A Coincidence and An Encounter

Rainy Days and You

For after all, the best thing you can do when it is raining is.. Let it rain

 

             Jongin kept playing the game on his cell phone but it at all because he was playing himself. Usually he’s playing against Sehun online. He glanced at Sehun . His brother was already suffering of high fever since a few days ago and has always refused to be taken to the hospital.

             “Are you going to spend the whole time here?”

             Jongin looked up. His appa was holding a tray of food and some pills. Swiftly to help, he cleaned the table so the tray has space.

             “I don’t wanna go out.” He replied his appa.

             “Sehun will be alright soon. Doctor said he’ll recover in two days.”

             Jongin knew his appa was trying to comfort him but still he felt bad since Sehun who normally cheerful has to lie down and dealing with his fever.

             “Let me ask you one question. Why you don’t allow any visitor for Sehun from school?” Kyungsoo asked.

             Jongin bit his lips. “Because Sehun doesn’t want to look pity and weak. Sehun doesn’t want anyone sees him in this appearance.”

             “Hmm.. I see.”

             If there was someone who knew a lot about Sehun, Jongin must be the one. They were not blood siblings but because they have always been together, making them just like twins.

             “I’ll leave you here then. Please come down on dinner time. And let me know whenever Sehun wakes up.”

             Jongin nodded as his appa left the room. Suddenly his phones beep.

            ‘Can I visit Sehun?’

            It’s Luhan. He texted the same message since two days ago but Jongin kept saying no with the same answer he gave to his appa as the reason. He didn’t know why Luhan was so keen on Sehun. Even though he clearly wanted to be close to Sehun, but he always asked for permission to Jongin.

            But Jongin’s high curiosity defeated by his hunger. So he left that thought and decided to go downstairs and let Sehun has the perfect slumber.

*

           

            It’s been a week he didn’t see Sehun at all and the agitated feeling mastered Luhan lately. He knew Sehun was sick and he could only hope Sehun to recover as soon as possible. But when he walking down the road toward the bus station, he found the one who always came up in his head was standing right in the bus station, jesting around with his brother and some of his friends.

            When he passed by, Jongin lifted his hand and nodded to Luhan, indicating he’s welcoming the latter. Luhan approached them, but by seeing him, Sehun shoved himself snuggling onto his brother. He pursed his lips, making it looked flimsy.

            “Hi Sehun, how are you? Are you alright now?” Luhan greeted him.

            But the latter just looked at him with a strange look. He glanced at Jongin who gave an approval nod.

            “I’m okay now, thank you for asking.” He finally got his voice to reply Luhan.

            “That’s good. Hm.. Yeah.. I hope you are well always. So, I’m off now. See you later.”

            Sehun could only nodded when Luhan went away, leaving a question in his mind.

            “Jonginnie, why did he greet me? And he spoke to me only. Do you have any idea on this?”

            Jongin smiled. “He was the one who asked me your health progress anytime. He seemed worry but perhaps it’s only my reckoning.”

            Sehun tilted his head. “But why? We don’t even know him. I mean, we know him but we’re not getting along with him. And we hate him, remember?”

            A wide grin formed on Jongin’s lips. “It was before I know him. I don’t really know him either but since you’re sick, we’re involved into a good conversation. And I think he doesn’t that bad. I don’t like him at first because he can dance, not only a dance but he really knows how to dance.”

            “I’d rather prefer you than him. You’re the best in school.” Sehun contended.

            “Of course. Not only me. You do know how to dance perfectly.”

            But questions filled Sehun’s brain for the entire day. Why did Luhan greet him? Why did he worry? Why did he keep asking Jongin about him? And many more. He really wanted to ask Jongin but he thought it might not a good idea. Jongin would think he has something for Luhan.

            “Sehunnie.. Are you okay?”

            “No I don’t.” sehun replied casually.

            Junmyeon glanced to his youngest son. “What’s wrong, son? Mind to share?”

            Sehun managed to look peeved. “When are you going to fulfill your promise, dad?”

           Junmyeon slowed down the car he’s driving. “Which pro..”

            But Sehun cut off. “You’ve always been busy dad. You don’t have time to bring me and Jongin to the arcade. You don’t have time to watch movie with us in the cinema like we usually did. Don’t mentions go out, you even came home late lately. Me and Jongin especially appa miss you so much!”

            Junmyeon felt guilty in his heart. He did miss their special moments with his family lately since his business with Kris currently keeping him busy but the results were good so far for his company he owned. Kris was the gate into American market and Junmyeon needed to focus more to get the best result. And for that, he needed to sacrifice his time with his family. He explained this to Kyungsoo already and he understood but to explain to his both sons might take time.

            “I’m sorry. I’m currently in partnership with foreign companies and many things I should do to expand our business. As you know, you and Jongin later will inherit this company. I want to give you guys the best.”

            “We need you. We expect your presence. We miss you.” Sehun pouting his lips.

            Junmyeon smiled. “I miss you all too.” His left hand landed on Sehun’s hair, caressing it tenderly. “Stop pouting, oh.. look at the family’s maknae, so cute.”

            “Stop teasing me, dad.” Sehun punched his dad’s arm jokingly.

            They were in chumminess when Junmyeon suddenly hit the brakes.

            “Dad, why you..” Sehun didn’t continue his words when he saw a crowd in front of their car.

            People swarmed up. Some of them were lifting then moving a motorcycle while some of them were busy talking. Three men lifting a body, moving the body to the roadside. A girl was talking on the phone, asking a help while some young girls were taking picture of the incident.

            “Traffic accident!” Junmyeon said in shocked tone. He was about to open the door when two men came closer and spoke to him.

            “Sir, sorry for disturbing but could you please help this young man? We need someone to take him to the hospital. You have car so..”

            “Sure! Put him in.” Junmyeon ordered as he got out the car and helped to open the car’s door behind Sehun. He glanced at Sehun but his son seemed startled, didn’t move on his seat.

            “Sehunnie?” Junmyeon called his son when he sat on the driver’s spot already.

            Sehun didn’t turn to see him, his face was pale and his hands were shaking.

*

           

            Kyungsoo ran as fast as he can when he out of the car. He could hear Jongin followed him behind. He hugged Sehun who was sitting down alone when he arrived in front of the emergency room.

            “Baby.. You’re here.”

            Kyungsoo turned, Junmyeon appeared suddenly.

            “Where have you been?”

            “Giving some statements to the police. But it’s done already. The other man is still giving his statement since he’s the witness.” Junmyeon explained.

            “What was happened? I mean, I was nearly died when you said there’s an accident and both of you are in the hospital.”

            “I’m sorry. I was in hurry. I’m sorry.”

            Kyungsoo shook. “It’s okay, hyung. The only thing to be worried now is..” he didn’t continue, he took a glance to his youngest son.

           Junmyeon was perplexed in a moment then gasped. The next second, he approached Kyungsoo and Sehun then embraced both of them.

            “I’m sorry, Sehunnie. I forgot it all. I was panic and I didn’t realize that you have trauma for blood and hospital. I’m sorry..”

            Junmyeon could hear the maknae was crying, his body still shaking. The guilty just increase inside. How could he forget that Sehun can’t see blood and hospital? Sehun and Kyungsoo were involved in a car accident when he just three. But instead of forget everything, Sehun always remembered he was covered in blood and was taken to the hospital. And even worse, he didn’t meet Kyungsoo for weeks since Kyungsoo was in a coma and later woke up without knowing himself except he has a son, Sehun.

            Sehun hated blood and hospital ambiance since then. Blood would remind him of the pain of the accident and the look of Kyungsoo when he also covered by blood. Hospital reminded Sehun about the nurse who injected him some times and doctors who refused his request to meet with Kyungsoo. But the reason why the doctors refused him because they were worried Sehun might overreact when he found that his appa couldn’t react at all that time.

             And it made a big hole, turning into trauma in his heart. Whenever he had to deal with hospital or blood, his would react like this.

            “It would be good if you bring him home.” Junmyeon rubbed Kyungsoo’s shoulder.

            “And you?”

            “I will be here, waiting for the victim’s parents to come.”

            “What? Hyung.. Sehun is unwell right now. You did your best to help him, he’ll be okay. His parents will be here soon.”

            “They tried to call his parents but the phone they called wasn’t answered.” Junmyeon tried to ensure the latter.

            “I don’t wanna pass this night without you.” Kyungsoo started to cry. His heart hurt a lot by seeing Sehun’s condition this time.

            “Baby.. Hey.. I can’t leave this boy. I haven’t seen him at all inside but people said he is the same age with Jongin and Sehun. Can you imagine what if our boys are in his place right now? How do you feel when you arrive in the hospital and they’re alone, with no company?”

            Kyungsoo fell in silence.

            “I’ll be home soon, I promise.” He still was ensuring Kyungsoo. When Kyungsoo finally approved, he turned to Jongin. “Jonginnie, bring appa and Sehun home. Daddy will be home in an hour or two.”

            “No. I’m gonna get a cab. I can’t drive in this situation also. I’ll pick the car tomorrow. Jongin, you should stay here.”

            “Baby..”

            “No, hyung. You hear me. You won’t stay here alone. Jongin will be here too. In case.. In case.. the boy wake up and refuse to talk to the doctor, perhaps.. he want to talk if there’s a boy around.”

            Junmyeon smiled. “Fine. Since Jongin will be here, I promise I will get home as soon as possible. Now we should find a cab for you.”

            “I’ll do it dad. Just stay here, I’ll find the cab.” Jongin took initiative. He then held Sehun’s hand and gave guidance to walk.

*

 

            “Junmyeon-ssi, He wakes up. Do you want to meet him?”

            Junmyeon looked at the doctor. “Sure. Hm.. how about his parents?”

            “His father finally picked up the phone and he is on the way here. Thank you for being a good man, waiting for him though you don’t know him at all.”

            He smiled. “That will be a pity when you wake up in the hospital, have no idea what was going on and no one around, right? My youngest son was in his situation, it reminds me about it a lot so..”

            “Hmm.. I see..”

            “Luhan hyung?”

            Junmyeon looked toward. Jongin was staring to the bed he’s supposed to approach. Junmyeon and the doctor moved forward. Jongin was right, it’s Luhan.

            “Luhan? It’s you..” Junmyeon got himself shocked.

            “Do you know him?” the doctor asked.

            Junmyeon nodded. “He’s my son’s friend and he also my business partner’s son. What a coincidence. Why didn’t I recognize him earlier?”

            He remembered. He didn’t lift Luhan but the people on the street. He drove his car that’s why he didn’t look back, as he knew there was a man from the street who sat at the back seat with Luhan. He didn’t brought Luhan out of the car in front of the emergency station since after he brought inside, Junmyeon parked his car. And he didn’t see Luhan as the victim at all until now.

            “Luhan hyung, can you hear me?” Jongin asked.  

             Luhan nodded. “Why am I here? I was driving my friend’s motorbike then something hit me and..”

            “Lu!”

            Kris has come. His pale face made him looked like a vampire. A handsome vampire.

            “Lu..” He approached the bed. “I’m sorry. I was in a meeting. I silent my phone. I don’t know this kind of thing will be happened.” Kris explained. His deep regret can be heard from his voice.

            “That’s okay, dad, I understand.”

            Kris grasped the latter hand. He then turned to Junmyeon and gasped, as it’s the first time he saw Junmyeon in his life.

            “Junmyeon? What are doing here?”

            “He was the one who helped your son, sir.” The doctor decided to speak first. “He’s been an hour, waiting for your son to get his conscious before the parents appear. He also settled the administration fee already.”

            Kris nodded. “Thank you for your help. I’ll pay you back.”

            Junmyeon shook. “We can talk about it later. Now I have to go back home, my family is waiting for me. They’re as worry as you do.”

            Kris nodded. He was unable to wave goodbye, his hands still tremble for the shocking news about Luhan. He stared at Luhan, deep sadness gripped him. Actually he can trust the business to his assistant but since the love of his life left him, he buried himself in a ton of works. But he forgot that he has a son to be taken care. Luhan might be scare or lonely but he acted to be brave, hiding his pain which probably bigger than his dad had.

*

 

           

            They arrived in the address already.

            Kyungsoo held Sehun’s hand tightly. “That’s okay, Sehunnie, it’s fine. Enmity between students is usual. But you have to hold it for a while.”

            “We didn’t fight, appa. I can’t consider him as my enemy as well. I don’t hate him also but..”

            “Hmm?”

            “He dances very well and he just like me and Jongin’s rival. People cherish him now. I don’t like to share the attention which originally mine and Jongin. We are the king of dance in the school, not him.” sehun explained. He kept pursed his lips.

            “Honey, he’ll be graduated next year and all of the attention will be yours again. Just don’t keep it mind. Trust me, people know who is the best dancer, right? But you need to learn that not everything we want will be ours.” Kyungsoo tried his best to comfort his youngest son. Dealing with teenager definitely needed extra power. They’re strength, stubborn, wild but fragile at the same time. Needed more patience to face them.

            “Now, are you ready?” Kyungsoo asked.

            Sehun nodded reluctantly.

            “Good. I won’t release your hand.”

            They’re entered the building. Kyungsoo and Sehun were intended to visit Luhan. Because Sehun’s had his trauma over hospital so they waited until Luhan got off the hospital and they can visit him in his home. According to Suho, Mr. Kris and his son, Luhan live in that apartment.

            “1106. Here we go.” Kyungsoo said when they’re standing in front of the apartment intended. “Sehunnie, you knock.”

            “Why, appa? I don’t want to know, what if Luhan hyung is the one who open the door?” he sulked.

            “That’s the point, honey. You should let him know that you’re intended to come. He is sick right now and you’re his hoobae in the school, where is your manner? Go.” Kyungsoo said then hide at Sehun’s back.

            “Fine..” Sehun knocked the door. When finally the door was opened, he forced to form a smile by his lips.

            Luhan smiled back. “Hi Sehun, why are you here? Where is Jongin?”

            “I come to pay a call. Jongin will be here later with my dad.” Sehun spoke reluctantly. he really didn’t like Luhan not because the dance rivalry but he felt something strange on Luhan and it made him afraid.

            “Oh I see. You’re lucky. My dad is in home now. Come in.. Oh? You’re with someone?” Luhan’s eyes caught a figure behind Sehun’s tall body.

            “Lu, who is it?” a voice asked Luhan from inside the apartment.

            “It’s my friend, dad. Jongin’s brother and his..” Luhan stopped when a figure he was curious about stepped aside and face him directly.

            Luhan startled. His imagination and the reality just hit him right there when he saw the face he’s dreaming a lot for years.

            “Mom?”

 

*

 

Sorry it takes so long for updating this chapter since I had family holiday on Easter and I was sick after that. Hope you like this chapter and leave some comments if you don' mind :)