Time

Carpe Diem

"Niel-hyung's been spending a lot of time out nowadays.." Changhyun announced as they were all situated in the back room, Daniel filling out some long overdue paperwork and some checks as well. He cocked a quick eyebrow, looking around to see that Jonghyun and L. Joe were sharing a look.

It seemed as if he’d finally expressed what all three of them had been thinking about for a while.

“No joke, he’s even asked me to close up the shop a couple of times.” Jonghyun crossed his arms, agreeing with the older.

“Well, what did you expect? He has a boyfriend, of course he’s got to spend time with him.” L.Joe emphasized his last words with a devilish smirk, making sure the other would hear.

Jonghyun and Changhyun let out a few chuckles, turning their heads to Niel.

"Yah, hyung. Is it true?" The youngest faked a surprised expression, leaning his hands on the desk Daniel was working on.

It was now Changhyun’s turn to join the game. “You never tell us anything! I had no idea you were even dating.” He whined, shaking his friend’s shoulder.

L. Joe laughed as he watched the boys nagging Niel with questions about his new lover.

 

 

 

"Stop it. It’s not even funny." Niel grumbled and rolled his eyes, a bit irritated. Yet when his workers decided it had been enough and left, he couldn't help the smile and giddy laughter that was to follow.

 

Because he knew they were right. Being an introvert for the most part, Niel had been spending much more time than usual out of his shared apartment with Changhyun, and he wasn't exactly spending it all at work.

 

It wasn't very hard for him and Minsoo to create a simple schedule of when they could spend time outside of the coffee shop. Minsoo worked late and Daniel usually got off at 8 or 8:30pm, so he would head to the other man’s house with some sandwiches and coffees, Minsoo having arranged the doorman to let Niel into the penthouse suite.

 

And lunch rush was always a fun time for them to spend together. As per usual, Minsoo would come after the lunch rush and when Niel's employees were off for their break. Which was right about now.

 

"Hyung, we're off for lunch! See you in a bit." He heard Changhyun yell from the front, the door chiming as they left. Daniel sat back, placing his pen down and reviewing the paychecks before slipping them into separate envelopes.

 

After a couple minutes he heard the door bell ring, meaning a customer had entered. Niel stood up, stretching so he could hear the small cracking noise his spine made from sitting too long.

 

He walked out of the backroom, not even trying to disguise the large grin on his face as Minsoo approached the counter.

 

"Hey, beautiful." Minsoo said, voice as smooth as ever and even after such a long bit of knowing each other, it still and always would make Niel's stomach flip.

 

How did he get so lucky? People usually don't fall in love with strangers who give them coffee.

 

People usually don't fall in love with Niel in general. He's always been way too awkward, way too uptight, way too into it than the other, way too bossy..

 

But whenever he would mention his insecurities Minsoo would go on forever about how none of that mattered, because he was still wonderful in the older man’s eyes. Sure, he was awkward, uptight and bossy. But that's what made Niel his own person.

 

On the other hand, Minsoo described himself as too laid back, too stressed, too out there, too weird, too nervous about feelings. And then it was Daniel's turn to tell him he was indeed laid back, stressed, out there, weird. But that's what made Minsoo his own person.

 

And they worked together so well.

 

"Where did that come from?" Daniel asked, smug smirk on his face as he punched in Minsoo's usual order, looking up to him quickly.

 

The man shrugged, reaching over the counter to place a few kisses to Niel's face, one to him cheek, the other cheek, on his forehead, a peck to the nose. And finally kissing his boyfriend raw on his lips, both males breaking out into small laughter followed by affectionate, hopeful smiles.

 

"Just my thoughts, Ahn Daniel."

 

E N D

 

-----------------------

 

It's done! Thank you guys so much for sticking through this fanfic with me, it was very fun to write and I hope you enjoyed it just as much as I did ^^

I'm really grateful for all your support to Carpe Diem and my other fanfictions as well, I'll try not to dissappoint you in the future, haha <3

School's been getting on the way a bit but I promise I'll try to post a little something here and there, I've got tons of ideas for one shots and another long-ish story I want to do so please stay tuned!

 

Yours truly,

~theoricalmadness~