Chapter 2

Boys Love Twist

Chanyeol was wrecked when he sat at the table he and his friends always had lunch at.

Baekhyun didn’t bother to sit down at the table, Kyungsoo had taken him away to eat somewhere outside in the beautiful weather.

“Dude, Kyungsoo told me Baekhyun confessed to you.”, Kai started with a sly grin decorating his face.

“Don’t wanna talk about that.”, he replied coldly, in hope, Kai would let go of that topic but as always, bratty Kai had to know everything.

“Don’t start like this now. So it’s true what Kyungsoo told me, that you rejected him.”, his voice suddenly changed to a serious tone and Chanyeol knew this wasn’t going to end good for him.

“Yeah.”

“Why the hell did you do that?!”, he exclaimed, surprising other people around them and drawing the attention of them to the two boys sitting alone at the table. Kai grinned apologetically and the others were looking away from them.

“Kai, you don’t know how hard it is for me to-“

“To what? In which way is it hard to actually try?! Baekhyun has it hard right now! You’re so selfish Chanyeol. What bad thing could possibly happen to just try a relationship with Baekhyun? Dude, he suffered so much because of you.”, Kai shook his head in disappointment.

“What? Why did he suffer?”

Kai rolled his eyes in disbelief.

“You, because of you! Don’t you remember the days you brought that little with you at the table? Don’t you remember how you always kissed her in front of us? Don’t you remember how you always told Baekhyun everything about her? How you ed her?! Think about it Yeol! Won’t that hurt you to death if you were the one enduring all of that?!”, Kai was angry. He was disappointed in his friend for hurting Baekhyun this much. He had recognized Baekhyuns change over the time and he was seriously worried about his friend because he had gotten skinnier and whenever he wanted to make Baekhyun smile again just a little bit and he lifted him in the air to spin him around, he noticed how the tiny boy was lighter every time he did so. He was happy to see Baekhyun smile for even a few seconds when he tried to cheer him up but he let Kyungsoo do the work of petting him whenever he cried. He would leave the two of them alone and wait for Kyungsoos call to tell him everything was alright again. Well, nothing was alright but at least Baekhyun didn’t cry anymore. Truth to be told, he was relieved when Chanyeol found his ex cheating with someone else. Nevertheless, he felt sorry for Chanyeol but Baekhyun had become more important to him over the time and he was more worried about their tiny friend than Chanyeol. He was so happy when Baekhyun finally smiled a sincere smile again, for the first time in so long. That Baekhyun wasn’t so broken anymore was an advantage to him too because he had cut down his time he spent with Kyungsoo alone, knowing that Baekhyuns safety was more important than a date with Kyungsoo. He always waited for Kyungsoos call patiently and it became a habit that Kyungsoo slept over at Baekhyuns. He was happy to have Kyungsoo all to himself again after such a long time almost without him. Honestly, he wasn’t fond of the idea that Kyungsoo would spend days away from him, again, like he had done a year ago but what could he do if Chanyeol was being a jerk? Baekhyun was a cute boy and he obviously cared a lot for Chanyeol, Kai was angry that the giant never realized that Baekhyun cared so much that he would spend his days with Chanyeol and listen to the taller and his ramblings about his girlfriend instead of having fun with Kyungsoo and him. Often, he offered the boy to tag along with him and Kyungsoo for a swim in the pool or eating ice cream with them. Baekhyun always declined and spent his time with Chanyeol.

Chanyeols eyes widened slightly and he looked down in his lap. Kai sighed satisfied, he finally pushed a handle inside his head to make him think.

Or not.

“Why would he listen to me if it hurt him this much?”

Kai broke down.

“Because he is in love with you! You’d do the same to the person you are in love with! Damn, why are you so dumb?!”, Kai couldn’t do this any longer. He stood up and left Chanyeol without another word.

He went outside the building to search for Kyungsoo and Baekhyun. He found them sitting on the grass in the sun. Slowly, he approached them and crouched down in front of them, smiling when they looked surprised.

“How did it go?”, Kyungsoo asked.

Baekhyun looked from Kyungsoo to Kai and back to Kyungsoo, confused.

“He’s a jerk, he doesn’t understand everything at all. It’ll be a hard battle.”, Kai sighed.

“What are you talking about?”, Baekhyun asked.

“I took you away from that table and Kai had a talk with Chanyeol, regarding you. Apparently, Chanyeol behaved like an .”, Kyungsoo explained shortly.

“Why did you do that?!”, Baekhyun yelled in panic, scooting away from them, “He’s never gonna talk to me again! Why did you do that?! He’s going to think that I’m desperate and a psycho person! Why did you make everything even worse as it was already?!”, he exclaimed, tears stinging in his eyes, “I thought you were gonna help me”, he sobbed and stood up, leaving flabbergasted and shocked Kyungsoo and Kai back on the ground.

“Baekhyun, wait!”, Kai was the first to find his voice again, standing up and running after Baekhyun.

Baekhyun didn’t stop, ran as fast as he could but still, he was too slow for Kai and the taller caught up with him quickly, grabbing his wrist and pulling him back harshly, locking him in his arms before he could escape again. He held him tightly during his struggles to get free and eventually, Baekhyun just cried and turned around in his arms to grab his shirt tightly between his fists, crying in his shoulder.

“Shh, Baek, stop crying.”, he whispered and ran his hand up and down the smallers back, the other locked around his waist tightly to prevent him from running away. Eventually, he calmed down and Kyungsoo approached them shyly, starting to pet his friends head softly.

“Baekkie, I’m sorry we did this but I wanted him to understand and think about it. Maybe he’ll realize and try to have you as a boyfriend. I’m sorry. If he’s never gonna talk to you again, you are allowed to beat me up until I’m blue and green. And then I’ll send Kai to beat Chanyeol up until he is blue and green. Don’t cry anymore, we’ll always be your friends and we’ll always be with you when you need us.

Baekhyun sniffled softly and pushed Kai a little to tell him to let go. Kai did and immediately, Baekhyun was in Kyungsoos arms, hugging him tightly. He giggled a little and a relieved smile flew over Kyungsoos lips.

 

The days started again. The days where Kyungsoo was there for Baekhyun and slept over at his, in fear Baekhyun could do something to harm himself. Kai knew that Baekhyun needed Kyungsoo but he couldn’t stop being a little selfish sometimes and ask Kyungsoo to stay in bed with him when he wanted to get up and head to Baekhyun. Kyungsoo always refused and left shortly after, saying he was afraid for Baekhyun to do something. He knew he was broken.

Still, it wasn’t as often as when Chanyeol had his girlfriend. Nevertheless, Kyungsoo somehow had more fear for Baekhyun than ever before.

Kyungsoo decided it couldn’t go on like this anymore. Two weeks had passed since Chanyeol rejected Baekhyun and he had become his gloomy self again. Kyungsoo took all his courage together and stood in front of Chanyeols door one day, determined to make Baekhyun happy again. Chanyeols eyes widened when he opened the door to see Kyungsoo standing there with a stern gaze.

“Kyungsoo.”

“Hello Chanyeol.”

“What do you want?”

“Can I come in?”

Chanyeol didn’t move an inch for a few moments before stepping aside and letting Kyungsoo slip in his house before he closed the door behind him. Kyungsoo sat down on the sofa in the living room, showing Chanyeol to sit down, too.

“I came to have the talk with you.”, Kyungsoo started firmly.

“So?”, Chanyeol replied half-heartedly.

Kyungsoo was fuming. He was boiling with anger right now.

“Chanyeol. I’ll do you an offer. Either you start dating Baekhyun and make him happy, maybe you’ll fall in love with him. If not, it’s okay. You still tried. Or you at least take care of him properly. You are his best friend for gods sake! You are supposed to be there for him, not me. You don’t even know how often I already slept over at his in fear he would harm himself if I let him alone for the night. I don’t know if he hurt himself already but he is terribly broken, Chanyeol. I recommend you to think wisely about what you’re doing to your best friend.”, Kyungsoo exhaled, he needed to hold back because if he wouldn’t he was going to rip Chanyeol in pieces, scratch his eyes out and rip every of his limbs off of him.

He saw Chanyeol was thinking.

“I’m gonna rip your head off if you continue to ignore him.”, he said threateningly.

“Okay. I’ll try to take care of him. I needed some time to think myself and I actually wanted to apologize to him. Thank you for giving me the last kick. I’ll try to take care of him and make him smile. I hope he’ll forgive me.”, Chanyeol sighed sadly.

“Believe me, he wants nothing else than you by his side. He’d be happy with you just looking at him again. I hope you really thought about it because he is broken and he doesn’t deserve any more pain.”, Kyungsoo smiled.

“I’m sorry for what I did to him.”, Chanyeol sniffled and Kyungsoo actually saw tears in his eyes, “It was just so sudden… She made me feel insecure and I don’t think I’m capable of loving anybody anymore. Baekhyun was just was so sudden. I’ve never thought about him as a possible boyfriend. I want to try it. I hope I can forget my insecurities with him. I want him to feel good again. I saw how sad he became but I was just not brave enough to apologize. Please give me some time.”, he said sincerely and Kyungsoo saw determination and honesty in his eyes.

“Chanyeol, I didn’t know what was going on and I’m sorry for being selfish over Baekhyun, I just wanted his happiness. I bet he can help you lose your insecurities.”, Kyungsoo smiled and patted the tallers knee, “Go and get him for yourself.”

Chanyeol smiled and stood up from the sofa.

“Thank you very much, Kyungsoo. I’ll go and talk to him. Right now.”

Kyungsoo chuckled and got up, leaving the house with Chanyeol in tow.

 


 

Here is the second chapter.

I'm sorry, I didn't wanted to make this whole story so sad but it just came with the flow...

I kinda like them suffering and then loved endlessly *hides*

Tell me your opinion?

Thanks to fujoshi100 for some kind of inspiration *blows kisses and rainbows*