Abweichung

Heimweh

They just finished filming the fifth episode of Real GOT7 season three when Jaebum discreetly approaches Mark "Hey, do you think Jackson seemed off today? He was so quiet." 

In retrospect, Mark had indeed noticed how Jackson seemed a lot more closed off lately. Where he would usually endlessy bother Mark with questions, Jackson now listened to music and went to bed without really acknowledging him.

Besides Jaebum and himself, none of the other members seemed to notice the abnormalities in Jackson's behaviour, but ever since Jaebum had asked him about it, Mark couldn't help, but pay even more attention to Jackson than usual.

At first Mark thought it's just Jackson dealing with the excessive amount of stress they have to endure because of their comeback, but the more he tries to read Jackson's behaviour, the more it seems like there's a deep sadness within Jackson that has nothing to do with their comeback.

Jackson only smiles on broadcasts these days and still even their fans have noticed that Jackson just doesn't seem like his flamboyant self lately.

Jackson doesn't seem to get better with time (and their vacation), if anything he seems to be getting worse. So Mark decides it's his duty as a friend to try and talk to Jackson. The only problem being that Mark really isn't any good at talking, but he's hoping that being a pretty good listener will be enough in this case.

They get back from filming another Real GOT7 episode and Mark decides this is as good a time as any. They have freetime tomorrow and Jackson and him share a hotel room on a different floor than the other members, which is pretty convenient for his cause.

Mark knows their leader tried to talk to Jackon before, but Jaebum told him that Jackson just shrugged off the leaders concern and avoided confrontation altogether.

Mark and Jackson walk back to their room in silence, which alone is super awkward for Mark and certainly would never have happened a few weeks ago.

They get ready for bed in silence as well and Mark isn't sure how to start, so when they're both already laying in their beds and Jackson asks him to turn off the light, instead of doing so, Mark asks "Why have you been acting so weird for the past few weeks?" Jackson as expected doesn't answer the question "I haven't been acting any weirder than normal...I'm just a little stressed." He tries to smile and it looks so much of a weird grimace that Mark gets out of his and sits down on the edge of Jackson's bed to be closer to him and counters "Come on, dude! You haven't been yourself lately; you hardly eat, talk or smile, you're tired all the time and just generally seem extremely absent."

Jackson's posture slumps a little and he responds in a silent, choked voice "I didn't want you guys to notice, I don't want to bring you down, I know I haven't been the moodmaker recently, but I just couldn't be that carefree and happy. I'm sorry, if I'm a burden for you." 

"Of course you're not a burden for us, I'm just worried about you, man. What happened?" Mark asks, a look of deep concern written all over his face.

"It's stupid... Nothing really happened, I've just felt kinda alone recently, which sound weird, because I live with six other guys, but I dunno. I guess I just miss my mom and not having to do everything, every chore by myself. I miss taking care of her when she was sick and I miss her taking care of me, cooking and stuff, you know? I just really miss the warmth of my family and home." Jackson stumbles over his words a little, but Mark gets him, he misses his family like crazy too, but he's never felt constantly down because of his homesickness.

Jackson's just sitting in his bed, waiting for Mark to say something, looking down at his hands in his lap.

But Mark can't comfort well with words, so he goes to turn the light off, climbs under the covers of Jackson's bed and holds him close.

Mark can't make out Jackson's features clearly in the darkness, but he hears little sniffling noises, so he just hugs Jackson tighter and gently shushes him.

When Mark wakes up, Jackson is sprawled all over him, so he doesn't get up in order for his friend to sleep a little longer.

Jackson's head is lying on Mark's chest and as the older one reaches out to gently the smaller boy's bleached hair, he suddenly thinks how oddly intimate this position is, almost like lovers, waking up after a night together.

The thought gets lost as his left arm, which is currently trapped under Jackson's muscular body, starts to fall asleep.

He pulls his arm free as gently as he can, but Jackson wakes up anyways, eyes swollen from crying, blinking sleepily "What time is it?" 

Mark reaches for his phone on the nightstand between Jackson's bed and Mark's unused one and shows Jackson th time.

"Ahgh, we have no schedule today, it's way to early to be up." Jackson complains.

Mark chuckles lightly and starts running his fingers through Jackson's hair again "Go back to sleep then." he murmurs softly.

Jackson's snuggles closer to him, yawns and closes his eyes again. "By the way" he whispers with his eyes still closed "Thank you."