Chapter 10

Yixing and his way-out-of-his-league-and-bad-boy-crush

Yixing couldn't believe his ears. Was he hearing things? Or had Yifan just asked to go out with him? 

"W-what?" Yixing pulled away slightly to look Yifan in the eyes. 

"I-I mean I...I really want to know you better and...I want to go out with you" Yifan still had his arms wrapped around Yixing and his grip just seemed to get tighter. 

"Yifan I-" the words were caught in Yixing's throat, he couldn't say exactly what he wanted. He wanted to say yes. He wanted to say yes a thousand times. But he couldn't. "I can't...I'm not ready for this" Yifan furrowed his brows as he looked down at Yixing, he could clearly see the tears forming in Yixing's eyes. "This is too fast, I need to think about Joonmyeon "

"Don't think about him" Yifan dropped his arms and crouched down to look Yixing directly in the eyes. "I don't want to see you not by my side anymore, these past few days have been the happiest I've ever been...because I've had a chance to see you."

Yixing couldn't hold back his tears any longer. The Wu Yifan that he looked to for so long was asking him out and he couldn't say yes. Joonmyeon was lingering in the back of his mind and he wouldn't leave. Not until Yixing had spoken to him anyway. The tears were hanging from Yixing's jaw and were connected by a constant stream to his tear ducts. Not until Yifan reached his hand up and brushed them from his face. 

"Please don't cry, not over me" Yifan looked sincere and this only made Yixing's heart melt more. "I don't want to see you hurting anymore, I don't want to let anything happen to you, I'm not going to let anyone make the same mistake I did" Yifan's hand rested on Yixing's cheek and they looked at each other for a moment before Yifan leaned forward to rest their foreheads against each other. "Don't let me loose you again...please" 

Yixing could feel Yifan's breath intertwining with his and he never wanted to move from that position, he wanted to stop time and just have thoughts of Yifan. Only ever have thoughts of Yifan. But unfortunately, he couldn't. He couldn't stop time, and he couldn't only ever have thoughts of Yifan. 

Yixing pulled his head away first. 

"I'll see you on Monday" Yixing had to bite his tongue as he turned from Yifan and walked away, he couldn't bare to look at his face any longer. But this didn't stop both the rain and the tears from falling. 

-~-~-~- 

Yifan watched as Yixing turned his back and walked away. He suddenly became cold, actually, he felt cold as soon as he left his arms. In every sense, Yixing had become everything. Yixing had become everything Yifan wanted and needed. Joonmyeon might have beaten him there, but Yifan wasn't going to give up easily. 

He was quiet, sweet and an amazing musician. Yifan had barely noticed Yixing until he had become Sehun's latest prey, and now he was thanking Sehun that it was him. 

Yifan had found himself wondering about Yixing in every single situation, what he was doing, what he was thinking and whether he was thinking about Yifan. Yifan found it hard to keep his cool around him, his cold guy image had flown out the window and he wanted to be warmed by another person's heart for the first time in his life. 

The view he was seeing at this precise moment, did not come into his plan. And now he couldn't prevent his own tears from overflowing. The raindrops were becoming mixed in with tears and if this wasn't an example of pathetic fallacy then he didn't know what was. 

Yifan slumped onto the nearest tree before resting his head on it like he had done with Yixing's head only moments ago. This only lasted a few seconds before he was beating the tree with his fists and sobbing loudly. 

Yifan had never been reduced to such a state. He couldn't explain any of it. None of it. He couldn't explain his thoughts, feelings or actions. 

"Why can't you get it right Yifan?" Talking to himself seemed like the only comfort to Yifan right now, even if what he was saying wasn't comforting at all. 

-~-~-~- 

Yixing was running home as quickly as he could. The image of Yifan looking into his eyes had fully occupied his head and this prevented the tears from ever stopping. Yixing was at a crossroads, he wanted to return Joonmyeon's feelings but he wanted to be with Yifan. He'd always wanted to be with Yifan. 

Yixing opened the door and locked it quickly behind him. He slumped against the door and stared blankly at the wall in front of him. He needed to contact Joonmyeon . Now. 

Yixing eventually realised that however much he scrolled through his contacts, Joonmyeon's number wouldn't appear. 

-~-~-~- 

Yixing couldn't stop thinking about Yifan all weekend, he wanted to see him so badly but couldn't. He wanted to say yes to his offer but couldn't. 

Yixing was waiting for Joonmyeon to arrive at the canteen, he was sitting at a table on his own which got some strange looks from everyone else. He wasn't eating anything either...just waiting. 

"Yixing!" A familiar voice called. 

"Hey Chanyeol..." Yixing looked up briefly to confirm it was his good friend before looking down at the table again. The tall figure sat opposite him. 

"What's up with you?" Chanyeol asked with a frown. 

"I'm waiting for someone" Yixing replied, with a certain amount of bite in his voice. 

"Me and Baek we worried about you seeing as you weren't in the form room" Chanyeol kept persisting and it was starting to annoy Yixing. 

"Look, I'm fine, I want to be left alone" Yixing looked up to give a hard stare to Chanyeol who finally got the message. 

"Okay then.." Chanyeol slowly stood up, this kind of attitude from Yixing is something he'd never seen before. 

Yixing was alone once more but didn't have much time before he saw Joonmyeon entering the canteen. 

-~-~-~-

Yifan couldn't stop thinking about Yixing all weekend, he wanted to see him so badly but couldn't. He wanted to hug him so tightly but couldn't. 

Yifan was sitting in the form room with Sehun Minseok and Luhan while staring down at his untouched lunch. 

"You okay Yifan?" Luhan asked with a pout while simultaneously cocking his head to the side. 

"Yeah...not hungry" Yifan replied quietly. 

"Don't bother him" Sehun added, "I think we should make another shot at Yixing today...I was thinking a good old fashioned les-" 

"No!" Yifan shouted which caught the attention of the whole room. Yifan never normally raised his voice, this was a first to everyone in the room. 

"Why?" Sehun smirked slightly. 

"Because..." Yifan sank again in his chair "we've done enough damage to him" 

"Nah, I don't think so" Sehun twirled his fork in his hand. "I just wanna have a little fun" 

"Well you can leave me out of it" Yifan stood up, hitting it with his hand as he went, while staring Sehun straight in the eyes. "If you're going to hurt him anymore, I don't want anything to do with you" Yifan stormed out of the room while leaving the class with jaws at their feet.