Minji Approves

Minji Approves - Yonnguk

Stars glittered against the black canvass of the night sky above your head, the moonlight shimmered off of Yonnguk’s white sports car while the street lights danced through the car as he passed by them quickly on the way back to your house.

Beautiful slow music played over the car’s radio while his hand slowly laced with yours over the center console. Glancing down at your hand in his, he smiled and drove confidently with his other hand securely on the wheel. Trailing your eyes up his beautiful baby blue shirt that hugged his toned shoulders tightly, his strong neck held up the collar while his face was slowly highlighted from the street lamps lining the road.

Tearing your eyes away from your handsome boyfriend, you watched him turn into your little community of condo’s. Maneuvering through the tight streets leading to your condo, he pulled alongside the curb, shifting the car into park, both of you turned and faced each other slowly.

“I had a really fun time tonight, Yongguk” You squeezed his hand gently, watching his head drop and his cheeks blushed under the low light in the car.

“I had a lot of fun too, I always do” He replied lovingly as his thumb brushed over your knuckles gently. Lifting your eyes to his, kindness and a deep love reflected in his eyes something you haven’t seen for such a long time. Getting a little lost in his eyes, a buzzing from your phone caught your attention and pulled you back to reality.

Unlocking your phone with your other hand, you read the message, Yongguk watched your eyes move along the text as he turned his head to give you privacy if you needed it.

“Who was it?” Yongguk questioned after clearing his throat slightly

“My little girl, she texted I can see you” You giggled and showed him the text from your babysitter’s phone.

“I better get you back to her so she can get to bed, it is kind of late” Yongguk slowly let his hand slip from yours as he climbed out his door then walked around his car and opened your door for you.

“Thank you Yongguk” You slipped your hand into his outstretched one and stepped out of his car. Leaning up you placed a gentle kiss on his cheek. “I really enjoyed dancing with you, it was very fun.”

“I just hope your feet don’t hurt too much from me stepping on them” Yongguk gently bit his lip slightly as he swung your hand in his back and forth between the two of you.

“I just hope I didn’t hurt your arms when you dipped me” You chuckled, placing your free hand on his bicep, you rubbed his arm gently as he just shook his head with a bright smile curling his lips.

“You aren’t that heavy, I could pick you and carry you around for hours” He confessed while his eyes locked with your for a moment before the two of you stepped up onto the small covered porch. Turning towards each other, he smiled and looked down at his fingers before looking back up into your eyes.

“Well I guess… have a good night ______, I will text you tomorrow” Yongguk rubbed the back of his neck as he was never good with goodbyes.

“I will look forward to it” You smiled back at him, “Just get home safe okay?” Your hand gently rested on his arm as he nodded gently.

His beautiful brown eyes gently flickered from your eyes to your lips then back up again. his lips gently, you could feel butterflies form in your stomach from his body language. Biting your bottom lip gently, his hand reached out and slowly wrapped around yours, lacing your hand with his slowly, your eyes lifted up and met with his as he stepped close

“May we?” He whispered gently asking for permission to kiss you. Falling for a loss of words, you nodded your head and allowed your eyes to close as his other hand slowly ran over your cheek as his warm breath spilled over your lips right before his silky smooth lips pressed against yours.

While the two of you were kissing ever so slowly, your little girl climbed up onto a chair and looked out the front window to see what was taking you so long. However your four year old daughter didn’t like what she saw. With your arms around his shoulders, his hands rested on your back with his fingers spread out as the two of you continued to kiss. Jumping off of her chair, she ran to the door and opened it up quickly, the sudden noise caused you to pull away and look down at your daughter hugging your leg.

Yongguk’s grip gently faltered from you as he knelt down and wiggled his fingers in a friendly wave towards your daughter. Running your fingers through her hair, you watched her hide herself more behind your leg. Tilting your head gently at her shy behavior becoming a little curious as to why she was acting this was especially after she had met him before, you your lips gently before Yongguk stood up and smiled at you.

“I’ll text you tomorrow” He smiled at you as his arms wrapped around you and you wrapped yours around him for one last hug for the night. Pulling away, he waved to your daughter with a smile before he walked back to his car.

Turning around, you looked at your daughter who’s hands reached up as she waited for you to pick her up. Lifting her up onto your hip, you waved back to him as he started his car and drove off, your daughter’s head just rested on your shoulder while her little arms secured themselves around your neck. Thinking she was just tired, you head inside as the babysitter slipped off of her phone and stood up and bowed to you.

Paying the babysitter, then making sure she got into her parent’s car okay, you closed the front door and locked it for the night. Rubbing your daughter’s back, you kissed the top of her head as you slipped off your heels expertly without bothering the little one on your hip.

“Do you want some juice, Minji?” You shuffled across the floor making your way into the kitchen feeling her little head nod against your shoulder.

Placing her on the counter top, you poured some juice into her sipper cup and handed it to her before you filled a glass full of water for yourself.

“Did you have fun with the babysitter?” You questioned wondering if she had a good night, her little shoulders shrugged as she sipped her juice slowly. “Looks like you guys colored a little and played with your dollies” You tried to get your little girl to talk finding it odd that she was being so quiet.

“What did you do on your date?” Minji asked quietly looking up and down the shimmering black dress you were wearing

“We went dancing tonight” You beamed, your smile showing through your glossy lips.

“Did you have fun?” She asked simply

“I did, it was a lot of fun” Finishing off your water, you placed your glass in the sink before you picked up your daughter and headed to her room to get her into bed.

“Why don’t you choose a book, Minji” You pet her hair and set her on the ground, watching her walk over to her bookshelf in the shape of a dollhouse, she pulled a princess story from the shelf as she trotted back to you before climbing into her bed.

Sitting on the floor, you crossed your legs over one another as you adjusted your black sequence dress over your legs as you turned to make sure she could see the pictures as you read page after page. During the story, her fingers played with the ends of your hair, gently twirling your strands around her tiny fingers.

Closing the back cover, you whispered the words the end before getting on your knees and turned to her, seeing her still wide awake. Placing the book aside, you leaned against the edge of the bed.

“Can I ask you something, Minnie?” You used her nickname as you took her hand into your larger one.

“Of course, Mommy” She whispered before sipping her drink a little more

“What do you think of Yongguk?” Your question was simple but her fingers felt a little stiff in your hand after the words spilled from your lips.

“I don’t like him” She whispered softly as her hand gently slipped from yours, turning over her back faced you as she grabbed her teddy bear and pressed it against her tiny chest.

“So do you want Mommy to go on anymore dates with him?” You probed wanting your little girl to be happy too.

“No” Her one worded answer was confirmed with a head shake as you kissed her head gently and then stood up and headed to the door.

“Goodnight princess, sweet dreams” You bid her a goodnight as you slowly closed the door so a small portion of light could still slip into her room.

Heading back to your room, you thought about your daughter’s words. Knowing you had feelings for him, you wondered if there was any way that you could change her mind and get her to see what a nice and kind guy Yongguk was. Thoughts simmered in your mind as you drifted off to sleep soon after your head hit your pillow.

With a text from him waiting for you when you woke up the following morning, you texted him back wondering if he wouldn’t come over when he had a little free time in his schedule. Without hesitation, he replied back agreeing to come over.

A few days ticked by before the doorbell rang and Minji got up from the small table that was set up for a tea party and ran towards the door. Following her closely, she opened the door and looked up at the man on the other side of the door.

“Hi Minji, may I come in?” Yongguk smiled down at your little girl as he held a bouquet of flowers for you and a smaller one for her.

Closing the door in his face, your daughter scampered back to you as there was a sound of knuckles against the front of your door.

“Minji, who was at the door?” You questioned finding it odd that there was another knock

“No one” She mumbled as she settled down in her spot around the tea table.

Standing up on your feet, you trotted over to the door and opened it up seeing who she had closed the door on.

“Oh Yongguk, come in” You smiled and opened the door wider for him to come inside.

“Thank you, I brought you ladies some flowers since they looked too beautiful to pass up” Yongguk smiled and handed you the larger bouquet as you noticed him holding a smaller one in his other hand.

“Minji, he brought you some flowers too” You called out to her, seeing her stand up, she glance din his direction before she picked up a doll and headed back to her room.

“Minji, Minji!” You called out to her thinking it was obviously rude of her to close the door in his face and to decline flowers.

“It’s okay, they will still be here when she comes out” He smiled as he slipped off his shoes and handed the smaller bouquet to you as well.

“Make yourself at home, I am just going to put these in some water” You told him skipping into the kitchen as you got a large vase for yours and a smaller one for your daughters. “Can I offer you anything?”

“I am fine for the moment, thank you though sweetie” He smiled at you as he slowly made his way inside your condo.

Watching him for a moment, he moved over to your mantle and looked at the picture frames that were neatly set on the wooden mantle. He slowly moved from one end to the other before turning towards you as you sat on the couch.

“Do you have some time to talk?” You grabbed a baby blanket off of the couch and folded it on your lap as Yongguk padded over to the couch and sat next to you.

“I have all of the time in the world for you” He flashed one of his genuine yet beautiful smiles your way, causing you to blush just slightly.

“I know we have been dating for a little while now…” Your fingers brushed over the soft blanket while your eyes lifted to see his head nod in agreement. “I just wanted to tell you that I really like you, I love being with you and enjoy your company very much. But…”

Yongguk nodded along slowly until his eyes widened once he heard your last word, “But?”

“It is just Minji, she doesn’t want me seeing you anymore, it hurts me to say this but I asked her if she liked you and she told me no” You confessed softly feeling nervousness fill your chest slowly, “I know she is only four but she is my daughter and I have to take what she thinks into consideration.”

“So, what are you saying?” Yongguk probed not sure what you mean.

“I thought about this and I was wondering if you wouldn’t mind taking her out for a day, like a date so she could see the you I see. Not just someone who comes and takes their mom away night after night.” You bit your lip gently while taking in a deep breath, “Would you mind doing that?”

“Not at all, I would love to do that for her and for you” He leaned over and gentle placed a kiss on your cheek.

A week later, a knock came from your front door, trotting to get it, you welcomed your boyfriend in as Minji was just finishing up putting on her shoes.

“She shouldn’t be too much longer” You smiled as you noticed a little stuffed animal dog between his hands with a bow wrapped around his neck like a collar. “What is this for?”

“A-Ah well she didn’t like the flowers so I thought I would try something different” He smiled as Minji stepped out from her bedroom, clearing a little, Yongguk turned his head and stepped forward keeping his eyes on her admiring her outfit of small jean shorts and an adorable pink t shirt with an ice cream cone on the front.

“You look very pretty, Minji” He knelt down on one knee as she shuffled a little closer to him.

“Thank you, but why do you have a puppy?” Minji questioned looking down at the puppy in his hand.

“This is for you, I thought it might be better than flowers” He whispered holding out the puppy for her.

“Much better” She giggled and gently took the puppy from his hands. “Can I go put him on my bed?”

“Sure, I will wait for you here” Yongguk smiled as she ran off to put her new puppy in her room.

Standing to his feet, you smiled as he looked over at you, “What?”

“Where are you going to take her today?” You questioned slipping your hands into the back pockets of your jeans.

“You will have to wait for her to tell you all about it later” He winked at you as you just smiled and shook your head lightly before Minji ran beside Yongguk and slipped her hand around his pinky finger.

“Ready?” Yongguk looked down at her as she nodded her head cutely.

“Alright, be a good girl and I will be waiting for you when you get home” You kissed your daughter on her cheek as she nodded and hugged you lovingly.

Hours passed as you cleaned the house and started to fall asleep on the couch as the sun dipped lower and lower into the sky falling closer and closer to the horizon. A soft knock on the door woke you up from your light sleeping, going to the door, you opened it to find your daughter sleeping on Yongguk’s shoulder.

“We would have stayed out a little longer to see the stars and to release candle boats on the river but she fell asleep” Yongguk came inside as you smiled at your daughter’s limp figure in his arms.

“That is perfectly alright. Was she good for you?” You questioned as he unloaded some of her things he had bought for her throughout the day.

“She was very good, she has a ton of energy though” He chuckled lightly, careful not to wake her.

“She always does” You smiled as he carefully shuffled her over to you. “What did you two do today?”

“We went to the play park, then to the pet store and played with some puppies, then we drew with chalk on the sidewalk of the park, we fed ducks at the pond, we went shopping a little. Then we visited the butterfly pavilion, I hope you don’t mind…” Yongguk gently rubbed her back once you were swaying with her fast asleep in your arms.

“Oh not at all, sounds like you two had a ton of fun” You smiled as you watched a new side of him unfold before your eyes, his fatherly side.

“I had a lot of fun with her, I don’t know who was more fun, her or you” Yongguk teased as you just looked at him with a smile. “Maybe you…”

“If you want to stay here a moment, I will get her to bed and then we can watch a movie or something” You offered shrugging your shoulders lightly as he nodded.

“No problem” He nodded as you turned around and headed back to her room,

Pushing the door open with your hip, you maneuvered her through the doorway as you then laid her down on her bed. Unbuckling her shoes, you placed them aside then pulling the blankets over her tiny body.

“Mommy?” She mumbled half asleep

“Yes sweetie?” You pushed some of her hair back as you gave her your attention.

“He was really fun, I see why you go out with him” She looked up at you and rested her small hand over yours, “i want to change my answer, I don’t not like him anymore, I think he is really fun. You can date him again” She yawned as you smiled and kissed her forehead lovingly.

“Thank you, I am glad you like him, I like him a lot” You whisper before standing and heading out of her room. Shuffling down the hallway, you headed over to the couch where Yongguk was sitting as you sat next to him and wrapped your arms around him.

“What do you want to watch?” Yongguk wrapped his arm around you and rubbed your back as you leaned up and kissed his cheek softly.

“Anything you want to” You kissed on the corner of his lips as he turned his head slightly to catch your lips with his. Kissing him a few times, he pulled away wondering what this was all about.

“Thank you for taking her out today, she really likes you. She even told me I can date you again” You chuckled as he laughed a little too.

“I am glad we got her permission” He laughed a little harder, seeing that you two just got permission from a four year old girl. “She did tell me to say something to you though.”

“Oh? What would that be?” You tilt your head lightly to one side as a smile still played with your lips.

“I love you, I love her, I love you two with all my heart. I would do anything for you or your daughter.” Yongguk confessed as your heart dropped into the pit of your stomach.

“She loves you too” You whisper as your eyes start to get lost in his, “I love you as well”

Pressing his lips back to yours, he happily held you against him while your fingers slowly ran through his hair celebrating the moment that the two of you had been waiting for for a long time. Those three words that put together meant the world to the right person from the right person changed the way that the two of you would see each other from now on, for the better.