five

The Lovely Bride

 this chapter is a re-post.

...........................................................................................................................

“Feeling better?”

Seunghyun look up from the files he’s reading to meet his father’s gaze. He occupied the seat where Yoona seated earlier. He observed his both hands, checking if it stopped trembling.

“Yes,” he simply responded. He automatically tremble if he really gets mad. Every man from the Choi family tree has this body reaction ones they got mad. According to his grandmother he inherited this from his great grandfather. “Done with your date with mom?” he teased his dad. He wouldn’t come in his office and cut their date short if it’s not important.

Did he saw Yoona? Maybe yes. He wouldn’t ask him if he’s feeling okay if he did not saw Yoona coming out from his office. Despite his age, he still looked like he’s still in his middle forties instead of his real age. His father is still young to retire and pass the CEO position to him but he said to him that he wants to fulfill his long forgotten promise to his mom when he asked her to marry him, to see the beauty of the world together. So when BIGBANG went in a long hiatus he accepted his father proposal to take over his position. “Yoona still has the power to make you mad and make you tremble really badly,” his father says in amusing tone. “The last time you went in to a fit of that is when you learned that your bride ran away from your wedding.”

He can’t help but to feel annoyed at his father after he reminded him of their supposed to be wedding. “So why are you here, dad?”

“Can’t wait to get rid of me son?” he said, still smiling. He stretched his legs straight and his arms wide. He knows that he is tired accompanying his mother to the places his mother wants to visits. Seunghyun is wondering if his father not tired yet of pleasing of his mom? “I came here to ask you about your plan of this company?” Choi Seung Ho suddenly questioned him.

“Why.”

“Okay, I won’t beat around the bush and asks you why you suddenly buy ‘The playground’. What are you planning, Seunghyun-ah?”

“You already got the news, that fast appa?” he chuckled. “I don’t understand why you need to come here just to ask me this question. You should’ve waited for me at home to ask me this instead of ditching your date with mom. And I bought the ‘The playground’ as an investment, what’s wrong with that?”

“If it’s other company, Seunghyun, I wouldn’t mind. But it’s belonged to the Im. And I know that ‘the playground’ is important to them – her. But you bought it. Is Kyung Jae aware of this? What’s in it for you? Do you still not mov---“

“I already moved on about it, dad.” He cuts his father’s never ending list of questions. “It’s been seven years.” Seunghyun stood from his seat and face the wall mirror behind his desks to look down the busy streets of Seoul.

“But why do you have to buy it? You do know how that that place is important to her, Seunghyun. Base on your action, you’re proving yourself that you still not moved on from what happened seven years ago. That’s what I am here about, to tell you to stop whatever you are planning about. Stop putting her or yourself into more hurt.” Seung Ho scolded his son. “Your group recently make a comeback and I know that you’re busy enough promoting and running this company so why not focus on that?”

“Uncle Kyung Jae knows,” he started. “He’s the one who ask for me for a meeting. He told me that ‘the playground’ is on the brink of closing and he doesn’t want that place to shutdown. And instead of selling it to other investments he chose me.”

He went back to his seat and met his father’s gaze. “I know that you hate Uncle Kyung Jae but this is a business matter, dad. Why would I let a good investment that cost millions just because of misunderstanding?” he said. He knows that what he told his father is true. He won this discussion already when his father took a while to make a comeback to what he said, or so that’s what he thought.

“That’s where you are wrong, son. You said it yourself, Misunderstanding. I never hated your Uncle Kyung Jae. He’s my best friend and still is. Just because he stops all the ties with us, stop communicating with us means I also cut our friendship. I understand what he feels, Seunghyun. For example, put yourself in Yoona’s position that time and decided to not show up at the wedding what would you think I’ll feel at that time?” he questions his son.

“Umm, anger?” Seunghyun answer with hesitation.

“Maybe yes, anger. But no. I will feel ashamed to them and would think that maybe I have no right to show up in front of them and try to explain your doing if you really did not attend the wedding, son. That’s why I said and repeat again that I understand my best friend. Especially after the incident of putting our family into unnecessary attention from the media ‘cause of the wedding.” His father carefully explain. “That’s why stop whatever you are planning. Let go of the----”

“Dad I’ve already told you that I let go and moved on. Okay, I got it already and understand the situation between you and Uncle Kyung Jae. So stop with this going back and forth with the past and about the playground I wouldn’t let it pass because of what happen between Yoona and i.” his dad just gave him a “I’m not convince” look. Because he also not sure if he really move on from the past.

When Yoona appeared in his office earlier he thought that she came to confront him about the playground. Her grandparents former house that turned to restaurant. Maybe not now but he knows that eventually Yoona will learn about it sooner or later. If that day comes he’ll make sure he is ready, the day that he would get even to Im Yoona.

It’s quarter to seven already when he decided to call it a day. He went near to his secretary. If he’s in his office his policy is he cannot go home first before him and if he needed to attend any shows, he goes. “Anyone leaves a message for me?” he asks. When his father left he cancelled all his appointment and put on hold any phone calls so he can process what happen to him today. The memory of Yoona this afternoon filled his mind and his plans.

“Miss Park left a message to contact her immediately once you’re free. Urgent according to her.” he informed.

He nodded. “Is that all?”

“Yes, sir”

“Okay, you can go home now.”

While nearing his car he pulled out his phone from his chest pocket and sends a message to Bom.

 

 

Seunghyun couldn’t believe what his noona just told him. Park Bom, his girl best friend. He doesn’t even know why would Yoona think that he and Bom is in relationship.

“You can’t be serious, noona.” He said, still cannot fully accepts what the woman in front of him just said. “You can’t back out on me, you can’t do this to me!” he says in panic.

Bom let out a sigh, thinking a way to how to explain her situation to Seunghyun without being overly dramatic. “I’m sorry, Tabi, but I’ve already made my decision. You do know that Chaerin is busy preparing for her US debut and Dara is busy filming her drama and maknae is also busy finishing her studies that put the group into a temporary break which mean that this is my only time to spend much time with my fiancée without worrying a schedule to complete the next day. This is my chance to spend more time with him.”

Upon all the words that she had said only one word manage to stay inside his brain. “What? A fiancée, you’re getting married?” he asked, still couldn’t grasped the whole situation yet.

And the woman clapped her hands giddily. “YES! He proposed to me two nights ago and I agreed. We talked about spending a vacation together and to plan our wedding. So please Tabi, I need your support on this.” Bom pleaded. Seeing the look on her who was he to take the one thing that would make her happy.

“Okay.” He breathed. “So when you guys leaving?”

“Tomorrow.”

“Tomorrow? TOMORROW?! And you’re only telling me this now? No, you can’t noona. You can’t go. If you go what about the shoot, you’re supposed to work with my magazine. We do not have time to find someone else to take your place…..”

“Oh, please!” Bom groan never she thought that this man in front of her is a whiner. Seriously he needs to stop talking, all she wants to do now is start packing, sleep and go on a vacation with her fiancée. But before all that she has to stop this man first. “Stop rambling, okay. And no, don’t interrupt me.” She glared. Seunghyun nodded.

“1st, I never asks you to recommend me to Glam & Fab; 2nd, you forced me into it and 3rd, I already talked to Mrs. Kim and explain to her why I could not do it. And as far as Mrs. Kim told me the original cover girl already done the photo shoots not just once but trice. Jeez Seunghyun and you just told them to replace the girl so I can have the job? And you think that I won’t notice the things you’re doing? I am not dumb Seunghyun you are doing this on purpose right, to get her attention.” she raised a brow on him, waiting for a response.

He heaved deep breath. Maybe she’s right. Maybe. He won’t admit it, not now. Not yet. And he’s not in the mood to explain to Bom his reasons yet.

He exhaled a sigh. What should he do? She made her decision already and he love Bom as a friend. He knows she deserved all her heart’s desires. Why would he stop her from achieving her happiness.

“Are you sure?”he asked.

“Absolutely sure.” She beamed him a smile. Glad that she finally convinced him. “And I am sure that the magazine will manage to find someone that will take my place.”

“Yeah. Wherever can we find that person who is as good as you?” he joked.

“I know one. Why not call her back?” She suggested.

 Yoona’s face invaded his mind upon hearing Bom’s word. He smirk, not a bad idea so why not right? When he left Bom’s place he dialed his secretary’s number.

“Yes?” he says upon answering his call.

“Call Mrs. Kim and tell her to call her back she will knows who’s I am referring. And don’t bother coming tomorrow at work I have another job for you.” He instructed.

 

 

........................................................................................

chapter six is on the process...