Jackson- Drowning Fantasy

GOT7 Love Stories/One Shots

"Reminder"
It's in the 'Reader's" point of view
*________* is where you put YOUR name
There are kissing ;)
and the stories are exaggerated
Enjoy! :)


I'm a swimmer, swimming is what I love the most and what I've been doing for most of my life up to my teenage years at the moment. I've joined multiple competitions, and mostly always won first or second place. I usually go to the swimming pool to practice or just to have fun with some friends. My friend Kairi wanted to go to the local park's swimming pool. It was in the middle of summer, so we needed to cool down a bit.

" Hey let's go to Mill Lake, the pool is opened for free today." Kairi said over the phone.
"Sure thing let's meet up at the pool." I said.

I packed everything that I needed, towels, sunscreen, goggles etc. I wore my one piece bathing suit under my casual outfits. Half an hour later I met up with Kairi at Mill Lake, the sun was high and bright.

"Come on let's go, it's the perfect time, Not a lot of people are there at the moment." Kairi said grabbing my hand. "Ok slow down Kair.." I began.

Next thing I knew I was trailing behind Kairi as she dragged me along. I smiled slightly, I looked around me as we headed towards the park's pool. I looked ahead, Kairi was slipping pass a group of men. My eyes went wide, I bumped into one of them, our hands gently touched as we slipped passed each other. Kairi apologized and continued to drag me.

"Sorry! Excuse my friend." I said hurridly, not seeing their faces properly.
"Kairi, slow down, at this rate you're going to knock someone down a hill." I said.
"I know, sorry but I'm just afraid there won't be enough space for us to swim." She said.

I smiled, Kairi knows how much I love swimming. 10 minutes later, we finally arrived at the pool. Luckily there weren't a lot of people. It was the size of a normal swimming pool in a Recreation center or facility. Kairi jumped in and just had fun swimming around, I put on my goggles and slipped into the water. I began to do all the , front, back, butterfly etc. After half an hour, People began to increase. I was getting tired but I continued. There was a lane just for swimmers to practice their swimming. I was basically the only one in there, everyone else was there just to enjoy the sun while cooling down. I was almost done my 13th lap, I was going to do a final push in the deep end and come back. As my feet touched the wall and pushed back, my entire right leg tensed up and the pain shot up into my nerves. I got a massive leg cramp, I couldn't move my leg I began to struggle.

"Help!" I tried to shout.

I kept on swallowing water as I tried to stay afloat. It was really loud and everyone was on the other end of the pool, the lifeguards were in their offices holding a small meeting. I tried to get their attention, I couldn't stay afloat any longer, the edge was too far away for me to reach, I was exhausted. I gave one final wave to the lifeguards, a female lifeguard saw me from the small window of their office. She alerted the other guards. My head went below the water, my leg still in pain. Suddenly I felt an arm grab my waist, and the other onto my hand. I was dragged up to the surface, I gasped and coughed.

"It's ok now, you're ok now. Just breathe." The voice said.

I was exhausted and in pain, My head was against their shoulder. I managed to keep my eyes open to see that it was man, with blondish hair. He waded towards the edge of the pool and lifted me up onto the ceremic ground. He gently took of my goggles, his figure above me blocking the sun. He picked me up bridal style, I closed my eyes and my head rested against his chest. I woke up in the first aid room, laying on a bed. I was alone, I sat up and looked around the room. It wasn't a big room there was another bed beside me,. The walls were white, a big window.. And that was  basically it.

"I sure drank a lot of pool water.. Great.. Now My throat taste like weak chlorine." I muttered to myself.

The door opened, I looked up in surprise. His head peeked through the door space, his blonde hair reflecting the sunlight.

"You're ok now?" He asked.

I cleared my throat quickly.

"Uhm Ya, I'm fine now, please come in." I said gesturing for him to take a seat.

He sat down beside me, he was Asian, with big brown eye and a big smile. It caught my attention right away, it looked so comforting.

"Were you the one that saved me in the pool?" I asked.
"Yup, it was me, everyone else was playing on the other end couldn't hear you. Luckily I was near the deep end with my friends and I heard you shouting." He answered.
"Oh... So you're not a lifeguard?" I asked embarassed.
"Haha no I'm not, just a normal guy who was hanging out with a bunch of friends." He smiled.

I couldn't help myself, I kept staring at his eyes.

"Well since the lifeguards said that you'll be fine, I'll get going. I didn't tell my friends the place where I'll be meeting up. Make sure to stretch those muscles out so you won't get anymore cramps." He said.

He got up, smiled, and walked out the door. Without knowing, my arm reached out for him as he walked out.
​​​​​​
 "Wait.. I didn't even say thank you... Or asked for your name..." I trailed off.

Kairi phoned me that night.

"________ You ok?! I'm so sorry I couldn't help you when you were drowning." Kairi sounded regretful.
"It's fine Kairi, I'm not dead so don't worry too much."I replied.
I only helped him carry you to the first aid room... By the way, you had cramps before, but this time... It seemed pretty serious." Kairi said.
"Haha that's still something right? Don't be too hard on yourself. Ya you're right Kairi..... It was weird, I mean I've never knew a cramp could hurt that much." I said.
"Was it more painful than sore?" She asked.
"It was both actually, but it was slightly more on the painful side. But it's nothing that I can't handle, I just hope I won't drown next time." I laughed.
"Ya let's just hope not _______." Kairi said sounding concerned.

About 2 weeks later, Kairi wanted to hang one night. I was planning on going to the park's pool again that opens late at night for an hour and a half, so I told her I couldn't. Though it was night time, it was still really warm. 20 minutes of walking I arrived at the pool, I changed and went out. Surprisingly, no one was in the pool.

"Oh? Guess it's just me today. That's good at least I can have the pool all to myself to practice." I said to myself.

I jumped into the pool, and started swimming. My eyes were looking at the starry sky as I did the backstroke from one side of the pool to the other. When I arrived, I flipped and pushed off from the wall. As I was about to start my front crawl, I gasped and swolled another mouthful of water. I surfaced and gasped.

"Great I swolled another mouthful of water, I might as well just drink all the water in this pool." I thought to myself.

I went below the surface again, at the bottom of the pool, a person was sitting on the pool floor, not moving. I took a deep breath, and dove into the deep end. It was a man, I grabbed his arm and pulled him up. He was a bit heavy due to him being a man and with muscles. We both surfaced, I gasped for air, and waded towards the edge. From behind me, I heard a familiar voice. I turned around and my eyes went wide, it was him.

"What's going on? Are they closing the pool?" He asked.

Our eyes froze on each others as his met mine.

"Oh, it's you, Cramps. What a surprise." He said smiling.

I let go of his hand and angrily splashed water on him.

"Hey haha what was that for?" He asked.
"You scared me to death! I thought you were drowning!" I shouted at him.
"Haha nah, I was just having a little alone time, since it's the hour where we can come here ourselves with no one around us." He said.
"Right.. But still..." I said looking at the water.
"Hey, at least we're equal now?" He said.
"Sorry?" I asked confused.
"Last time I saved you, this time you saved me." He said.
"But you just said that you were having an alone time." I replied.
"Yes.. But if you didn't drag me up, I would've probably forgot how to breathe, so thanks." He smiled.

My heart began to pound, his eyes fixed on mine.

"By the way, I'm Jackson." He said holding out his hand.
"_______." I said.

I shook his hand: warm, soft, it wrapped around mine like a glove. We spent time talking to each other in the pool, no one came it was just the two of us.

"You look nervous about something, you ok?" Jackson asked.
"Ya I'm fine." I smiled.
"Ah ok, so that day, did you get a check up afterwards?" He asked.
"No I didn't, I should probably, because it was the first time, who knows when it will come up again." I said looking at him, his fair skin and blonde hair holding my stare.
"Indeed, you don't want it to turn into something serious right?" Jackson said.

I nodded. After talking and swimming for another half an hour, we slowly became good friends. The set announcement came on.

"The pool will be closed in 25 minutes, please exit into the changerooms, Have a nice day." It said.
"Well, time flies by so fast doesn't it?" Jackson asked getting up.
"It did, it was nice meeting you officially today." I said.
"Haha thanks for saving me today." Jackson said patting my shoulder.
"Haha no need." I smiled.
"Let's hangout one of these days, An hour and a half seemed too short for us." Jackson suggested.
"Sure thing!" I replied.
"Great, I'll see you then ________." He said waving.

My heart was beating so fast, my face was flushed red. I closed my eyes and calmed myself down. As time ticked by, Jackson and I went from strangers to close friends. We would go out to eat, go to amusement parks, etc. it almost felt like we were on dates disguised as hanging out as friends. One day I went to the doctor's for my monthly checkup, the doctors asked me questions about my health. I answered that everything seemed fine.

"That's good, well glad to hear that you're fine _______. Continue to take care of your health, come back next month again and we'll see how your health is doing then." She said.

I nodded. Before we walked out of the room, my legs came into mind.

"Uhm Doctor?" I said.
"Yes?" She responded.

I was wondering if you can use those small hammer things and knock my knees a few times?" I asked.
"Why? Is something wrong with them?" She asked.
"Not that I know of, but can you just try it?" I lied.

She looked at me for a seconds then agreed. I sat on the chair, she knelt down and used the small hammer and gently tapped my knee. My legs gave a slight twitch, she knocked on it a few more times, my legs twitched each time.

"Well everything seems normal, so you shouldn't worry." The doctor smiled.
"That's good, thanks so much Doctor." I said.

A few days later, Jackson and I hung out. We went to go watch a movie, it was 2 hours long. We sat through the movie, eyes glued to the screen. Jackson and I are in the term, where we can tell each other secrets and won't be scared that the other person will leak them. Since I fell in love with Jackson on the first day, I thought to myself that I can't keep it hidden from him anymore. I can't let my feelings drown myself, while everything that I care about is treading above surface. I slightly glanced over to Jackson, he was smiling while watching the movie, since it was dark he couldn't see that I'm looking at him, and for that I was thankful. I didn't want him to see my feelings for him just yet.. After the 2 hour movie ended, the lights came back on. While everyone was getting up, I myself tried to get up. My bottom didn't leave the seat 5cm and I fell back down. At that moment, my mind started to blank out. No one noticed, including Jackson. I just sat there for a few more seconds, thinking that my legs just fell asleep.

"Hey you ok? Why are you still sitting?" Jackson asked concerned.
"Oh? Oh it's nothing, I was just rethinking about the movie, and my legs fell asleep so I'm just giving them some time to get back to normal." I smiled.
"Oh? I see... Well we got to go before someone kicks us out." Jackson said.
"You're right, hold on." I said.

I grabbed the seat arm and tried to stand up, my legs still felt weak.

"Haha looks like my legs still haven't got its senses back." I laughed.
"It will soon come on." Jackson said.

He took my hand and gently pulled me up, I fell into his arms. He supported me, and we walked out of the theatre. We got outside, my legs still felt a bit numb.

"Can you walk now?" He asked.
"It's slowly getting back, but it might still be a struggle." I said.
"That's weird... Never knew legs can fall asleep for that long." Jackson said eyebrows coming together slowly.
"Well guess I'm different." I laughed.

Jackson walked ahead of me and knelt down.

"Hop on." He said.
"Jackson what are you doing?" I asked surprised.
"I'm going to give you a piggyback." He answered.
"I'm not that bad I swear, I just need some time." I said shaking my hands side to side.
"Friends do this don't they? Come on, we're going to get home tomorrow if we walk like this." Jackson said.

I stayed silent after that, I slowly hunched over Jackson's back. My hands slipped passed his neck and hooked onto one another. Jackson stood up and his arms locked around my leg. His back was warm, it was comforting. Jackson carried me across town, the starry night circled around us above. My heart was thumping, but only I can feel it.

"You ok now?" Jackson asked.
"Ya, most of its senses came back. Thanks Jackson." I answered.
"That's good, I was worried." Jackson said.
"Oh... Sorry no but really I'm ok now." I said.
"Good haha the sky's clear tonight, looks pretty." Jackson said looking up.
"Indeed, you've been carrying me for half an hour, aren't you tired? Let's sit down on that bench for a while." I suggested.

There was a brief silence.

"Oh really? I didn't notice.. Half an hour? Really?" Jackson asked sounding shocked.

I nodded my head.

"Oh, well if you want, I honestly didn't notice at all." Jackson said again as he walked over to the bench.

He set me down and we both sat down, Jackson took a deep breath and closed his eyes. I looked at his face, the blue light reflecting off of his face. It was time.

"Jackson, can I tell you something?" I asked.
"Sure ________, what is it?" Jackson replied sitting up.
"Have you ever felt like you're drowning from something at times?" I asked.

Jackson thought about for a few second, and looked back at me.

"Yea, I had times like that." He answered.
"Such as?" I asked.
"Stress, people, and just life." He listed.
"Me too, but recently, it's been feelings." I said looking into the distance.
"Feelings?" Jackson asked.
"Yes emotions, happiness, sadness, anger, nervousness... and love." I said looking at Jackson.

We looked deep into each other's eyes for a brief moment, Jackson spoke first.

"Is the reason for asking me that question was... Is it?" He asked.

I took a deep breath, and slowly nodded. I closed my eyes, my heart felt like it was about to hop out of my chest. Suddenly he took my hand, and held it. I opened my eyes and looked at him surprised.

"Jackson.." I said.
"Well now, I can stay afloat from one of the things that's been trying to drown me, along with you." He said smiling. "Sorry?" I asked confused.
"Now, both of our feelings can float away. Because right here, I like to tell you that yes.. I like you too ______." Jackson confessed.

My eyes went wide as he said those words, my hands went cold.

"So you don't have to worry about the person you like not accepting your feelings. Because he accepted you with mutual feelings." Jackson said warming my hands.

I didn't know what to do, my eyes began to water.

"Why are you crying? Is this something to cry about? Come on ______, get a hold of yourself." Jackson said shaking my hands.

Tears rolled down my cheeks and all I could do is smile.

"It's ok now _________, it must've been hard for you. Here let me comfort you." He said.

I looked at him, Jackson gently took my face and leaned in. His lips gently touched mine, it was warm and comforting. Jackson's lips pulled away from mine, and he hugged me.

"I love you ______. Whenever you're having a hard time, just lean on me, I'll be your legs when you can't walk and your cane when you can't stand." Jackson said to me.

I nodded my head, and hugged him tightly. I never thought those words would mean more to me than anything else. Although Jackson is important to me, swimming is still a part of me. Once in a while I will "abandon" Jackson and practice swimming. One day, I told Jackson that I'm going swimming so I can't hang with him.

"Ok, let me go with you then, my friends are busy today." Jackson said.
"You sure it might take hours." I said.

Jackson pondered for a while, and then took my hand.

"That'll be fine, I'll just a nap or something." He smiled.
"Ok, suit yourself." I said.

The two of us headed for the pool, there were quite a few people swimming. I hopped into the pool after changing, I looked at Jackson he placed earphones in and leaned back on the chair and closed his eyes.

"Thanks for sticking up with me." I said to myself as I looked at him.

I started to swim, I didn't know how long time passed. Once in a while I willl glance at Jackson, he's napping in peace. Half an hour to 45 minutes probably went by, I decided leave. I didn't want Jackson to wait anymore, so I swim towards the edge. A few people left, so there's more space in the pool. As I swam towards the edge, my legs began to go numb. I tried to stay afloat, and called for Jackson. I don't think I can keep this from Jackson anymore, he's going to find out that something is wrong with me.

"Jackson, help me, I got a cramp." I shouted.

Jackson woke up, and took out his earphones.

"_______, you ok? What's going on?" He came over to help me.

I couldn't move my legs, it felt like it was gone. Jackson pulled me out of the pool, and I sat on the ledge.

"Your legs seems to always get cramps or go numb, is something wrong?" Jackson asked concerned.
"I don't know, probably because I haven't exercised in a while." I said.
"This won't do, let's go to the doctors and get your legs checked." Jackson said.
"Jackson it's fine." I said grabbing his hand.
"Nooo We're going." Jackson said again.
"I will go by myself then." I finally said.
"Nuh uh, we're going togethe.." He said.

His phone started to ring, he picked it up.

"Hey Youngjae...I'm in the middle of something can I call you later?..... Ok I'll go there later." Jackson said.
"What is it?" I asked.
"Yugyeom is having a small concert, so they asked me to go." Jackson said.
"Oh.. Then you should go I'll be fine, the cramp's going away now." I assured him.
"Fine, but don't think about not going, it's for your health." Jackson said holding my hand.
"Yes, I know. Thanks." I smiled.

Jackson kissed me me and took off.

"I'll call you tonight and ask you." Jackson shouted.

I gave an"ok" sign. After changing, I went to the doctor's office.

"Oh ______ you're back? It hasn't been a month yet. Is something wrong?" She asked.
"I was wondering if I can get another checkup? I've been getting frequent cramps and sometimes my legs go numb." I finally said.
"Oh really? Come here and sit down." She gestured to the chair.

She took the small hammer and knocked on my knees, this time it's different than last time. Sometimes when she knocks, my legs don't respond till about a second later.

"This is weird, I can't seem to figure out what this is. It's not paralyzation since you can still walk, your nerves still seem to be working but it's weak since it responds late. I suggest that you don't swim for a while, a part of your body or spine might have been strained too much, thus causing after affects on the nerves." She said.

I was sad, but for my health I kept it hidden.

"Thank you doctor." I said as I got up to leave.
"Be careful _______, till your next examination, I'll try to search the problem for you." She said patting my shoulder.

I nodded. That night Jackson phoned me. 

"Hey how was the checkup?" He asked.
"It went well." I replied.
"That's good, what was the problem? Why were you getting all those cramps and numbness?" Jackson asked.
"The doctor said it was nothing, probably because I didn't excercise a lot lately." I lied.
"Oh...well looks like we should go excercising more now, for your health." Jackson said.

I sighed.

"Haha don't do that, I'll go to your house and drag you out if I have to." Jackson threatened me.
"Fine I will." I said.
"Good, get some rest. Night." Jackson said over the phone.
"Night." I said and hung up.
"I don't know how long this will go on for, I hope the doctor can find a cure for this." I said to myself.

I fell back onto my bed. For a week, Jackson took me out running every morning. I think I lost more weight than it doing good for my legs, which was also good I guess. One day, Jackson took me out for a walk.

"How's your health lately?" He asked.
"It's been good, nothing seem to be wrong lately." I said smiling.
"That's a relief, let's go and eat something." Jackson said.
"Sounds great." I replied.

Jackson took my hand and started walking, then I don't know what happened. I fell onto the ground, and just sat there.

"_______ are you ok? What's wrong?" He asked bending down beside me.
"I don't know." I responded.

My mind began to spin.

"Come on let's get up and go to the doctor." Jackson said grabbing my hand.

I tried to get up, I fell right back down.

"I can't get up.... Jackson hit my leg." I said to him.
"What? Why?" Jackson asked shocked.
"Just do it, pinch, punch, bite I don't care what just do something to my legs." I pleaded.

Jackson pinched my legs.

"I can't feel anything Jackson... I can't feel my legs." I said.

Jackson carried me up and bridal carried me to the doctor's. We arrived at the doctors, Jackson set me down and called her.

"_________, just the person that I need to see." She said.
"Doctor I can't feel my legs, and I can't walk." I told her.
"Oh my.. Come here let's get you tested first and then I'll tell you what's going on." She said.

Jackson carried me to the room and I sat down. She used the small hammer against my knees... No response.

"Please tell us what is going on doctor, I thought you told her that nothing's wrong with her." Jackson said.
"You didn't tell your boyfriend anything that day?" She sounded surprised.

I didn't respond.

"All she told me was that you told her that nothing was wrong, she just needs more exercise." Jackson said.
"We checked that day, and it turns out that some of her nerves are weak resulting in numbness that could last for hours. So I told her to not go swimming or do anything extreme." She replied.

Jackson looked at me with a shocked face, I couldn't look at him.

"What is the problem doctor? Please tell us." Jackson asked.
"It turns out she has Fibromyalgia, which weakens her nerves causing her legs to go numb, or sometimes cuts off all the nerves in an area." She said.
"How long will it last?" I asked.
"I'm not sure, it could be months, years..or it could never go away." She said.

I was devastated, same with Jackson.

"Does that mean I'll be.." I started to ask.
"Wheelchair bounded." She finished.

I closed my eyes and cried.

"It's not your fault, it's no one's fault _______. Your nerves were probably born weak, so don't blame yourself for anything ok? It's not good for your emotional health." She said with a comforting tone.

I nodded.

"Come back and get a check up every 3 weeks, and I'll examine you to see if there's any improvements." She said holding my hand.
"We will." Jackson said.

So after that day... I became wheelchair bound. Though I'm wheelchaired bound, Jackson stayed by my side everyday. He helped me a lot, took me to places. One day Jackson pushed my wheelchair in a park on a beautiful day, we stopped on to of a hill. The blue sky was behind the fluffy white patches of clouds, people walking below. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, Jackson held my hand.

"Thanks for coming with me today." I said looking at the sky.
"Of course _______, I will be by your side." Jackson replied.

I held tightly to Jackson's hand.

"Let me ask you something ________." Jackson suddenly said.
"Sure go ahead." I answered.
"That day when I asked you if you were ok... Why didn't you tell me that there was something wrong?" Jackson asked.

I didn't answer, I let go of his hands and just looked ahead. Jackson knelt down beside me, and looked at me.

"Please answer me." He said.

I didn't answer for 3 seconds, then I took a deep breath.

"Because I didn't want to be a burden to you Jackson, I didn't want you to stay by me so you'll help me through my problems." I finally said.

There was a brief silence.

"And I'm guessing that you were probably planning on breaking up with me over this too?" He asked.

I looked around, clearly I didn't thought about that.

"Yes.." I lied.

Jackson smiled and took my hand again.

"You can stop lying ______, didn't I tell you before?" Jackson laughed.

I looked at him confused.

"I said that I'll be your legs when you can't walk, and your cane when you can't stand." Did you forget?" Jackson repeated.

I shook my head.

"Good, so you're not a burden to me _______, instead I should be thankful to have you." Jackson said.

I started to tear up, Jackson made a face. I slightly smiled, Jackson wiped away my tears. He kissed me and hugged me, all I could do was hug him back.

"Yes and I'm thankful to have you too Jackson." I said to myself.

Days turned into months. Though I can't feel my legs, but I can feel the happiness of having Jackson by my side. Once in a while, Jackson would take me to the swimming pool; the place where my happiness used to dwell. I would change into into my swimming suit, and Jackson will hold onto me as I try to move my legs in the water. I have to say that it is helpful, Jackson would fool around at times. Seeing my "Legs" swimming around and having fun, it felt like it was me who use to enjoy swimming. Another month went by, Jackson took me to the doctors for a check up.

"How are your legs?" The doctor asked.
"I still can't feel them, but I don't think it really matters. There are many people out there who are wheelchaired bound, it's just an experience that I will never forget." I said.
"Lately I've been taking her to the swimming pool, helping her stay a float and let her try to move her legs." Jackson said.
"That's a really good idea, try to move the legs as much as you possibly can, you need to train them since they're not paralyzed." She said.

We nodded.

"I'm planning on taking her to the pool tonight." Jackson said. "That's good, go as much as you can." Oh and Jackson, thanks for staying by _________'s side. I've never seen her so happy." She said.

Jackson nodded, I took his hand. Days went by, Jackson took me to the pool one day. He helped me swim for a few hours, it was tiring but it was helpful. I could tell Jackson was exhausted, but he continued. I felt bad, but he insisted it's nothing. After a while, I told Jackson that I'm going to the bathroom.

"You'll be ok?" He asked.
"Ya, be back in a bit." I assured him.

He helped me out and onto my wheelchair, I wheelchaired away. A few minutes later, I came out. No one was at the pool, well it was just us two to begin with. Jackson wasn't in sight, I looked around.

"Jackson where are you?" I shouted.

I wheeled myself to the edge of the pool, my eyes went wide.

"Jackson! Oh no! Jackson!" I shouted.

Jackson was at the bottom of the pool, he wasn't moving.

"What am I going to do, I was going to call for help. Then I remembered the sign:

"Swim at your own risk after hours, we will not take responsibilities after hours."

I began to panic, I had to save Jackson.. But I couldn't swim. I backed up my wheelchair, I tried to stand but I collapsed. I pulled my self to the edge of the pool, I took a deep breath and dove into the water. I didn't care if I was going to die or not, I had to save Jackson. Since my legs weren't working, I used my hands and tried to swim downwards. Since I use to swim, I could hold my breath for minutes. I finally reached Jackson, I patted his face. He didn't respond, I hooked onto his arm and tried to swim upwards. His weight was dragging the two of us down and my arms weren't strong enough, I was stressed. I shut my eyes and gave my all, suddenly I was moving upwards. I looked down, my legs started to move. I was shocked, my legs were paddling. I faced up and swam towards the surface, we both reached the top. I lifted Jackson's head above the water, my legs were keeping us a float.

"Jackson wake up! No Jackson please." I shouted.

Jackson then opened his eyes, and looked at me.

"Oh thank god you're alive." I said in relief.
"I was never dead, I was holding my breath." He said.

I was speechless.

"You...you..You almost scared me to death!" I yelled.
"Yes I did didn't I? But that's not the most important part of all this.. You got your legs back ________." Jackson reminded me.
"You're right... I can feel them again. I can move them." I smiled.

I hugged Jackson, Jackson hugged me back. He dragged me underwater and kissed me, I was so happy. Jackson and I went to the doctor's, she was about to leave.

"Doctor!" I shouted.
"________! You're standing!" She said surprised.

I nodded. "Doctor can you give her a test to see if she's ok for sure now?" Jackson asked.
"Uh uh of course. Hurry and sit down." She said gesturing me to sit.

It was a 20 minute test. She took a blood sample and scanned my legs to see my nerves and muscles.

"The test results won't come out for 2 days max, so I'll email you and let you know when it comes out. And congratulations on your amazing recovery!" She said hugging me.
"I couldn't have done it without you and Jackson." I said.
"Yes Jackson, you played a big part in this, thank you, you've done more than I could ever have for ________." She said to Jackson.
"Thank you, I told her that I'll be her legs during her hard times." Jackson told her.
"And please as long as you two are together, continue to be her support." She told him.

Jackson nodded. 2 days later, Jackson and I sat under a tree. Holding hands and looking out to the distance, the warm breeze blowing.

"Glad that everything is normal now, it's good to walk side by side now." Jackson said.
"Indeed, let me ask you something this time Jackson." I said sitting up.
"Sure." He replied.
"That day why did you pretend that you were drowning? How did you know that it would work?" I asked.
"Well, no one would've known that you would feel your legs again that day, but I thought that I should try something instead of waiting. So I placed our love to the test." He answered.
"So you pretended to drown to see how much I would give in order to save you?" I asked.
"Yes.. It's a bit extreme, but it was all I could think of." He said looking deep into my eyes.
"So if I never regained the feelings in my legs you would've never surfaced to breathe?" I asked again.

He looked at me for a few seconds, then nodded.

"It wasn't extreme at all, thank you for risking your life for me Jackson." I said.
"I love you _________, and please don't forget that I'll be your shoulders to cry on." He smiled.

I leaned on his shoulders and held his hand.

"You know that moment reminds me of the time when I saved you a long time ago." I suddenly remembered.
"Ah that's right, when I was at the bottom of the pool and you thought I was drowning." He said.

We both laughed. I suddenly got an email on my phone, I opened it and read it.

"Good news ________, the test results came back perfectly fine, you should be fine from now on. Just be careful in the future." The doctor said.
"Looks like everything is officially back to normal." I said.

Jackson leaned towards me and gave me a quick kiss.

"Love you ________." He said.
"Love you too Jackson, and thank you." I replied.

In the distance, children played in the water park, and the swimming pool's turquoise water rippled, rippling above the water surface where Jackson and I saved each other's love.❤️ Jackson.