Kris - Strange Feelings

Exo One Shots & Imagines (Requests Open)

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Wow an Author's Note before the story!! Anywayssss, this story is pretty similar to the last requested story with Kyungsoo. I hated the way I wrote that request so I decided to create a new story but input some of the ideas. I like this a bit better but idk, its for you to decide.

Enjoy and please leave feedback if you can!! :)

Now carry on with the story....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Hi Kris!” You cheerfully smile as you see Kris coming near you with his friends.

“Hey Y/N.” He gives you a forced smile before walking away, leaving you confused. You and Kris are really good friends but lately he’s been acting a bit strangely. In fact he’s been cancelling all plans with you for the past 3 weeks. There seems to be a wall forming between you two and you didn’t like it at all.

“Is there something happening between you two?” You’re friend Amber asks right as soon as he’s out of earshot.

“Yeah, come to think of it, you’re always with us nowadays. Don’t get me wrong, we’re not mad about that, but it’s unusual.” Sujaane adds, nodding along.

You sigh and turn to your concerned friends, “In all honesty, I don’t know. I know there’s something off about our friendship. I just don’t know what.”

By now, you three are near the park since school was done for the day.

“We need to figure this out.” Amber enthusiastically pulls you to the bench. It’s become a tradition, when one of you are upset you have these talks at the park.

You spend the rest of the evening talking it out but neither Amber nor Sujaane had a clue as to the sudden change of the friendship.

“Did you argue about anything?”

“…No.”

You all let out a frustrated groan and you stand up, “We’re not getting anywhere.”

“I’ve got an idea but I’m not sure if it would work.” Sujaane speaks up, “I’ll ask Tao to bring Kris somewhere tomorrow. Thank god it’s a Friday. You’ll have the perfect chance to talk to him.”

“What?”

“Amber and Henry can make an excuse to leave somewhere together and so will  Tao and I.” Her idea starts to make sense and you nod, surprised about it.

“Okay tomorrow at Tao’s house. 2 pm, we’ll tell Kris that we’ll have a movie marathon.”

“Perfect.” You smile, you won’t let Kris break off the friendship without an explanation.

--------------Time Skip to the day-------------

“Babe, Kris said he’ll be here in a bit.” Tao pokes his head in to inform Sujaane.

“Okay Y/N, this is your chance. Ask him everything. I’m sorry to say this but you look half-dead without talking to him.” Sujaane pets your head comfortingly and you roll your eyes. It’s true, you didn’t realize how much you enjoyed being his…friend. Of course you’d rather be more since it seemed like you fall for him even more after each conversation but for now you’ll take his friendship.

“Henry go out and greet him.” Amber pushes Henry out the door and you laugh. Amber and Henry were best friends before dating and you subconsciously hope to end up like them some day. That is, if Kris breaks down this strange wall that’s been put between you two recently.

The rest of the afternoon goes by pretty smoothly. As soon as Kris arrived at Tao’s house, Henry and Tao brought him up to the room where you were. Sujaane and Amber both sat on the other side of you, leaving a wide seat for Kris. Much to all of your disappointments, Kris ended up sitting near the other side of the room.
An hour passed and you both hadn’t said anything to each other, although he seemed to be communicating with Sujaane and Amber quite fine. An hour was the discussed time where Amber and Henry would leave.

“Oh Amber, remember our plans for tonight?” Henry gets up.

“Oh yeah, I guess we’ll need to leave now. Bye guys.” Amber gives a quick wave before running out. Way to be subtle.

With Amber and Henry gone, the room became a bit emptier. Sujaane makes her way over to Tao so that nobody would be sitting between you and Kris. You both look at the empty space between you two but neither of you make a move.

“Uh babe can you come make coffee with me? I forgot how to make coffee.” Tao speaks up loudly to Sujaane and you cringe. Both Henry and Tao are making it so obvious, if Kris doesn’t understand he must be an idiot.

“Of course. Be right back guys!” Sujaane says, pulling Tao out with her.

“Feel free to converse while we’re gone!” You hear Tao call out to you guys and you can already imagine the lecture he’ll get from her.

Laughing you turn to Kris, you can’t let it get awkward. Nope.

“So…” You trail off, making sure the smile didn’t leave your face.

He gives you another forced smile before pulling out his phone. You patiently wait for a few minutes, hoping to bring everything up after he’s done checking whatever he wanted to check. You start to lose your patience and you decide to crawl over to where Kris is sitting. When you’re directly in front of him you see him glance at you before looking away and that’s when you lose it. You grab his phone and look at it to find out that he’s been texting Tao.

Kris: Why’d you leave me with her?
Tao: I need coffee hyung.
Kris: That’s complete bull.
Kris: I hate you for this.

You start to shake in anger and Kris visibly looks intimidated. His eyed widen as he has an unsure look on his face. You secretly found it adorable but this situation certainly wasn’t.

“Okay Wu Yifan.” You start, you don’t call him Wu Yifan unless you’re extremely mad, “I don’t know what happened but you owe me an explanation. Our friendship was fine until you began acting this way, 3 weeks ago. Did I say something? Did I do something? I’m tired of acting like it doesn’t affect me. You’re one of my good friends, I love being friends with you. But you certainly seem like you don’t. I won’t let you break off this friendship until you give me a valid reason.”

Kris stays quiet even when you’re done, which angers you even more.

“Fine. Nice chat. Bye.” You feel so upset, but don’t know what to say. You suppose it wouldn’t hurt as much if you didn’t have feelings for this guy. But unfortunately you did and now you’re not even friends.

You get up with your things, preparing to leave when you hear Kris shuffle behind you. You don’t bother turning around and start to walk towards the door when you feel his hand on you wrist. He pulls you back inside and you end up against the wall.

“You did do something.” He’s looking into your eyes, which he hasn’t done in so long. You wanted to reply, to ask him what he’s talking about but feeling his body so close to yours leaves you breathless.

“I don’t-“

“Of course you don’t Y/N. How would you? You always act the way you do, you always make me fall for you even more but at the end of the day you wouldn’t even return my feelings. Do you know how hard this is for me? I didn’t even realize you made me fall for you until 3 weeks ago.” Your mind slows down, trying to process what he said but he continues. “I’ve been so empty without you Y/N. But you always seem cheerful when you greet me in the halls. You’ve never seemed disappointed when I cancelled our plans. You didn’t need me as much as I needed you. This isn’t fair.” He takes a step closer, breathing hard.

“You’re an idiot.”

“What?” Startled he takes a step back and you use this opportunity to advance.

“You’re an idiot Wu Yifan. You’re an idiot if you truly believe that. You’re the one that breaks my heart constantly. You charm me every single day but all you wanted was friendship. You made me feel special but you began to form a wall between us. You kept shooting me down every single time I tried. I’ve been dead without you , let alone ‘empty’. You made an unnecessary wall form between us and yet you’re blaming this on me. That isn’t fair.”

You finish your rant and look away, feeling a blush form in your cheeks. Did you just admit your feelings to him?

“You know what?” Kris finally speaks up.

“What?” You keep your head turned away since you didn’t want him to see you in this flustered state.

You feel his hand gently lift your chin up to face him and his gaze locks with yours, “You’re right Y/N. I’m sorry. I’m an idiot. But I’m an idiot that likes you.”

He chuckles at the end and you start to smile.

“I like your smile. I like talking to you. I miss you. And I want you to be my girlfriend.”

You bite your lower lip before you reply, trying to collect your thoughts, “Thank you. Thank you. Me too. And…of cou-“

Kris cuts you off with his lips and you immediately freeze. He wraps his strong arms around your waist and pulls you in closer. Slowly you start to move your lips against his, relishing in the taste of him. You melt into the kiss and pour your emotions into it. Your frustration, your confusion and your happiness. The kiss starts to get more passionate and you unwillingly break away.

A few seconds pass and you manage to catch your breath, “Tao wouldn’t be happy to see that happening in his room.”

“You’re right.” You both turn your heads to see both Tao and Sujaane smirking.

“But we’re glad you two are back to normal. Well… you made a few changes to your relationship but at least we won’t see dead Kris or Y/N anymore.” Sujaane’s words bring a smile to both of your faces and he reaches out to hold your hand. Looking down you see your hands intertwined and silently thank god.

So much can happen in 5 minutes, but you’re glad it did.