Texting

Spring is for lovers.

The alarm song rings on her phone and Yuri is reluctant to even open her eyes to greet the day, her hand flies up from the mess of blankets and pillows to swipe the alarm into silence. It was Sunday morning and usually she’d be spending high quality time with her bed and her couch for most of the day.

 

However, seeing as she’d set an alarm she was laying there cursing her prior engagement to drive out to the country with her brother and his wife to check on hand-me-down baby furniture from her cousins. She basically committed to being the extra driver, sitting alone in her mom’s car for two hours there and another two back.

 

She cleaned up, got dressed, grabbed her things and ran off to the bus to her parents’.

 

The drive was tedious, the radio had gotten annoying, taunting her with songs of confessions and first loves, her mind kept drifting to Tiffany, but she could do nothing about it, here, today.

 

At long last, she’d pulled into her cousin’s apartment building and sat in the car resting her nerves and mind, her head flicked to the phone cradled in the seat beside her. Should she text Tiffany? It was no longer early, and she really wanted to.

 

“Just do it,” she said aloud encouraging herself. It took a few tries, she wanted the text to be just right. She finally settled on what she’d typed and sent it to Tiffany, she imagined at 10 am the girl was probably just waking maybe with hair all messed up in her pjs. Yuri laughed, she couldn’t believe how happy just thinking about the other woman made her.

 

Her brother’s car pulled up beside hers and she got out of the car to greet her cousins along with the pair. Her mind constantly on her phone  waiting for a response from Tiffany.



 

_ _

a