Final~!

Worth

Kim Jongdae has never been nervous in his entire life. He was not nervous when it was his first day of school, he was not nervous when he had to audition to join his school choir, he was not even nervous when he had to do a solo song as part of the church choir for the Mass. And yet this thing, this one little thing, is enough to make his heart race a million times a minute, palms sweat and Jongdae is sure that if he were to speak, his voice would crack and he would stutter and he would just not want to exist anymore if that happens.

Jongdae runs his hair through his black, short locks. His mom woke him up earlier so that she could style his hair and forced him into presentable clothes as this is the day he would be tested. To be perfectly honest, Jongdae thinks that the tie is a bit much. He can handle the navy blazer, the crisp, white shirt and black fitted jeans that she chose. However, the tie makes him feel suffocated and it is too uncomfortable and too formal. But it is okay, because he is dressed more like dressy-casual than formal compared to the others that are in line.

One kid walks out of the testing room in tears and it makes Jongdae gulp nervously as he watches the male run off as if he has disgraced his whole family. Jongdae bites his lip, the clear and earthy scent of a beta lingers long after the male has left the room. Jongdae momentarily wonders what is wrong with getting beta as a result, but then he remembers how some parents desperately want alphas as their children.

The line gets shorter and shorter as the minutes pass and when it is Jongdae's turn, he does not feel ready. The large wooden door is wide open in front of him, and he can feel eyes of several students burn into his back. So he inhales, silently praying as he walks into the room.

The door shuts behind him and he immediately walks into the centre of the room just as his mom had instructed him earlier, he turns to face the direction where he meets the eyes of who will tell him one of the most important things that he will have to know. And that is whether he is an alpha, beta or an omega. The strong mixture of scents ranging from alphas to betas invade his nostrils. He rubs his sweaty palms on his jeans, biting the inside of his cheek as he waits to be addressed. 

"Please state your name and age." A female says, voice monotone. She looks to be about thirty-five or so, with lines lightly creased around her eye and mouth area. Her dark hair is styled into a sleek bun and her deep brown eyes burn into Jongdae's, his figure reflecting on her glasses.

"Kim Jongdae. Eighteen years old." He replies with a respectful tone, thanking God that his voice did not crack and that he did not stutter. He stands up a bit straighter and takes a deep breath.

After the female has written his name and age on her notebook, she looks at him again. "Let's begin."

*   *   *   *   *   *   *

Jongdae does not cry when he finds out his result. When he walks out of the room with short, slow steps, he ignores the looks that he gets and holds his head high even though he can feel his eyes begin to water. He refuses to cry, so he doesn't.

The walk home is unbearable, it is too easy for him to think about things. He thinks about how he is going to tell his family and friends, he thinks about how he will be treated by them, but most importantly, he thinks about what his family will do to him and what they will think about him when they find out. Jongdae knows they are excited, perhaps too excited, about finding out his result. His parents had been waiting for this day ever since he was born, and he clenches his fist as he thinks about what the looks on their faces will be when they find out.

He slows down his pace when he reaches his neighbourhood. He can see his house already, the only house that is painted a rich, royal blue complimented by the orange outlines and the white picket fence that they have. Their grass is a lush green and they have a cherry blossom tree  that has been there since before he was even born. As he inches closer, Jongdae is able to the window to his bedroom, and it is absolutely tempting to just climb up there to enter that way. But his family would be able to smell him immediately, so Jongdae just it up as he walks the pathway to his door.

Jongdae lifts his right hand to ring the doorbell, but his index finger hovers above it. His eyes are beginning to water again and he allows a couple of tears roll down his cheeks. He wipes the tears the the sleeve of his blazer and presses his index finger onto the doorbell before he changes his mind.

It is his older brother, Jongdeok, who answers the door. He is six years older than Jongdae, much more taller and much more muscular exactly like a stereotypical alpha. Unlike Jongdae, he does not have the same cheekbones or square jaw and his eyes do not turn into little crescents when he smiles. Instead of cheekbones, Jongdeok inherited their dad's arched eyebrows which make him look meaner than he really is. Jongdeok's face is much rounder and is slim, his eyes are narrower than Jongdae's which emphasis the meaness of his features. 

He greets Jongdae with a large grin, but he seems to have smelled his scent because Jongdeok's eyes have gotten softer and he pulls Jongdae into a tight hug, his biceps suffocating Jongdae's smaller figure. 

"You'll be alright," he whispers softly. "They will still love you no matter what." Jongdae wants to burst into tears, wants to tell him about that one omega sunbae he had who was bothered daily by some of the alphas in the school, and how he is going to face the same thing. Jongdeok pulls him in and places his arm around his shoulders as he steers them into the living room where his parents are waiting.

*   *   *   *   *   *   *

"You are an omega?" His dad says slowly, repeating him. To be perfectly honest, they probably were already able to tell the moment he stepped foot in the house because his scent would have gave him away. Jongdae casts his eyes downwards to focus on his hands which are laying on top of his lap. He nods his head, closing his eyes as he waits for their reaction. It is painfully silently for such along time and it makes Jongdae's stomach churn. "Well," his dad starts, and Jongdae expects the worse as he clenches his eyes this time. "We didn't want another alpha son anyway."

Jongdae slowly opens his eyes and lifts his head carefully. He sees his family smiling caringly at him and he feels the tears stream down his face as he lets out a short laugh of relief. He is too relieved to move, and so his family go to surround him so that they can hug. 

"We will always love and support you sweetheart." His mom whispers into his ear and it only makes Jongdae cry harder. It feels as if everything will be okay because he has his family by his side fully supporting him.

*   *   *   *   *   *   *

It has been two years since Jongdae had found out that he is an omega, and although the first few weeks were rough, it all worked out in the end. Jongdeok even swore to him that he would beat up any alpha or beta that tried to come even within a three foot radius to him. Jongdeok reasoned that it is because that although omegas are not entirely rare, they are not exactly common either and that Jongdae is too naive to the inetentions that others may have, alphas in particular. But Jongdae just thought that he was over-reacting. He still does. Jongdae loves him anyway.

"Zhongdae!" His close friend calls from behind him where is waiting at a bus stop. His close friend is a Chinese native from the Red Moon pack with the name of Zhang Yixing. Jongdae turns and allows himself to be engulfed in a warm hug. Yixing inhales Jongdae's scent deeply from the juncture of his neck and in turn, Jongdae runs his hair through Yixing's hair.

"Hey Xing ge." He greets as he pulls away, he lifts his head to meet Yixing's gentle eyes and smiles widely at him. Yixing grabs his hand (he is always so keen on skinship) and talks about random things, eyes wide with fascination. Jongdae takes the time to admire his close friend because sometimes he forgets just how handsome he really is.

Yixing is taller than Jongdae by two or three inches, his hair is the shade of freshly brewed coffee. His eyes are average; not too wide, not too narrow. There were always rumours about him floating around about how he used to get stoned because Yixing's eyes were always half open and he was often lost in his own world. Jongdae highly doubts that he did used to get stoned though. Yixing's orbs remind Jongdae of melted, rich dark chocolate which he can get lost in from time to time. His lips are slightly full, but not really. And to top it all off, Yixing has an adorable dimple that shows when he smiles and he is just too cute.

They met two years ago when Jongdae's family became Yixing's host family. Jongdeok kept a close eye on him, his eyes always narrowed when Yixing got too close to him stating that even though Yixing is a beta that does not mean that he should not keep his eye out on him. Jongdae had been learning Mandarin at the time and so was able to make out sentences, albeit they were broken and probably had grammatical errors, but Yixing just smiled brightly at him and was patient.

"Let's get this bus." Yixing says with his cute dimpled smile. Jongdae nods, and Yixing swings their hands back and forth as they get onto the bus.

*   *   *   *   *   *   *

Jongdae's phone buzzes continuously in his pocket and he internally curses at whoever is calling. The cafe that he and Yixing work at is packed at the moment and he has no time to answer the call. Thankfully, the vibration ends and Jongdae is able to attend to customers without feeling annoyed. 

"Dae!" Minseok, Jongdae's alpha friend and manager of the establishment, calls. "Jongdeok's on the line." He informs as he holds out his phone. Jongdae gives him a sheepish smile to which he fondly rolls his eyes at.

"You need to be home in an hour," Jongdeok tells him, "we're having a small pack re-union again." 

"That time of the week already?" Jongdae whines with a pout, he swears that they had a pack re-union just last week! The scent of arousal spikes up somewhere in the cafe which makes Jongdae scrunch his nose. 

"Yeah," Jongdeok sighs. "But hey, at least you'll get to see Sehun again. Am I right?" He teases, which makes the tip of Jongdae's ears burn.

"Shut up!" He hisses into the speaker. Minseok lifts his right eyebrow at him, amusement swimming in his eyes along with a grin. Jongdae internally groans, he probably just heard what Jongdeok said.

"He got his result today, you know, Jongin and a couple of others too."

"Kyungsoo and Seulgi are there already, right?" Jongdae knows that Seulgi is the same age as Sehun and Jongin, so she has gotten her results too. Jongdae cannot wait to find out whether she is a beta or not, because that is what she has always wanted to be.

"Mhm. Amber too. So I'll take it you'll be here in an hour sharp. If you're late, I'm going to hold a search party." Jongdae rolls his eyes but he smiles anyway. "Also hurry up, I think that Kyungsoo will do something to Baekhyun and Chanyeol if they continue to annoy him like this."

Jongdae laughs, "Tell Kyungsoo that I'm on my way."

*   *   *   *   *   *   *

His friend and co-worker, Junmyeon (a kinda beta who will turn into a completely different person if you ever cross him) insists on bring Jongdae home. He claims that Jongdae could get kidnapped even though there is broad daylight, and that he is not well prepared to fight somone if he needs to. The drive is quick and short, and Jongdae thanks Junmyeon with a smile as he shuts the door of the passenger seat. 

Jongdae watches Junmyeon drive away, waving until the car is out of sight. When he faces his house, he notices that there are many cars surrounding it and dreads walking inside.

The pack re-unions are held because the pack does not live together. In fact, packs have actually stopped living together because there has been a major decrease of enemy's over the last century. However, the other members of the pack live around twenty minutes away, others live fifteen minutes away. Just in case there is a sudden attack. They have the re-union every weekend, the other members of the pack arrive at Jongdae's house at Friday and do not leave until Sunday.  

"Oh thank God." Jongdae hears Kyungsoo mumble as soon as he walks in. The alpha makes his way to Jongdae and grabs his wrist, dragging him to a little spot in the corner of the room.

The house has a very strong mixture of scents, enough to make Jongdae dizzy, so he tries to concentrate on something else. Kyungsoo noses his cheek, a very alpha thing to do, placing an arm around his shoulders. Jongdae allows Kyungsoo to do his alpha thing as he scans the room. Amber is talking to Henry, Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Luna animatedly, Soojung and Seulgi are across the room, whispering things into each others ear with their hands clasped together. Jongdeok is speaking with some of the adults and elders and his parents are with the moms and dads of the pack. Children are running around, teenagers are all engaging with each other, but they are not the person he is looking for.

"Where's Sehun?" Jongdae asks Kyungsoo quietly, not wanting to be heard by his brother. But Jongdae notices the corner of Jongdeok's mouth lift and he curses inwardly at his stupidly perfect ability to hear. Of course wolves have hightened senses, but Jongdeok in particular has super heightened senses and Jongdae wonders if the good genes went Jongdeok's way instead of his. 

"Why?" Kyungsoo asks, his voice cold. "Why would you–"

"Please?" Jongdae pouts. He knows how Kyungsoo feels about Sehun and he probably should not have mentioned the younger's name in front of him, but he is curious.

"On a run with Jongin." Kyungsoo replies calmer but there is still a hint of coldness in his voice. He begins threading his fingers through Jongdae's hair as a way to properly calm himself down.

"Oh," Jongdae mumbles quietly, allowing Kyungsoo to place his head on his [Kyungsoo's] chest. The alpha's heartbeat is calming and his scent is re-assuring and Jongdae feels as if he will fall asleep at any moment, so he closes his eyes.

"They're both alphas, if you're wondering." The alpha informs him, making Jongdae hum in acknowledgement. Jongdae opens his eyes at the spike of anger that he can smell. He sits up, glancing at Kyungsoo in curiosity. Nobody is ever really angry at their pack re-unions, and Jongdae is not really sure why but his wolf perks up, feeling giddy all of a sudden. "Jongdae?" Kyungsoo calls out equally curious as Jongdae stands up abruptly.

"It's-" Jongdae inhales deeply, eyes closing subconciously. It is the smell of something like freshly baked chocolate brownies and milk, but it is not quite it because there are hints of earthiness to it. "Do you smell that?" Jongdae asks as he begins to walk. He takes big steps, the scent getting closer as he walks and it smells absolutely divine. 

Jongdae can feel Kyungsoo's curious orbs on him, and he is pretty sure that he looks mad sniffing around the room but he cannot help it. He stops walking when the scent smells the stronger it has and is awfully confused when he is met by someone's chest. So he looks up and a sharp gasp escapes his lips.

It is Oh Sehun that is staring back at him. Sehun's milk chocolate brown eyes staring into his own orbs. Jongdae can feel himself get lost in Sehun's eyes. He feels as if he is swimming, or rather drowning, in the light brown abyss that are Sehun's eyes. Jongdae's fingers twitch to touch Sehun's face so that he can touch his cheeks and run his fingertips along Sehun's pink lips. He is too busy being mesmerized by the alpha's eyes that he does not hear him curse quietly. And then suddenly he is being dragged away. The moment when Sehun's hand curls around his slender wrist, he is shocked by static. Jongdae's wolf yelps in happiness and even though he is confused, he is glad that his wolf is happy. 

"ing hell," Sehun curses, and suddenly Jongdae is snapped out of his trance. He looks around and notices that Sehun has lead them to the small clearing in the forest of their neighbourhood. "It just had to be you!" The younger says, staring at him through narrowed eyes and Jongdae is sure that he can see something close to disgust, and maybe even hatred. 

Jongdae tilts his head to the side confusedly. Just as he is about to ask what is wrong, it all clicks in his mind and a warm feeling spreads in the pool of his belly. Jongdae smiles widely, eyes disappearing into crescents as he does so. "You're my mate!" He exclaims happily. Jongdae is so happy, and he is pretty sure that if he were in wolf form he would be jumping around.

"No," Sehun says, voice as hard as steel. "You are not my mate." He uses his alpha voice as if he can command Jongdae not to be his mate.

Although Jongdae feels the need to obey because of Sehun's alpha voice, an immense pain in his chest becomes present and he is pretty sure that he is feeling this pain in his heart so he places his hand on top of the area where his heart is. His wolf whimpers and tears glaze his eyes, feeling unable to breathe. 

"But-" 

"No." Sehun repeats, "I refuse to have a weak omega as my mate."

Jongdae's knees give in, his head lowers and the seering pain in his heart becomes worse. He begins to tremble slightly, he squeezes his eyes shut as he tries to cope with the pain, hoping that it will dull enough so that he can stand again. Jongdae labours his breathing as he thinks about what his parents have said about mates before. He re-calls them saying something about how finding your mate is so special, and how you will fall in love instantly and that your whole world will feel complete. And yet here he is, being bluntly rejected by his mate.

"Jongdae!" His brother calls from behind. "Jongdae, what's wrong?" But Jongdae cannot do anything other than shake his head, as he clenches his fist, scrunching up the fabric of his shirt. "You , what did you do?" Jongdae feels extremely faint, but at the same time he feels as if he wants to throw up and he just does not know what to do.

"Nothing." Sehun replies just as cold as earlier, and that is the last thing that Jongdae hears before he goes unconcious.

*   *   *   *   *   *

When Jongdae comes to, the first thing he sees is his mom's worried face. "Hello baby." She greets softly, caressing his cheek and Jongdae leans into her warm, comforting touch. He notices that he is not in his own home, the scent is entirely different. In fact, the sheets smell like–

His eyes widen, "Mom, what are we doing here?" His breathing picks up and he is reminded of the pain again. "I can't be here!" He exclaims in panic, "Sehun, he–"

"We know darling, your dad and Jongdeok are speaking with him and his parents."

Suddenly, Jongdeok is burst through the door. His face is twisted in anger, his jaw clenched and his fists balled up. He strides towards Jongdae, "We're leaving." He announces as he scoops up Jongdae into his arms. 

"What? Why? What's going on?" 

"I am not letting you live with that piece of ," Jongdeok says as he stomps down the stairs. "You're too good for him and his weak little ." Jongdae now notices that Jongdeok looks like he was in a fight, a small bruise forming on his cheek that should heal soon enough.

"Kim Jongdeok, you come back here with your brother!" Their dad calls while their mom tries to catch up with them as they leave the Oh's house. His voice pushes Jongdeok to move faster, quickly placing Jongdae in the passenger seat of his car before running to the other side to sit on the driver's seat. He locks the car and their parents pound the fists on the car window.

Jongdae blinks confusedly at their parents before turning to stare at Jongdeok. His brother is staring at the steering wheel as if it did something to personal to him; eyebrows furrowed angrily, eyes narrowed, jaw clenched and his hands gripping the steering wheel so tight that his knuckles are turning white. His breathing is laboured and Jongdae thinks that if his brother does not calm down soon that he will accidentally phase into his wolf.

"Hyung," he calls, "what's the matter?" Jongdeok does not answer him. "Hyung, please tell me." By now his parents have given up trying to get them to unlock the doors of the car and are just waiting for them to get out of it on their own initiative.

"They want you to be with him." Jongdeok says through clenched teeth and Jongdae feels his heartbeat pick up.

"Wh-what? But Sehun he–" A slight stabbing pain in Jongdae's heart forces him to stop talking for a few moments. "He doesn't want me hyung." Jongdae says silently, almost pitifully even.

Jongdeok scoffs. "You know, I always thought that that kid liked you back. Actually, I thought that he liked you first." Jongdeok tells him which makes his eyes nearly pop out of their sockets. Sehun, like him? That idea flew out of the window when Jongdae found out that he was an omega.

The thing is, Jongdae and Sehun were friends. Not close enough to be best friends, but not so awkward that they could have been aquaintances. Although they basically grew up together like all the other pack children, they did not become as close as the others. Which is not normal considering the fact that packs are usually tight-knit, but Jongdae had always hoped that they would have a chance to become closer to each other in the future.

However after his revelation as an omega, Sehun started talking with him less and less. It started off with a few excuse like, sorry I can't go with you to the cinema hyung, I just have so much homework to do and the occasional, I'm so tired from school hyung, raincheck? 

And Jongdae always, always, took his excuses no matter how many times Kyungsoo told him that Sehun was no good. But eventually Sehun just stopped telling him excuses and cut him off altogether. In school he would ignore him, at the pack re-unions he would always be on the opposite end of the room, and when Jongdae tried to call him or talk to him he would receive no reply.

It hurt but Jongdae never gave up hope that he and Sehun could be friends again. Jongdeok did not seem to notice them drifting apart because even though Jongdeok is practically blessed with every good trait in the book, he is not perceptive. Jongdae often has to explain some situations to him. And Jongdeok did not know, until now of course. But Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo knew everything. Being Jongdae's best friend, he knew everything related to Jongdae. And he had always been protective, even more when Jongdae found out that he is an omega. Kyungsoo warned him. Warned him that liking Sehun would not have good outcome. Warned him that if he did in fact become an omega, Sehun would not like him because Sehun does not like omegas.

Sehun does not like omegas and yet Jongdae still never gave up hope that they could be friends again, and that maybe he would return his feelings. But obviously, Kyungsoo was right. 

Kyungsoo blames Sehun's human friends. He rants to Jongdae, more often than not, about how those stupid humans warped Sehun's image of omegas into something useless and weak. He rants to Jongdae about how they turned Sehun into a complete rather than the total sweetheart with the cute lisp that they used to know.

Kyungsoo does not hate humans. Not at all, not entirely. But the ones that Sehun has befriended makes his blood boil, makes him see red. And some of that anger is directed towards Sehun, because he allowed them to turn him into an , to make fun of omegas and make him call them useless and weak. Kyungsoo always makes sure to tell Jongin to bring the old Sehun back, but Jongin says that he cannot do anything because Sehun needs a push to snap him back into reality again. Kyungsoo disagrees, he says Sehun needs a shove.

"Maybe he didn't like me." Jongdae tells his brother, sadness dripping into his voice.

Jongdeok shakes his head, "No, Jongdae. When you two were kids, he always made sure that he was with you. He always told the other kids to go away when your back was turned, always told them that you were his." 

It warms Jongdae's heart to find out about this, the information makes his heart flutter and his stomach tie in knots. Maybe they were at lot closer than he thought? But he quickly dismisses that thought. 

"Early signs of an alpha." He reasons, biting his lip. It is reasonable seeing as alphas are possessive. Jongdeok scoffs but does not saying anything. "So. Want to tell me why you locked us in here?" Jongdae asks after a few minutes of silence.

Jongdeok seems to be thinking things through in his head, because one hand is reaching into his jeans to grab the car keys but stops midway. 

"It isn't that they just want you to be together," Jongdeok sighs as his eyes narrow. "They want you to live with him." 

Jongdae blinks once. Twice. Thrice. "What?"

"Dad and his parents came up with the idea. They think that Sehun might actual start liking you and then fall in love with you or something. I don't know. It's all just stupid to me."

Jongdae remains silent to think about the situation for a few minutes. Him live with Sehun? He is pretty sure that Sehun would just leave the house or something. But his wolf is screaming for him to try it, because maybe then they can become at least friends again.

"Let's go back into the house." Jongdae says carefully, knowing how Jongdeok will react.

"What? No. I am not bringing you–"

"Hyung." He cuts off. "I am the one that will be living with him, not you. Everything will be fine." Jongdae smiles.

Jongdeok's mouth presses into a thin line and he crosses his arm. "Fine." He says through gritted teeth, "but if he tries to do anything, I will rip him to pieces."

*   *   *   *   *   *   *

Sehun's home has enough space for both of them to live in. The living room and kitchen are roughly the same size, spacious and full of necessary items. There are two bathrooms; one upstairs and one downstairs. The only problem is that he only has one bedroom. The other one has been converted into a room to become a sort of smaller living room. One would think (Kyungsoo and Jongdeok in particular) that Sehun, as the alpha, would let Jongdae sleep in the bed. But that is not the case. Sehun takes the bed whereas Jongdae sleeps on the couch in the bedroom-turned-living room. Jongdae does not mind, not really, because he is sure thay if he just endures everything that Sehun will come to his senses soon enough.

Sehun ignores him at all costs. He does not even eat the meals that Jongdae prepares nor bring the packed lunches that he makes. Which saddens Jongdae, but he refuses to think negatively. Sehun is bound to talk to him at some point, right? He cannot honestly ignore him forever, right? But it's been nearly a month and Jongdae is beginning to think that Sehun will treat him like this forever.

Maybe he really is as worthless as Sehun implies.

Jongdae sighs as he takes the brownies out of the oven, they smell absolutely delicious. Just like Sehun, Jongdae thinks absentmindedly. He places the brownie tray onto the counter so that they can cool. Meanwhile he skips over to the fridge to make sure that there is still some milk left.

He perks up when he hears the door open and Sehun's scent begins to invade his nostrils, but then his scent is followed by horrible, human scents and Jongdae innerly panics. He somewhat calms down when he smells Jongin's rain-like scent.

"What's that smell?" Human friend number one asks as Jongdae hears the sound of footsteps come closer to the kitchen. His eyes widen and he scrambles to make himself look a bit presentable, wiping the flour of his cheek hurriedly. 

By the time they enter, Jongdae has his hands clasped together in front of him, smiling and ready to greet them.

"Oh," says human number two. "You didn't tell us that you got a , Sehun."

Jongdae's heart stops and his blood runs cold. A ? He thinks. Is that all he is to them? Jongdae clenches his fingers into a fist, finger nails digging into the palms of his hands. Jongdae does not know which is worse: The fact that humans called him a , or the fact that Sehun did not even say anything to correct them.

Jongdae can see Jongin restrain himself, the scent of his anger radiating off of him powerfully which makes Jongdae's head spin at the strong emotion. Jongin is livid, Jongdae can see it in his eyes, which makes Jongdae momentarily wonder why they are not mates instead. He dismisses the thought when his wolf growls within him.

To protect his pride, Jongdae opens his mouth to tell them off. To tell them that omegas are highly valued by the wolf community and that humans have got nothing on him. But he notices Sehun's eyes narrow at him, mouthing at him not to do what he is about to do. And Jongdae cannot help but obey his unspoken command and it makes him so mad that he is like this. It makes him mad that he is so willing to obey.

Human number three walks up to him, grabbing his face in his hands and inspecting him closely. "You got a pretty one, eh?" He says turning Jongdae's head both sides, his thumb running along Jongdae's lip, oblivious to Jongdae trying to escape his grasp.

Jongdae wants to, no, needs to get out of here. The amount of humans in the room make him feel unsafe, Jongdae can smell their lust and he knows that Sehun can too although he does not say anything. He pulls his face away from human number three while simultaneously shoving him to the ground. Time seems to stop for Jongdae as he watches the human's face form a scowl as he pushes himself up off of the ground. 

"I—" Jongdae manages to squeak out, watching in absolute horror as the human's face turns into an expression of anger. He immediately runs out of the room, heart beating out of his chest.

"Come back here you little !" He hears the human say from behind him as he stomps up the stairs. He quickly enters the room that he is sleeping in and locks it. Jongdae leans against the door, formulating a quick plan. He is forced to think quicker when the human tries busting the door down. Jongdae looks at the window across the room, he figures that he has about three minutes before the door is kicked down. Three minutes to jump out of the window and run. He does not prepare himself, all he does is run. His fingers, sweaty from nervousness, quickly work to open the window. He jumps as the door is open, landing on the front lawn safely.

Suddenly, a hand is pulling him up and Jongdae struggles to get his hand out of the strong grip. "Hyung, it's okay, it's me! Jongin!" Jongdae stops struggling to look at the figure and almost cries in relief when he sees Jongin's concerned puppy-like eyes. "Come on hyung, we need to go!" 

Jongdae allows Jongin to lead them away. Jongin holds his hand as he runs so that he will not be left behind. He looks back and notices that Sehun and his human friends running after them. Jongin rounds a corner and phases into his wolf, stepping in front of Jongdae. He wastes no time getting on Jongin's back, gripping onto his fur as he takes them away from Sehun's neighbourhood.

*   *   *   *   *   *   *

"What happened?" Kyungsoo demands when he opens the door, his hand reaching out to remove the leaves caught in Jongdae's hair.

Jongdae tries to speak, he really does, but all that comes out of his mouth are loud sobs. Kyungsoo ushers them inside, slamming the door behind him. Kyungsoo and Jongin lead him into the living room, making him take a seat on his leather couch. Jongdae wants to tell Kyungsoo about what happened, wants to tell him that Sehun's friends are monsters, wants to tell him that he just wants to go home. But instead he hugs Kyungsoo tightly as if he were his life support, burying his head in the crook of Kyungsoo's neck to inhale his comforting scent.

*   *   *   *   *   *   *

Kyungsoo places Jongdae on his bed. He stares at his best friend, admiring how peaceful he look as he sleeps. He then joins Jongin in his living room, hands clenched into fists, ready to destroy a particular lanky alpha.

"I'm going to kill that motherfu–" Kyungsoo stops himself from cursing, knowing that it will do nothing. He grabs his phone from the table and begins to type in Jongdeok's number.

Before he has a chance to press the call button, Jongin slaps his phone out of his hands. "Don't call him! He'll obliterate Sehun!"

Kyungsoo snaps his head at Jongin's direction, his large eyes staring into the depths of Jongin's soul. "Good." He says menacingly.

"What do you think Jongdae hyung will say when he finds out that you and his brother chopped his mate into pieces?" Jongin asks. It is a rhetorical question because everyone in their pack knows well enough that Jongdae would not wish harm on anybody. Whether they have wronged him or not.

Kyungsoo crosses his arms, "He deserves it." He bites out as he looks at Jongin with fierce eyes.

"Maybe–" Jongin begins to say, but Kyungsoo's eyes sharpen. "Okay, he does deserve it." He admits truthfully and the shorter alpha opens his mouth to speak so he quickly continues. "But this isn't what Jongdae hyung would want."

Kyungsoo think about this for a few minutes, "Alright. Fine." He spits out annoyedly. "We don't tell Jongdeok. But he's living here with me from now on."

Jongin nods his head, "Yeah, good idea." There is silence for a few minutes before Jongin speaks again. "You know," he says, "while Sehun and his human friends were running after us, he wasn't using his full speed." He sees Kyungsoo roll his eyes. "No, I'm serious! He should have been able to have caught Jongdae if he really wanted to! You know that."

"So what you're saying is Sehun purposefully didn't use his full speed?" Kyungsoo asks with a deadpan look on his face. "Are you sure that your eyes weren't playing tricks on you?"

Jongin shakes his head, brown locks flying in different directions."I swear!" Kyungsoo just hums at him, deep in thought. The shorter male walks to the kitchen, Jongin following him in suit. "So does that mean that Jongdae has grown on him?" Jongin asks giddily, chocolate kissed eyes filled with excitment.

"Maybe." Kyungsoo mumbles out, taking out equipment to cook. Jongin squeals excitedly and begins to babble on about how cute their pups will be and how he wants to be their godfather.

*   *   *   *   *   *   *

Sehun is an idiot. No, scratch that. Sehun is an idiotic jerk. 

He sits at his kitchen table alone, deep in thought. It is cold, too cold, and he is just blankly staring at the table. Usually at around this time, Jongdae would have breakfast prepared, waiting for him to take a seat. Usually he would be able to hear Jongdae sing at the top of his lungs, melodic voice echoing around the house. Sometimes, Jongdae would even add a few dance moves that amuse him. But Jongdae is not living in his house anymore. He suddenly vanished and Jongin has refused to talk to him, so he definitely knows that this is because of what happened two weeks ago.

The truth is, Sehun was mad. He was angry, livid, furious. He absolutely cannot believe it. Why would that human call Jongdae a ? Who do they think they are? Sehun was ready to shred them to pieces, his alpha instincts kicking in to protect his omega. But he couldn't. How could he? Not while Jongdae was there to see just how vicious he can really get. And now he regrets not doing what he wanted to. It would have been worth it to protect Jongdae and his pride. But instead he followed those humans. He ruffles his hair annoyedly, feeling some strands of hair being pulled out.

His phone suddenly rings and he answers it without a second thought. "Hello?"

"Sehun!" Chanyeol, an extremely tall beta with a deep voice, bellows on the phone. "Where are you man? Jongdae's already here." 

Sehun involuntarily perks up once he hears his mates name. "Huh? Where?"

"The pack re-union!" Baekhyun, another beta answers.

"I'm on my way." Sehun says with a monotone voice, hanging up quickly so that he can change into something decent.

Running hastily to his room, Sehun does not hesitate and walks to his walk-in closet. He chooses a pair of fitted black jeans, quickly changing into them and ridding himself of his old t-shirt. His eyes skim his shirts. He chooses an orange one and places it in front of him, turning to face the full length mirror on the opposite side of the room. He frowns, he knows that Jongdae does not really like orange and places the shirt back on the rack. Sehun looks for a blue shirt. Navy would be fine too. In fact, any type of blue is perfect because Jongdae's favorite color is blue and he wants to please his omega.

He spots a royal blue shirt and grabs it, immediately taking out the hanger and putting it on. As he buttons up the shirt, he cannot help but think of a domestic little image of Jongdae buttoning up his shirt before he goes to work. After what he has done for the past ten or so years, Sehun does not think that it will happen, but he can dream.

*   *   *   *   *   *   *

Sehun buys a box of cupcakes to bring to the pack re-union. On the way, he sees a shop filled with rings and a particular couple ring catches his eye. But he does not buy it. Instead he drives to Jongdae's parents house and buys a small bouquet of lilacs because they apparently mean first love. And that is what Jongdae is. Sehun's first love.

Sehun thinks that maybe it was the way he thought that his hyung was the best ever back when he was five years old, or maybe it was when he was ten years old and Jongdae told off those humans who were bothering him, but it could have been when he was fifteen and Jongdae looked at him like he saw galaxies in his eyes. Sehun honestly does not know. All he knows is that he should have known better.

Although he commends his toddler self for being able to stay by Jongdae's side and telling those other kids that the older male was his, as selfish as that was (but Sehun has always been greedy when it came to Jongdae), he is not so proud of his sixteen year old self. At the time, it seemed like an interesting idea to hang out with humans, see what they were like and adapt some mannerisms from them. But the thing was, they thought differently about omegas. Sure, alphas were awesome and betas were cool but apparently omegas were useless. Growing up, Sehun was always told that omegas are special and need to be protected but his sixteen year old self was too absorbed in wanting to be liked by the humans. So he stored anything to do with omegas in the back of his mind and started becoming more like the humans, and how they trated omegas. 

He would yell crude things about them during history class, trip some up in the corridors, and he could even get away with stealing their lunch and messing up their lockers. When Jongdae told the pack that he was an omega, Sehun's world flipped. How could the person that he has liked since practically the beginning of time be, of all things, an omega. He could not wrap his brain around it, already in too deep for his dislike of omegas. So, although it pained him to see Jongdae's sad face and mannerisms, he began to ignore Jongdae. Even though he ignored Jongdae, Sehun still kept tabs on him. If anyone was bothering him, they would answer to him before they got what Jongdeok had in store for them. 

But now, when Sehun looks back at it, it was such a stupid decision and he should not have gotten in to deep with the humans. His wolf has refused to allow him to phase, and he cannot even think straight. Not when he thinks about how he and Jongdae could be happily together, with their own house and maybe on their way to having a pup. He should have showed much more affection towards Jongdae, like Kyungsoo. Oh how Sehun envies Kyungsoo. The way Kyungsoo freely noses Jongdae and touches him irritates him to no end, he cannot help the spike of anger that he experiences when he witness Kyungsoo being too close to Jongdae. Sehun curses himself for being unaffectionate, especially when they were younger and the other pups were always trying to get their hands on his Jongdae. He should have been, because maybe then they would not have ended up like this.

Sehun sighs as he parks his car. He turns off the engine and opens his car door, grabbing the small bouquet of lilacs and the box of cupcakes. He closes the door with the hand holding the flowers and somehow manages to lock the car before making his way to Jongdae's house.

Although there is a mixture of scents, Jongdae's distinct scent of sweet honey and strawberries tickles Sehun's nose and he absentmindedly walks to follow the delicious scent. 

He spots Jongdae in one corner of the living room, Kyungsoo beside him with their fingers tangled together as he talks to Seulgi. Kyungsoo is doing that thing again where he noses Jongdae, but instead of nosing his cheek it is his neck and a rush of anger spreads through Sehun like a tidal wave. Jongdae is his only. Who does Kyungsoo think he is? Does he think that this is perfectly fine? Sehun is about to march over to them to yank Jongdae away from him and lead him outside to the clearing, where he will get on his knees and apologize. 

Except he does not get to do that, because Jongdae seems to have smelled his anger and looks around for the source causing their eyes to lock which makes Sehun stay glued to the spot. Sehun has missed Jongdae's caramel colored eyes, missed the cute kitten curls at the side of his mouth but most of all, Sehun has missed the way Jongdae has looked at him. But there is something wrong. Jongdae's eyes have lost their spark. Instead they look dull and lifeless which is a starking contrast to the kind and vibrant eyes that Sehun has grown up with. Sehun's heart aches and his stomach twists when he is reminded that he is the cause as to why Jongdae is even like this in the first place.

Sehun growls lowly and almost bares his teeth when Kyungsoo pulls Jongdae's attention, tugging at their laced fingers and burying his face in the crook of Jongdae's neck. Before he can stomp over to them to grab his mate from Kyungsoo, his mom appears out of nowhere and drags him away. His fingers clench tightly at the bouquet of lilacs as he forces a smile. 

*   *   *   *   *   *   *

"Just let me talk to him." Sehun pleads at Kyungsoo and Jongin, who look at him with unamused expressions. 

"No." Kyungsoo replies, voice loud and clear. "There is absolutely no way I am letting you near him."

Sehun bares his teeth at him growling loudly, which Kyungsoo does as well. "He is my mate." Sehun states, jaw clenched. 

"Yes and? Who the do you think are to do this to him? Because you sure as hell have not acted like an alpha." 

Kyungsoo's words jab at Sehun's heart, but he pays no mind to the slight pain since what he is saying is true. "Look, I know that I've been an —" Kyungsoo's eyes turn into slits. "Alright, I've been a ing bastard okay, but I'm going to change okay? Just let me talk to Jongdae hyung."

"Prove it." Jongin spits out. He and Kyungsoo look at Jongin. He has not said a word until know, waiting for the opportunity to speak. "Prove that you're changing, Sehun, otherwise we won't let you near him. You've hurt him enough."

"Alright." Sehun says, headstrong. "I'll prove that I'm changing," he pauses for a moment to debate on whether or not he can say the next sentence without Kyungsoo starting a rant. "Just–" he exhales softly, uncurling his fists. "Tell him to wait for me, okay?"

Kyungsoo hums and walks away with folded arms. Jongin trails behind the short alpha, turning back to send Sehun a thumbs up and a wink with a large smile. Sehun exhales in relief, knowing his message will get to Jongdae.

*   *   *   *   *   *   *

Sehun decides to start by cutting off the humans in his life.

"What the hell do you mean man?" Wonsuk asks. 

Sunggeon speaks up from beside Wonsuk, "Yeah. You're kidding right?" 

Sehun's lips form a tight line as he stares at them. Do they not get the message? Are they stupid? Actually, when Sehun thinks about it, they are stupid. He exhales, eyes rolling up to heaven as he crosses his arms and stands up to his full height. "No. I don't want you as friends anymore."

"It's because of your , isn't it?" Dongheon says. Sehun's head snaps in his direction. Flashbacks of what he did and thoughts of what he could have done to Jongdae invade his mind. Sehun glares at him as his jaw locks and he feels his claws about to reveal themselves.

"Don't call him a ." Sehun warns, voice deep with anger. His wolf is begging to rip Dongheon apart for disrespecting his mate, and it is so tempting do that. 

Dongheon laughs. He throws his head back and actually has the nerve to laugh. Wonsuk and Sunggeon do not laugh, instead Sehun can smell their fear which makes him smirk slightly. Good, he thinks. They are just how Sehun wants them to be. They do not know how much power he has, so they should be afraid. The pair step back slightly, which makes Sehun think that his eyes have changed into an alpha red.

"That  isn't worthy of you, Sehun. You said so yourself." Dongheon says after he has stopped laughing.

Sehun instinctively moves to grab Dongheon in a chokehold. Claws extending so that they graze the human's skin. "I never said that." He grits out, and it's true, because even if that was implied, Sehun never in his life thought that Jongdae was worthless at all. In fact, his life is worth one hundred of his own. Sehun knows that his eyes have gone an alpha red once he smells the fear begin radiating off of Dongheon. "You call Jongdae hyung a again, and I will kill you." His fingers tighten slightly to show that he is not joking.

When he releases Dongheon, the latter spits out something about getting him back for this. But Sehun pays no mind to it as he walks away, Wonsuk and Sunggeon making way for him.

*   *   *   *   *   *   *

Sehun feels like a huge weight has been lifted off of his chest. He walks to his car with a skip in his step. The next step, he thinks, would be to begin hanging out with the pack members once again. 

He calls Chanyeol once he is seated in his car, "Hyung, lets get bubble tea."

"Seriously?" Chanyeol asks curiously and Sehun can practically feel the underlying suspicion that he has. "This isn't some sort of joke, right?"

"No. You can even bring Baekhyun if you want."

Chanyeol cheers, "We're on our way!"

*   *   *   *   *   *   *

When they meet at the bubble tea store by Sehun's house, Chanyeol and Baekhyun have creepily matching smiles that makes Sehun want to walk out the door because he knows that the betas will say something. He gives them a small smile with a lazy wave as he walks to meet them in the line.

"Hey." He greets as he reaches them. Their grins have gotten larger and it is almost as if they are trying to hold back a laugh. Sehun rolls his eyes, "What is it? Spit it out."

"What?" Baekhyun asks. "We can't be happy that you're hanging out with us again?" He continues with a giggle.

Sehun feels a pang of guilt at what Baekhyun says and he is reminded of how the three of them, Kyungsoo, Jongin and Jongdae used to be one of the main circle of friends in their pack. He rubs his neck with his right hand, giving them a sheepish smile.

"Admit it," Chanyeols says. Sehun gives him a weird look. "You missed us~" He sings.

Sehun rolls his eyes playfully as he crosses his arms together across his chest. "Don't flatter yourself hyung." They continue to grin widely at him, inching closer at an almost uncomfortable distance. "Okay, maybe a little." He admits, stepping away from the pair. However they step closer again with a few giddy giggles, and they are grinning so widely now that Sehun thinks that their faces are going to split in half. "Alright. Fine. I missed you guys, okay." He huffs as he stomps ahead of them.

He is forced to stop walking ahead in the line when they encircle him in a hug. "We missed you too buddy!" They exclaim simultaneously and Chanyeol even ruffles his hair. Baekhyun just inhales his scent with a pleased smile.

"You guys can get off me now." Sehun tells them, trying to sound irritated with their skinship. But they know that he is just kidding, and just hugs him tighter instead.

*   *   *   *   *   *   *

It has been two weeks of reconciling with the pack members, and Sehun is glad that they welcomed him again with open arms. The only pack members who he needs to reconcile with are Jongdeok, Kyungsoo, Jongin and of course Jongdae.

Sehun starts sending Jongdae flowers. Different kinds with different meanings, that come with a little message attached. He figures that it is a good way to ease himself into Jongdae's heart. That is, until Kyungsoo tells him to stop because they are piling up in his house and are wilting. Sehun frowns and decides to come up with a different plan. However, he decides to have a talk with Jongdeok about how he feels about Jongdae and that he has changed first, seeing as Jongdeok is the first one who would volunteer to end him if he even takes a step within a ten meter radius of Jongdae.

The plan is better said than done. This is because all Jongdeok does is glare at him and growls lowly as if he is about to rip Sehun's neck off of his body. Also, whenever he does not have a murderous glare at him, Jongdeok just refuses to acknowledge his entire existence and Sehun thinks that what he is doing is fair enough. But Sehun needs to talk to him, so he is just going to have to grow a pair, swallow a bit of pride and talk to Jongdeok.

*   *   *   *   *   *   *

It seems as if fate is on his side, because Jongdeok is the one who talks to him first. They are, coincidentally, in the same supermarket on the same day at the same time. Sehun is just lazily pushing his trolley, blindly putting stuff into it, not paying much attentiom because he is thinking of what other things that he could send Jongdae. 

"I hear you're sending Dae some flowers." Jongdeok says, appearing out of nowhere beside him and Sehun turns to look at him blankly before nodding his head. "Look, I don't know what you're up to–" Jondeok's eyes narrow into slits, "—but if it's another one of those tricks I heard you play on omegas, cut it out because I will hunt you down and kill you." Jongdeok warns, baring his teeth slightly as his grip on his trolley tightens. 

"I'm not." Sehun replies, standing up to his full height. Jongdeok remains the same, but Sehun is sure that he saw a quick flash of confusion in his eyes. "I'm not tricking Jongdae hyung, or whatever okay? I'm just trying to win over his heart." 

"Why?" Suspicion lurks within Jongdeok's eyes, and Sehun knows that this is the time to make his feelings known and to maybe gain approval to start courting Jongdae (if that is still even a thing? Sehun does not know, but it sure sounds like a better idea than Netflix and chill.).

"I like– No, wait, ." Sehun groans internally, that is not what he was suppise to say. "I love Jongdae hyung, okay." He continues. Jongdeok does not look impressed at all and Sehun knows he needs to step up his game. "See, Jongdae hyung has always been so special to me. I'm sure you know how I used to yell at those other kids to stay away from him right?" Jongdeok only gives him a stiff nod. Sehun his lips, "And, like, sometimes when I look at Jongdae hyung, I feel like I see all the stars and galaxies and that he is the only one I'll ever need." Sehun pauses for a moment. "Look, I know I was a major –" Jongdeok scoffs and nods in agreement, "–but I wanted to be like the humans okay? I know I got too caught up, but believe me hyung, I didn't mean to go as far as I did!" 

"So," Jondeok says, mouth forming a thin line. "All this time when Jongdae used to complain to me about how his favorite friend Sehunnie didn't like him as much, and how you two didn't hug or hold hands or cuddle at all compared to the other pack pups, you actually liked him?" Sehun nods hastily. "And your toddler self just didn't cuddle with him because?"

"Because–" Sehun stops himself from talking. Skinship is extremely common between pups, and the reason why Sehun always avoided it with Jongdae is for a very embarrassing reason. Sehun gulps thickly, "Because I thought I would have squeezed him to death if I did." he mumbles, and his cheeks start burning and , he thinks that his lisp has slipped through by accident. "I-I mean, like, he was my favorite hyung back then too and I always wanted to do what the other pack members our age did, but Jongdae hyung has alway looked so fragile and I thought that I could have broken him! A-and–"

Jongdeok begins to laugh heartily all of a sudden. His laugh echoes down the bread aisle and Sehun can see a woman look at the weirdly from the corner of his eye.

"Aww, you're so cute Sehun." Jongdeok tells him once he has calmed down and this time Sehun's cheeks heat up slightly. "I mean, you and your little lisp and stuttering and your feelings for Jongdae." Sehun feels like digging a hole to the other side of the world and just live there. "Ah," Jongdeok sighs, "Jongdae did always love your lisp." 

Jongdae loved his lisp? Sehun absolutely cannot believe it! Wonsuk, Sunggeon and Dongheon always told him that he was better off fixing his lisp because nobody really likes lisps. So, with Jongdae in mind, Sehun went to a place that showed him how to perfect his speech. But here is Jongdeok, telling him that his mate loves his lisp and Sehun thinks that he is feeling too many feelings for Jongdae. 

"So like, can I ask Jongdae hyung to, you know, date me or something? I won't try anything, I swear!"

Jongdeok thinks about it, taking his hands off of his trolley to fold them across his chest. He stands up straighter and to be honest, even though Sehun is taller than him by a few inches, he has never felt so small in his entrie life. "I suppose you can." Jongdeok drags out, a grin spreading across his face. "But try anything, like marking or bonding him, or if this really is all a trick, I will hunt you down Oh Sehun." Jongdeok warns, his grin disappearing immediately as he gives Sehun his shaep, alpha stare.

"I would never." Sehun promises.

"Good."

*   *   *   *   *   *   *

Now that Jongdeok knows that Sehun is out to court Jongdae, Jongin begins talking to him again which is great and everything, but to be perfectly honest, Sehun needs Kyungsoo's approval also. And it is not like Jongin is not an important person to Jongdae, it is just that Kyungsoo is Jongdae's best friend and Sehun is definitely going to need to get him on his side if he wants to court Jongdae.

Sehun drums his fingertips on his kitchen table as he thinks of how he will make Kyungsoo acknowledge him as Jongdae's mate. He has thought of maybe just talking with him, but the shorter alpha is actually so intimidating so the idea just sounds daunting. But Sehun supposes that it is the only way to reconcile with him. Perhaps he should bake some cookies so that it will hopefully lighten Kyungsoo's mood. But he cannot even bake cookies, so he will just have to improvise.

Taking his phone out of his pocket, Sehun quickly dials Jongin's number so that he can tell Jongin to tell Kyungsoo that he wants to talk.

*   *   *   *   *   *   *

Sehun stands awkwardly in front of Kyungsoo's door. He is holding a small mocha cake that he bought at a bakery that he passed by. Kyungsoo has already answered the door, and his eyes keeping on moving back and forth from the cake to Sehun's eyes. Kyungsoo has an extremely suspicious look on his face, and he is glaring at Sehun so intensely that the younger alpha thinks thaf he will turn into dust. 

"What do you want?" Kyungsoo asks as his dark, piercing eyes stare into Sehun's soul. He looks like he is ready to attack him, his body positioned in a way so that he will be able to quickly form a fighting stance. Sehun his lips, his right hand raises to his head so that he can run his fingers through his freshly dyed blond hair. "If it's Jongdae, you can off." Kyungsoo tells him firmly and he seems like he is about to close the door so Sehun speaks quickly.

"I came here to talk to you!" He says in a rush so that Kyungsoo would not close the door.

Kyungsoo mulls over it for a few minutes before sighing and stepping to the side. "You have five minutes or else I'm kicking you out." 

Sehun steps inside slowly, his eyes wander around. He notices tons of vases placed at every spot in the corner of the rooms and his mouth tugs to form a smile because all those flowers are from him. As Kyungsoo leads him somewhere, Sehun glances around for his mate. The scent of the flowers tickle his nose, but there are underlying traces of Jongdae's scent which makes him perk up.

"Jongdae's not here, if you're wondering." Sehun tries not to look disappointed but it is very hard, considering the fact that he had thought that he would see the omega. "He and Yixing have gone to the mall." Kyungsoo tells him as he gestures for him to take a seat.

"So, uhm, I wanted to talk to you." Sehun starts off, awkwardly sliding the cake onto the middle of the table.

"Yes, I know. You've already said that." Kyungsok says, large eyes boring into Sehun's.

"It's about me and Jongdae." Sehun states, noticing how Kyungsoo's heart shaped lips form a tight line and how his eyes seem to have gotten more sharp, dangerous even. "I have been working to change myself, as you've probably heard," Kyungsoo nods stiffly, the scent of suspicion radiating off of him. Sehun his lips and gulps his saliva nervously, "And well Jongdeok has acknowledged me as Jongdae hyung's mate and has allowed me to court him." This time Kyungsoo's eyes turn into slits and there is a slight scent of anger that is beginning to arise. "But before I want to court him," Sehun says slowly, his heart pounding a million times per second which is weird because he should not feel this nervous. "I want you to acknowledge me as his mate too."

Kyungsoo continues to stare at him, his eyes have softened just a tiny bit and Sehun hopes that he is getting somewhere. "Mhm." The short alpha hums. "And why do you want me to do that?"

"Because you're his best friend." Sehun replies matter-of-factly. "And because I really do love Jongdae hyung, okay?" Kyungsoo gives him the most unimpressed look that Sehun has ever seen in his entire life so he knows that he needs to say more things. "Look, I know it doesn't sound true. But who do you think was responsible for making those humans leave Jongdae hyung alone? And who do you think made sure that Jongdae hyung got home safely after his extra classes?" Kyungsoo keeps quiet. "Also, Jongdae hyung is easy to fall in love with. I think that it was when I was five years old and he kept sticking to me like we were super glued together and treated me like I was the best thing he had ever seen. Or maybe it was when I was ten and he was tweleve, and he found me sobbing because the humans in my class made fun of my lisp and always bothered me." Sehun pauses. "But to be honest–" Sehun smiles softly to himself as he stares at anywhere else that is not Kyungsoo's eyes. "–I'm sure that it was when I was fifteen and Jongdae hyung always looked at me with awed, soft eyes as if I had put the stars in the night sky and different galaxies in the universe." 

Sehun smells the scent of something like twinge of happiness and so he looks back at Kyungsoo. The older male's eyes have soften completely, and his heart shaped lips have formed a smile. Sehun rubs his sweaty hands on his jeans and his lips. He is less nervous, but the nervousness is still in him, pooling at the bottom of his stomach and he is sure that Kyungsoo could smell it from him as soon as he rang the doorbell.

"Alright," Kyungsoo whispers in a low voice, if it weren't for their heightened senses, Sehun would have never heard it. "I'll acknowledge you as his mate." Sehun feels as if he is able to breathe properly again. "But hurt him again and I will feed you wolfsbane solution." Kyungsoo threatens, dark aura suddenly surrounding him.

"Never." Sehun gulps.

*   *   *   *   *   *   *

Honestly, Sehun feels extremely giddy. But he also feels like he can accomplish everything since he has gotten permission from both Jongdeok and Kyungsoo. He does not know what he should do next. However the couple rings from a few weeks back pop up in his mind again and he knows what to do.

As he drives to the jewellery shop, he feels as if he is being followed but he cannot be too sure. He can worry about it later, he thinks, because he really needs to buy the couple rings.

He parks his car, stepping out of it and locking the door. He walks towards the jewellers, ignoring the way his wolf howls at him to get out of there and go home. 

"Hello, would you like some help?" The sales person asks and Sehun just shakes his head.

"I actually know what I'm going to buy," he informs as he flashes her a smile. "That one." He says as he points at the rose gold rings that are laced with small swirls of jade. She nods as she slides open the glass and retrieves the rings. "Also, would you be able to engrave something on them?"

She nods, "Yes, and you will be able to collect it in a couple of hours if you want."

"That quick?" Sehun asks, surprised.

"I'm sure that we won't be busy today," she tells him as she glances around the store. "I'll just get my co-worker to engrave it. It should be ready to be collected after a few hours."

"Oh, alright then."

"Okay, so will you please write down what you would like engraved here, and I'll take care of the rest." She says as she slids over a notebook with a pen lying on top.

Sehun writes carefully to ensure that there are no mistakes. When he is done, he slides it back over to her. "Thank you." He says before he leaves, excited to collect it and present it to Jongdae.

As he exits the shop, his phone vibrates and he answers it without looking at the caller. "Hello?"

"Sehun, where are you?" It is Jongin. He sounds panicked.

"On the way home." He answers as he approaches his car. "Why?"

"Hurry up and go to the pack house." Jongin orders him. Sehun is confused, they only ever go to the pack house when they sense danger. But that is impossible because their enemies have had a major decrease in numbers that they could be extinct. Sehun remembers the feeling of being watched earlier and his eyes widen what if–

"Where is Jongdae hyung?" He asks imediately, not even finishing his earlier thoughts as he hops into his car.

"He's here at the pack house, don't worry. Just get your over here." 

*   *   *   *   *   *   *

Their pack house is in the middle of the woods. It is large enough to fit all of the pack members and has enough food stocked for them to be able to lives there for a few years, and when it runs out, they will have to go hunting instead. The house itself is made out of concrete, with multiple rooms. Usually, the parents (or elders) of the pack have their own bedrooms, the same goes for mated wolves. Those who are not mated have to share with the different pack members, including some of the younger pups. The living room, as far as Sehun remembers, is spacious enough for the whole pack to fit in and the kitchen is the exact same. There is a basement which is a game room, and a floor below the basement where the pups and omegas go when things get too dangerous.

Sehun has not been in the pack house for at least fifteen years and it makes him incredibly worried as to why they are returning. Something is clearly wrong if they are going back. 

On the drive back to his house, he notices that a car is tailing him. It does not make him worried nor nervous because he is sure that he can outsmart the other party. He takes a sharp right as he calculates different plans in his mind. The car is not exactly sublte about following him, so Sehun settles with going around town until it is night so that he can phase into his wolf and run to the pack house instead. But then he remembers about the rings and decides that he will have to collect it first.

Since Sehun does not know what he and his pack are up against, so he cannot risk calling any of the pack members, not when he is unsure of whether or not the other party can hear the conversation. 

He prays for the safety of the pack, especially Jongdae, as he turns left at the stop light.

*   *   *   *   *   *   *

Jongdae cannot stop pacing back and forth, chewing on his bottom lip. Sehun should have arrived hours ago, it is midnight now and he has not even called and Jongdae's heart is racing a thousand miles a minute. He knows that Sehun is able to handle himself, being an alpha means that you are able to fight ferociously against any enemy, but that does not mean that he is invincible. And that is what worries Jongdae, because what if Sehun dies? Jongdae knows that he would not be able to endure the pain if that does happen. 

"Jongdae!" Kyungsoo calls loudly. The omega looks at him, a huge amount of worry to be seen in his large eyes and actually looks like he will cry because they are glossy. "He'll be fine." Kyungsoo assures as he wraps his arm around Jongdae's shoulders. "You know Sehun is, he always makes it out okay." Jongdae knows that he is referring to the time that Sehun was eleven and he came home slightly battered because of some of the older kids in the school. But he was smiling just fine, assuring a sobbing thirteen year old Jongdae that he was okay.

"But Soo," Jongdae says quietly, voice cracking. "I overheard you guys say that it could be hunters. Hunters, with silver and poison and maybe even wolfsbane solution." In the extra-cirricular wolf history class that he used to take in high school, Jongdae learned how horrific wolf hunters were, how brutal and unmoral they could be, and the thought that wolf hunters are what they could be up against scare Jongdae.

Kyungsoo does not say anything for a few minutes, knowing that Jongdae is not lying about what he has said about the wolf hunters. "He'll be fine." Kyungsoo repeats.

Jongdae certainly hopes so.

*   *   *   *   *   *   *

When Jongdae smells Sehun's scent, he jumps up from his bed. There is also a hint of blood which makes him so incredibly worried, he races down the stairs and opens the door. A gust of cool wind hits his face and when he sees Sehun in his wolf form, he lets out a sigh of relief. Two of the pack healers, Kibum and Jonghyun push past him so that they can help Sehun. 

A searing pain burns in Jongdae's heart as he watches Kibum and Jonghyun carry Sehun. He is bleeding around his neck area as well as his hind legs. The blood coats his light brown fur and Jongdae whimpers at the sight, ready to burst into tears.

Even though Jongdae's vision has gotten extremely blurry, he follows what looks like Kibum and Jonghyun to the miniature house that is connected to the pack house which they use to treat the injured.

*   *   *   *   *   *   *

"He is going to be okay once he heals. Just let him rest." Jonghyun tells him, voice soft and assuring as he pats Jongdae's shoulders. Kibum nods and opens his arms to give the omega a tight hug. Jongdae does not pay attention to what Jonghyun places on the table as he steps closer to inspect Sehun.

"You'd better be okay." He whispers sadly as he drags a chiar over by the bed that Sehun is lying in.

*   *   *   *   *   *   *

When Sehun wakes up, the first thing that his mind registers is that Jongdae is in the room, his glorious scent filling up the air. He keeps his eyes closed for a few minutes, allowing himself to bask in Jongdae's scent. But then the next thing that his mind registers that there is a slightly heavy weight on his rights thigh so he forces his eyes to open. Sehun sits up slowly to find Jongdae's head on his lap, sleeping. 

Sehun allows himself to stare at Jongdae. His gorgeous omega mate. His eyes trail from Jongdae's soft, dark brown hair, to his long eyelashes that brush along his cheekbones, and then he looks at Jongdae's lips. Although they are slightly dry, the lush pink color still remains along with the curls at each side. 

Before Sehun knows it, his hand is already outstretched and threading through Jongdae's locks. He does this for a few minutes, smiling softly. That is until he remembers the couple rings and he begins to panic internally. He looks around the room frantically, sighing in relief when he spots the tiny, velvet box on the table near the window.

Jongdae begins to stir, which causes Sehun to quickly try to get back to his sleeping position. He closes his eyes and regulates his breathing just as his mate lets out a cute little yawn. 

"Why are you not awake yet?" Jongdae questions quietly and Sehun can imagine the pout that the omega is doing. 

The door opens followed by a, "Hey Jongdae hyung, come to the house and eat." By Jongin.

"No. I want to wait until Sehun wakes up."

"Jongdae, you haven't left this room since he got here. Come on, I'm sure he'll be safe." Kyungsoo says. As much as Sehun is touched by the fact that Jongdae has stayed here with him without leaving, but he should really go and eat because Sehun is not worth missing food over (considering the fact that he has been a major to the omega) and Sehun because is just genuinely concerned about his mate's wellbeing.

"But–"

"No, hyung. Sehun would want you to eat." 

Jongin's sentence is follwed by silence before Jongdae huffs out a small, "Fine." 

Sehun waits until he is sure that the three are gone before opening his eyes. He hops out of the bed, walking over to the small mirror on the other end of the room. He wrinkles his nose at his appearance, rubbing the crust out of his eyes before trying to fix his hair with his fingers. Once he deems himself presentable enough to face Jongdae, Sehun turns around to walk over to the table and grab the velvet box with the couple rings.

Once Sehun steps outside, his wolf begins to act up. A feeling of something like a warning of danger begins to pool at his stomach and tie itself in knots. He turns his head sharply to the right when he hears the slightest crunching of leaves. His eyes widen when he inhales deeply, there is a scent of humans and silver. Sehun does not hesitate to sprint over to the pack house.

"Sehun!" Amber greets with a smile, which falters when she sees the sight of his face. "What's wrong?" She asks seriously, standing up straighter making her really look like a beta.

"Get all the pups and omegas into the room." Sehun orders in his alpha voice. "Immediately." Amber bows her head slightly before marching away to do as she is told.

Sehun then searches for Jongdeok hastily. "Hyung!" He calls when he spots him on the other side of the room. He places the velvet box on the small table where a plant has been placed.

"I know." Jondeok says as he turns to meet Sehun's eyes. Jongdeok's eyes are a raging red and Sehun is sure that he has never seen him like this before. "I called the others. We'ee going outside in a second." Just as he says that, a bullet breaks through a window. The pups begin to wail from somewhere in the room, making both Sehun and Jondeok curse.

"Let's go!" Kyungsoo exclaims as he appears with Jongin, Minseok and a few other alphas, Sehun also notices Seulgi along with Soojung. They nod at him and Jongdeok. A round of bullets break the glass in a different room, and this time the betas appear. They nod at each other before phasing into their wolves.

They jump out of the house by the broken windows, and they are immeditaely faced by their enemies. All of them growl, Sehun being one of the loudest when he spots Dongheon among them. Jondeok charges at them first and the rest follow.

Sehun planned to go after Dongheon, but the sound of someone howling in pain gathers his attention. Pack is more important. So he dashes over to where Junmyeon is laying and pounces on the hunter, swiping his large claw on his stomach as his teeth sink into the juncture of his neck, ripping his skin apart.

Junmyeon nods at him, blood staining his fur. The beta stands up once again and runs off to another hunter. Sehun does the same, repeating the process of killing the hunter. 

*   *   *   *   *   *   *

Jongdae looks at the sleeping pups, thanking the heavens that they decided to make this room soundproof. The other omegas are scattered around the room, about to fall asleep, but Jongdae can't fall asleep. Not when his mate is out there. Sehun has just been injured and should not be fighting. Jongdae knows that he has most likely healed, but he does not care. He bites his lip, glancing at the other omegas. They are nestled around and between the pups, sound asleep. Jongdae then glances at the door, knowing that he should follow the uneasy feeling in his gut.

*   *   *   *   *   *   *

Sehun pants as he bares his teeth at the remaining hunters. Many of the alphas are severly injured, they are so injured that they are not even healing like they are suppose to. Sehun does not dare to look around, not wanting to see the sight of the injured. 

Dongheon stands in the middle of the hunters, smirking as he stands with a gun in his hand. "Come on out Sehun!" He calls, "Fight me in your human form! Fight me like a man!" Sehun's growl echoes throughout the whole forest. He does not want to take the bait. "Are you scared? The Alimghty Oh Sehun is afraid to fight me like a man?" Dongheon yells. Sehun screws his eyes shut, labouring his breathing. He does this until Dongheon yells, "What would your have to say about this?" 

That is when Sehun snaps. His eyes fly open, and all he can see is red. Phasing into his human form, Sehun charges at Dongheon who is laughing like a maniac. 

Too focused on what he is going to do once he tackles Dongheon and kill him with his fists, Sehun does not hear a hunter is gun nor does he smell the sweet scent of his mate. 

Sehun feels himself being shoved, and then he smells the distinct smell of blood mixing with silver. His gut twists in horror as he looks to see Jongdae, in his human form, on the ground. His blood seeping out of his shoulder. For a moment, everything in Sehun's world stops. He cannot hear anything, not Jongdeok growling as he pounces on the hunter, not Kyungsoo or Jongin who rush by Jongdae's side to help him. As he watches Jongin carry Jongdae away to the pack house, Sehun is snapped back into reality. 

Sehun clenches his fists tightly, baring his teeth. Everything is red. He is livid. Furious. Ready to kill. He spins around to find Dongheon smiling insanely at him, making a pretend gun with his hand and pretending to shoot him. Sehun wastes no time sprinting over to him, phasing as he does so. Everything in sight is too red, too blurry and Sehun cannot control himself. He feels himself get dragged away but his paws still try to tear something, anything. He is growling too loud and he does not know what to do.

"Sehun, please stop!" Kyungsoo yells as Jongdeok kills the rest of the hunters. Sehun tries to release himself from the strong grip that Kyungsoo has on him, but Kyungsoo is using his alpha strength to hold him and he knows that fighting the shorter male with his own alpha strength would do no good because they would both cancel each other. "Sehun, please!" 

But all Sehun can hear is a white noise. His heart beats rapidly, painfully, and he feels as if he is going to lose his sanity. He shifts back into his human form and the only thing he can do is cry. He hates it, but the pain is too unbareable and sobbing is the only thing that he thinks that he can do since he is no good at the medical stuff so he cannot even attempt to save Jongdae. He feels as if he has lost his world. And he is pretty sure that he has lost the plot because all of a sudden he is running. He runs around the pack house, around the clearing. He runs until he think he can go to the pack house to see Jongdae.

*   *   *   *   *   *   *

"You're such an idiot." Sehun whispers as soon as he takes the seat and places it by the bed that Jongdae is sleeping on. He winces when he sees that the omega's shoulder has been bandaged because he knows that that it should have been him injured, he should be the one laying on the bed. "Why would you do this for me, idiot." He mumbles as he feels a wave of tears gloss his eyes, blurring his vision. "After how I've treated you. You're such an idiot, hyung." He sniffles as his tears begin to fall down his cheeks. Sehun stuffs his hands in the pockets of his hoodie, grabbing the velvet box that he took from the table earlier. "I bought this for you and me, hyung." He says brokenly, "I thought you'd like it. It's quite pretty, I got it engraved for you and everything." He cries quietly. He fingers tremble as he takes Jongdae's ring out of the box, he wipes his tears with the back of his sleeves before slipping the ring on Jongdae's ring finger. "One for you," he says as he takes his ring and places it on his own ring finger, "And one for me." 

Sehun does not say anything else after that. He just continues sobbing. He is not exactly sure how long he cries for, but he does not really care.  The tears just seem endless.

*   *   *   *   *   *   *

"Sehunnie?" 

Sehun's eyes snap open. Nobody has called that since he was sixteen. Only one person calls him by that nickname and Sehun's heart skips a beat (or maybe two, or three, he is not really sure) and he feels his heart get caught in his throat when his eyes crack open and Jongdae is sitting up, smiling brightly at him as if he just didn't get shot by a silver bullet and has not woken up for three days. Jongdae looks like a mess, his hair is all over the place and he has eye crust and dried drool but Sehun feels as if he has been saved by his beauty anyway, especially when Jongdae smiles at him that same smile that he had all those years ago when he looked at him like he had all the stars and galaxies in his eyes. 

"Hyung!" Sehun greets, bolting up. Jongdae's eyes turn into pretty crescent moons and Sehun seriously thinks that he has not looked any better than this. "You're awake!" Jongdae nods, running his hands through his messy hair. "Finally." Sehun adds, "I mean did you know how long I sat here for?" 

Jongdae chuckles and Sehun honestly thinks that life has never been better. "I'm sorry. But it's not like I specifically asked you to stay."

"But it's not like you could." Sehun shoots back. Jongdae hums, and a serious atmosphere takes place. "Why would you do that for me, hyung? After what I did and didn't do." Sehun tries to find more words, but tears glaze his eyes again and he is so sick of this crying business. He is an alpha. He is strong, not some crybaby. "I mean-" And he cannot even finish his sentence because he begins crying, and ah , he thinks because Jongdae must think that he is some big ing loser who cannot do anything but cry and act like a coward. 

"You would have done the same for me, Sehunnie. I know you would have." Jongdae answers, and through his blurry vision, Sehun can see that Jongdae smile is soft and his eyes are kind. "This ring is cute, Hun." He comments as he wipes Sehun's tears away and it makes him flush for some reason. 

"Hyung—" Sehun starts. Jongdae lifts his eyebrows slight, looking at him patiently as he thinks of what he wants to say. "I love you." Jongdae just blinks at him as if he is trying to process what Sehun has just said. "I mean, like, every time I look at you my heart beats faster and my palms get all sweaty. And when you look at me and smile as if I created the entire universe my stomach ties in knots and I feel too warm. Also when you laugh, it's like angels are singing." Sehun dabs his tongue on his lips before biting his upper lip. "I know this is weird for you because you probably think that I have some sort of hatred for omegas, but I really don't, I swear! And like, I have basically been in love with you throughout my entire life and sorry that I was an and that I never did skinship with you when we were pups." 

 "You love me?" Jongdae asks quietly.

"Yes." Sehun replies sincerely, meeting Jongdae's eyes. "I love you, and I think that you are worth more than a billion of me so please don't think that I don't value you."

Jongdae's eyes have gotten all glossy and he smiles the brightest smile that Sehun has ever seen. The scent of euphoria and relief radiates from him. "Thank God," he whispers as he wipes the tears that have escaped from his eyes. "Thank God you love me back." Jongdae says as he takes Sehun's hand and interlocks their fingers with a cute smile.

Sehun feels all warm and fuzzy and he so desperately wants to kiss Jongdae. His mate looks at him with love beaming from his eyes and it adds to Sehun's desperation. So he leans in slowly, tilting his head slightly.

"ALRIGHT! That's enough now!" Kyungsoo eclaims as he walks in. "It's my turn to be with Jongdae." He states as he marches over to them with Jongin, Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Seulgi trailing behin him. Sehun bares his growls at them.

"You are so cute Sehun!" Chanyeol comments with a goofy smile.

"Yeah, you and your cute little confession! Oh my gosh! like guys, did you hear his lisp? Our little Sehun must have been so nervous." Baekhyun adds.

Jongin and Seulgi giggle while on the other hand, Sehun's ears feel as if they are on fire as he rubs the back of his neck. "Shut up!" He says weakly as he bares his teeth at them as they walk closer to him and Jongdae.

Jongin pulls on his cheeks, "Aw, how cute."

Sehun slaps him on the arms to release his cheeks. "You guys are ruining the mood." He whines as he drops his head on the blankets that are wrapped around Jongdae.

"Well excuse you, it's not my fault that I have not seen my best friend in three days because a certain alpha has been keeping him all to himself." Kyungsoo states as he drags a chair over.

"'Ruining the mood', huh Sehun? And just exactly what were you planning to do with my baby brother?" Jongdeok questions as he stroll in with a large tray full of freshly cooked food. Sehun sits up immediately, stuttering as his brain scrambles for an answer. "I still need to have a talk with you about bonding and mating with him." He adds when he reaches Jongdae, giving Sehun a raised eyebrow look.

Sehun feels all too warm and it makes Jongdae coo at him. "Aw leave my mate alone you guys." He orders with a large grin. 

They do as they are told and begin to talk all at once, trying to get Jongdae to pay attention to each of them as they try to speak louder than tge person next to them. This includes Kyungsoo, which shows that Jongdae has been gone for three days too long. Sehun is glad that the spotlight is off of him and settles for just watching Jongdae nod at whatsver the other pacj members are saying.

With the need to kiss Jongdae still present within Sehun, he quickly pecks his mate on the cheek. Sehun loves the shy smiles and pink dusted cheeks that it earns him, the cheering of the other pack members in the room fading into the background when Jongdae glances at him for a moment.

Sehun thinks that he is incredibly lucky to have Jongdae as his mate and would not change anything at all.

fin.


helloooo darlings~ so i know that this took forever to update, but i hope that it satisfied you when you read it and that it was worth the wait?? reminder that this is not edited so sorry for the mistakes and this is rubbish (like me) also i may strayed away from the prompt maybe…?? either way, i hope that y'all liked it?? ♥♡♥ ≧﹏≦

ask.fm: ask.fm/ChimChimsJams