Chapter 1

You're My Property
Please log in to read the full chapter

Baek Sumin's POV

 

"Yah, get out!" yelled the debt collecters as they hasrhly threw half of our belongings.

"Please, give me some more time!" I begged on my knees desperately. The sound of glass and other items being crashed woke up the six year old Baek Seonmee who came down confused and surprised.

The debt collecter walked towards me with a deathly glare, and without a heart, slapped my cheeks that soon turned tomato-red.

"Ahjussii! Don't slap my sister!" yelled Seonmee who was now running towards me with tears trickling down her face, her eyes alert and frightened.

It felt like time had stopped. It was the worst day of my life because my poor little sister had to witness my current state. It felt like sound stopped existing, and all that I could see was my scared sister crying and begging the debt collectors' leader to leave our family alone. The leader only scoffed and shoved her away before continuing to threaten me of what would happen if I didn't pay back his loan.

It was beginning to rain and debt collecters decided to leave one last time with a warning, and bad, bad, scary warning. Once the last one left with a kick on the door, I sighed in relief. I hugged Seonmee and apologized for not giving them a better life. When she hugged back, I tried not to flinch from all the bruises I received. A full minute after just silently holding on to each other, Baek Sora, our oldest sister, entered the house, hand in hand with a bunch of shopping bags. When she saw our house, she scoffed, rolled her eyes, and simply didn't seem surprised.

"Eonnie, what is that?" asked Seonmee with curiousity. "Is it food? Because we haven't eaten anything for 7 whole hours."

"It's certainly not anything for you," answered Sora in a cold tone. She turned to look at me before saying, "I borrowed some more money to buy them, by the way."

My eyes widened. "What?"

"You heard me," she said before entering her room. I followed inside her and closed the door.

"Who told you to come in without my permission?!" shouted Sora as she glared at me.

"Yah, aren't you ashamed?" I asked, tears trickling down my cheeks one followed by another. "You are the oldest out of all of us! You're supposed to take care of Seonmee and Baekhyun! How could you go around borrowing money to buy clothes when we're already stuck with a large debt? It'll take lifelong just to pay it all back!" I shouted, anger filling my eyes as I shed more tears.

"It's my life! Who are you to tell me what I can and cannot do!?!" Sora screamed furiously.

"Don't be too loud! Baekhyun's sleeping! Oh, speaking of him, do you even know that Baekhyun is really ill?" I questioned. "Oh wait, I forgot. You don't even know who he is because you could careless about our family!"

"If Baekhyun is ill, he could die at any time. Why waste precious money to save a dying person when everyone knows the results either way?" Sora snorted, rolling her eyes.

I was shocked to hear such a hostile attitude from Sora. I raised my hand and gave her a slap that probably hurt more than the one I received earlier.

"You don't mean that!" I said angrily. It would've been an understatement if I said I was disappointed with Sora. No, I was extremely upset. I didn't want to see her any longer. I then left, making sure to slam her door as I exited.

 

_______________________________________________________________________

 

Meanwhile at Royal Co.

*rinngg*

Jungkook's phone vibrated while he was busy presenting his slideshow to the board of directors. He ignored it the first time, but when it continuously rang, I inwardly sgroaned in frustration. How could I have been so careless and forgot to turn it off? he thought.

"Excuse me," he said in a cold tone before departing out of th

Please log in to read the full chapter