Final

Good Morning

Taemin woke up slowly, becoming aware the moment the warm sun touched his face through the window. He smiled a bit, snuggling closer into his blankets. He had no schedule and was free to do as he pleased. After promotions for Odd, he was feeling a bit worn out even though they ended a while ago. His body was still heavy from the deep sleep he had been in, anyway, so he felt it was best to indulge himself a bit more. The members would wake him up if they wanted him, so with that in mind, he focused on the warmth and quickly fell back into sleep.

 

When he next awoke, it was to a sudden, loud clatter that had him making an undignified squeak and jumping high off the bed. His heart pounded from the sudden scare out of sleep, and he looked towards the closed door. Jonghyun had already gotten out of bed, so it was probably well into the morning and the others were likely awake.

“Yah, Taemin is still asleep! What are you doing?!” He heard Key yell, and then a chorus of “Shh!” Taemin giggled, closing his eyes and relaxing his face as though he was still asleep when he heard Jonghyun’s light footsteps approach their room. The older carefully crept over, praying the noise hadn’t woken up the other. He stood over the maknae for a few seconds, taking in his angelic appearance. His now natural-brown hair was fanned out over his face, eyes closed and skin looking as soft as ever. His “son’s” few acne scars on his cheek made the singer stifle a laugh- He thought it was endearing. The youngest’s chest rose up and down steadily, and once he was satisfied that Taemin was asleep, he left the room.

Taemin shifted, blushing. He’d felt Jonghyun staring at him again, and it always made him shy. He put his hands on his cheeks to cool the burning, smiling again. His hyungs really cared for him and it made him happy. He sat up, yawning and cracking his back. His sleep had been nice and fulfilling, and he felt energetic and ready to face the beautiful day. He walked over to the desk he shared with Jonghyun, grabbing the English learning book. The younger knew that they wanted time, so instead he would study carefully. He flipped the book to halfway through.

“I cannot believe that this happened. What do I do?”

He inspected the sentence carefully.

“I can-not belieshe that th-thish hwa-ptended. Wha do I do?” He tried, scrunching up his face. No, that wasn’t right. He tried it a few more times, before shaking his head and trying a few more different ones before giving up. He put the book somewhere on the bed, crossing his arms. What to do? He couldn’t leave his room just yet. He picked up his phone and turned it on, a bi unprepared for all of his notifications. His parents, his brothers, the entireyy of EXO, his normal, non-idol friends, f(x), Super Junior, Girls Generation, Infinite, Apink, coworkers and fans, everyone had sent him messages, even Minho’s brother. He replied to as many as he could before his eyes started to hurt at the strain of focusing on the small screen’s artificial light. He set the machine down, rubbing at his eyes. Surely they were done by now?

Apparently not, as no one had gotten him. Maybe they were waiting for him to wake up and leave the room on his own? Everything had gotten quiet while he was replying, so maybe they were waiting. With that in mind, the maknae got up, running his hand through his hair. He really needed to dye it again soon- He felt his natural color didn’t suit him any longer. He opened the door quietly and shut it loudly, just to alert the others in case they weren’t ready. No movement was heard but he padded to the bathroom, just in case- That, and he really had to pee. Once he finished his business, he washed his face with lukewarm water- On Key’s “expert” advice, of course. He brushed his teeth with care, and sprayed cologne and making his hair look presentable…Ish before he walked out, deciding he’d given the members enough time. He shut the door a little louder than necessary once again, and walked to the living room, body tight in anticipation. When he arrived, he was not disappointed.

Aqua and white streamers swooped from the ceilings, paper lanterns hanging down low. Confetti and balloons covered the room. Little knickknacks were sitting on the tables and counters, and the fridge was covered in picture magnets of person pictures of the band and himself. On the table there was a “Happy 22nd Birthday” centerpiece in white and purple. The table itself had a whole bunch of pictures of Taemin at various ages taped to it. Also on the table was mountains of pancakes, fruit, and- Much to his surprise- Meat. The members were sitting on the couch, smiling at him. If the shocked face that was quickly transforming into a smile meant anything, they were pretty sure that he liked it. Minho stood up first, pulling Taemin into a hug and kissing the top of his head.

“Good morning, Taeminnie,” He smiled, and the other members talked up to him, wishing him a good morning as well. Taemin still seemed to be in a bit of shock and Kibum giggled, sitting him down in a chair and making him a plate. He placed three cartons of banana milk in front of his theoretical son, before distributing food for the others. Taemin’s mind finally seemed to catch up with him and he smiled with happiness that shone brighter than them on any stage. He stood up and bowed deeply.

“Thank you so much!” He held back tears. It had been a while since someone had done so much for his birthday. Key tutted, shaking his head.

“Get back up and eat, Tae. The food will get cold,” He reprimanded, telling Taemin in his own way that it was okay. The youngest smiled again and began to tear into his food. Key’s cooking was always they best.

Key even “forgot” to mention to Taemin to close his mouth when he eats.