Oneshot

Heated Arguments

It’s normal to have an argument, right? Right? Arguments do tend to surface went there is a misunderstanding. Every human being went through that. And that’s normal.

But.

In these two idiots’ case, it’s different.

‘…….’

‘…’

‘…..’

‘…’

‘ …..’

‘ Jong Suk-ah, can’t you at least talk to me here? ‘

‘……’

‘ Huuhhh, fine. ‘ Woobin stands up and shakes his head, disbelieve that Jong Suk is still keeping himself quiet after their little argument a while ago. Or is it really known as argument?

‘ I guess I’ll be making my way out then. ‘ He exclaims and slowly walks to the front door.

‘ Woobin-ah…’ A soft whisper escapes from Jong Suk’s lips. It sounds a little ragged.

‘ Yes? ‘ Woobin answers back but didn’t turn his back from Jong Suk’s.

‘ Are.. Are you still mad? ‘ Jong Suk asks while keeping his head low, unable to look at his best friend, his other half’s eyes after he lashed at him an hour ago. His hair falls down onto his face, keeping his expression hidden from him. His shoulders tensed as he grips his knees with his hands in a tight grip.

‘ Jong Suk-ah. ‘ Woobin lets out a soft sigh and smiles. He bents down and kneels in front of Jong Suk, unable to be angry with him for long. He will never get angry with him.

‘ Jong Suk-ah, I’m not mad at you, okay? ‘ Woobin softly said and Jong Suk’s hair.

Jong Suk kept silent.

‘ Jong Suk-ah. ‘ Woobin lets out a heavy sigh.

‘ Jong Suk-ah, look at me. ‘ He said while he looks at Jong Suk, keeping his composure as relax as he can be. Not wanting Jong Suk to be frighten. He can a little tensed when they get like these. Always blaming himself first.

When Jong Suk still didn’t looked up at him, Woobin reaches out both of his callused hands and cupped Jong Suk’s cheeks, both of them with his thumb. He tilted his head and let his forehead touches with Jong Suk’s.

Jong Suk flinches.

‘ Jong Suk-ah, it’s okay. Everything is going to be alright, okay? It’s not your fault to begin with. Nor mine. Nor hers. So please, stop blaming yourself with it. ‘ Woobin said as his eyes softens with sadness and anger when he sees Jong Suk’s expression. He looked like he wanted to cry judging by the way his lips are shaking and his eyes red, threatening the tears to fall down.

Yes. It’s not his and Jong Suk’s fault they ended up like these. No. Not Jong Suk’s and Shin Hye faults for ending up with a scandalous rumour that brought the fans b with tears and also their fan sites exploded with the so called dating news. Pictures are floating everywhere with Jong Suk’s and Shin Hye’s identified faces plastered in one of those pictures. One with them with a car and another with them eating in a café together.

Woobin snaps from his wandering mind and looks back at Jong Suk when he finally speaks again. This time, in a very shaky tone.

‘ I-I’m sorry, Woobin-ah. I didn’t mean to. We were just meeting each other to talk about things and didn’t noticed those paparazzi taking our photos silently. It’s all my fault, we ended up like this. ‘ He sobs and grips Woobin’s shirt tightly.

‘ No, don’t be.’ Woobin hugs Jong Suk and started to rub his back, soothing him to make his guiltiness disappear. He hates it when Jong Suk is in pain. He hates it how they did these to him even after both of their companies, denied the rumours, not wanting to add fuel to the already burning fire. He hates it all.

‘ It’s okay. It’s okay.’ Woobin soothes while he Jong Suk’s hair just like back then when Jong Suk came into his apartment, pulling him into a hug and cried because of his company limiting his time and freedom to meet with him. When both of their companies are trying to make them independent individuals who didn’t need each other constantly in their lives in order to stop any magazines, advertisements, interviews who mentions one of the other’s name to the other or putting them together. Distinguishing any gay rumours or love relationship between them with all their might. Horrified that they will lose the both of us if we came out with a shout out: YES!

Now, it’s no different from the past. Before it was with Woobin. Involving him with a model, stating that they have been dating for the past two years, proving them with photos of them holding hands in the public. But in the end, he announced his break up with his so called ‘girlfriend ‘ after the newly news concerning his love life.

Jong Suk is his precious jewel and will always be. If Woobin wanted to choose between his lonely life and Jong Suk. He will without a doubt choose Jong Suk.

He thought they won’t involve Jong Suk with anything because he’s currently became a hallyu star but he guessed it wrong. With his increasing popularity, everyone will do anything to discover any of his dark secrets or to stomp him without any sense of righteousness. That’s what, the media, the people who dislikes him or any of the other actors, musicians, singers or idols did to make it worse.

Woobin is also a hallyu star but until now, there are no bad rumours or scandals involving him with anything.

So, to think these things happening to Jong Suk first shocks him. It really pains him to see Jong Suk letting out all of his walls like this, making him look vulnerable in many ways.

All he can do right now, is hold Jong Suk tightly and never letting him go. For better or worse, he will be by his side until the end.

 

 

‘ Sorry for looking miserable there. How embarrassing.’ Jong Suk bites his lips and tried not to pout in front of Woobin. He can feels his face growing red.

‘ No, you’re not. Please don’t say that. You’re much more stronger than anything. ‘ Woobin shakes his head and ruffles Jong Suk’s soft hair.

‘ What do you mean by that? Look at me. I’m a mess here. ‘ Jong Suk points at himself, his eyes and his ruffled hair with a full out pout face.

Ooops.

‘ Oh sorry. Sorry. I didn’t mean to ruffle your hair that hard. ‘ Woobin puts out both of his arms high in the air, surrendering.

‘ Nah, never mind. ‘

‘ Besides…’

‘ I like it when you treated me like a princess.’ Jong Suk said the last line like a mutter.

‘ Huh? ‘ Woobin blinked and stares at Jong Suk, not able to show any right reaction. An explosion of happiness beams at his face.

‘ Yah! Woobin-ah! Don’t stare at me like that! It’s embarrassing! ‘ Jong Suk sweats and scoots a little away from his beaming other half.

Not hesitating, Woobin hugs Jong Suk in a crushing hug, smiling so brightly.

‘ Wha? Woobin-ah??! ‘ Jong Suk gasped when he felt two strong arms wrapping around his shoulders.

‘ Woobin…..ah..’ He flinches a little when he feels something warm on his lean shoulder. Is that tears?

‘ Woobin-ah, are you crying? ‘

Upon hearing Jong Suk’s words, Woobin lets go of him but still kept is hands on Jong Suk’s shoulders.

‘ Wha? I am? ‘ He touches his cheeks and realized that he is really crying.

‘ Woobin-ah, why are you crying? H-Hey. ‘ Jong Suk cupped Woobin’s warm cheeks and swipes the tears away.

‘ I don’t know. I just did. ‘ Woobin said while he wipes his tears.

‘ Woobin-ah…’ Jong Suk chokes. In a time like this, it’s hard to think about the next move.

It’s unfair.

‘ Woobin-ah..’ Jong Suk whispers his name. Almost so faintly.

‘ Sorry, bout that. M’okay, Jong Sukkie. ‘ Woobin sniffed and wipes his tears with his back hand.

Unable to say anything, Jong Suk just kept quiet and gaze onto Woobin’s face. Thinking how lucky he is to have Woobin by his side.

‘ Jong Sukkie, look..’ Woobin started as he reached out to hold Jong Suk’s trembling, cold hands and intertwines them together with his own.

‘ We’ll fight together. You and me against the world. ‘

‘ But, I..’

‘ Jong Sukkie, remember when we first acted together in the School 2013 drama a few years ago? ‘

‘ Yeah. ‘

‘ Remember when we promised to always not abandoned each other? ‘

‘ …..’

‘ Remember that? ‘ Woobin asked softly while he caresses Jong Suk’s hands.

 ‘ Yeah, I remembered. You are pretty sentimental that time. If you ask me.’ Jong Suk chuckles lightly.

‘ Well, that, I uh..’ Woobin stutters and blushes.

‘ Hehe. I was joking, okay? Besides I love that part of you too.’ Jong Suk smiles softly.

Woobin blushes and clears his throat. He didn’t want to lose in this heat of moment. Not when he still need to make his point here to Jong Suk.

‘ Yeah, well. The point is we’ll stick together in these. No matter how bad it is. I will still be there for you. Screw the rest of them. ‘

‘ Woobin.. I don’t know what to say. ‘

‘ Hey, it’s okay. When it comes to you, I’ll do anything. For better or worse. I’ll be there. ‘

‘ Woo…’ Jong Suk can feel another set of tears trying to spill out.

How can Woobin still be here? After all these time? After all the conflicts they’ve been through together? After he caused him so much pain only with mere words.

‘ Okay? ‘ Woobin smiles at Jong Suk while he patted his hair.

But yet. To be in a world without Woobin. Without the person who helped him when he’s in a difficult state. Without the person to share his stories and days with. Without the person to show his other side with. Without the person to spend time with. Without the person to take care of him and vice versa. Without this person in his life.

It’s like living in darkness. With no sheer of light to guide his path. Not after he met Woobin. Everything looked black to him. His once dark, sad life turned into a ball of happiness and for the very first time, he’s not afraid anymore.

All because of this one man.

‘ Okay. ‘ Jong Suk smiles back.

Without any exchange words, they both immediately went for the hug. A body contact they are desperately needed at that moment. To feel the other’s heat and to know that the other is there with them.

Even if their love is not a normal. Nor an epic one. To them, it was the realest thing they have ever felt in their life. To know that there is a person who’s out there, willing to love  them or more or least, care about them.

To know they are not truly alone out there in this grey world.

Was the most soothing thing to have.