Chapter 8~ Confession Rejection

Us Against the World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*dinner party!*

Myungsoo POV

  Myungsoo, you better confess to her tonight.

I've been telling myself that for the lsat ten minutes now.  

We are sitting right next to each other at the table.  The dinner party is actually hosted by Hyung's amma, so it's at his house.

The only thing is that Soo Hyun Hyung is late.  His mom is cooking in the kitchen and IU is running to help her.  Jiyeon followed, then Eunji.

So it was only Hyungsik and me at the table.

"Where do you hink Hyung is at?"  Hyungsik asks while playing games on his phone. 

I shrugged.  "Let me call him."  

But before i do, the front door opens and, alas, he steps in carrying five bags of pancakes, lettuce, cabbage, etc.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Soo Hyun POV
  "Amma I went shopping a bit since you said you need supplies." 

My mom comes up and helps me.  "Aigoo, Soo Hyun...always troubling yourself.  Come here, come here.  Oh, and what a nice girlfriend you have."  

I look over at who she's talking about.  "Amma!  She's not my girlfriend!  Jieun is just my friend!"

"Aish, okay!  You don't have to be so hot tempered.  She would have made a very good daughter-in-law though..."

"Amma!"

"Aigoo...sorry sorry!"  

I sighed and smiled.  My amma was very silly. 

Jieun turns to look at me.  "Soo Hyun, hi!"  

I wave at her and quickly get to a seat, at the corner of the table next to Jiyeon.  

I need to avoid IU or else...

Everyone gets seated at the table.

But, Myungsoo points out an obvious fact, "Hyung, you should be sitting with your partner.  She's on the other side of the table."

Crap.  "Um...yeah I didn't know she would be over there.  Hey, I'm too lazy to move now.  Why can't she move over here?"  

And she actually does, even with very little space.  Worse still, we are touching elbows.  

"Um, Hyungsik, you should scoot your chair out."  

After he did, there was more space and it was much better.

~~~ after dinner~

"Let's play godori!  Who wants to play?  Since we can only play with 4 people the others have to wait their turn."  

I didn't feel like playing.  After all the excitement and threats today, I just felt like going to bed.

"You guys can play.  I'm very tired."  Before anyone could say anything, I stepped inside my room.

When I thought I was alone, well...I wasn't.

Someone knocked on the door.  "It's Jieun, can I come in?"

I opened the door and went back to sitting on the bed.  She plopped right next to me.  

"Yah, why didn't you come and play too?" She glares at me.

"I don't know.  I'm really sleepy with all that happened today."

"Hey!  I'm not that stupid!  You looked down.  Tell me, what exactly happened?"  

I didn't want to tell her.  I couldn't.

"N...nothing."

She hestitated to say anything for a moment, then gave up.  "Fine...I won't bother you with that anymore.  How about this?"

She took out the book I gave her and showed me a page of the book, a part I highlighted.  

"Soo Hyun, let's read together."  

"Um, okay..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

IU POV

  His lips are so y...

What am I thinking?!?!?!

We finished the chapter.  I guess I was too busy looking at his lips to notice him closing the book.

"Soo Hyun...can I ask you three questions? You don't have to answer them, but I'm just curious."

"Sounds good I guess." 

"Okay, first question.  Why do you like music so much?"

"It's my escape from reality.  Music for me is the air I breathe, the blood that pumps in my veins and keeps me alive."

"Wow, that was deep.  Next question.  I know you are a strict rule person, but would you ever give up music or any of your morals for someone you absolutely love?"

"If nescessary, then yes."

Good, he's boyfriend material.

"Last question.  Do you...like someone?"

He paused on this one.  "Well...let's just say if I did, I can't.  Reality forbids us to ever be together.  So I'm gonna wait for her."  He gave a bitter smile.

So it's not me.  

I couldn't stop myself from blurting out, "C..can it be me?  Instead of waiting for someone who isn't going to come, can it be me?  If you want, I can live the way you want me to.  As long as I could, being very careful, right by your side, like now."  

Aigoo.  Did I just say that.  Curse my stupid mouth.

"Jieun, did you just...confess to me?  I..don't know what to say..."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter