missing out on something great. Not only do they show amazing dance skills, but they also make it easier for the fans who are fond of copying dances just for fun to be familiarized with the steps despite the absence of the dance practices.

So yeah, I'm a dance cover artist together with my long-time friends who has the same passion for dance and K-pop as me-Sooyoung, Hyoyeon, Seohyun and Jessica.

The five of us joined in the local-based kpop organization in our place that we recently just discovered. Despite being new to the field, we decided to join this year's Dance Cover Contest-it was beyond our knowledge that they were holding these type of events yearly for the members and cover artists to participate in.

So we grabbed the opportunity to perform in front of our fellow kpop fans.

**On the day of the event**

Of course, because this is our first performance, or as we call it as "debut stage", we were one of those who arrived at the venue earlier than the rest. Nervous and, at the same time, ecstatic show many people the product of our hard work and passion.

The event is held in the biggest mall in our city, which also sponsored the whole event. You can say that it looked extravagant, with the lights and sound system that was put in fir the event.

The stage was already there, all set, ready to be performed on. The only ones needed for the event to start are the MCs and the performers-and also the audience (what is an event without the audience?)

The time has come for the event to start. One by one, the competing groups started to come up the stage and display their talents on stage. The contestants were divided into two groups-- one group for covering girl groups and another for those cover boy groups.

The MCs, signaling that it's our turn, called our group's name. With shaking hands, yet determined hearts, we walked our way up the stage platform and started dancing. We gave our all at our first ever performance for the organization, not really aiming to get to the top.

After all by the dancing, shouting and spazzing, the winning groups are called up on stage.

The 3rd place didn't go to us, so we're no longer hoping that we'd win, but we were still hoping. Not that we'd win, but that oppa's group would-- closing my eyes as I pray that Jong Suk oppa's group would bring home the prize.

And by the looks of it, I'm not the only one who's wishing for such thing. The girls beside me looked like their eyelids would permanently be shut due to the tightness they're squeezing their eyes.

"And the winner is... BTD! Congratulations to Born to Dance, the cover artist for BTS, for winning this year's dance cover contest.

I would be lying when I say that I didn't expect their group to win, but I'm still shocked when BoA unnie said it herself. Without any care as to what people would think of me, I join in the crowd of fangirls who are jumping up and down with glee as we chant the group's name.

We didn't win, but we're still happy.

After all the performances, the organization organized an After Party for the hardworking staffs and participating members. It seemed like a real artists' event, aye? That's how clever our organizer is.

It's like the usual party with some acquaintances-held in resto-bar owned by a Korean who is fond of the org. We wouldn't deny the fact that we felt kind of out of place, but what do we expect? We're still rookies. We didn't know much of the people in there. I mean, Jessica and the rest. Not to brag or anything, but I knew quite a number of people there. Mostly are my classmates and schoolmates back when I was in elementary. And the rest, staffs with high ranks in the org. Connections! Just kidding.

Fortunately, one of the first few people I've met was Jong Suk oppa's best friend. No no no~ No malice involved. They're just best friends, as in best friends-nothing more, nothing less. And because I'm close with his best friend, it wasn't that hard for me to make some moves. You know those simple picture op with him. And, hmmm, get some relevant detail about him. Let's just say.. his birthday, his location and.. *smirks* mobile number.

It seems like we're the only ones separated from the rest. It's just us five who are staying by the sides, just us five talking to one another. I now regret forcing them to come here with me. Honestly, they really didn't want to come here. Not only did this cost money, they also knew that this would happen. They already predicted this situation that we'd just be staying in the sidelines with only ourselves to interact with. However, with love on the line, and with the power of persuasion, I was able to make them join me.

But if you thought that this story would end just with me saying that I'm regretting my decision, well, you're kind of right.

JUST KIDDING!

You're absolutely wrong.

It's really my plan to stay on this side of the resto-bar. I have a clear view of him, every angle that I treasure. His every movement I witness, his every breath I count. But I'm not that obsessed to really count his breath, I'm just trying to make a point.

I saw him tap the shoulders of his best friend, the one I'm close with, mouthing something about going out for a bit. Huh! Super zoomed in eyes for the win!

Countdown. 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1..

I waited for quite some time to follow him. I told my friends first, but despite them giving me the bad look, I still managed to delay my death.

I followed him out.

Wait. What if we bump into each other when I go out? What if he noticed that I followed him? I have to think of an excuse first. A valid one.

*ting! Lightbulb!*

I took out my phone, as if someone is calling me or I'm trying to call someone-either way would work anyway. The lack of signal inside the room is really of much help. Brilliant. Simple and reasonable. I'm so smart. *proud smile*

When I already made my way out, I began acting. "Tsk", I said as if I'm pissed off. I searched for him, and when my eyes landed on him, I saw him about to light a cigarette that's already in between his lips.

[Dear readers, smoking tobacco cigarette is dangerous to your health.. not only to your health but to the people around you. So be considerate enough not to kill others. If you want to die early, go blow the smoke of your cig and inhale it again. You'd help reduce pollution by then. Thank you~]

I was taken aback. It's because I'm the type of person who isn't fond of people who smoke. I hate them. But I can't hate him, I just can't.

Something took over my mind and my body that I unconsciously just rushed to him and snatched the cigarette from him and threw it. I stepped on it and crushed it. Without much control of my body, my hands just snatch also the lighter he was holding and slammed it to the floor.

I don't know, but I seemed to have been possessed.

"Oppa, sorry if I acted that way, okay? I just don't want to see someone committing suicide, especially if it's in front of me. I know you know that smoking is bad for you, right?", I said.

"I know. But just let me, it's just because I feel cold right now.", he answered.

"There are a lot of ways to stop the chilly feeling. Just don't smoke.", I sounded angry when those words left my mouth. It's just, he's answer was so stupid. He feels cold? Get a blanket!

"The other way I could think of.. I think you'll get mad at me if I use the other way." What? Why would I get angry at him? I would probably be happy if he stopped smoking and resorted to some healthier way.

"Whatever it is oppa, it's alright with me. As long as you just stop smoking.", I said smiling. Nothing. It's just that I feel happy because it crossed his mind to stop.

"Okay.", OKAY?! That's i---

Holy guacamole~ Even before I could answer, oh damn it. Damn it seriously. I feel like I'd burst out with happiness.

Wanna know what happened? Waaah~ I feel extremely happy, can I not tell you?

OMG LOL JUST KIDDING

"Okay.", OKAY?! That's i---

Before I can answer, I felt a hot and at the same time, soft thing that's pressed on my lips.

He kissed me and he hugged me.

"I hope you're not mad."