Y

Y (one-shot)

(Kwon Cherry’s POV)

“Neomu saranghae (I love you).” The line he said kept replaying in my head. I knew he loved me to bits, but did he even stop to consider my feelings for him too? I apparently did not love him back. Not like totally hate him, it’s just that, he was just….not ready for love….at least that’s how I feel. I’m only 15 and he’s already 18, I’m not prepared for any lovey-dovey things. I warned him already, but oh well, he just wouldn’t listen. Oh wait, I forget to tell you guys who my so-called “prince charming” is, Lee Donghae.

As he interlocked his hand with mine again, I rolled my eyes and reluctantly held his back as the two of us walked to a café to have a quick drink.

“Ok, I’m going to break up with him, it’s final.” I thought as we entered the café.

I really couldn’t stand him anymore, it’s getting annoying. I sipped my coffee slowly, while hearing him go on and on about where we should go for our next date and what not. Ugh, stupid jerk…..

“Donghae, stop for a while.” I interrupted him.

“Oh, what is it?” H e stopped and asked me.

“Let’s break up, I warned you not to be too lovey-dovey around me and you didn’t listen. So there, we’re over.” ‘With that last line, I stood up, left my untouched coffee on the table and walked home.

(Donghae’s POV)

Did she just say…. Break up? But, I thought, she loved me?

Stupid fish, she said break up

Was she joking? She didn’t right? She wouldn’t do such a thing right.

She did it already, just get over with it

Tears welled up in my eyes, what she said, she really meant it? Was this a dream? Am I sleeping?

“I warned you not to be lovey-dovey around me and you didn’t listen”

It kept replaying, it seemed as thought it was only a recording, it was fake. But it was real. Now, tears already flowed down my pale cheeks. It’s all my fault! I was such a fool, I should’ve known. That girl was only 15, she wouldn’t want to take a relationship that far. Aish, why didn’t I think? I just lost someone whom I dearly loved. It’s all my fault, why did I have to be so romantic? Aish.

I dragged my feet back to the dorm. When I entered, I think the members could sense that something bad happened. Eunhyuk ran up to me and pulled me into a tight hug.

“Care to tell me what happened?”

Just thinking about the incident made tears well up in my eyes and soon, they were flowing down my face once again.

“In… our… ro…om.” I choked.

Eunhyuk held my hand as we made our way to the room we shared. When we got in, he repeated his question again.

“Ho…w do… you…..de…al…. with…a…bre…ak….up…?” I managed to stutter.

I saw his eyes widen for a while before saying.

“Bre..ak up?”

I knew he was clearly shocked. I sighed, letting my tears flow down without wiping them. Crying out pain always works right? Anyway, I explained to him why Cherry (my girlfriend) broke up with me.

“Well, she is still young…. Why don’t you wait for a while, go back to her and ask for her forgiveness. But of course, this time treating her right, the way she likes it.” He told me.

Still in a daze over the breakup, I just nodded my head slightly.

(Kwon Cherry’s POV)

“IDIOT FISH!!” I screamed as I flung my pillow across the room. I should not have even accepted his date the last time, it was just purely a waste of my precious time. I noticed that I was still wearing the necklace he gave me on our first date. Pulling it off my neck, I flung it into the bin, causing it to break. Believe it or not, I felt like killing that idiot at that moment, but I knew better.

“AISH!!” I screamed. He better be grateful that he did not steal my first kiss, I would have probably killed him. WAIT!! Why the heck am I still thinking about him??!! This is just idiotic. I need to freaking move on! As I stared at the ticking clock, it struck me that I was almost late for my work! I immediately changed and ran out of the house and into the café I worked in.

“Annyeonghasaeyo Jung ki sshi. ” I greeted my friend who worked at the café with me.

“Annyeong dongseang.” He greeted me cheerfully as usual and ruffled my already messed up hair.

So I begin my daily routine of work, momentarily putting away any thoughts about Dognhae. However, I’ll always, somehow think of him at least once a day. I didn’t get it, wasn’t my brain over our relationship? Yes, my brain was, but for my heart, it wasn’t the end yet. My heart told me that I made a big mistake to break up with him and I should apologise and go back to him. It told me that me and Donghae were meant to be together. Now, I’m a lost and confused girl.

After, my work, I dragged my feet home and laid on my bed. Something felt missing from me. Oh right, Donghae again. Suddenly, my phone rang, as I looked at the caller ID, I sighed. Should I answer his call? Pondering over the decision, I reluctantly pressed the reject button.

(Donghae’s POV)

She really hates me huh? Well, blame myself for being so cheesy and lovey dovey all the time. But still, I couldn’t bear to let her go. I was really sorry and I wanted her back. Sure I know she probably hates me a lot but I still need her to know that I’m sorry. I typed a quick message to her. It read: Will you forgive me? Please think twice. Think again, I won’t let go at this moment. Making you cry is because of my stupidness. Letting you go is because I am lacking in many ways. Please forgive me who wanted to forget you, please, so I can breathe again (the message is from the lyrics of Super Junior’s Y). As I pressed the ‘send’ button, tears started rolling down my cheeks. Losing Cherry hurt and it was all my fault.

(Narrator’s POV)

Upon receiving Donghae’s text message, Cherry just sighed, his message was plain cheesy as usual. Not that she didn’t like it, she was just surprised that Donghae hasn’t changed since the breakup. What she expected was that a guy to change his ways after a break up if he desperately wanted the girl back. Does it mean that Donghae didn’t love her anymore? She questioned herself. But there was still the same feeling inside her, the one which told her that she should return to Donghae. Being a stubborn girl, she didn’t listen to her heart but chose to listen to her brain instead. Before she even expected it, she found herself a new guy.

Once when Donghae was heading off to a schedule, he caught sight of Cherry with another guy. He felt his heart shatter into a million pieces, choking back on his tears, he just tuned the volume of his MP4 player louder and closed his eyes, a tear sliding down his cheek.

‘She really doesn’t love me anymore?’ He wondered, another tear sliding down his cheek.

Trying to get her back desperately, Donghae wrote another message to her, sending it through the mail this time. It read: “I wish I had known you were going to leave me earlier. This departure has no difference from the pain which could cause me death right now. As the time passes, I still can’t let you go. Letting you go is just too much for me to bear.” Sealing the envelope tight, Donghae mailed it to Cherry, hoping she would at least read it.

(Cherry’s POV)

I received mail. From my ex-boyfriend, no wait he is my ex ex-boyfriend. Well I dumped the other guy I was dating cause I just found out that he was plainly using me. So now, I might as well live the rest of my life as a loner. As I read throught the mail, my eyes became teary. Donghae was really hurt that much by my departure? Slowly, memories of our relationship flooded through my head. A wave of guilt hit me. During that time, Donghae was always being very caring to me, always looking out for me. And what did I do in return? Nothing. Not even a sincere “thank you” or a smile. Nothing. Donghae probably knew, but he still treated me as though I meant the whole world to him, and I didn’t care at all.

I ransacked through my thick pile of clothes and found a recent photo of me and Donghae. The two of us were seated on a bench, smiling. However, Donghae’s smile was sincere, mine was clearly a fake. It was only slightly pulled up at a corner while Donghae’s one was a wide grin. I sighed, I broke someone who loved me dearly, all those messages he wrote to me… maybe he was telling how he truly felt…. Maybe, he wanted me back. I picked up my phone and dialed a number. After a minute or so on the phone, she hung up and told herself “I’ve done it”

The next day, around 1.15pm…..

(Donghae’s POV)

The wall clock read 1.15pm, it was almost time to meet someone. I quickly got myselfed dressed into a white tank top and wore a green checkered jacket (I don’t know how to describe it, look at the picture) and wore a cap before heading out to the meeting place.

http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/10900000/donghae-super-junior-or-elf-10927561-442-604.jpg

I arrived outside the café, the same one where Cheery broke up with me. I scanned the place for any familiar figure and spotted her near the phone booth. I walked up to her and tapped her on the shoulder. “Cherry…. I” I stared but was being cut off by her.

“Listen Donghae, I came her to say sorry. I’m sorry for breaking up with you, I was in the wrong, and if you would give me another chance, I would love to be your girlfriend again.”

Her words stunned me. She said that she wanted to be my girlfriend again?

“I know you’re probably in shock now but I mean what I said.”

“Cherry, I’m sorry too, I shouldn’t have been so lovey dovey to you.”

“So does that means we can date again?” She asked, looking at me with hopeful eyes.

“Neh, saranghae” I pulled her into a kiss

“Saranghae” She mumbled.

Pulling away, the two of us smiled at each other, looking like complete fools as we walked with our hands interwined down the street.