The Rain

"Am I forgiven?"

Tiffany was killing her time by watching TV while waiting for Jessica to come home from school as the latter had said that she was going to be late because of an important meeting with her soccer team.

Tiffany was too bored to stay tune on one channel, so she began changing the channel one by one until her eyes caught a channel that reminded her of Jessica; about the weather this upcoming evening.

She thought that since Jessica was still outside, why didn’t she watch the weather news and remind Jessica about that?

So she waited patiently for the reporter to report the news (since news will always be the least thing to watch) and unfortunately it's going to rain hard soon. Had gotten enough information, she turned off the TV and walked out to the terrace of their house to check the weather by herself while dialing someone's phone.

Ring..

 

Ring..

 

—Hello?"

"Jessi!"

"Oh hi Tiff! Sorry I didn’t see the caller ID earlier. So what's up?"

"Are you still in the middle of the meeting?" Tiffany asked as her eyes exploring the dark grey sky above her.

"Mm closer to the end. Maybe in 10-15 minutes it will be over. Why?"

"Did you bring an umbrella with you?"

"Mm.. nope. Why Tiff? Omg I've been asking you why but you always ignore it. I'm pouting here."

"Aw don’t do that. Sorry I'm just worrying about the weather.."

"Weather? Why is it the weath—"

Sensing a jealous Maomao's coming on her way out she cut in immediately, "I meant YOU and THE WEATHER Jessi. It's going to rain hard soon and you just said that you didn’t bring an umbrella. How will you avoid the rain later?"

Tiffany was a damn worried yet protective person when it came to her Jessi. Yes 'her'. But who knows that her other soulmate was one of the person who always took everything Tiffany said easily (or let's just say it as underestimate), not really minding Tiffany's worries.

So I expected Jessica's laughter on the other line, "Hahahahaha.."

"Ya! Are you laughing now? The heck Jessi. I'm being serious here."

In the other hand in Jessica side.

Sensing a serious – hot tempered Tiffany talking to her with her cold tone, giving her a tension, making her laughter subsided. "O-okay Tiff. I'm sorry. Hehe"

"So now 'how'?"

Being a slow-minded she was, she innocently asked, "What 'how' Tiff?"

And what a tease Tiffany was for playing with Jessica's dumbness..? "You know about that 'how' for Jessi.."

"Seriously? I think I know one way.."

"One way what 'how' for Jessi, do you think I meant before?"

"Making you to forgive me for laughing at you, right?"

"YA! PABOOOO!! I SWEAR IF YOU WERE HERE I WOULD FLICK YOUR FOREHEAD TO DEATH JESSICAA!!"

And here we are glad to have Jessica destined to be not only 'a pabo' but also 'a smart' . "Oops. I'm sorry Stephi-ah I'm too in love with you that I can’t stand you being mad at me so the only way in my mind was to apologize to you, doing no matter what it is you command me to just get your forgiveness.."

In the other line Tiffany didn’t like the fact that Jessica just made her flustered. She muttered 'damn you Jessi' while sighing frustratingly.

"Now where are you? I'm expecting your meeting is over already."

"Huh? Oh yeah actually the meeting is over 10 minutes ago hehe.. I'm still at school Tiff"

"Okay wait there I'm going to pick you—"

"EEEII! NO NEED!!"

Not expecting Jessica's outburst Tiffany asked her confusedly, "Huh? Why Jess? It's going to rain hard soon. You see the sky?"

"Uh I meant it's okay Tiff, you don’t need to. I'll be fine! I promise I'll go home without being drenched. That's what you've been worrying over me right? Being drenched and catching a cold?"

Sensing a persistent Jessica brought out a sigh escaped from her lips. "Okay then. But whom will you go home with? Or by what?"

"With Yuri maybe. She's still here with me. By her car. So.. no worrying me again?"

"uh-huh.."

"you're not promising it."

"Tch I can't help it okay? I'm still doubting you! But it's okay if you're lying now and got drenched later, I promise I won't get you inside."

Then Tiffany cut the phone line with a smirk, making the other one shivering in fear.

--

'5 minutes.. 10 minutes.. well if she's with Yuri, they would be here right now. It just spends 10 minutes to drive here from school. Damn that brat lied again.'

"Damn it Jess, It's ing raining so hard! I didn’t even expect it would have some stupid lightning and thunders! GOSH WHERE THE HELL IS SHE?! She's dead for making me curse too much today!" A so-ing-damn-hell-yea worried girl was pacing back and forth behind the big two doors. Once peeking over the window, searching for a sight of Yuri's car or Jessica herself.

'15 minutes.. 20 minutes.. 30 minutes.. ah screw it. I'm calling her again.'

Beep..

 

Beep..

 

Beep beep beep..

 

"WHAT?! DID SHE JUST REJECT MY CALL?! THE HELL JESSI!"

'the number you are calling is not active. Try to—'

"ARRGH"

Meanwhile Jessica...

"Oh my God, the rain is so heavy, sure this rain will take long to subside. I thought it'd be just an ordinary rain."

While waiting for the rain to subside, Jessica spent her time watching the road with some cars passing by under the bus stop with other walkers that were same didn’t get a luck to bring an umbrella.

Hey girls~do you know what time it is~

'Oh what now, who's calling?' Jessica muttered as she fished out her phone from her jacket pocket.

It must be party time~

'Oh no it's Tiffany. Should I pick it? But the weather tells me otherwise. So, I'm sorry Tiff mommy~'

Here we— Rejected.

"I better turn this off"

--

As the rain still not giving a sign to subside, and also after looking at her water-proofed digital watch showing it's already 17.56 she thought wisely, "I think this is the only choice I have. After all it's been almost an hour I've been waiting here. What will Tiffany say to me? Oh God I'm sorry to break my promise. But I promise to deal with the consequence. Nah I shouldn’t make a promise after breaking one. Ah why am i..? forget it. Here we go...." then the small petite figure of Jessica ran hurriedly under the rain while clutching her bag inside her half-zipped jacket securely.

As she arrived in front of their shared house, she paused for a while; thinking of how to confront her worried—nope, it's like she's-mad-already girlfriend.

"Ah I think I'm just going to sleep in Yuri's—"

"YAH JESSICA JUNG!! IS THAT YOU?!!"

"Oh sht. I'm dead."

--

"Tiffany... open the door please? I'm scared. It's getting darker here.."

"Nope. Get your lesson first Jessica Jung Sooyeon."

Then Jessica didn’t know what to do anything else except accepting the fact 'enjoying' her night outside.

As Jessica was 'enjoying' her night outside, Tiffany was watching a comedy film that she didn’t hear Jessica's begs. Even forgot her figure was still outside. Around 15-20 minutes?

"Oh my God Jessica! Screw this film!"

As she opened the door, her heart tightened in guilt. She saw Jessica was hugging her knee beside the door shivering while sleeping. Even the cold wind was blowing hard, she still could fall asleep. That girl.

"Jessi! OMG I'm so sorry. I didn’t mean to make you stay outside this long.. wake up please.." Tiffany said as she rubbed Jessica's arm gently with the same worried face she had used for the past hours.

Jessica stirred in her sleep. And when she had gained all her consciousness, she smiled apologetically to Tiffany. "Tiffany.. I'm so sorry I waited at the bus stop earlier but seemed—"

"Nah at least you're here. Now come on let me take care of you inside." After giving Jessica a warm hug, she stood up and offered her a hand to take.

"But, aren’t you mad at me?"

Hearing Jessica's question stopped her, "So you want me to be mad at you? Okay fi—"

Her words were cut off as Jessica crashed her petite body to Tiffany, wrapping her arms tightly around her. "Please don’t be. I love you so much Tiff."

"Well, damn you sweet talker.. I love you too."

 

END

 

How is it? I feel like this chapter is like nothing. *silent* jk just feeling this is still not good enough. Well I really appreciate it if you guys mm.. drop some comments? Or even give an upvote! hehe ^^ see you in the next chapter! <3