Final

No Free WiFi For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yeeun had a problem.

Specifically a WiFi problem.

Her neighbour had changed his WiFi password, and unlike the last hundred times she couldn’t guess what his new one was.

So what ended up happening was she found herself sitting at her table, staring at her laptop and sobbing internally because now how was she supposed to watch her favourite YouTubers like davidsocomedy and swoozie06?

Yeeun seriously wanted to cry because it’s not as if she could use the data she had on her phone since she had that stupid plan where she only had 500mb. And that barely lasted when she scrolls through Tumblr, let alone if she wanted to binge watch her videos.

She sighed and turned off her laptop sadly, petting the screen lightly with care and love before she turned to her bookcase; the only thing she hadn’t looked at since she moved into her apartment.

There was a time previously when Yeeun actually read the books there, but when she discovered her neighbour had really bad passwords she could easily hack, she forgot all about that life.

Now though, Yeeun guessed she’d have to read words on a page, instead of on a fiction site.

Grabbing a random book off the shelf, Yeeun ventured to her couch where she settled herself in. After the first few pages she drifted off but then jolted herself awake with a snort. It was then she glanced at her stereo that would help keep her awake with her favourite pumped up songs.

With a certain glint in her eyes, Yeeun turned it on, turned the volume up even higher and then pressed play.

Quickly, the heavy beats filled the apartment and she could feel the floor shake slightly from the sound.

So she may have turned it louder than necessary but maybe that’s because she wanted to piss off her neighbour as well as try and find some form of joy singing along to them. It was a win-win situation (discounting the fact she was severely cut off).

Obviously, this wasn’t a normal person response, but Yeeun wasn’t a normal person as she spent the last three months stealing WiFi on a daily basis from next door in the apartment complex she was living in.

Her reaction was totally warranted though.

She loved her WiFi.

*

*

*

Kyungsoo was concerned.

As he stepped off the elevator, and was about to walk to his door he sees a girl around his age leaning her forehead against the wall.

A few seconds later, said girl lifted her head only to bang it on the wall.

Kyungsoo ran towards the girl, alarmed at her action, “Miss!”

The girl turned towards him at the sound, and Kyungsoo tried to gasp at her appearance as she looked so ghostly. Under her eyes were bags so dark she resembled a panda, and it only stood out more prominently on her ghastly white skin. Her eyes were enrapturing though, despite the fact it seemed that the light had gone out of her eyes. Her lips were thinned out in a pout and he could tell by the downturn of her eyebrows, that the girl was definitely sad about something. Even her clothes, which was simply a black t-shirt and some jean shorts somehow added to her whole persona.

Yet somehow, she looked cute in a zombie sort of way.

Kyungsoo was confused over the overwhelming need to hug her, as he didn't know if it would be out of pity or just wanting to; nevertheless he focused on the task at hand.

“Are you okay?” he asked softly as if afraid that she would run away like a skittish kitten.

The girl only sighed, her eyes looking at the floor than at him.

She sniffled.

Kyungsoo panicked.

If she started crying the male wouldn’t know what to do.

Luckily for him though, the girl eventually shuffled her feet over to her door, grabbed her keys from her pockets with slow hands before disappearing a second later without even a word to him.

Kyungsoo stood in the hallway and paused in curiosity, wondering to himself if he would see her again.

*

*

*

A week without internet and Yeeun felt deprived.

She read through her entire bookshelf already and her library card had expired sadly enough (she was too lazy to get another one).

Since she relied on watching Netflix on her laptop because she could carry it around everywhere, when she first bought her apartment it never occurred to her to even buy a television.

Sure, she had some movies she could watch, but after a few times that got tiring when she knew exactly what would happen.

All she could do was mourn for her loss under the music of Imagine Dragons.

Her week grew worse when she realized she couldn’t even mope in the elevator because it was apparently out of order. Yeeun just wanted to sit in the corner of that moving box and watch the pretty lights move up to reach her floor because that was basically the only entertainment she had in her whole day.

She was pathetic and she very well knew that.

That was why it came to a surprise to her when someone was trying to her attention, and she could hear the footsteps run quickly up the stairs to catch up to where she was.

When the figure came into view, Yeeun regretted for a second of not putting in more effort what she was wearing and it wouldn’t hurt if she added some foundation to cover those dark bags she knew that she had.

Did men like him really exist?

Because Yeeun was sure she was having an existential crisis right then.

His lips were so full she wanted to run her fingers softly over them, his eyes that looked sultry yet innocent and Yeeun was left trying to decide if she wanted to hard-core cuddle him or burrito wrap them together under blankets.

Yeeun was sure that because of her internet deprivation, she was at the point that her mind was visualising a beautiful man just to keep her company. (Her mind was so sweet, trying to take care of her like that.)

That was until he touched her on her arm.

So, apparently he was real.

“I was just wondering if you’re feeling better,” the male asked, looking at Yeeun with those eyes that only made her want to dive right into them.

“Wait,” Yeeun said confused, somewhat disoriented, “what?”

“You were sort of hanging around outside your apartment the last time I saw you.”

Yeeun searched her brain, trying to figure what he was referring to, when it dawned to her. That was about one day after she lost her WiFi and she was taking it a bit harder when she learned of all of the things she wouldn’t be able to do anymore with ‘her’ internet.

She grimaced. “Yeah, I’m better now.”

The male smiled at her answer, and Yeeun’s brain may have short circuited for a moment.  “That’s good to hear.”

Yeeun tried smiling back but she wasn’t succeeding and it was only a moment before her own feet propelled her to continue walking up the stairs. As good luck would have it for her, he followed.

“I’m Kyungsoo.”

The girl mouthed the name a few times somewhat giddily before she noticed that Kyungsoo was looking at her.

“Yeeun.”

He smiled at her again and Yeeun tried not to cry this time.

Soon enough, the two bid farewell to each other (more like Kyungsoo did and Yeeun tried) and they split ways but not far as Yeeun saw from the corner of her eye Kyungsoo was opening the door beside her.

It suddenly clicked in her brain.

He was the neighbour she was stealing WiFi from.

Oh.

*

*

*

When music blasted from the apartment next to him, Kyungsoo now knew who was causing it.

He wasn’t actually bothered by the sounds at all which shook him whilst he was in his chair; in fact he enjoyed it and commended Yeeun for having such good taste in music.

His friend Baekhyun however, who took the odd days to visit found it annoying and he made sure to let

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter