Chapter 1

Boys Love Twist

Baekhyun and Chanyeol have always been best friends.

Until the day everything changed.

 

Chanyeol had found a letter in his locker that asked him to come to the schools garden. Baekhyun had kindly nodded and left, approving of the words the taller had received. Chanyeol was excited to be asked out by a girl, hopefully a beautiful girl that would become his girlfriend. He pitied Baekhyun that he didn’t get any letter before. Baekhyun was petite and small, not really the kind of guy to have a special girlfriend, he told himself over and over again when he observed his best friend every now and then. Still, there was some foreign warm feeling pooling inside him whenever he saw the elder smile but he declared it as the huge friendship he shared with Baekhyun, a strong bond connecting them since their birth.

He didn’t think of the consequences of having a girlfriend, neglecting his best friend to spend time with her. He didn’t think of the fact that this was maybe going to hurt Baekhyun really much.

However, his wish for a girlfriend was long settled in his head, feeling the need to have someone cute beside him, not that Baekhyun wasn’t cute but he was it just in a different way, to embrace, to kiss and to make love to.

Baekhyun was always there. Either of them was always hanging at the others house, they were always spending time with each other. He didn’t think it would hurt him as much as it hurt Baekhyun to be separated from him for too long.

By the time he finally found his first girlfriend, he felt like he flew in heaven, on cloud nine. He was happy at first and he couldn’t stop fidgeting in his seat whenever he was with his friends in the cafeteria to have lunch. He was too busy talking about his new girlfriend to notice how Baekhyun had gotten gloomier every day. Especially when Chanyeol brought her with him to their table and she squirmed in her seat, scooting closer to the tall male in attempt to get a few pecks and caresses.

And then he stopped spending his time with Baekhyun and his friends.

Kyungsoo knew from the start that Baekhyun wasn’t happy about Chanyeol having a girlfriend. He was there for him when he needed someone to talk or to lean a shoulder on and Baekhyun appreciated him very much, feeling like he was thrown away, replaced by Chanyeols girlfriend who now took his place. Kyungsoo always calmed him down when he cried for his lost best friend, his first love.

Still, Baekhyun cherished the moments he shared with Chanyeol, where the younger mostly talked about his girlfriend. He was there when Chanyeol needed someone to talk to and Baekhyun gave him piece of advice when something bothered him about his girlfriend.

Chanyeol didn’t see what he was doing to his best friend.

Baekhyun was there when Chanyeol told him about the first time he made love to her and Baekhyun almost cried but held it back, instead releasing everything with Kyungsoo by his side.

Baekhyun was there when Chanyeol had his first fight with her. He secretly felt happy but he locked it inside, showing concern and pity.

Baekhyun was there when Chanyeol was heartbroken. It didn’t took long for Chanyeol to find out his girlfriend was cheating on him with another guy, finding them making out on her bed half . He left and ran for Baekhyun.

Baekhyun was always there.

And he would always be.

Baekhyun soothed his cries while rocking him back and forth softly, rubbing his back slowly to calm him down. Chanyeol clung to him desperately and in their moments of crying for the pain of each other, Chanyeol apologized to him, apologized because he left him for someone who wasn’t even worth of his time. Baekhyun shrugged it off like it wasn’t something necessary to apologize, since he will always be there.

Chanyeol quickly came over her and he started hanging around Baekhyun and his other friends again, here and there leaving comments about how disgusting his ex and her new boyfriend, the one she had cheated with, kissed each other.

Baekhyun became his cheerful self again, spending more time with the younger.

 

A year had passed until now. The day Chanyeol found a letter in his locker. Baekhyun had excused himself for not feeling well, shrugging Chanyeol off who wanted to come with him to stay by his side, make sure he was alright. Chanyeol left him hesitantly with Baekhyuns reassuring smile in his mind before he left for the school garden.

There under a tree, she was standing, alone and nobody else in this place since nobody ever came here.

Upon seeing the back of the tiny girl in front of him, he smiled, walking closer. She was beautiful in every way, even though he just saw her backside. Long silky hair was falling in waves down her shoulders and her back. Her hips were swaying softly while she obviously waited for someone. Knee high socks clad here smooth legs and a short skirt covered just enough of her bum. Chanyeol silently praised the school for their wonderful uniform.

“Umm,” he started, “did you ask me to come here?”

The girl nodded her head and turned just a little.

“I would like you to be my boyfriend.”, she said and turned around completely.

Chanyeol stared, mouth agape.

He did not expect his best friend to stand there in front of him, wearing girls clothes and actually looking cute in them, making many other girls around him blur and stand in the background.

“W-Why”, he exclaimed shocked.

“Chanyeol-“, Baekhyun started but the other cut him off.

“Why the hell are you wearing that?!”

“Because you fall in love with girls, right?”

“Baekhyun?! This is not funny!”

“I am not joking.”

Chanyeols eyes widened upon seeing Baekhyuns honest gaze. He dropped his hands he had rubbed over his face with and let the words sink in his head.

“You’re not joking?”

“No.”

He sighed and shook his head.

“Baekhyun-“

“Please give it a chance. I can dress as a girl if you want. Please consider it. I’m really serious about this. Please give it a try.”, he looked at the younger, almost pleading him to not just leave him.

Chanyeol stared at him, shaking his head slowly.

“No, no I’m definitely not gay. Why should I go out with you? You’re my best friend and you never were more. I’m sorry but I don’t feel love towards you.”, he said, a sad smile on his lips.

Baekhyun shifted on his feet, gaze dropping to the ground.

“Not even a single try?”, he asked and Chanyeol heard his voice breaking.

“Baekhyun…”

“Maybe you’ll find me more appealing than every other girl, maybe you’ll think I’m cute in the way they are cute, maybe you’ll see that my heart never belonged to anybody else than you, maybe you’ll fall in love with me, like I fell for you years ago and maybe I’ll finally get what I was hoping for”, he cried, wiping his eyes with his sleeve to dry his tears.

Chanyeol gaped at him, seeing Baekhyun so sad broke him and he just wanted to hug him tightly. Baekhyun had never cried this much in front of him, he always held his head high and always wore a smile, no matter how bad he was feeling.

“Hey, Baekhyun.”, he reached out to pat his shoulder but his hand was swatted away.

“Don’t touch me!”, Baekhyun yelled and took a step back, “Leave me. I don’t need your pats out of pity. I thought I could get you but I’m just too blind to see that you’re not even willing to try… Please leave me, Chanyeol. It hurts.”

Chanyeol left.

Baekhyun just stood there and cried.

Kyungsoo hurried to him and was there when Baekhyun cried.

“Why can’t he even try? Am I this ugly? Kyungsoo, what should I do? He’ll never talk to me again!”, he sobbed erratically and clawed the hem of his friends shirt tightly.

“Baekhyun, if he doesn’t even want to try, he’s not worth your time and effort. I know this is not what you want to hear but this is the truth. I wish for you to be happy and not sad. Please don’t love him if he’s hurting you.”, Kyungsoo said earnestly.

“I know… I just can’t stop.”

“I’ll help you to forget him.”

“Thank you, Kyungsoo…”

“Get changed, then we’re going to get some ice cream.”, Kyungsoo smiled and Baekhyun laughed shortly, pulling Kyungsoo with him in the building.

 

Chanyeol was stunned. Baekhyun was definitely not ugly, in no way. Why would Baekhyun think that? Why did his sweet best friend fall in love with him? What was there that Baekhyun liked about him? Was there even anything to like about him? His ex-girlfriend had made him insecure, he didn’t love her anymore but still, there was everything she had done to him.

And then it hit him.

Baekhyun had been there. He had always been there for him. Chanyeol gulped upon his realization. He remembered how Baekhyun wore some kind of sadness within him when he talked about her. He remembered how Baekhyun shrugged his apology off, he remembered how he cried with him.

He realized that Baekhyun always must have been in love with him.

“I’m sorry, Baekhyun”, he whispered before he walked away from the tree he had hidden behind while Kyungsoo had been taking care of Baekhyun what normally had been his task to do.

 


 

Hello :D

Since this is the first chapter, I decided to write this as a chaptered fic.

I hope you enjoyed it for the beginning!