Paradise

Paradise

 

I love you. I always love you. I love you so much until I want you all to myself.

 

“Woori-ah, let’s eat.”

She just follows without saying a word. She sits to my right. Not touching the spoon. Just stare at the rice.

“Aren’t you eating?”

A while later she slowly picks up her spoon and start eating but just a little. Then she asks to be excused. I just watch her leaving the dining table. Then I clean up the dining table.

Woori is sitting at the garden. Looking at the sky. Wishing she could be free. The only wish that I couldn’t grant. I don’t want to grant it.

“Woori-ah. It’s getting darker. Come inside.”

She just follows. Not a word coming out. There no smile too. The sparkle in her eyes had long gone. I do miss the old Woori that always smiling with her bright eyes. She is funny and sweet at the same time. She is an angel. An angel that I don’t want to let go off.

9 month ago I took her in after the death of her parents in an accident. She thought that I was taking her on a vacation. To treat her lost.

After a month, she asked if we ever going back to Seoul. I didn’t answer.

It takes her 3 month to realize that I’m prisoning her. She was crying, asking to be free. She misses her friend and the freedom. But I just ignore her.

She keeps on asking to be let free. After one and a half month, she gives up. And that moment to, she stop talking to me.

I don’t want to lose her.

I love her.

And she’s mine forever.

That night, again, I ask if she wants anything. Instead of answering, she gives an empty gaze at me. I know your only want to be free but I can’t do that. Then I just left her alone in her room before headed to the store.

After an hour, I reach home. Straight away I went to her room. Holding cheesecake which she loves so much. Hoping she would like it.

“Ko Woori, I brought cheesecake. Don’t you want to eat…” When I open her room door, she wasn’t there. I look in the bathroom. She’s not there too. Damn! Not in the library, not in the kitchen, not at the garden. She didn’t escape, didn’t she? Just when I hope she didn’t escape, I see her running away.

She runs so hard but she’s not wearing any shoes. Her feet start to hurt and she starts to slow down. Just then I pass her and stop her.

Realizing that I had captured her, she falls down. Tears start to flow. I cupped her face and stare her eyes.

“STOP CRYING!” I hate seeing her crying.

“Myungsoo-ahh, why are you doing this to me?” she said in her unclear voice.

“I’m doing this because I love you, Woori. I don’t want to see you get hurt!”

“But you’re the one hurting me right now.”

I let go of her face and look away.

“Myungsoo, can you let me go?” she asks slowly.

“NO! I’LL NEVER LET YOU GO! NEVER!” I look at her.

She stands up and aims a gun at me. I just realize she took the gun from my jacket pocket. How could I not realizing?!

“Mianhei, Myungsoo-ahh. I just want to be free.”

“Woori.” I look at her.

“Saranghae.” Tears fall. Then she pulls it.

 

niga isseoya man yeogi ga paradise

eojiro neoreul gadwo beorin paradise

kkae eoseon galsu eobtneun seulpeun paradise

yeongwonhi hamkke halsu itneun paradise, oh

 

This place is a paradise only if you’re here

A paradise that has locked you in against your will

A sad paradise that you won’t go if you’re awake

A paradise that we can be together forever, oh