01.

Mended Heart.

Soo Won stood there, frozen, unsure of what she should do. Before she realized, tears were clouding her vision.

“Bye oppa.” The girl said before giving Gikwang a kiss. She walked away only to see another girl standing at the end of the street. The girl didn’t think much of her and continued to walk away.

Gikwang was smiling when he received the kiss until he saw who was at the end of the street. His smile slowly disappeared. He was panicking but tried not to show it.

Soo Won stood rooted to the ground. The tears she tried so hard to hold back spilled out.

“Soo…” Gikwang whispered.

He started making his way to her when suddenly, she found it in herself to walk away.

Gikwang stood there as he watched her walk away.

He knew he broke her but he just couldn’t help himself.

He was tired of being in a relationship for the past 4 years. They were high school sweethearts. He wanted to… explore.

Soo Won walked to the park where her and Gikwang always went to every month of their anniversary.

The park was special to them because that was where they first started. Even though Soo Won was the girl everyone loved and every guy wanted, Gikwang was the only one she saw.

Everyone saw them as the perfect couple. They were the couple everyone was jealous of.

Soo Won sat on the bench at the park, trying to make sense of everything that just happened in that short amount of time.

All she wanted to do was surprise her boyfriend and take him out to dinner because today was his birthday. But instead, she got the surprise.

And it wasn’t a pleasant one.

Soo Won pulled out her phone and texted a best friend of hers.

To: Tuan

Hey Mark.

Are you busy?

The only time Soo Won called Mark by his name was when something was bothering her. And Mark knew it.

To: Soo

Nah, what’s up? Where are you?

 

To: Tuan

I’m at the park.

 

To:Soo

I’ll be there in 10.

Soo Won smiled a bit before putting her phone back in her bag.

She was grateful to have a best friend like Mark. Sometimes, she wondered if he knew her better than she knew herself.

When Soo Won started dating Gikwang, Mark gave her space. But he was always there whenever she texted or called.

She didn’t have to explain herself to him and he’d understand. She liked that about him.

“Soo…”

Soo Won heard her name being called. She knew who it was. But she didn’t want to see him. Not right now.

“Soo… talk to me.” Gikwang whispered.

She refused to look at or talk to him.

“I’m sorry, Soo.”

Soo Won was now upset instead of sad.

“You’re sorry? What, you think just because you apologize everything will be okay? Sorry doesn’t solve everything and it definitely won’t solve this.”

Gikwang was silent. He was feeling apologetic because he hurt the girl who shared 4 years of his life with him. But he knew this day was bound to come. Just not like this.

“What the hell, Gikwang. How could you do this to me… to us… I thought I meant something to you. I thought we meant something.”

Gikwang continued to keep quiet.

“How long has this been happening. When did you realize that I was disposable.” Soo Won’s words tore through Gikwang’s heart.

“Soo, don’t say that.”

“Kwangie, you know I always said actions speak louder than words. I’m disposable from what I understand. Now answer my questions.”

Gikwang’s heart was breaking to hear her call him like that. She was the only one who called him like that and instead of it sounding sweet and loving like it used to, it was now laced with venom.

This wasn’t what he wanted. He didn’t want her to find out like that.

“I…” Gikwang started.

Soo Won looked at him, waiting for him to explain.

“I’m-”

“No. Don’t you dare say you’re sorry. I’m tired of hearing sorry. Every single time. I always let you get away with just saying sorry. Not this time, Kwangie. Not this time.”

Gikwang sighed. “It started about a month ago…”

“Are you serious right now? A month ago? And you didn’t tell me?” Soo Won couldn’t believe what she was hearing.

“I didn’t know how to tell you...”

“Was I really worth nothing to you? If you stopped loving me, you could’ve told me. Why’d you have to drag it on like this?”

“Soo, I’ll never stop loving you… I didn’t want to hurt you…”

“Okay Gikwang. You don’t understand the situation right now, do you. Don’t you think I deserve to at least have you be the one to tell me?”

“I’m sorry…”

“Stop it! I don’t want to hear that anymore. Not from you. I’m tired of hearing that.” Soo Won stood up, her ever-flowing tears flowing down her flawless face.

Gikwang held onto her wrist.

“I don’t know what else to say… I really am sorry.”

Soo Won pulled her wrist away. “Maybe this was for the best. I have one question though.”

Gikwang waited, not knowing what to say.

“Would you have told me had I not found out myself?”

Gikwang stayed silent.

“...Okay, I got my answer.”

“What… what happens to us now?”

“I guess we’re over. You’re finally free from me.” Soo Won gave him a small smile.

“Soo…”

Soo Won felt someone hold her wrist and it wasn’t Gikwang.

 

_________________________________________________

 

The feels... ;(

Please let me know how it is ! :)