Part 3.

Like Never Before.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"W-where are we going?" you managed to ask through your heavy breaths. You glanced up at his back figure, furrowing your eyebrows in confusion when you noticed that he didn't answer, only tightening his grip around your wrist as he pulled you across the tiled floor. 

You felt your breaths grow heavier and heavier as you feet wobbled on. You rested your weight on him as you stumbled behind, but you were never too good with enduring. You crashed against his back and collapsed onto the ground. Through your blurred vision, you saw him kneeling down beside you as his concerned eyes darted around your pale face. 

He turned, making you face his back before commanding you to get on. "W-what?" you croaked as you looked up at him. "Get on, now," he snapped. Obediently, you moved your fatigue legs and climbed on. Not knowing what to do with your arms, you tapped it lightly on his shoulders before deciding to let it loose by your sides. 

"Seriously," he muttered under his breath before reaching out for your wrist. He tugged on it, and pulled it over, wrapping it around his neck.  

You clamped your eyes shut as you recalled the memories. He's the school's prince. The school's ice prince. He's a player, heartbreaker, and an all time bully. The words lingered in your head. Why is he doing this? Why is he helping me? Shouldn't I be his very first victim? you pondered. "Ya! Are you sleeping?" his voice snapped in the air, causing you jerk from your daze. 

Your eyes scanned the room as he pulled on the door and stepped inside. Medicine, bottles, needles, band-aids.. You reckoned it was the clinic. Your nose snapped as it recognized the familiar scent. 

He set you down by one of the white beds as he reached for the first-aid kit behind the glass counter. He knelt down beside you as he pulled on your hand, placing it on his lap. Your eyes locked on his every move. You noted that he was trying his best to treat you as carefully and softly as possible. You couldn't help but noticed that his eyes had softened, occasionally cringing as you winced in pain.  Baekhyun, the school's known bully has this side too? you wondered as you gazed at his face. 

You didn't realize that you were staring until he clapped his hands in front of you, snapping back your attention. 

"Let's go!" he ordered as he stood up, packing away the kit and placing it back behind the glass. You glanced up at him, your eyes questioning. "We missed the 2nd period, it's lunch now," he clarified. "Oh," you mumbled before weakly standing up and following behind him. 

Your eyes locked on the floor as you dragged your heavy feet along. You were still caught in your own daze when you felt a pair of hands wrapping around your waist. You looked up to see his hands, carefully supporting you as he walked alongside. 

You felt yourself grow heavy as you began to meet up with weird stares from the passing by students. Everyone was pointing and commenting as you two walked by. 

"Where's your locker?" he asked, causing your focus to revert back. "1E8," you answered reluctantly. 

You two reached your locker and he immediately stalked off. "It's lunch. Be at the canteen," he ordered, his distant voice muffling in the air before walking away. 

You bit your lips as your trembled hand moved up the lock, spinning in your combination. Just as you opened the crooked, red door,  a pile of crumpled papers fell out, pouring onto the ground. 

You sighed deeply, kneeling down and picking up the crumpled papers. You carefully threw them into the trash can. Your eyes burned as your mind flashed the painful memories. You had really hoped that this year was different. 

After clearing up your locker and rearranging your backpack, you made your way to the canteen. You successfully received your dish and was walking down the aisle between the rows of tables. Unfortunately, you spoke to soon. You were trudging through the tiled floor when you bumped into a group of girls. 

"Watch where you're going!" one of the girls shouted, her high-pitched voice piercing through the air. "I-I'm sorry," you stammered as you tried to back away, only to meet up with a few other girls. "Ya!" they screamed before forcefully slapping on your tray, causing it to shatter onto the ground. 

You bent down to gather up the pieces when you felt a river of water trickle down your head. It dissolved into your eyes, causing it to burn. Using your trembled hand, you wiped away the pouring juice and continued picking up the shattered glass. "Stop it!" the girl shouted as she stepped on the pieced. You ignored her, your shaking hands continued to gather up the mess. "I said stop it!" she snarled, her heels kicked on the pieces violently, sending the shattered pieces across the air. They landed on your arms, slicing through your flesh as they spilled out fresh blood. "Ah," you winced as you backed away, your fingers clasped around the flow of blood. 

"Oppa!" you heard their voices muffling in the air. Too embarrassed, you didn't bother to look up, only reaching out to continue gathering up the pieces. You were still trapped in your daze when a hand shot out, gripping onto your wrist as it prevented you from continuing. You lifted your head, your eyes darted up the arm's owners. Again, it was Baekhyun. 

You blinked a few times, making sure you weren't imagining anything. "Are you stupid?" he snarled, his low voice shrilling in the air as he pulled from the mess. "But I haven't finished cleaning," you started to say, slightly raising your voice as you fumbled behind him. "Are you really stupid?" he shouted back as he pushed you to sit down onto one of the benches, behind the canteen. He knelt down on the grass as he lifted your chin, examining your face. After a few seconds of staring longly into each other's eyes. He darted down your bleeding wrist. "You idiot," he cursed as he pulled out a small towel from his jacket. He delicately treated your wound, drying away the blood and wrapping it tightly with the soaked towel. 

In a split moment, your eyes met, and  for the first time, you saw something different in his eyes. Sincerity. Dully, you fluttered your eyes and jerked your head away. Way to ruin the moment Jin-Hee! you cursed in your head as your eyes shifted back to his hands. He had finished treating your wound and was now rummaging through his backpack. He pulled out a larger towel as he raised it over your head. He grazed it above your head, drying off your soaked hair. Unknowingly, he leaned in closer and closer, making it look like you two were kissing. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter