Final

Even if I get Hurt
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Taekwoon!”

Taekwoon ignored the desperate pleas of the other. Tears were streaming down his face but who cares. that behind him.

“Taekwoon watch out!”

Taekwoon was about to shout ‘What the ’ when he was suddenly shoved forward, but as soon as he turned behind, he was met with a scene he wished he could erase from his mind forever.

Hakyeon flew several feet upwards into the air as a speeding car hit him from the right and his tear filled eyes caught Taekwoon’s for a few seconds before he was rolling on the road.

It feels as if everything was played in fast forward in front of Taekwoon. The next thing he knew, he was cradling Hakyeon’s bloody head in his lap, trying to wake up the now unconscious man. Hakyeon’s last words rung in his head.

“I love you.”

---------------------

Taekwoon let a smile bloom on his face as he walked in the kitchen and saw his life-long friend covered in flour from head to toe as the latter struggled with the oven. Taekwoon lives with Hakyeon in one house and as crazy as it sounds, he’s only friends with Hakyeon. Because-

“What time is Jaehwan coming, Taekwoonie?”

Taekwoon is completely smitten by Lee Jaehwan. They had met at a vocal training academy and had been dating for a total 3 years already.

“Ah, he’s coming for dinner so... around 7.45, I guess? You really don’t have to do this, Hakyeon; it’s too much when there’s only the three of us tonight.”

“Three? No, no, no Taekwoon. How rude of you to ask another man join you for a dinner with your fiancé?”

“”Hakyeon, it’s your house.”

Taekwoon said, ducking his head with a blush decorating his face at the mention of fiancé.

“Correction; our house. We live together, Taekwoon. Besides, do you want me to die of awkwardness while both of you be lovey-dovey tonight??? It’s already 6.30 Taekwoon. Can you help me clean up, I need to go get changed Taekwoonie~”

“W-wait! You’re going out? Hakyeon-“

“Yes and thank you for helping the cleanup process. I’ll be upstairs, if anything!”

Hakyeon peeled of his filthy apron before running up the stairs to his room. Taekwoon sighed.

 

-------------------------

Hakyeon wiped away his hot tears, undistinguishable due to the running shower on his head. He grabbed the bottle of shampoo before massaging his scalp with the cool substance.

It would be the biggest lie on earth if he were to say he is just a friend of Taekwoon.

Hakyeon is in love with Taekwoon.

Even as he thinks about it, bile rises to his throat and his skin prickled with goose bumps as pain and disgust wrapped around his body. Hakyeon is in love with his long-life friend. And that is the only sole reason he decided to buy this house in the first place and forced Taekwoon to stay with him. And he thought that maybe, just maybe, a miracle could be possible , that he’d have a one percent of a million chances of being happy with Taekwoon but his hopes were soon crushed to dust when  Taekwoon introduced him to Jaehwan one day. Of course. Jaehwan’s cuter, livelier, has an angelic voice and definitely way beautiful. Hakyeon is trash compared to Jaehwan and his heart clenches everytime he sees Taekwoon put on a grin for his boyfriend. Hakyeon sighed as he shut of the shower.

As long as Taekwoon is happy, he’s fine with it. The pain is nothing he can’t handle.

He put on a simple shirt, folding the sleevbes to his elbow and ing the first two top buttons. The shirt was matched with a pair of black slacks. He grabbed his hanging car keys on the wall and descxended the stairs.

“I’m going, Taekwoon!”

“Oh okay. Don’t be back too late.”

Hakyeon smiled bitterly.

“Of course. Goodbye, Taekwoon!”

“Be safe!”

“Ne.”

----------------------------
 

Hakyeon was sipping on his caramel latte in the car when the phone call came. He was greeted with the voice of a hysteric Jaehwan.”

“Hyung! Tae-Taekwoon hyung is in the hospital, quick hyung! I’m scared...”

-----------------------------

 

Hakyeon arrived in a record speed of 10 minutes, his legs shaking as he ran to the Emergency Department.

“Jaehwan!”

Jaehwan la

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter