Chapter 2

Yearbooks Can Lie
"Min Ah!" Yoobin said pulling her cousin along to the tables. "Time to get you registered. There's my friend Sica. Her name is Jessica but we call her Sica." She said pointing to a girl with long blond hair that was pinned up.

Yoobin dragged 'Min' as in Taemin up to the girl with a lip glossed smile as bright as her hair. Yoobin practically man handled him into his transformation. His curly hair was straightened to look longer, her wore false lashes. He was even forced into the torture of waxing and plucking his eyebrows! The biggest torture were the heels... Oh the heels... Taemin swore by his first born child that he would never trivialize female beautification ever again. He still pondered over how Yoobin was able to falsify his school records and Social Security ID. Indeed, Seoul Academy for Girls was one of the best high schools in the country and the way the buildings stood proud and white glittering in the sun was indication. 1300 students, 3 floors each with 50 large rooms. No metal detectors, no profanity scrawled on the walls or lockers. The only thing lacking in what seemed to be perfection were the girls' bathrooms in which some girls fail to throw their... unmentionables away. Taemin and Yoobin were now in front of an older student seemingly Yoobin's age who worked with the staff in producing student schedules and dorm room assignment.

"Hey Binnie is this your cousin you were telling me about? Hi Minah! I'm Jung Jessica I hope we can have good year." She said and took out a paper. "Fill this out then go pick out a dorm room. I'll make sure you get it."

"Actually, it's... Minyu." Taemin said in a soft voice. He was still getting used to his new name and the fact that Yoobin was now his "cousin".

"Oh Sorry Minyu! What classes would you like to take?"

Taemin opened his mouth to speak, but Yoobin beat him to it. "Chemistry, Foreign Language English 2, Algebra 1, Banking and Credit, Honors Literature, Honors Chorus." The school only had 6 classes a day as opposed to his old school's 8. When given the option to narrow his original schedule down, he got rid of Introduction to Technology, and Computer Science without batting a false lash.

"Same classes... Yoobin your keeping your cousin on a tight leash. Don't forget to tell her about the famous 4." Jessica said handing her the keys to there dorm.

The duo made their way to their dorm. "You're still in Algebra 1? You're a senior!" he whispered to be discrete.

"Heh." She said opening the door and pulling her luggage of clothing in.

Taemin pulled his bags in as well and shut the door. The room looked like any other generic hotel double bedder. All white walls, curtains in less than fashionable patterns and colors: paisley in varying shades of green, and matching comforters. There was no point in complaining since neither one of them had room to pack their bedding, and they could always buy new ones when they were allowed to leave school property. The school was not going to change the style of the rooms for one room because then, the school would have to cater to every student's whims. Allowing them to bring or buy their own things for what would be their living quarters for the next 9 months or 3 years was more than enough generosity.

"Really Bin? You're still taking that class?" he laughed as he threw himself on the nearest bed, not bothering to close his legs despite the short skirt she forced on him.

"Yeah I am."

He shook his head still giggling to himself.

She rolled her eyes.

"What was Jessica noona talking about earlier? Something about 'famous 4'?"

"The only four boys who go here."

"What? You mean I could have went here as a boy and you didn't tell me!?" He bolted up.

"Nope. You couldn't. Their dad's own this school. They only go here because of their dads."

"Oh." he said leaning back.

"Key, Onew, Jonghyun and Minho." she said counting off on one hand. "Kim 'Key' Kibum; he's the richest kid in this school. A lot of girls want him, but if they value their health, they better not even breathe the same air he breathes because his girlfriend Sun Mi. Mi is not someone you piss off. Lee Jinki is Onew. He's a total class clown, also absentminded. Don't go to him for homework help. He's not too bright. Kim Jonghyun... He has probably been in more girls than Hugh Hefner and his playboy bunnies... Minho is pretty quiet. He keeps to himself so some of the girls think he's gay. Super smart too. He's the one to go to for homework help. But of course, you won't be going to him. Any one of them find out you're a guy, and we're screwed."

"So your like my only friend?"

"Sad, but alas, it's true. Some of the girls here are lesbians, so it's risky." Yoobin said hesitantly, wondering how he'd take this information. "Sorry...? " she winced. "You, me, and Sica are gonna be like the 3 Musketeers."

"Do I get a sword?" He asked leaning on one hand.

"What? You're not carrying one already? " She lifted an eyebrow and pinpointed her gaze between his legs.

"Very funny. I know your mad I won't use it on you." Taemin said smirking.

Yoobin pouted dramatically, even quivering her bottom lip. "You mean you're cheating on me already? You haven't even started here yet!"

"I'm in hot demand right now." he said.

"Hot demand my ..." Yoobin scoffed.

"Lie to yourself. I don't mind." he said grinning.

"It must be wonderful in the little fantasy world you live in full of cute little kittens, bunnies, unicorns, and rainbows." she said shaking her head.

"Yep. We talk about how jealous you are."

"Jealous? As in me? " she pointed to herself in feigned shock. "Yeah right. If I wanted to, I'd do you and twist you up like a pretzel and you would so like it." she said rolling her eyes to the ceiling. "Too bad I don't go for she- males." She shrugged.

"It doesn't sting like you want it to."

She playfully flipped the bird at him.

He rolled his eyes.

This was a normal part of their socialization: bantering to outwit each other. To others, it would be perceived as cruel and the average person wouldn't believe it if told that they were best friends. To Taemon and Yoobin, it was all fun and jest, practically a sport.

"Can we go get something to eat noona?"

"Yeah. Don't forget to call me unnie outside though. I know it's habitual."

"Yes unnie."

"...And remember to keep your legs either closed or crossed." Yoobin went over Taemin's female etiquette once more as they walked.

"Yes unnie."

Taemin's answers eventually became automatic as he stopped really paying attention. Hadn't he had this all drilled into his skull before they came to the school? They went to the line where the food was arranged behind plexiglass.

"What do you want to eat?"

"Hmm..." He needed to pick something he could eat without messing up the outfit Yoobin chose for him. Yoobin picked out a lot of things from her own personal wardrobe and Wonderful collection, so he needed to treat her clothes like gold.

"Salad." he said.

She nodded and put a bowl on his tray. "Dressing? " she asked pointing to the tiny plastic cups lined up on top of each other.

"Yeah."

"J- just one though!" he said before she could gab a handful. The one dressing cup was risky enough.

They went back into the cafeteria, that was so white it was blinding, so clean it
felt like a hospital.

"Wanna eat down here, outside or in our dorm?"

"In the dorm." He still needed practice in acting feminine to not give away his true gender.

"Alright." Yoobin said walking back wards and bumped into someone.

"Hey Yoobin." Key said holding his bag over his shoulder. Tall and slender, Key had perfect glowing skin over fine delicate cheek bones, cat like eyes, and a bow for a mouth. Thick bangs slanted at an angle across his temples down to his eyebrows in his natural black and streaks of violet. He was pretty enough to be an actual girl with his vibrant purple skinny jeans and pink tee shirt.

"H-hey..." she stammered, trying unsuccessfully to keep from blushing.

"What's up? The guys been looking for you. Jonghyun wants to see if you met any ladies over the summer so he can get their number. Onew misses having someone to talk to. And Minho, well we're his group of friends so he thinks you should at least call twice a day." Key said smiling.

"8 calls a day to 4 guys can add up you know. And tell Jonghyun: The only girls I met over the summer are the girls who work for Wonderful: Sooyun, and Youngji. I wouldn't give him their numbers even if he paid me. The only way I'd do so is if he revoked his playa card. And I don't see that happening any time soon." she said smiling back.

"That hurts a lot Binnie." Jonghyun said coming up behind them and holding his arms out for a hug. The shortest boy out of the 4, Jonghyun made up for his short height with his big mouth. Not only did he gossip like a girl, but he was also a very smooth talker; able to get the most devout Christian girl to go against her religion and sleep with him. His tan skin was contrasted by his platinum blond hair that became a darker and darker brown as it went down to the nape of his neck. The flashiest dresser, he wore metallic gold skinny jeans, black suspenders, bright yellow sneakers, and a pastel yellow polo.

Yoobin smiled and gave him a hug. "Where's Minho and Onew?"

"Binnie Bin!" Onew ran up to her like a little kid. Ever the one with a smile, Onew's bright eyes were shining as bright as his thick gold chain. He always cracked jokes and laughed at them, despite the fact that his jokes were too weird and flew over everyone's heads. He wore clothing that were more hip hop than his friends: Red sports jacket, despite his lack of sport skills and poor coordination; black baggy jeans that to everyone's relief stayed on his waist; red and white plaid button up short sleeve shirt, and a red and white baseball cap.

Minho walked over and simply nodded. The less vocal one of the group, Minho oozed charisma that made girls flock to him. His face was more manly than the others, and his voice a rich baritone. His velvety brown hair hung in soft natural curls to his shoulders, and he walked with a cool air about his gait. He wore a simple black tee, red leather jacket, and black leather pants that would all look tacky on another, but on him, still looked stylish and chic.

"Who's this?" Key said looking at Taemin who smiled and nodded.

"My cousin Minyu. No, she is not available Jonghyun." she said before he could ask.

Whatever!" Minho said rolling his eyes and hanging onto Onew who just smiled.

"Nice to meet you." he said and bowed. Minho did the same.

Taemin simply nodded silently.

Nice to meet ya. Now I have to go before the witch gets to school." Key said sighing.

"Yeah... And that's our cue to roll. We value our faces and our lives." Yoobin waved goodbye and steered Taemin away.

"Alright see you later guys peace." Key said walking down the hall way his friends behind him.

Yoobin exhaled in relief. "Good job letting me do all the talking. That, and the Queen of Mean coming meant they had to cut things short."

Hey baby boo. Are we sharing a room this year?" Jessica said stopping them in the hall. She just got doen signing the students in.

"You gave us only two beds." Yoobin said pouting a bit guiltily. Jessica had been her room mate since the beginning of their first year.

Jessica's face fell a little. "It's alright. I'll just take the room at the end of the hall."

"Sorry Sica..."

"It's cool. We gotta split at some point. I'll see you in class." she said and walked down the hall.

Yoobin and Taemin made it back to their dorm without further interruptions. Taemin sat down and started to eat.

"So... this Sun Mi..." he said in between bites. "What does she look like? That way I can avoid her..."

She's super cute, has curly frizzy copper hair, small cat like eyes that are brown. She hangs with this chick CL that has on crazy glasses. Like Lady Gaga crazy. CL's easy to spot cause her hair's in a mohawk that's braided to the center and really curly and red, kinda like a rooster."

"Were her parents that cruel to give her such a weird name? C... L...? How does that even look in hanghul?" Taemin asked.

"No. Her real name's Lee Chae Rin she kills anyone that doesn't call her CL."

"... Okay..."

"Usually if CL's not with Mi, then she's with her girlfriend Minzy. Minzy's friends with Jessica so you'll see her quite a bit. You'll never see Mi, CL, and Minzy in the same room if they can help it. Minzy hates Mi. With. A. Passion."

"Wow for what? Are you cool with Minzy?"

"We're pretty cool I guess. We really only talk to each other because we're both friends with Jessica. Other than that, our paths would probably never cross much cause I avoid Mi like the plague. Back when the school was still homophobic in 1st year, Minzy told Sica and me that she was a lesbian. Sica and Minzy used to be cool with Mi and because Minzy doesn't like holding back something she thinks good friends should know about her, she told Mi too. Well Mi, caught Minzy hanging out with Key and the boys and thought nothing of it until she found them hanging out more and more. Being the psycho she is, she made the news public that Minzy wasn't straight and the school ostracized her for it. She actually had to leave school for a year. Then she met CL and CL got her to come back. Only she didn't know CL was friends with Mi."

"Dang!" Taemin said. "Any other reasons you avoid Sun Mi?"

She shook her head incredulously. "Tae... I could write a freaking book on how she is Satan incarnate. The only reason anyone tolerates her is because they are either saints or they're scared of her." She peeked out the door, closed it, and cupped her hand to whisper in his ear. "I heard Key can't even stand her..."

"Then why does he stay with her?"

"I already said the girl is psycho! Why do think he called her a witch earllier? She latched herself onto him. The fact that her appa's a Don like The Godfather is something to keep in mind too. Key has a mix of being saintly, and scared. He's trying to give her the benefit of a doubt and a chance because no one else will, but the bottom line is: she's just plain y!"

"Dang... That's just scary. I hope I don't run into her."

"Hence, the reason we have to keep you invisible. Jessica's a given cause she tries to be friends with everybody; even the cut throats that will leave their mother for dead. But the boys are our biggest hazard cause I'm friends with them, and once you know the boys, you indirectly know the entire school from the who's who to the 'who is so-and-so?' and the staff."

"All for a music program..." He said laying back.

"Can't deny that this school's the ish though. The education's top notch. And you just saw the food. None of that frozen stuff that can be heated in a microwave."

"Yeah. So, Youngji and Sooyun said that they applied for the school and got in. They're going here and were going to surprise them. You can't tell them I told you." Taemin said. "But it's only part time because they need to watch over the shop."

"Right. They better be watching my shop. I'm their paycheck."



Hey its watch your shop or don't get an edution you know there rents didn't allow there older sister to go to school. So be happy because they could just totally move and leave it there."

"... Good point. I can't trust my omma. She'll drink the profits away or give the electric bill check to some douche bag boyfriend." she lay down and rolled onto her stomach.

There was a loud banging on the door. "Police! Open up!"

Taemin's eyes grew like saucers.

Yoobin opened the door. It was Sooyun and Youngji. "Hey unnie." the girls greeted.

"Yunnie! Jiji! I didn't know you applied!" she said feigning surprise and hugging both girls.

"Just the night classes. We'll still work during the afternoon since that's when we get the most traffic." Youngji said.

Sooyun in a white crocheted tank top with filigree and white pleated skirt was very small in stature at only 4'10". In an effort to make people think she was actually her age, she cut her hair into a more boyish style which brought out her dark gray eyes, one of which was hidden by some of her bangs. The white she wore made her tan skin look darker than even Yoobin's.

Youngji had long, curly, red, stringy hair, tan skin with a slight shine, and eyes closer to black than brown. Her chubby cheeks were given the illusion of being slimmer as her hair framed her contours. In contrast to Sooyun's white, Youngji wore a camouflage halter top with black jeans, black jacket, black boots, and large sunglasses.

"You made over 30 sales in two hours today unnie. They're loving the glasses and halter tops." Sooyun said sitting down.

"Minnie, finding it fun on our side of the fence?" Sooyun looked up from the binder.

"Kinda not." He said putting some stuff away.

"Aww... it's not so bad. Well, 'cept the heels... And at least you can wear white whenever you want without worrying." she said getting up to help him.

He smiled and sat down. "Which classes are you taking?"

"College Literature, English Language 3, and Graphic Design."

What about you? Ji" "Fashion Design. I want to make my own line like unnie. Cosmetics and jewelery and things like that. Shoes; earrings, etc. Graphic Design, Creative Writing, and Architecture."

"Oh? You're not trying to beat me at my own game are ya?" she asked jokingly.

"Don't know. Maybe we could do a collaboration and Sooyun could make our graphics."

"Yeah. And Minnie can be our mascot!" Sooyun said grinning.

"...And model." Yoobin said in excitement.

The three girls looked towards him with glints in their eyes.

"No guys!" he whined.

The girls looked to each other and nodded in understanding, rose up at the same time, and stalked towards him like a pride of lionesses cornering their prey.

"Don't tie me down and I'll do it!" He said.

"Where have I heard that one?" Sooyun said shaking her head. She rolled her eyes.

Taemin rolled his eyes. "So Ji lets see some things." he said pulling out her back pack.

"Oops my break is over." she said and got her stuff.

"Darn!" Sooyun checked the time on her mp3 player. "See you guys..." she said in disappointment.

"Ha! I win this round Minyu!" Ji said leaving out, giving Yoobin a hug.

Sooyun hugged Yoobin, waved to Taemin, left as well.

"Those girls." Yoobin mused falling back on her bed.

"Well I can't wait for my first class."

"Yeah. Wanna read some of the textbooks so you won't feel behind?"

"Yeah I'll do that."

Taemin and Yoobin went over the material for their classes throughout the rest of the day, and took a break an hour before sunset.

"Let's go get dinner. We can invite Jessica." Yoobin said. Taemin nodded and agreed. They earned the welcome break.