Earphones

Earphones

LIMITED STORY CONTEST.

 

Story title: Earphones

Story link: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/989845/earphones-btsxexid

Main Character/s chosen: Suga (BTS), Hani (EXID) - Ahn Heeyeon

Side Characters: - Lee Hayi - GOT7 Park Jin Young. - GOT7 Mark.

Prompt: - I'm the type of person who enjoy being alone. I like to walk home alone with my music. I like to stay home alone Friday nights. I just like quiet and time to myself. But I don't like being alone for a long time. I don't like being alone long enough for the bad thought to take over. I guess what I'm saying is that, I liked being alone, but I hate being lonely.

- Her hair was long, Her foot was light, and her eyes were wild.

Genre: Romance, Angst.

Status: Completed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Suga POV

         Things happened between us. But here we meet again. With earphones on our ears and the same song we hear most everyday. I saw her. With her long, wavy hair and her sparkling eyes. And I know she saw me too because the moment our eyes meet, she smile. And all I could do is smile back because, the past had been so nice to me.

2 years earlier..

         "Wakey, wakey, Suga!" I groaned while grabbing the comforter and hide under it. She stayed silent but I know she had something in her mind. Whether it's pour cold water on me and my bed, or..

          "TICKLE SUGA!!!"

         What?! Tickle me? I opened my eyes but still stay under the blanket. Okay, this is unexpected. She grabbed my blanket and throw it away while I'm in my blank mind and so sudden tickling me. I started laughing loudly. "S-staph... Staph it, Hani.." Hani didn't stop. She keep tickling me. I took her hands in mine and rolled so we changed place. Now, I'm on top of her. Her face shows blankness but she's so cute.

        I have something in my mind so instead of smiling, I smirked. "I've told you to stop. Now.." Hani face now had change from blank to scared. "No no no. SUGA NO!" I started tickling her and she laughed hard. "Su-suggaaa!!" She said, almost scream. I heard her breathing changed and I stopped.

        I'm worried of her. I'm still on top of her and all I could see is an angel who's giggling cutely at me. I see a girl who took my breath away. And I see a girl who will be my afterlife partner. Before, I wasn't like this. I'm the type of person who enjoy being alone. I like to walk home alone with my music. I like to stay home alone Friday nights. I just like quiet and time to myself. But I don't like being alone for a long time. I don't like being alone long enough for the bad thought to take over. I guess what I'm saying is that, I liked being alone, but I hate being lonely. And then, I met her, Ahn Heeyeon. A cute fluffy bear. Actually, the time I met her, she looks so hot and y. Her hair was long, Her foot was light, and her eyes were wild. She wore a long black skinny jeans with a crop tee and her combat boots. Her hair falls perfectly on her shoulder and I've seen the future. Its a while, I mean, I don't have a girlfriend. And when I told my brothers about it, they told me to grab that chance, so then, at least, if she doesn't accept me, I won't be that heartbroken. Yes, I talked to her. She's actually quite weird and funny. Very funny. She's open-minded and very warm. She can cooks, and do chores like a wife will do. And she.. well, she..

 

         "Ehem.." I heard someone cleared their throat. I look down and I saw a very confused Hani. "Suga, I need to cook. Now, get away from meh!" She pushed me gently but I didn't move. She stopped pushing me away and look at me with irritated eyes. "Suga.." She warned. I raised both my hand while shaking by head with those innocent expression on my face. But the smirk in her face said other thing. "Uh'oh.." I pecked on her lips and run away, taking my towel on my way to the bathroom. I could hear a chuckle from outside and quietly, I smiled at that.

         When I walk out of the bathroom-I had already in my pants. I took a shirt and my nose scrunched as I could smell sweet scent of pancakes and honey. I smile and went downstairs, sitting on the chair at the kitchen counter while looking at Hani's back profile, cooking.

          She turned around with a shock face. But it change right after. "Suga.." She called and smiled at me. I smirked at her, raising my eyebrows. She giggled and ignore me, turns around and put the pancake on the plate before putting in in front of me. She then, grab a Hersey Syrup's bottle along with the honey and put them beside the pancake plate. She put a cup on the table. A black coffee that I drank everyday. I pick it up and smile.

            I sat on the chair and she casually take a seat in front of me. I ate the breakfast she make and look at her face. "You're going out with Hayi?" I asked when I saw her eyes. She was hesitate to ask or not but I know she need to ask. She smiled at me. A relieve smile because she know I wouldn't care if she went with Hayi. I still don't get it why she was so afraid to tell.

           "Yes. We're going on an ice cream date." I smiled as return.

          "Be careful, okay?"

            "Okeyy~" now that's my Hani.

          Our breakfast take 15 minutes, like always. I stand up from my seat and clean the table. Hani had already went to the room, changing her clothes maybe? I smile when there's arms slowly hugging me from behind. And I know exactly who was the person.

          I turns around. "Gimme a kiss. Here." She pointed at her cheeks. I shook my head as no but when I saw the pout on her face, I quickly grab her hand and give a long, sweet kiss for her. "I'll be back at 10." She said and give me a peck on my lips before going out.

              Its been like 5 hours since Hani went with Hayi on some date. But Jinyoung suddenly called me, asking where I am be a us we're suppose to have our project together. I curse as I just remember that. And I'm so late, right now. I tried calling Hani to tell her about it but she didn't pick her phone up. I wonder why she didn't but I stick with some good and positive reason that her phone might be dead by now.

         So instead, I sent a message to her saying; "I have a music project with Jinyoung. Might be late home.. don't wait for me."

        After sending the message, I went with Jinyoung and our works done by 8. So, we have our time since Hani said she will only be back by 10. I was looking around at the beanies when Jinyoung nudges my arm a little. "What is it?" I ask without looking at him. I was busy looking at the beanies in front of me so I did not pay attention to my surrounding much.

          "Hey, I'm not saying this to make it look bad or so.. but, Suga. You must see this." I turned my head and look at the direction Jinyoung point. I squints my eyes and look at the couple in front of us. Its Mark. And the girl.. she looks so familiar, though..

         The girl turned around and I could see her face, bright and happy face of my girlfriend, Ahn Heeyeon. I gulped down the feeling inside me. I don't know myself but there's so much feeling. But one of that was betrayal. So.. this is how betray feel, eh?

          I took my phone out and scroll for a name. A name that familiar enough with me. I dialed her number and waited.. "Hey, Suga. Ssup?" She greeted 'My Way' as soon as she picked up the phone call. I smirk or maybe a slight smile at that. But I can't help but to wonder if Hani was there at her house. So I asked the question to Hayi. "She's not with me tho. I have rehearsal today.." Hayi hummed. ".. Why?" She asked after a while. "Its nothing. Thanks, Hayi." I said and hung up the phone.

          I took a deep breath before looking at the accessories shop not far from Jinyoung and I. "Hey Jinyoung, mind if we check the store a while?" I asked. My face shows no expression. I wore my poker face because I'm a man and I have this ego that stops me from being so weak.

          Jinyoung look at me weirdly, maybe thinking about why I did not feel anything about my girlfriend who cheats on me? I just don't know.. He took a glance at Hani and Mark before nodding his head awkwardly. "Y-yeah, sure."

         The walk home was annoying. I don't know myself but I'm annoyed. Feeling sad and angry and just.. everything that make my head hurts so much. As much as my heart is. I could not understand this a bit. Why..? As in.. Why?

         I took a deep breath and shook my head. There's so much why in my head, I don't know which one is the right on to ask. Why she lied? She's afraid I'm angry when she went out with he ex? I'm not angry. Jealous can be of course but if she just tell the truth, I can try to understand it.

          I opened the door to 'our' apartment. Its almost 10 so she might be home by now. Or not since she just step in the house after I opened the door. "Hey, Suga." I frowned. Hey? Seriously? "Is Mark your ex?" I asked, not sparing any minutes for her to say or do anything. Her hands stop and she look at me in pure shock. She was hesitate but answer after a while. "Urm, yes."

         I smirked and laughed. "Great.." She didn't say a thing after that. She just star blankly at me.

         "Wh-why..?"

         "Would you mind telling me the truth, Hani?" I raised my eyebrows, challenging her. "The truth about--" I stayed my cool. Not wanting to get angry at time like this. So immature if you think about it. But I must talk or else, I will become crazy. I look at Hani with sad eyes. "Are you even going out with Hayi?"

         "I.."

        "You..? You didn't go with Hayi, right? You didn't go out on ice cream date with your best friend but you went with your ex instead, right?" I concluded. Not that it's a lie. Everything was surely tire because I called and asks Hayi about it. Then, it's not that hard to conclude that She's the one who lied. She look very shock and I could see how angry she was when she grinned her teeth, looking at me. More like, she's glaring at me. But I can take it is better side. "You have no right--" I gasped in disbelieve and cut her words.

           "I have no right now? Oh wow.. Because last time I check, I'm still your boyfriend." I said, pointing at her nose. She didn't say anything. Maybe she feel guilty. But if she feel guilty, she won't do this.

        I sighed and took my black leather jacket with me. I look around and said my things scattered. 'I will take my things later' I thought. We still in front of the door. So, I walked passed her and left black box with a purple ribbon on top of the shoe racks. I feel so angry but it didn't stop me from smiling.

        I stopped for a while but didn't look at her. "I don't give people second chance." I said and walk out of the apartment. My apartment.

Present..

          Two years had passed since that day. I couldn't believe I'm still alive. I walk home alone with my music, the same earphone I brought. I never wear it but I think this is a perfect day to wear my 'two years ago' earphone.

          I look at the busy people walking from the window of this cafe. "Still hate latte?" She asks the moment our drinks come. I turns and take a sip of my order. "I like my coffee black more." She smile awkwardly. "Very, different from your name, Suga." I know she just want to start a conversation but I don't feel like it gonna be less awkward. I look at her. "I don't even know where that nickname come." She nods.

No One POV

        Suga smirk. A curve that appears at the tip of my mouth. Just a little smile that people probably could not see. "You can have a great life without me, Hani." Hani sighs but did not reply my words. She roams over her bag, finding something.

           "I.. Have a present for you, Suga." "Hmm?" She pull out the present out from her bag and give it to Suga. Its a black box and a purple ribbon on top of it. Looks so familiar. Suga take the box and saw a purple earphones. Two of it. Very, familiar. "Earphones.."

        "Its for you.." Suga looked at Hani and see the girl smiling at him.

        "For what?" The guy ask.

        "For our first met.."

            "And why is that?" The guy ask again. Hani sighs and look at Suga in the eyes. "I'm still hoping an 'us' from us. If you know.."

         Suga smile just a little. A smile and not a smirk like earlier. "Two years.. I didn't expect any 'us' anymore.." I look at the earphone. "You can have your happy life." The girl sighs. "You're my happy life.." She murmur but Suga heard it and smirk.

         Suga suddenly stand up and walk out of the shop. Hani look at Suga figure that disappeared right after. She close her eyes and sighs. Hani opens her eyes after a while. She look everywhere and her sight stop at the box in front of her and see that one of the earphones missing. She look at Suga's retreating figure and smile unknowingly.

         "I still love you.." She whisper slightly while smiling.