Hospital

12:51

 

 

Chanyeol woke up at 1 in the afternoon. He heard in the bathroom the water is hitting the floor. He thought that Kyungsoo is just taking a shower. 

 

Minutes later. 

 

Baekhyun arrived at their dorm immediately knocked the door and ringed their intercom. 

 

Chanyeol is annoyed with sudden banging in the door and goes directly to the front door.

 

“Yah!! Are you okay now? Do you still have fever?” He said to Chanyeol.

 

“Im okay now. Why are such in a hurry?” Chanyeol looked perplexed by his best friend’s attitude.

 

“Where’s Kyungsoo?! Where is he?” He said slightly panicking at the same time he entered their dorm.

 

“He’s at the bathroom. W-why are you panicking?”

 

He didn’t answer his question quickly went to the bathroom.

 

“Kyungsoo-ah Open the door!!!” He said while pounding the door so hard.

 

“Why what’s happening?” Chanyeol is still puzzled by his actions

 

“He called me earlier and when I response to him he’s not answering anymore. Can you fidget the lock? Faster"

 

Chanyeol started to panic now. He’s fidgeting the lock but he can’t open it and decided to kick it near the knob. After so many kick at the door, it finally being opened.

 

 

 

And there, they saw Kyungsoo lying in the floor unconscious, pale skin, cold and a lots blood around him also a razor blade besides his fingers.. 

 

Baekhyun immediately called the ambulance at the same time Chanyeol is carrying him outside the bathroom and placed towel around to dry him and put a hanky in the cuts. And he puts a lot of covers to Kyungsoo so that he can feel a few heat.

 

 

After little while. The ambulance came.

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Outside of Operating Room. Chanyeol is pacing back and forth, He’s uneasy of what just happened. He wished that nothing major happened to him. 

 

Meanwhile Baekhyun is sitting down he didn’t knew what happened to Kyungsoo. 

 

“What happened to Kyungsoo? Why did he trapped himself in the bathroom and trying to kill himself?” Baekhyun ask

 

“He’s broken last night” He said while he walked up and down.

 

“What do you mean broken?” He said and looked at Chanyeol perplexed.

 

“Jongin broke up with him and find someone else who is better than him” He said as Baek sees his eyes there are tear that are threatening to fall.

 

“What? He's going to be dead if I see him! How can he break his heart like that?!” He feels really angry, at the same time Jealous because Chanyeol will always be there for him.

 

 

 

 

Suddenly the nurses rushing towards thru the OR (Operating Room)

 

Chanyeol heard one of the nurses that, Patient Do Kyungsoo lost too much blood and needed more blood. He bit his lips as he heard that. He rushed towards to the nurses and Baek followed him.

 

“I-I can donate blood for him” He said

 

“What?!” Baekhyun squeaked and looked at him in shock.

 

“I will donate a blood to him.” He said, he looked at Baek and to the nurse “He needs more blood am I right?”

 

“Yes he needs more blood. But we can’t assure that we can transfer your blood to him” The nurse said

 

“What do you mean?” Baekhyun and Chanyeol said in chorus

 

“His blood is O- this kind of blood type very rare here in South Korea. He can only receive blood that are same as him.” The other nurse said.

 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun is shocked momentarily, Chanyeol can’t take it anymore.

 

 

“Can you please make a way to have a blood donor as him. I'm begging you. Please!!”  He pleaded to the nurse and knelt down in front of them.

 

“Sir please stand up. We will do everything for him don’t lose hope. Sir can you please stand up now.” The nurse said and aided him and sat him the chairs in the hallway. The nurse started to find some sources of Blood type O- in their hospital.

 

“Channie… He’s going to survive. He’s strong, he can surpass this” Baekhyun said 

 

Chanyeol feels his eyes gets blurry and covered his face as of the reason is he can’t break down right now. Baek hugged him tightly and patted his back to comfort him.

 

“I wished I knew that something wrong is happening before he had done that.”

 

“Don’t blame yourself. Its not your fault okay. We don’t want this to happen”

 

“This is all Jongin’s fault. If he just not broke Kyungsoo’s heart. This will not happen.” Baekhyun.

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Its been 4 hours since they arrived at the hospital and yet they still waiting the doctor to come out from the OR.

 

“Channie you should go home first. You just got back from your headache, I’m also worried about your health. I will look after Kyungie.” He looked at Baekhyun with eyes full of fear and worries.

 

“I can’t” He just answered “I won't go home until I know his condition”

 

“What i-“ Chanyeol cut him off.

 

“No! I will not go home. I know you cared about me but, our friend need us”

 

Baekhyun sighed loudly. “Just tell me if something’s wrong okay?”

 

“Yes.” Chanyeol smiled, but Baekhyun knew that he want to assured him that he’s perfectly fine.

 

 

 

Hours later

 

 

 

The doctor and nurses came out from the OR.

 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol rushed towards the doctor.

 

“Are you the parents of the patient?”

 

“No. We’re his friends.” Baekhyun said awkwardly. 

 

“What happened to Kyungsoo?” Chanyeol said.

 

“Well. He’s okay for now but still unconscious.” The doctor said

 

“He will live? He will be awake right?” Chanyeol asked him frantically.

 

“We still not know when he will be awaken, maybe after 2 or 3 days. We will transfer him to the ICU”

 

“We can visit him there?” Baekhyun worriedly asked

 

“Yes. Since you’re really worried about him. I will try to convince the nurse to get you some comfortable chairs so you can stay with him” The doctor stated "I'll take my leave now." The doctor said and bowed to them.

 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol saw Kyungsoo being transferred to the ICU. Chanyeol can’t hold back his tears. His tears are streaming like waterfalls at the sight he witness. They entered his room and sat at the chair beside his bed.

 

 

 

Kyungsoo lying unconsciously in the bed with a heart alarm monitor near him and a Nasal Cannula (Breathing tube in nose) with 2 bags of dextrose and 1 bag of blood and also his forearm covered with bandage with some blood stains.

 

Baekhyun can’t help himself to witness their friend at this state. He aided Chanyeol urgently, He knows what he feels when he saw Kyungsoo like that.

 

The nurses came and brought an extra chair for them.

 

Chanyeol kept his head down and held Kyungsoo’s hand at the same time Baekhyun placed his hands behind Chanyeol’s back and massaged his back in a circular motion.

 

“Kyungsoo-yah. I know you can hear me… Please wake up now.. I don’t want to…” He sniffled. 

 

“I’m sorry. I know I should not break down right now but, I can’t help it.” He tried not to break down. Baekhyun can see tears streaming at Chanyeol’s cheeks. He really tried.

 

Chanyeol doesn’t want to let go his hands from him. At the other side, Baekhyun is trying not to break down, same as Chanyeol.

 

 

 

As soon as Baekhyun calmed down. He still rubbed the back of Chanyeol to soothe his nerves.

 

“You want to get some food in the cafeteria first?” He worriedly asked Chanyeol. They haven’t eat for hours.

 

He shook his head “I don’t want to.” Baekhyun sighed. He can feel that something is wrong with him throughout the day.

 

“I’ll buy you some then. What do you want to eat?” He asked.

 

“Anything you want” He said deadpanned.

 

“Okay. Just stay here and called the nurse immediately if something goes wrong” He said worriedly.

 

Baekhyun got out of the room and searched the cafeteria around the Hospital. 

 

 

 

 

For the time being, Chanyeol is still there seated and held Kyungsoo's hand and his eyes are locked on him.

 

“You know…” Chanyeol started.

 

 

 

“We’ve been friends for many months now. We've shared so many memories together.” He said while he leaned to Kyungsoo’s bed.

 

 

 

“I’m really glad that your my best friend. I didn’t regret anything we’ve made” He placed his free hand in Kyungsoo's forehead and his hair that are blocking his eyes. Chanyeol looked at him tenderly and full of love.

 

 

 

“And I k-know your hearts still hurts…” He choked a bit. He wished that he will break down this time. 

 

 

 

“And also my heart hurts too..“ A tear escaped his eyes, He didn’t bother to wiped it.

 

 

 

“I always hanged out with you… but" 

 

 

 

"I always felt different when I’m with you.” Chanyeol looked at Kyungsoo’s with his eyes full of fear and affection.

 

 

 

“I know this is unrequited love… You really loved Jongin whole heartedly, that you didn’t left for yourself… ” He closes his eyes and pressed his lips in Kyungsoo’s forehead.

 

 

“I hope you can move on from this…”

 

 

“I-I’m… here for you. I will stay by your side. I will take care of you until your fully recovered.”

 

“So please wake up now” He wished that he will be awake, both of his hands held onto Kyungsoo. “Please” He bit his lips and let the tears fall again. 

 

At the same moment, Baekhyun entered the room and urgently went directly to Chanyeol.

 

“Yah. What happened?” He asked worriedly and kneeled infront of Chanyeol.

 

Chanyeol just kept his head down. He just wants Kyungsoo to wake up now.

 

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

A/N: I'm sorry for updating after a month, maybe more than a month. I was experiencing writer's block and I’m really sorry for what is happening to Kyungie right now. And I can feel Channie’s sincerity in his sudden confession. He want to replace Jongin in Kyungsoo’s heart… I hope Kyungsoo heard him.

 

I might not update this for the time being.