Part 1

The Switch Up

Byun Baekhyun and Do Kyungsoo were complete opposites... and not all opposites attract.

 

Around the university, Byun Baekhyun was known as the socialite beauty. Born with good looks and adept social skills made Baekhyun one of the most well known names around campus. Maybe this was one of the reason how Baekhyun scored football quaterback, Kim Jongin, whom he had been dating on and off for a year and a half. On campus, Jongin and Baekhyun were known as the "it" couple. The couple that everyone wanted to be. Girls envied Baekhyun for being with the university's quarterback, while men despised Jongin for being the one that captured Baekhyun's heart. What everyone didn't know was that in reality, the couple was really having relationship problems. 

 

Chewing his gum, Baekhyun rolls his eyes as he watches his immature boyfriend play a game on his phone. "What are we doing today?" 

 

"I'm going to practice." Jongin states with little enthusiam. "I don't know about you..."

 

"Really? Can't you just skip it today so we could do some things?" Baekhyun questions, seductivly as he leans in closer and whispers into his boyfriend's ear. Baekhyun's about to do something really y when he suddenly sees Jongin picking his ear and burp afterwards, causing Baekhyun to almost barf. "Jongin, stop... That's ing disgusting."

 

"Sorry princess but it's nature." Jongin smiles, cheekily. "... But I'm not really in the mood today."

 

"Gee, thanks." Baekhyun groans, as he gathers his belongings. 

 

"Where are you going?"

 

"Back to the dorm." Baekhyun replies, standing up to head to there room. "If I stay here, we'll get into another damn fight so I'd rather just leave."

 

Do Kyungsoo, however, was was known as the with the high grades around campus. And the student council president who restricted everything fun in university... and was occassionaly refered to as "satan." Unlike Baekhyun, Kyungsoo didn't have much friends -probably because of Kyungsoo's uptight personality. No one wanted to be Kyungsoo nor did they want to associate themselves with him. 

 

"I told you to stop smoking in the restroom!" Kyungsoo says, when he enters the room and sees Chanyeol lying ontop of his bed listening to his loud, rock music. Park Chanyeol the university's delinquent and badass is suprisingly the only person around campus that could tolerate being friends with Kyungsoo -probaby due to the fact that the two are childhood friends and roomates. 


"I wasn't." Chanyeol replies, removing one earbud to listen to Kyungsoo's nagging. "I was vaping. There's a difference."


"How would I know that?"


"Well, maybe if you weren't such a goody two shoes then maybe you would've." Chanyeol replies, watching as Kyungsoo takes a deep breath. "Lighten up. At least I didn't set the building on fire, Mr. President." 

 

"Chanyeol... I know you're going through a rough time but you can't just skip classes. You know you-" 

 

"Relax. I'm doing fine... I'm not failing."

 

Kyungsoo sighs. "I know that. You're ranked second among the whole campus... but still. Go to class. You're going to get expelled if you keep this up and your parents-" 

 

"Doesn't matter."

 

"Chanyeol-"

 

"Fine!" Chanyeol groans, fed up with Kyungsoo's constant nagging. "I'll go to class. Just stop bugging me."

 

When Kyungsoo finishes up with his conversation with Chanyeol, he steps outside and sees Baekhyun approaching. To Kyungsoo, Baekhyun was annoying and loud. To Baekhyun, Kyungsoo was too strict and needed to loosen up. But it wasn't like the two didn't get along with one another... they were just polar opposites and neither wanted to be friends with one another. 

 

Kyungsoo clears his throat, as Baekhyun walks up to him. "Mr. Byun."

 

"I told you to call me Baekhyun." Baekhyun fakes a smile, as he pats Kyungsoo's back. "So Mr. President where are you heading off to today on this beautiful friday afternoon? Perhaps even expell some students for not behaving properly?"

 

Kyungsoo laughs slightly. "And you? Are you going to a party today with that quarterback boyfriend of yours?"

 

Baekhyun gasps, mockingly. "I didn't know you knew about Jongin and I... Maybe the rumors of you installing cameras around the campus was true. I'm impressed, Kyungsoo. I truely am."

 

"Considering you're not busy, why don't you come and have a drink with me?" Baekhyun offers. "It's on me."

 

"Why not." Kyungsoo replies, accepting Baekhyun's offer for a drink.

 

 The nearest bar was located only a couple of miles from the university, which was ironic to Kyungsoo. Entering the bar, Kyungsoo sees a bunch of familiar faces, staring at him in what appeared to be shock and fear. When the two are finally seated at the bar, the bartender gives them a warm smile. "Welcome back, Baekhyun and you are?"

 

"Kyungsoo." Kyungsoo replies, shaking the man's hand. 

 

"Nice to meet you, Kyungsoo. I'm Xiumin." Xiumin says, placing a slice of mint inside of the shaker before he shakes it. Xiumin shakes it a couple of times, before he pours it into 3 cocktail glasses and then hands them to the other people around the bar. Xiumin then turns his atteniton back to Baekhyun and Kyungsoo. "May I offer you two anything to drink? Rum? Beer? We also have a stock of vodka-"

 

 "Give us 2 rum on the rocks." Baekhyun announces, turning to Kyungsoo with a sly smile. 

 

"Coming right up!" Xiumin says, as he begins preparing the drinks. Xiumin grabs two cold glasses and then places an appropriate amount of ice in each. When he's finished with his preperation, Xiumin then grabs the rum and pours it into the glasses, before he hands it Baekhyun and Kyungsoo. 

 

"Cheers." Baekhyun and Kyungsoo toasts, before gulping down there drinks. 

 

-

 

 

The following morning, Kyungsoo finds himself deeply enveloped in a large, white comforter. Opening his eyes, Kyungsoo scans his eyes and sees the white wall covered with posters and pictures with all different sorts of football players and movies, making Kyungsoo suprised because the only posters he had in his room were rock posters on Chanyeol's side, which Kyungsoo often nagged to remove because it looked "tacky" and scary at night to look at. There was also a television set and a bookshelve filled with manga and a couple of figurines. The room looked much larger than his old room...

 

Then Kyungsoo suddenly feels a warm hand tightly wrapping themselves around his waist. Turning stiffly towards the other side, Kyungsoo sees a body besides his. It's not clear who the person was, but from what Kyungsoo could see was that the man was good looking and had very distinct features.

 

When Jongin opens his eyes, he sees Baekhyun lying besides him. "Morning babe."

 

Then a scream occurs, causing Jongin to be startled. The next Jongin knows is that he is sudden bombarded with two pillows. "Stop.... hitting me! What... the ?"

 

Removing the comforter, Kyungsoo feels a slight breeze on his skin. Quickly, Kyungsoo covers himself with the comforter, leaving a Jongin to groan from the cold. "Why am I ? Why... why are you ?"

 

Jongin approaches, only to get hit again by the pillow. "Well we had-"

 

"Oh god." Kyungsoo realizes, covering his red face with a pillow. "How... What... Did I... Wait, don't you have a boyfriend?"

 

Nodding, Jongin scoffs. Jongin didn't expect having a fight so early in the morning. I mean, the two were fine last night... they even had make up ! So why was Baekhyun so upset with him today? Everything was just so confusing. "Uhm... yeah, you."

 

"What?"

 

"Baekhyun, are you okay? Are you sick?"

 

"Don't touch me!" Kyungsoo replies, pushing Jongin's hand off but then realizes what Jongin had said. "Baekhyun?" 

 

"Yeah..."

 

Standing up, Kyungsoo heads to the bathroom. Everything was just so confusing... What was he doing here? ? With Jongin? It wasn't right... When Kyungsoo finally arrives, he sees his reflection in the mirror and screams. The image coming from the mirror wasn't him, it was an image of Baekhyun. Kyungsoo begins to blink his eyes, believing that maybe this was just some sort of... of what? Sleep deprivation? Hallucination? Was Kyungsoo going crazy?

 

"Oh no..." Kyungsoo cries out, touching his face as he looks at his reflection in the mirror. "Please, no. This can't be happening..."

 

Kyungsoo then hears banging coming from the door, he figures that it's just Jongin checking up on him. "Are you okay? I heard a loud scream? Listen, if you want we could go to the hospital if you're not feeling well. Baek-"

 

Kyungsoo suddenly opens the door. "I'm not Baekhyun."

 

Blinking his eyes, Jongin stares in confusion. "Okay? And I'm not really Jongin? Is this a joke?"

 

"Listen, I'm not you're boyfriend."

 

"Are you breaking up with me? Baek-"

 

"I told you! I'm not Baekhyun!" Kyungsoo screams in frustration. "I'm Kyungsoo! Do Kyungsoo!"

 

"Your kidding right?"

 

"I wish I was... but I'm not." Kyungsoo replies, taking a deep sigh. He pushes Jongin out of the way before he makes his way into the closet. "Now, if you excuse me. I'm going to find my body now."

 

"Uhmm okay... We'll I guess I see you later?" 

 

"Or not." Kyungsoo replies, dressing himself with Baekhyun's clothes, which was difficult because the latter liked dressing in tight attire. It took him a bunch of deep breaths and in for Kyungsoo to finally be able to get into Baekhyun's pants but when he's finally finished, Kyungsoo heads out and walks to his dorm. When he sees that Jongin wasn't there, Kyungsoo figures that the latter probably went down to the cafeteria to grab a bite to eat or headed to practice. 

 

The distance from Baekhyun's dorm and Kyungsoo's dorm was only a building away so after a quick brisk walk, Kyungsoo was finally able to arrive successfully to his dorm building. 

 

"Hey, Baekhyun." A student says, smiling.

 

"I'm not Baekhyun." Kyungsoo replies, taking faster steps. 

 

"Baek, what's up?" Another greets, shirtless. 

 

"Put on a shirt that's against the handbook." Kyungsoo replies, before he stops on the front door of his dorm room. Knocking, Kyungsoo waits until the door opens, revealing a beaten up Chanyeol, Kyungsoo figures Baekhyun probably had a tantrum. "Is Baekhyun here?"

 

Pushing Chanyeol aside, Kyungsoo walks into the dorm. "Woah.. you can't just walk in here like that-"

 

"Shut up, Chanyeol." Kyungsoo growls, scanning around the room for Baekhyun. "Where's Baekhyun?"

 

"You're right there."

 

Sighing, Kyungsoo face palms. "I'm not Baekhyun, I'm Kyungsoo. Listen, something happened last night. I went to go drink with Baekhyun and then this morning I wake up with a Jongin in my bed... it was disgusting."

 

"Okay, I'm glad that your life is doing great but... this is my dorm and I would appreciate it if you left."

 

"I'm not leaving until I see Baek- I mean, Kyungsoo."

 

"Well, he's in the restroom." Chanyeol announces, buttoning up his shirt. "He started a tantrum this morning and started hitting me. And then he ran off into the restroom and cried. I've never seen him like that before..."

 

Making his way to the restroom, Kyungsoo sees the door locked. Knocking, Kyungsoo speaks. "Baekhyun? It's Kyungsoo. We need to talk-"

 

Before Kyungsoo finishes his sentence, the door suddenly opens, revealing a frightened looking Baekhyun. "How did this happen? Why am I you? And why are you me!"

 

"I was hoping you could tell me that!" Kyungsoo sighs, running a finger through his hair in frustration.

 

"I was fine yesterday before I went to sleep... and then when I wake up, I'm in a different room!" Baekhyun explains, frightened. "And then suddenly I hear Chanyeol calling me Kyungsoo..."

 

"Well at least, you didn't walk up right next to a man!"

 

"Are you serious?" Baekhyun scoffs. "You think that's worst? Jongin's the hottest guy in this camppus, you should be thankful."

 

"Well, I'm not. Now how do we get out of this mess?"

 

"You tell me... you're the brains in this whole school!" Baekhyun replies, crossing his arms. Suddenly, he notices the time and begins to freak out. ". It's already 8... Listen, I have a class at 8:30. I need you to attend for me."

 

"I can't I have a meeting to attend at 9." 

 

"No. Kyungsoo has a meeting at 9." Baekhyun replies. "Listen, we can't just go to our class or meeting in someone elses body... since your in my body right now, you need to do my schedules for the day... and I'll do yours."

 

"You better not screw this up for me, Byun Baekhyun. The student elections are coming up this month..."

 

"The same goes for me. My reputation is on the line here."


A/N: This isn't technically going to be a one-shot or a long fic... there's probably just going to be 3-5 parts in this. Whats that called? A mult-shot? Going to write the Playing Pretend chapter now... bye!