8

A Match Made in Heaven

Hongbin stares at his wardrobe, standing in front of it, wearing only a towel around his waist. He is absolutely lost, because he has no idea what he should wear for a… date? He considers calling Hakyeon to ask for advice, but he would never want Hakyeon to know that his plan is going well.

“Holy , man! Could you please put something on?”

“I’m on it, okay?” Hongbin grumbles, sending a murderous look to Sanghyuk who is turning his back at him.

Hongbin puts on his underwear and the T-shirt he uses as a pyjama and stands in front of the closet just as indecisively as before.

“Why are you staring at your clothes like that?” Sanghyuk asks, leaning in to inspect the inside of Hongbin’s closet now.

“Because they’re and I have nothing to wear,” Hongbin mumbles gloomily.

“Ah, so you’re going on a date with Jaehwan.”

“Just how the hell did you know?” Hongbin grimaces.

very smug grin spreads on Sanghyuk’s face. He elbows on Hongbin’s shoulder, looking too confident and Hongbin hates how he towers over him.

“Listen, my sister complains enough about how she ‘has nothing to wear’ when she wants to look good for a guy,” he says. “Plus, you’ve never cared about your clothing style before, but ever since Jaehwan has been around, you keep looking all tidy and neat. And you probably bathed in your cologne because the scent is so strong that this is how I imagine wild animals using their smell during the mating season. You’re pretty easy to read.”

Hongbin makes a guttural sound and pushes Sanghyuk away.

“Know-it-all,” he grouches.

“Okay, step aside,” Sanghyuk says and shoves Hongbin to the side to go through his clothes. He soon pulls out a black sweater and a pair of jeans. “Here.”

“Aren’t these too plain?” Hongbin asks, holding the clothes in his hands.

“I’m not exactly sure if you should show up wearing a tuxedo on the first date,” Sanghyuk replies, leaning against the closet. “Let’s save that for later, when he’s already too deep into you.”

“I have no idea when you became this snarky, but you’re getting on my nerves.”

“You’re welcome.” Sanghyuk grins.