god save us

burn inside the fires of a thousand suns

 

“AHH!”

 

The brunet man jolted out of his slumber. Beads of sweat drenched his entire body.  He breathed heavily at the nightmare that just occurred. Much to his discomfort, he couldn’t go back to sleep. Closing his eyes would just send him back to another dark dimension he didn’t want to go back to. Living in his pack’s old dark and empty house didn’t help with it either.

 

 

He couldn’t be here. The house caused too much pain and brought back too many painful memories. It shouldn’t though; he isn’t supposed to be afraid of such things. Kim Jongin is supposed to be fearless.

 

~~~

 

As he walked through the forest, the full moon followed him, reminding him of the monster he is. The moon glared at him and Jongin glared back and turned away from it. He stopped in front of a large home and used his superior strength to climb up the balcony. Jongin tapped on the familiar window, knowing she would be awake. Her face soon appeared behind the draped curtains, looking rather confused but smiled once she caught sight of him. Somehow, she knew how to take all the pain away and make all better. Jung Hana is the best damn thing to happen to Jongin.

 

“Hey,” Hana greeted him softly, letting him into her room. Jongin stepped inside and immediately made himself at home on her bed. Hana trailed behind him.  As she stood in front of him, Jongin took in her appearance, she wore an over-sized T-shirt and baggy sweatpants, her orange hair was in a frizz like a wild lion, and she looked beautiful.

 

“You okay Kai? You don’t look so good.” Hana’s face scrunched up and stared at the lone wolf in worry. Hell he was worried about himself too. Jongin didn’t want to discuss it, so he shook his head and laid down, pulling Hana along with him.

 

“I missed you and I’m tired.” Jongin yawned loudly. Hana smiled and nodded before curling up to him. Sleep over took them both.

 

~~~

 

The smell of sickening sweet bacon and loud laughter woke Jongin up. He opened his eyes and realized Hana’s spot on the bed was empty. He was confused but a sweet scent calling him.

 

As Jongin entered the kitchen, he suddenly froze in the doorway. Hana’s pack was there and they were stuffing their faces with food that consisted of bacon, sausage, eggs, toast, and pancakes. Hana was at the stove cooking even more pancakes as if there wasn’t already enough.

 

 

“Hey sleeping ugly is finally awake!” Daehyun, Hana’s pack brother shouted in a teasing manner and the others joined in laughter. Jongin greeted them with a nod and walked over to Hana.

 

“Morning,” Hana smiled and pecked his cheek. “Sleep well?”

 

“Yeah,” Jongin responded and wrapped his arms around Hana’s waist and nuzzled into her neck. “Great because I actually planned something for us this evening…”

 

Jongin doesn’t know how Hana does it but when he’s with her, everything goes away. It’s just them two and it couldn’t be more perfect.