GOODBYE Forever

GOODBYE Forever

          It was already midnight and I was still awake.  I tried to sleep but every time I closed my eyes, I heard something. It was like some animals were scratching the roof.

 

I was very scared.

 

 Suddenly, my neighbour's dog barked.

 

"What's going on?"

 

I got up from my bed and opened the window to look outside. Everything was very quiet and calm.

 

I saw the moon. It was a full moon. The moonlight shone so bright and it was very mesmerizing. So beautiful.

I decided to go outside and watch the scenery of the night until tomorrow morning since it was hard for me to sleep. Eventhough I had to go to school tomorrow morning.

 

    

        I opened the back door and went outside quietly. My parents were sleeping. I didn't want to wake them up.

 

    After a while ,I felt sleepy again. The wind blew suddenly. I could see lightning from the dark clouds.  I thought it was going to rain.

 

    I wanted to enter the house when suddenly I saw a hairy and huge figure under a big tree behind my house.

 

"What is that?" I was so terrified that I couldn't even move. I didn't know what to do. I looked at that beast again.

 

It was a wolf. A very big wolf with sharp teeth and claws!!

 

It was staring at the fullmoon and, howled.

 Its eyes were red and shiny.

 

 

 

I was so afraid that it will see me.  

 

    When I wanted to opened the door, it was locked. I'd forgot that the door only could be opened from inside.

 

"What should I do?"

 

  I tried to enter through the window but it was too high. My heart beat faster. I jumped a few times to reach the high window.

 

Unfortunately, I was too loud. The noise that I'd made was heard by that beast. It saw me.

 

The red eyes were shining.  They were looking sharply at me. The wolf came nearer until I could see its face. It was very ugly and looked hungry. I shouted loudly and cried. I called my mom and dad but they didn't hear my voice.

 

  All of sudden, it grabbed my hand roughly and I fell onto the ground. It was very hurt. My hand was bleeding. I cried in pain.

 

 

  

It suddenly lifted my body and put me on its hairy back. I closed my eyes tightly at that time.

 

"Let me go!  Let me go!" I shouted.

 

  I punched its back and pulled its fur to make it let me go but it just made thing worse. Furiously, it howled. Maybe ,it was in pain. Unfortunately, it ran away from my house with me still on its back. It ran very fast. I did not know where was it going. My hand was very hurt. I did not open my eyes until it suddenly stopped.

 

"Huh, where am I?"

 

   It was very dark and I could not see anything except a lot of trees. The wolf pushed me away from its back. It was very strong. My body flew right onto something hard.  I thought it was a tree.

  

Then, it howled again and I could see its sharp teeth. It starred at me fiercely and I knew that it was going to eat me.

 

  I couldn't move anymore. My hands and legs were so hurt. The wolf looked hungry so I would let it eat me and die here.

 

  I cried out loud knowing that my life would end like this. Then, I closed my eyes when I saw the wolf moved closer to me.

 

     I was ready to be eaten.

 

                                                           ***

 

          Nothing happened.

        Then, I heard a screaming.  When I opened my eyes, I saw the wolf was lying on the ground. It was growling in pain.

 

   The sun had rose and the wolf looked suffer.

 

  Suddenly, weird thing happened. The wolf slowly changed its form into a human. I was shocked. My mouth agape. I could not believe what I had seen just now.

 

   The human body was not moving so, I thought it was died. I came closer. It was a guy. He wasn't die, he was just unconscious. I didn't know what to do since my hand and leg were injured and also, I was too tired after what had happened last night. I didn't know this place anyway.

 

I decided to stay close to that guy and waited until he was awake.  

 

I was scared with this guy too, but I really didn't know where to go. This place was very strange.

 

    I looked around. There was nothing to be eaten here and I was really hungry. I stared at that guy. He looked like a normal human but I wondered what had happened to him last night. Was he a monster?

 

I hoped he was not.

 

 

    Suddenly, he opened his eyes. I was surprised and moved backwards. I was afraid that he will attack me just like before.

 

    He looked very weak. I thought maybe he didn't remember anything about last night because his face looked so innocent.

 

 "Who are you?" I asked him carefully.

 

    He looked at me and said," What happened? "

 

"You don't remember anything?"

 

  He shook his head slowly. "No, I don’t," he said.

     

       So, I told him that there was a big wolf which came to my house last night and brought me here and the wolf was him. I wanted to scold him for what he did to me but I couldn't. He just kept quiet.

 

   Then, I saw tears flowing from his eyes. He cried.

What have I done? I really didn't mean to make him cry.

 

"No, no! Please don't cry," I tried to stop him but when I saw him sobbing like that, I felt really sad. Then, I cried together with him.

 

After a while, we both stopped crying. We stared each other. I didn't know what to say so, I chuckled .I didn't know what was wrong with me. I felt quite nervous and my heart was pounding very fast.

 

    "I'm sorry, "he blurted.

 

 

 

 

     "I'm not a human. I'm a...werewolf,"

 

 

       “I’m really sorry for what had I done to you. I didn’t know why I became so uncontrolled last night.... but..... I never be like that before.”

 He looked very sad. 

 “What’s your name?” I asked him.

I tried to act calm in fronf of him.

“My name is Kai,” he said.

   “Hmmm, I’m Go Mi Ja."

"Would you like to be my friend??”

His eyes widened. He might be shocked.

 “What? But I’m not a human, I’m a werewolf. Don’t you feel afraid of me? Even I don’t know when I will change my form. I’ll turn into a wolf anytime and everytime I see a full moon. I’m afraid that I’ll become uncontrolled again and kill you!!”

 “I’m not afraid of you.” I grinned.

Actually, I was lying him.  I did not know what to do. He looked lonely and I was trying to make him happy. I also wanted to go home and I hoped by becoming his friend, he will send me home. I smiled at him.  

         Then, he stood up and I noticed that he was taller than I expected.I thought it was not wrong if I touch him since he was not a human so I grabbed his hand and we shaked hands. He smiled happily and my heart was pounding again seeing his smile. Then, he cried again. “Oh no! Why do you cry??”I asked him.

 “I’m very happy. I never have a friend like you before.” I laughed at him. He looked strong and cool but easily cried when he was sad or happy.

 “Alright Kai, what should we do now? Can you tell me where are we now? And please tell me how I am going to return home?”

I hoped, he will send me to my house and then I’ll leave him alone here.

      “Ha,ha! It’s a great idea,”I talked silently.

“Actually I’ve forgot the way to your house. I did not remember anything last night,” he said while touching his head.

 “What?!!” I shouted. I couldn't believe it.

 It meant, I must live here with him forever.Of course I didn't want. I wanted to see my mom, my dad and my friends. “No!!!!” I shouted loudly. “ Don’t worry, I live here and I will take care of you,” he said.

          He held my hand and ran fastly. I just followed him until we reached the middle of the forest.There was a small hut under a big tree. The hut was very small, but it was neat and clean. “I live here alone,”he said.

 “I’ll build another hut for you and we’ll live here together!!” he said excitedly.

Without realising, my lips curved a smile.

“Alright!” I said then I laughed .Kai is so funny and he was also very cute. I did not remember about going home anymore. I was so happy here and this place was very beautiful.

 “Come on! I want to show you something,” he left me and ran away.

 “Kai, wait for me!” I chased him. He ran very fast. I was so tired. I fell onto the ground. Hastily, I stood up again before he saw me. Then I saw something that impressed me. There was a river at this place. “Hey, come here!!”Kai waved his hands. I ran towards him happily. He jumped into the water then I followed him.

       After tired playing in the cold water ,we sat together on a big stone.

        “Kai, can I ask you something?” He looked at me and smiled.

 “Why did you live here alone? I meant, where is your family......or friends?” I asked him.

        His face changed suddenly.

     “Actually, I came from a world named Exo.I did not know who are my parents but I have five brothers. My eldest brother named Xiu Min and he is the one who always take a good care of me .My second brother is Suho. He is the most handsome among us.” He paused for a while and chuckled.

             “The third one is Lay. He is very strong. The another one is Kris. And I have a little brother named Sehun. We lived happily together but one day..... everything had changed. I did something that made my brother, Xiu Min died. I stole bananas from a farm in human world. I was caught  and the people were going to kill me. My brother came to save me but unfortunately, he was killed. I felt guilty so I left my brothers and went to human world. That's why, I lived here alone,” he ended his story.

For me, it was a very sad story. I looked at his face.

 “You must be lonely here, right?” I asked him.

“Don’t worry, I promise that I’ll never leave you,” I said. I held his hand and entwined our little fingers together and made a promise.

We promised to be together.......forever.

                Since that day, we lived happily together. Kai never changed into the wolf anymore and he looked very happy and cheerful. I was glad to see him like that.

        Day by day, I could feel that I had a feeling towards him. I had fallen in love with him. But how about his feeling towards me? Did he love me? I was afraid to asked him so I  just kept quiet.

      One day, I found something in my pocket. It was my picture with my best friend, Sung Jae.I missed him a lot. I also missed my parents. I wanted to see them.When I met Kai, I told him that I missed my family and friends. Then, I showed him the picture. His face changed suddenly. He just kept quiet and then he asked me, “Do you really want to go home?”

 I nodded. He looked at me sadly.

“I want to tell you something,”

       “What is it?”

“Never mind,” he just said that then, he went away. I wondered what was wrong with him. He looked weird.

 

 

           That night, he sat under a tree alone.

“Are you alright?” I asked him. Suddenly, I saw his face changed. HIs eyes turned into red and he started growling.

 

    He had turned into a werewolf. I did not know why did he become like that. Everything seemed alright before. He came towards me. I was very scared. I did not know what to do. I thought he was going to kill me. I was afraid to look at his face.

 “Kai, it’s me!! Don’t you remember me?” I shouted.

 He raised up his hand and wanted to scratch me .I hoped somebody will come and save me .Kai had became uncontrolled and he also did not remember about me.

     All of sudden, four men came towards us. I did not notice when did they come and where did they come from.

       

       “Stop it,Kai !!” one of them shouted. Kai turned back and when he saw them, he suddenly stopped. Kai looked startled. The men came nearer and Kai stared at them fearfully.

        After that, he turned into human back. I was confused. What was happening? Who were the guy?

   

            “I’m sorry.We need to bring him back,” one of them was talking to me .I did not understand what he said. “We are his brothers and we come here to bring Kai back to his world.”  

        “No! I don’t want!! I want to live here,” Kai said to his brothers. 

   "Kai, please  don't be like that."

He came towards me and held my hand.

    “I already have this girl. She's my friend. I want to live here with her. Moreover, I’d made a mistake before and I don’t want to repeat it again.”  

     “But you’re not belong here! You must comeback or you will die if you stay here too long!” one of his brothers said. I was shocked to hear that. I did not know that Kai will die if he stay in human world for a long time. What should I do? I did not want to see him die. I loved him very much.

One of his brothers grabbed his hand and he looked very strong. From his appearance, I knew that he was Lay.

“Let’s go home,” he said.

“I don’t w...” before Kai could finish his words ,he was slapped. He went silent. I could see his cheek was flushing in red.

    “Suho ! Why did you slap him?” Lay whispered to that guy with a loud voice. So, that was Suho. Kai was right. He was the most handsome among them.

          “Are you stupid? You want to live with this girl? Don’t you have brain? Are you realise or not? We are not human. We are werewolf !! If you change suddenly, you will attack this girl and kill her!!” Suho said to Kai.

After hearing that, Kai start to cry. His knee fell onto the ground.

 

      “Yes ,I am a wolf. Wolf and human can't be together,” he said.

       

    “I’m sorry. I’m going back to my world.”

“But we had promised to be together forever right? Why do you want to leave me?” I asked him, still didn’t understand the situation. I knelt in front of him, starting to cry.

 Kai held my hand and looked at my face deeply. “I don’t want to leave you but I’m afraid that I’ll turn into the wolf and kill you. Just like.... what I'd done just now."

“You know that he will die if he stay here too long,” Suho spoke suddenly.

Then, I realised. I couldn't let him die here. Kai must leave this world so that he will be save. It was hard for me to say this thing but I must say it. I looked at Kai, who was waiting for my answer.

         “Kai, you must go. Just leave me here. But promise me….that you will not forget me. I ‘ll always be your friend forever,” I said to him. His eyes started to water. He nodded and took a deep breath.

   “Before I go, I want to tell you something,” he said. I looked at his face.

   “I love you... Gomi "

"I like spending my time with you. I’d fallen in love with you since we first met. You are very special for me. You had changed my life,” he said with tears flowing from his eyes. I was very happy hearing that. I wiped the tears from his cheek and said, “I love you too. I love you very much. I’m so glad that my friend….loves me too.”

       I gave him a hug and he hugged me back tightly. I was unable to say anything. 

        “We must go now,” Suho said to Kai. It was very hard for me to let him go. I held his hand tightly. Then, he put something in my hand.

     It was his ring. “Please keep this for me,” he said. Then he let off his hand and went towards his brother. I looked at the ring and there was something written on it. It was ‘EXO’. I smiled. I promised to keep the ring.

Kai smiled at me and it was his last smile.

         After that, he was gone with his brothers, Suho, Lay, Kris and Sehun. I was left alone.

I fell onto the ground, crying. I covered my face using my hands. I cried so hard at that time. The moment that I spent with him, the memory suddenly flashed in my head. I started to miss him.

I felt so lonely.... again.

        

 

     Suddenly, somebody touched my shoulder. He was Suho, Kai’s brother.

“Kai asked me to bring you home safely,” he said then he held my hand. I was speechless.                

  “Close your eyes,” he told me. I just did what he told me. I closed my eyes then he took me somewhere and when I opened my eyes ,I was standing in front of my house.

       I was very surprised. I couldn’t believe that I had returned to my house .I missed my parents very much. I thought I had left this house for a very long time. My parents must be worried about me.

 “I must go now,” Suho said.

 “Wait!!”

 “Can you tell Kai that I love him very much……. and please ,take care of him,” I told him. He just smiled and then he went away .

“Thank you”

I entered the house and when I reached my room I saw my mother was knocking the door.

 “Mom!!” I shouted.

I was happy to see her and ready for a hug. She was shocked but suddenly she scolded me, “What are you doing? Look at the time now! You are going to be late for school. Sung Jae is waiting for you at the downstairs!”

“What??”

I looked at the clock and it was already seven o’clock. I was confused.

“What had happened?” I asked myself.

It was very weird. “Am I crazy?” I looked at my hand and Kai’s ring was on my finger. It meant, I was not dreaming. That was right, they had power so, maybe Suho had brought me back to the day when I first met Kai. 

I closed my eyes and smiled.

So, I didn’t have to worry about how to explain everything to my parents. They should not know about it.

   

           Now, everything has back to normal but, I never forget about Kai. Everytime I see the moon, I’ll think  about him. I miss him very much but I will never meet him anymore. I hope he will be happy with his family in Exo world.

Goodbye Kai, goodbye forever.