heartache

vibrations;

 

The first few weeks after Soojung had moved away were quite depressing for the boys and they didn't seem to have as much fun as before. As time went by they ended up managing to enjoy each other's presence even more than the usual. It was because the girl was not there that they ended up clinging to each other, holding on to what they had.

 

Jongin and Taemin had managed to get into the same high school. But because of the blow that was their friend leaving they had just barely studied for their entrance exams, which made the two of them enroll in a not so high leveled school.

 

“God, she would be screaming so much at us if she was here now,” Taemin said giggling softly then turning his head to look at Jongin.

 

“She sure would,” the boy replied with a sigh and a little smile.

 

Neither of them acceded when it came to studies, in contrary of Soojung who was always the top of the class. They used to always have study groups where Soojung would tutor the two of them. The two boys would always end up getting distracted by something and Soojung had to be the strict tutor who would yell at them to focus, things would get quit and awkward until she couldn't hold it anymore and they would all burst out laughing.

 

It was actually quite fun, even thought they didn't like studying or weren't as good at it as the next one.

 

One year had passed and they had pretty much healed from their friend moving away, not that they didn't miss, think about or messaged her, it was more like they could get by now.

 

However, even for people that didn't have much contact with them it was obvious that something was missing, they were not complete. Taemin and Jongin continued to smile and play around with each other, but it just didn't make much sense if it was not the three of them together doing it.

 

Somewhere along the way the two of them ended up getting closer than ever. When before there was a trio now there is a duo. Neither of them had actually gotten closer to anyone else.

 

They were now about to enter second year of high school and Taemin couldn't hide from himself something he had been denying for quite a long time. His feelings for Jongin had changed and he tried to pretend like nothing had happened, which worked at first, but when he would start to sweat and get nervous every time they had skin contact or even if his friend was just a bit close to him he realized maybe pretending was not the solution.

 

Weeks passed. Taemin had never felt like this towards anyone, sure he had had a few crushes in some other boys here and there but nothing like this. It was probably because it was someone so important and dear to him, he wouldn't be able to stand it if something went down between the two of them.

 

Would Jongin hate him? Would he be disgusted? They were boy and boy after all… And that were the thoughts that wouldn’t leave Taemin's head. Gathering all the courage he had he decided he should at least come out to his friend. His uality was something he was actually aware of from a while ago and it was time he told Jongin about it.

 

It was the first time Taemin remembered being so nervous. He was sweating all over the place when they were both walking home after school had ended. Taemin hold tight his bag strap that was crossing his chest with both his hands. He suddenly stopped walking. When Jongin realize he was no longer walking with his friends by his side he turned around, only to see a very sweaty and red Taemin looking down. Jongin could just barely see Taemin's eyes because his bangs were covering it, but it was enough to notice that the boy was almost tearing up.

 

Jongin then walked to Taemin and tilted his head asking if everything was okay. The only thing he got in response as some mumbles and he couldn't make anything out of it.

 

“What is it? I can't hear you properly?” He asked almost worried.

 

“I'm...” Taemin hold onto his bag strap even tighter than before. Jongin just mumbled a 'hm' to make sure his friend knew he was being listened now. The other shut his eyes and inhaled deeply before spiting out “I'm gay. I like boys, Jongin.”

 

That was felt like a weight had fell off his shoulders. Taemin opened his eyes one at a time, still shaking because he hadn’t had a response from his friends that was just standing there saying nothing for the first few seconds.

 

“I already knew though?” Jongin said tilting his head to the side.

 

“W-what?”

 

“Yea, it's all fine y'know?” He put both of his arms behind his head with a bright smile. “You really thought I didn't notice how you looked to the boys on our class?” Jongin smirked and teased his friend by pocking him in the arm with his elbow.

 

Taemin shivered.

 

Jongin payed more attention to him than he had expected, and it frightened him when he realized that.

 

“I just wished you talked to me about your crushes and stuff like that before too.”

 

I'm always caferul so you won't notice.

 

“I could never pin point if you liked any one of them actually,” he said rubbing the back of his head.

 

I did not! You are the first that I like, god damn it!

 

But Taemin just couldn't bring himself to say it yet. He sighed loudly with his eyes closed, quickly opening them again when he heard his friend had started talking.

 

“So, tell me,” he began “Have you ever looked at me like that too?” Jongin asked with a smirk and winking at the other who was just a blushing mess.

 

“W-what?!” Taemin just couldn't believe it.

 

“I'm just kidding! Just kidding.” He said laughing and making a lot of noise.

 

When Taemin realized his friend was only joking he could finally breath again. “Shut up!” He smiled back at Jongin and pushed him to the side and started to walk down the street again, leaving the other boy behind.

 

“Hey, sorry! Wait up!” Jongin ran to his friend and put his arm around Taemin's neck and messed up his hair making him pout and whine about it. They both started to laugh and went back home with a smile.

 


I apologize for updating so late! I actually do have the whole thing planned and written down in topics and some scenes done here and there but I haven't really written it all in organized chapters, so I'm sorry once again for taking so long.

Also, I kind of wanted to focus on the development of their friendship before I brought Soojung back (her two years gap will appear later on though), but don't worry she's coming back next chapter ~

Thank you so much for sticking with me and my story!

Please leave reviews, I really want to know what you are thinking about the story !