Broken Window Part One

I'm Sorry

Crash!

 

“Give it back, Oh Sehun!”

 

"No! I want it!”

 

Kai tried to snatch the soccer ball from Sehun’s grasp, but Sehun avoided him, jumping onto the couch. “It’s mine! Suho Hyung gave it to me!"

 

Beside Sehun on the couch, Tao pouted. “Kris Hyung gave it to me before you stole it, you liar,” he muttered. “Ow!” Tao scowled when Sehun kicked him.

 

Kai, seeing that Sehun was distracted, lunged, knocking him down. Both boys wrestled for the soccer ball when Kai's foot caught something.

 

Crash!

 

The three froze. Kai, feeling a sense of dread, turned around slowly.

 

Oh no.

 

Oh no. They were dead. Kris's most favorited and most precious golden cat figurine was in shattered pieces.

 

"Now look what you did!" Sehun scowled, shoving Kai and making him fall. "Because of you and your clumsy feet, the hyungs are going to kill us!"

 

"Hey!" Kai scowled. "It's not just my fault! You're the one who pushed me!"

 

Huffing, Sehun turned to Tao and said, "Well, hurry up and clean it! We can't let Kris Hyung see this."

 

Tao pouted. "Why do I have to clean it?" he complained as he went to get the garbage can and the broom.

 

"Because I said so," Sehun growled, glaring.

 

In anger, Tao kicked the soccer ball. And then something unbelievable happened. The balcony window shattered.

 

The three stood frozen in shock before Kai whimpered, "We're so lucky that the hyungs aren't home right now."

 

"They'll come home soon!" Sehun panicked. "Yah, you've made this even harder!" He glared at Tao, shoving the broom at him. "Go brush it away, quick!"

 

"I'll call Manager Hyung and tell him what happened. Sehun-ah, call and get some new balcony doors after measuring them."

 

Sehun rushed off, muttering, "I don't understand how this happened."

 

Kai called their Manager Hyung quickly explained what had happened, and made him promise that he would stall time with the Hyungs.

 

They cleared away the glass and paced around restlessly. Then, Kai's phone rang. Uh oh.

 

He bit his lip and whispered to Tao, "What do I do?"

 

Tao glanced at him. "Who is it?"

 

Kai looked at the screen, then gulped. "Suho Hyung."

 

"Pick it up, most definitely," Tao said, eyes wide.

 

Kai was about to press the accept button when the phone turned off. He froze.

 

Tao jumped up beside him, eyes wide in panic. "Call him back, quickly!"

 

Kai quickly called Suho, who picked up within the first ring.

 

"Kim Jongin," Suho growled.

 

Kai gulped. "H-Hyung," he stammered nervously. "H-hi."

 

"Why didn't you pick up?"

 

Kai looked at Tao, eyes wide and Tao pointed the the washroom helpfully. "I was in the washroom, Hyung. Sorry." Kai replied as casually as he could.

 

The washroom.”

 

“Uh, yeah. Is something wrong, Hyung?” Kai asked, wetting his dried lips nervously.

 

Suho was silent for a moment before he said, “What are the three of you doing?”

 

“Not much,” Kai said quickly. “Oh, Tao wants to talk to you.”

 

He passed the phone to Tao, who glared at him and Kai whispered, “You’re better at lying and making stuff up than me!”

 

Grumbling, Tao picked the phone up and said, “Hello?”

 

Unfortunately at that time, Sehun came in, triumphantly and very loudly announcing, “They’re coming in ten minutes with-”

 

Snarling, Kai smacked his hand over Sehun’s mouth, glaring.

 

“What was Sehun yelling about, Tao?” Suho asked suspiciously, and Tao gulped.

 

“I don’t know, Hyung,” he said as casually as he could. “Maybe he was talking about a game or something.”

 

“Uh huh, maybe he was.” Suho sounded doubtful and Tao quickly changed the subject.

 

“Erm … when are you returning?”

 

“In about twenty minutes.”

 

“Oh. You’re not gonna eat at a restaurant or something?” Tao asked awkwardly.

 

“Why? Are you trying to hide something, Tao? And besides, Kyungsoo made food, didn’t he?”

 

“Oh, yeah, I forgot,” Tao said. He mouthed to Kai, ‘Twenty minutes’ and Kai and Sehun both looked at each other in panic.

 

Ding-dong!

 

The doorbell rang - probably the new balcony doors, and Tao said into the phone, “Sorry, Hyung, someone’s here. Maybe it’s the mailman.”

 

“But Tao, it’s Sunday. The mailman doesn’t work on Sundays.”

 

“Oh, then maybe it’s the neighbours,” Tao corrected himself quickly. “Anyway, I gotta go, Hyung. Sorry!”

 

“Tao-”

 

“We’ll watch a movie or something until you come back. Bye Hyung!” Tao ended the call and joined Sehun and Kai in helping the new balcony window move in.

 

The workers began to fix the window and began drilling, and Kai bit his lip. “How long until you finish?” he asked uneasily, glancing at the clock. He had to hope that their Manager Hyung would manage to stall time with the Hyungs.

 

“Twenty minutes, thirty if the fitting takes longer than usual.”

 

Kai groaned. They were dead. He plopped down on the couch and realized that they had forgotten the matter about Kris’s broken cat figurine. Oh dear. He cleaned up the golden shards and threw it into the garbage.

 

“What we do?” Sehun asked worriedly, watching Kai.

 

“We have to hope that Kris Hyung doesn’t notice.”

 

Tao plopped down on the couch beside him, and at the same time the door opened and the Hyungs streamed in.

 

Oh no.

 

Kai froze, Sehun gulped and Tao shrunk back. Kai watched as Suho’s eyes flickered over to the balcony windows - or rather the people drilling in the new window.

 

Kai felt goosebumps at Suho’s glare.

 

They were most definitely dead.

 

Suho spoke quietly and in a deadly tone. “What is going on?”

 

**********

 

Author’s Note: Sorry! I’ll update the next chapter soon, I’m sorry if this one was boring. I promise that the next will be much better, since it actually is about Kai, Tao and Sehun getting their backsides warmed by their Hyungs >.< Please comment, they seem to make me update faster and cheer me up. Thank you!