Don't Forget Me

Don't Forget Me


{Late Autumn} 
"Wait for me!" he yelled as he ran to catch up to me. I turned around, and saw the boy who had become familiar over time. As we were walking together from school, he stopped and took the heavy textbooks from my arms. "You know, Kim," he said as he looked at me. "You know that I love you, right?" 

{Winter}
Letting out my breath, I watched as it formed a cloud and disappeared into the cold air. Stuffing my freezing hands in my pockets, I suddenly glanced at him and he smiled at me. Strangely, I didn't feel cold anymore.

{Late Spring - Early Autumn}
Their voices echoed in my mind and refused to leave. Those words that I kept hidden away, "I'm so sorry." I'm always looking for someone, but somehow I can never find them. I felt the raindrops on my face. As I started to run, I realized that the ground felt cold under my feet. I suddenly stopped to look around. "Where are you?" I shouted, and fell on the concrete stairs instead of grass. Looking at my hands, were these really raindrops?

{Winter}
Laying down on the sofa, I hugged my knees to my chest and fell asleep. Being sick was tiring.
"Want some chicken noodle soup? I'm going to be a great chef someday, you know." he asked when I woke up and I smiled. I miss you, I thought. 

{Spring} 
Gazing at the clear night sky, I told him, "You can't see the stars from the city." "Where will you be 10 years from now?" he asked. "I want to be in music, and travel the world. What about you?" I said after a while. "I'm going to be happy." he answered without a doubt.

{Early Summer}
"It's raining here." Looking out the car window, I watched as the falling raindrops landed on the clear glass. "Really?" I asked. At the time, I realized that maybe we weren't so distant after all.

{Summer}
"You even remembered my birthday, thank you." That time, when I was the happiest. "Of course I did, I would never forget!" I laughed, holding the phone. If I could go back to that time now, I certainly would.

{Autumn}
I held my breath as he walked to me. The grass felt cool underneath my feet. Clutching the hem of my white dress, I asked myself if this was reality. Looking up at him, I felt relieved. It was real, this time. "Are you not going to say anything to me?" he grinned. "Long time no see." I sighed. Nothing had changed, but I knew I had forgotten something.

{Early Spring}
In less than a second, he had his head on my shoulder carefully, and I felt as fragile as glass then. "I'm so tired, Kim." he sighed, and I wished I could help. "Me too." were the only words I could say. 
--
"I'm so tired." I said, and rested my head on his shoulder. If only this were real. "I know," he said, and I felt entirely at peace, the first time since it happened. Don't say it.. "You'll be okay." He reassured me, and I genuinely wish that were true. 

{Summer}
"The brightly smiling you
Your smile which I treasured
Compared to the paper in my heart
Is even whiter, and maybe that’s why it doesn’t appear."
I quietly sang, even if nobody was actually there to hear me. The thoughts that were locked in the back of my mind were finally set free. 
--
"I smile one more time and give my final greeting.
I love you."