Family

Family

“Jimin, please stop body-rolling. That’s inappropriate,”

 

“Taehyung, no, chickens do not say ‘moo.’ Stop filling Jungkook’s mind with the wrong information!”

 

“Oh my gosh--Jungkook, don’t you dare put your dirty toe in your mouth!”

 

“But Namjoon-appa!” Little seven-year-old Jimin whined loudly as he tried to get out of Namjoon’s grip. “The body-rolling gods are calling to me. They’re sending waves of body-rolling-energy through my body and I need to let it all out!” With a hard pull, Jimin managed to free himself and began to body-roll again.

 

“But uncle told me that when I was two!” Taehyung, the younger of the twins cried. “I’ve been deceived all this time!”

 

“Do you even know what that means?” Jimin asked his twin while he continued to  body-roll.

 

“No, but I hear it in movies all the time.”

 

“Jungkook, I told you not to put the damn toe in your mouth--”

 

The twins both gasped loudly.

 

“Appa,” Taehyung said, covering his mouth. “You said a bad word!”

 

“It wasn’t-no, son, look, it isn’t--”

 

“Appa, you told us not to say things like ‘damn,’ ‘,’ ‘,’ ‘shi--’”

 

“Park Jimin, you better zip your mouth this instant. How did you even know about those words?” Namjoon demanded, grabbing Jungkook’s foot away from his mouth as the child tried to once again eat it.

 

“Uncle Yoongi told us.” The twins chorused. Namjoon muttered an “of course” under his breath and rolled his eyes. Only his step-brother would think of infecting children’s minds with bad things.

 

“Jungkook, stop!” Namjoon said, exasperated and yanked Jungkook’s foot gently. Jungkook screamed bloody murder, making the twins jump and run away while giggling (and Jimin body-rolling). Jungkook’s wide brown eyes began to brim with tears as he looked at his parent with a pout.

 

“Oh, don’t cry, no, no, don’t please--” Namjoon started rambling but was cut off when Jungkook started wailing, kicking the air with his small feet while trying to push Namjoon away.

 

“I want eat!” Jungkook said through sobs.

 

“But you can’t eat your toe, though,”

 

“I want eat!”

 

Namjoon sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. Knowing that he wouldn’t be able to calm Jungkook down no matter how hard he tried, he called for the only person who could. “Seokjin!”

 

It took a few minutes before Seokjin walked into the living room, a pink apron on and smiling smugly. “You’re so lost without me, aren’t you?”

 

“Oh, be quiet,”

 

Seokjin chuckled and took the crying Jungkook into his arms. He held Jungkook closely to his chest and caressed his back, humming a small tune into his ear. Within seconds, Jungkook had calmed down, now his thumb and cuddling closer to Seokjin. Namjoon couldn’t help but marvel at how quickly Seokjin had stopped the kid’s crying. Seokjin really did have a way with children.

 

“Stop staring, Namjoon-ah,” Seokjin teased. “I might just melt if you continue like that.”

 

Namjoon scoffed, face reddening with embarrassment. “I wasn’t staring at you at all, Seokjin.”

 

“Yah, since when did you stop using ‘hyung?’”

 

“Come on, we’re married now,” Namjoon explained. “And we have kids. Wouldn’t it be the even the slightest bit weird if I called you hyung?”

 

“Well… I guess you have a point,” Seokjin agreed. “Just call me something else then.”

 

“Like what?”

 

“I don’t know. You’re the brainiac here, you do the thinking!”

 

“But you know I’m not good with nicknames!”

 

“So?”

 

“What about… baby?”

 

“Used too often.”

 

“Honey?”

 

“Too cliche.”

 

“What about empress?”

 

“Sounds too high and mighty.”

 

“What am I supposed to call you then? Princess?” Namjoon snapped. Seokjin pondered for a moment.

 

“Actually that sounds perfect.”

 

“Wait, what--”

 

“Seokjin-eomma!” Taehyung yelled as he ran into the living room with a huge smile on his face. Jimin was right behind him.

 

“Seokjin-appa is ‘appa,’ Taehyung-ah,” Jimin corrected but Taehyung shook his head stubbornly.

 

“Eomma fits him best, though,” Taehyung argued. “Appa is Namjoon-appa.”

 

“You’re delusional,” Jimin countered.

 

“Do you even know what that means?”

 

“No, but I hear it in movies all the time.”

 

The twins grinned at each other.

 

“Aw, you guys look like such a perfect family!” A voice squealed. Everyone turned to find Yoongi, Seokjin’s brother, and Hoseok, his husband and the one they all assumed who had squealed.

 

“Yoongi-yah!” Seokjin put Jungkook, who was still his thumb adorably, and ran to his younger brother and gave him a bear hug. “I’ve missed you so much!” Then, he whacked Yoongi on the head. The younger let out a yelp. “Why the heck didn’t you visit us earlier, huh? You didn’t even call. And not even a text from you! How could you do this to your brother?”

 

“Seokjin-hyung, calm down,” Yoongi said as Seokjin ruffled his hair. “I’m sorry, okay? I’ve been really busy.”

 

“Pff, oh please,” Hoseok piped up. “The only thing you’ve been doing at home is sleep, eat and sleep even more.”

 

“Hobi, I swear I will slit your fu…,”--Seokjin glared at Yoongi, daring him to continue his sentence--“fuschia-loving as…,”--Seokjin stepped on Yoongi’s foot. “assertive throat! Hyung, did you really have to do that?”

 

Seokjin only nodded.

 

“Fuschia-loving assertive throat?” Hoseok squeaked, stepping away from Yoongi while he desperately tried to cover his throat. “I don’t even like fuchsia!”

 

“Then please explain the several fuschia tights I found in your closet last week,”

 

“For the last time, they were magenta!”

 

The two other adults in the room gave each other questioning glances.

 

“Don’t ask,” said Yoongi. “Really, you don’t want to know.”

 

“Uncle Hoseok! Uncle Yoongi!” Jungkook ran to his two uncles with a huge grin on his face. He opened his arms wide and hugged Yoongi’s legs first then Hoseok’s.

 

“Oh, he’s so adorable!” Hoseok squealed again. He picked the three-year-old up and started running around the house with Jungkook laughing loudly.

 

“We’re adorable too!” The twins chorused. Yoongi chuckled and hugged them both.

 

“Of course you are, kiddos,”

 

“Oh, uncles, did I show you my body-rolling yet?” Jimin asked.

 

“What?”

 

“Jimin, go to your room.”

 

“What--no!  I just wanted to show my amazing body-rolls!”

 

“Jimin, I think you should listen to eomma,” Taehyung advised.

 

“It’s ‘appa!’”

 

“Eomma!”

 

“Appa!”

 

Eomma.

 

Appa.

 

“You have a very interesting family,” Yoongi commented. Namjoon looked at his family - Jungkook now on Hoseok's shoulders, giggling nonstop. Taehyung and Jimin still arguing about who was 'eomma' and who was 'appa' and Seokjin, who was grinning from ear to ear - and smiled softly.

 

Sure, Jungkook could be a pain sometimes, Jimin had an obnoxious obsession with body-rolling and Taehyung was a doe-eyed, naive little boy and sure, Seokjin was a sassy, pink-addicted Princess... But this was his family and he wouldn't have it any other way.

 

He locked eyes with Seokjin and his grin widened.

 

"Interesting is one word to describe them...," Namjoon said.

 

"And lovable is another." Seokjin finished.

 

~X~

 

AUTHOR'S EXTREMELY LONG (I'm sorrryyyyy) NOTE:

 

Hello! I hope you enjoyed the story~!

 

I'd just like to say some words regarding the... events that have happened in these last few days.

 

The boys don't deserve this and what happened and the death threats and the hate... It's going too far. I understand that what Namjoon said was offensive and he should've chosen his words more carefully but this is just crazy now. Let's not pretend like we don't make mistakes like this either. Let's not pretend like we're saints.

 

Let's continue to love and support BTS with all our hearts. Let's continue to be the hard-working ARMYs we are for our hard-working boys.

 

Here's a way you can show your support:

 

uvl7KYFpVuE1cEls-Ej3mFd0GXw0sT9hnW2CR1Ww

 

Hwaiting BTS! Hwaiting ARMY! HWAITING!

 

Thanks for reading~! Comments are very much appreciated!