Final chapter

This Is War

 

Warning in case of sensitive readers: There will be some abuse but it is not that graphic .... 

~~~~~

As painful as it was, I wasn't allowed to show any emotions. Emotions were for the weak. Weaknesses had to be kept hidden. The enemy pack were striking and more pack members were getting injured. Although the Midnight Mane's pack was the largest and known to be the most heartless, it still hurt that we were losing unaccounted members. My pack were putting up a fight to defend me, us and our territory and the opposition cannot win under any circumstances.

 
This is war. 


They shouldn't win as they are trespassing. The punishment is unmissable and I will not allow it as Alpha. Anyways a substantial amount of wolves have been lost from their pack ; they should just learn to give up, even though their pride refrains them from doing so. 

A growl emitted from the back of my throat as I lunged forward to attack the ringleader. 

Blue Bane's pack 

The thought of them sickened me. They were pathetic excuses for wolves. Superior creatures like ourselves shouldn't be this low and filthy.  They knew the rules and the punishments were unimaginable that bears excruciating suffering upon anyone who failed to comply. Once the war would be done those who remained from his pack would have to compromise. Death

Although they were a small pack, they played dirty. Especially how they manipulated the rogues to join. Rogues didn't deserve packs. They were banished for certain reasons that endangered others. They were incapable of being included in a pack. Crimes were committed, they were either kicked out or sentenced to be a tortured prisoner. They didn't respect the rules. They shouldn't be trusted. Anyways the only ones who will be suffering after this war will be the Blue Bane's pack. 

I hope nothing disastrous will occur for the Dark Dawn's Pack. 
They are our allies and close friends. I didn't need their help. They wanted to help. I am grateful for everything they are doing for us. They provided useful information and skills that would help us win this battle. Alpha Kris , best friend of mine, had a very interesting personality which when it came to wars and battles did differ to his usual self. His assets are very beneficial in situations like these.


~_~~_~~_~~_~~_~ 


The war was over and everyone from Dark Dawn and Midnight Mane were currently celebrating the successful win and new territory which came with the price of being Alpha to more than one pack. Blue Bane's Alpha had kept the women and children out of harms way therefore blue bane still had surviving members, also the remains of a pack. They were in need of a new alpha to lead them; therefore enforcing the law of whoever kills an Alpha would automatically be made new Alpha of said pack. 

Luhan , Alpha of Midnight Mane, now held an additional position of Alpha of the Blue Banes. It wasn't something he wanted. Blue Bane's pack was tainted. Luhan had to try build up trust and new treaties with the new pack he now had the rights to. It should be easy due to the contacts and treaties already standing with Midnight Mane but this time it would be different. Seeing their leader being so reckless and troublesome, it was hard to see how the rest of the pack behaved. For now Logan wanted nothing more than an night of relaxing. 

As night was approaching, Kris  and Luhan had decided to make speeches praising the team and commemorating those who sadly died in the war. They thanked everyone for participating and helping out their alphas, which showed great loyalty and respect for them on their behalf and vice versa. After the very touching speeches, did Luhan decide to look for his Beta and close friend, Sehun. 

Distracted by an enticing and intoxicating scent, did Luhan only then venture out further away from the pack to see if he could discover where the desirable aroma came from. A strong pull was drawing him to closer to the mysterious scent. His guard had been dropped and was only focused on the girl who seemed to be giving off massive waves of fear. Only then did he sense the fear being emitted was not from his presence; he noticed they were not alone, rogues. 

The girl with the disheveled, raven hair seemed to be backed up against the tree cornered as it was an ambush. Her inner wolf was also drawn to the exhilarating scent which possessed the Alpha. Her Mate. Her eyes roamed his upper body, focusing on the tight shirt that caused his muscles to flex as he moved closer towards her. She quickly diverted her eyes to the rogues hidden behind the trees, disguising themselves within the woods, as she felt her face flush with heat.

The alpha had instinctively stood in front of the young girl in a protective and defensive position, waiting for any attacks that the rogues may have planned out. He was not going to let anything happen to his mate. She was his and his only. He would not let anything harm the packs future Luna.

 A loud growl erupted from his throat and the rogues had cowered and bowed down. It seemed like they had just learnt how to shift as some of the males could not control how long they were shifted for, however they were rogues and Luhan didn't want anything to do with them. Loathsome creatures that didn't deserve a pack. They were punished therefore sentenced to live a life of suffering alone until they found a mate. By the time the young rogues had all shifted back to human form, they were bowing down asking for forgiveness on behalf of their parents. The abandoned rogues had shared their past with Alpha Luhan and wanted to join the pack. Luhan had sent them away for now, telling them they allowed to stay temporarily. 

Once they had left, he turned around wrapping his arms around the young adults petite waist. She looked like she was about seventeen years old. Average height for a female wolf of her age and flawless skin. Her deep blue eyes seemed to be filled with unfathomable emotions. Luhan  leaned his forehead against hers as they both listened to each other's fast paced heartbeats. 
A deep connection was already made between the both of them and neither have uttered a word. When words were finally spoken it seemed like she couldn't hear enough of his husky voice that made him all the more appealing. 

You're mine
Only mine. 
My mate....
Beautiful... 
Breathtaking
....  He took a deep breath in as he studied her body that was currently in his arms.
I bet your name is as beautiful as your looks...
What is your name? .
....


Cait- Cait- Caitlyn....  She stuttered her body radiated waves of emotions mainly of nervousness and shyness. His intense gaze held her own deep blue ones as they shared something between them. 

Caitlyn. He tested her name on the tip of his tongue and her name continuously rolled out. It sent deep pleasures to her core even though she thought it was inappropriate to think about it. She desperately wanted to find her mate since the passing of mother and the changes in her father. Being the only child made her wishes to leave home impossible. When she first heard her mate say how he thought she was beautiful, she believed that it was pure lust taking over and he wasn't worth it as she wouldn't want to be toyed with. She already knew how disgusted and disgraceful her father made her feel. She believed him. From the current condition it was hard to tell there was anything wrong. Usually her hair would be matted , her skin pale and cold as ice, her figure fragile and delicate from the hunger.

 'It was a mistake to stay here longer than an hour, ' she thought. Her father was also at the gathering but he had made it clear that she was to go back straight otherwise the punishment would be severe. She knew either way she would get beaten and abused and she was trying to use her mates presence as an excuse to ponder and think of an escape route. Her body was fragile and as a wolf her body should have healed ; but due to the severely damaged bones that seem to increase everyday it took a toll on her. Her wolf was content and felt safe in her mates presence but Caitlyn was determined to follow the most logical way out the hell hole she was living in. Logan held out his hand waiting for her to grasp it and follow him towards the gathering. 
I'm sorry, I can't do this ...
 She choked back a sob and turned around hiding her tear stained face from the Alpha. She took a few steps and Logan stood there confused. He found his mate and was not willing to let her slip through his hands. She quickly shifted and whimpered as her paws could not support her weight any longer and collapsed with a howl.

 

~_~~_~~_~~_~~_~ 


No- No- Please ...!!

 I swear I won't make that mistake again....

I'm sorry ... Please! 

Forgive me father ...
 
The echoes of her ignored pleas filled the house as her father abused her. The outside world oblivious to the torture she was living through. Her father feigning innocence when someone questioned her. " Oh, she's helping out and doing chores for me at the moment.." He would say as the door was left slightly ajar, blocking the view of the others sight into the house. 

"Damn your existence," he would say just before it began. 

Punches and kicks were only the beginning and when her energy had depleted and could no longer continue screaming did the beatings get much worse. As her father got the belt and the knife, curse words continuously flew out if his mouth, destroying her pride and self worth in the process. 
Only an hour had passed and she knew that the extreme torture was yet to begin. Her eyes rolled back shifting in and out of darkness. There had been more than one time where she thought she would die. Many times did experience near death situations and many times did she attempt suicide. Unsuccessful attempts just lead her to continuously self harm. Hope was left. She hoped for someone to save her. Whether she wanted the beatings to be caught in the act or whether she found her mate. She wanted out. She needed out if she valued her life. That value though was decreasing every second of the day ; waiting for her death. 

She didn't know why she shifted the night at the clearing, in front of her mate. she knew she  wanted to escape but with her father being so close yet far away, she didn't know what to do. Her wolf screamed ' Mate' and 'Protection' but her mind screamed 'Pity' and  'More Abuse'. 

Out of the corner of her eyes, did she see her father glaring down at her making her whimper out of pain. Before she could make an attempt at escaping, he lunged forward and pinned her to the ground before whispering in her ear.

Your mate ... He's dead.... No escaping ...

No ....

He can't be ....

It is impossible ....

No one wants you... 
I warned you what I can do...
You cannot have a mate
....
You don't deserve it....

No...


No ..... .

~_~~_~~_~~_~~_~ 


She screamed out awaking from the almost neverending nightmare. Her breathing was heavy and she seemed to panic even more as she quickly studied the room she was in and realised it wasn't hers. 

The door burst open and Luhan quickly runs towards her enveloping her in his arms. She calmed down in his presence as she found it comforting. Once she began to relax she realised there had been a presence in the room from when she had awoken and instantly began to panic again. Luhan had noticed this too and quickly soothed her by whispering calmly to her. Her head was leaning against his chest as she sat close listening to his rhythmically beating heart. 

Thank you Sehun , for watching over her and relaying the vision.

Yes Alpha, hope everything goes well.. Was everything relayed clearly?

Yes... He said through gritted teeth. You may be dismissed 


Sehun is Alpha Luhan's best friend and Beta. His main power helps the pack with relaying visual messages that either he or another being can see or is being played in their mind while they are conscious or not. Sehun used his power to keep an eye out for Caitlyn and to see if he can see what is being played in her mind. He relayed this information to Alpha Luhan who is her mate, Alph Kris  as she belongs to Dark Dawns pack and also the pack doctor. 

Luhan was astonished by the vision that was played to him and anger and rage was filled within himself waiting to be unleashed on her so called father. He couldn't understand why he would want to harm his mate. It was his main priority to protect her and he couldn't. He failed as her mate. She begged to differ. Without him she would never had a chance to escape her life back there. 

Cuddling up closer to him and inhaling his scent calmed her and her wolf down. It also helped him and his rage for killing her father subside, for now. He was also disappointed with Kris  as he didn't know this was happening for about eleven years. " I'm not letting you go. You're mine now and I'm going to protect you.  I failed to find you earlier and I could have prevented everything. I'm sorry," he whispered while her hair. "Nothing's ever going to happen to you and as your mate I will be there for you every day. " 
He kissed the top of her head and tried to lull her to sleep. "It was impossible for you to have saved me then but I'm glad you found me now... I'm sorry for running." She murmured, wrapping her arms around his body. 

Sleep eventually found them and tomorrow would have to be a brighter day.

 

______

Hope you enjoyed reading !, 

Thank you !!