Haunted

Welcome Back Home!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In a bedsit somewhere in Seoul, Juliette Dubois is having a nightmare. She is reliving her army days and her team is under fire somewhere abroad. A colleague cries out her name as the gunfire continues

 “Doctor !! Hurry, we need a doctor !! where’s Dr. Park !!” shouted the sergent.

 “With anothe patien, sir!!” answered a soldier

 Then they saw a sihlouette wearing a white coat running towards them.

« Doctor ! I can’t stop the bleeding !! » shouted a nurse who had her hand on a wounded man on the ground.

« Doctor, he is loosing consiouness !!! » shouted another man who was beside another corps lying covered in blood

« Doctor !! Please, save my little Jule, he is my only son !! save him!  please !! » an old woman was in tears as she was tugging on the doctor’s white blouze.

 

All the voices where ecoing along with the sound of the gunfire, corps covered in blood were everywhere

Finally she jolts awake, distressed and panic-stricken. She sits up in bed wide-eyed and breathing heavily until she realizes that she is safe and a long way from the war. Flopping back onto her pillow, she tries to calm her breathing as she continues to be haunted by her memories. Eventually, unable to stop herself, she begins to weep. 

Some time later she has sat up on the side of the bed and switched on the bedside lamp. It’s still dark outside. Juliette sits quietly, wrapped up in her thoughts, and looks across to the desk on the other side of the room. A metal walking cane is leaning against the desk. She looks at it unhappily, then continues to gaze into the distance. She will not be sleeping again tonight. 

 

DAY TIME. The sun has finally risen and Juliette, now wearing a dressing gown over her night wear, hobbles across the room leaning heavily on her cane. In her other hand she has a mug of tea and an apple, both of which he puts down onto the desk. The mug bears the arms of the South Korean Army Medical Corps. Sitting down, she opens the drawer in the desk to get a picture frame. As she takes it out ,right under the object is a hand gun. She immediately closes the drawer, She stare at the picture. Bitter, her face put on a very bitter smile as she flipped the frame over, there was an engraving on the wooden fabric,  It reads, “13/06/2013 South Korean Army Medical Corps, Troup 7 is born! P/S:We Are Bulletproof! ^.^”.

Later she is at her psychotherapist’s office and she sits in a chair opposite her. 

 


ELLA: “How’s your Job hunt going?” 
Juliette: “Yeah, good.” She clears his throat awkwardly. “Very good.” 
ELLA: “You haven’t even tried, have you?” 
Juliette poinsg to Ella’s notepad on her lap: “You just wrote, “Still has trust issues.””
ELLA: “And you read my writing upside down. D’you see what I mean?”
Juliette smiles awkwardly in response.

 Ella: How is your leg? She attempts to start a new conversation with one of the most silent of her patients so far…

Juliette: “Leg? Yeah, my leg is fine, the wound closed up long ago, and the nervous system is slowly adjusting to sudden reflexes, the muscles are in place, and the scar isn’t pretty much ugly….”She was cut by the other woman

Ella: “Phantom pains?” she said as she looked at her sharply

Juliette: “No, that’s not a problem, I know that I am not in pain, there is nothing left to hurt me anymore the nervous system is just in shock phase , and it will get better with time, look, I still have my leg, it’s still here, I can touch it, I can still see it”

Ella: “I am of course talking about what’s no longer in your body… I mean: The bullet” the word came dry, and very bitter as she met the gaze of her patient who immediately glared at her.

Ella: “Believe me Miss, this is the main problem right now, I can’t comprehend you, really! With all your experience and knowledge, and being the brilliant doctor that you are, why can’t you accept phantom pain?”

Juliette : “Phantom pain sensations are recorded most frequently following the amputation of an arm or a leg, but may also occur following the removal of a or an in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter