Chapter One

Set Me Free

A/N: This chapter is terribly short and for that, I apologize! I hope you enjoy, please comment and subscribe!!!

 

 

 

In the beginning, there were man and there were monsters. Man had developed towns and villages, living in homes and destroying the land in which the creatures had lived for centuries, making the beautiful monsters retreat to the forest and the beauty of the world around them, staying in the lands in which they came to love.

 

One winter afternoon, a man from the village ventured into the forest in search of a cure for his sickly mother, venturing near the dwellings of a beautiful monster with a generous heart. The villager searched desperately, the morning sun beginning to rise as he searched for something, anything to bring home.

As morning broke, the man knew it would soon be too late for his dear mother. Falling to his knees and looking up to the red sky to ask that whomever, was in control of human lives, could save his mother, the villager saw something. The pale skin of a man, not a man, a monster. He had heard that these forests were filled with monsters but he had never came to see one before. “You, creature, in the tree… Would you be able to help me?” he stood up, pulling out a bag full of gold. “I can give you this in return.” He held out the bag.

“And why do you think I can help you?” the monster looked down to the man.

“Well, I can tell that you do not wish to harm me. I see that you are a friend, not an enemy.”

“You can tell? How?” the monster blinked down, his eyes changing color.

“If you weren’t a friend, you would have killed me by now.” He swallows, hoping that he was correct.

“And if I do wish to kill you?” the creature hisses out, gracefully moving down the tree as if he were a snake.

“Then I’d beg you to save my sickly mother first.” His voice shakes, watching as the beautiful creature circles him, taking in every detail.

“I will save her but for saving her, I do not need your money I’ve no use for it, instead let me know your name.”

“My name? Its Homin Park, may I ask yours?”

“I have no name.”

The villager nodded his head and led the way to his mother, praying that in the end, he would be okay after leading a monster to his home.

 

Days passed, the villager and his mother living happily and healthily. The villager would go to the forest to see the monster, wanting to have company on the days his mother would leave home. The two became close, the young man, only Eighteen years of age, studying the creature, noting the changes he would go through with every full moon. As days passed, so did months, and soon years, the two becoming inseparable.

One evening after leaving his mother’s home and creating his own, the villager accepted the monster into his home, wanting to keep the beautiful and kind the creature to himself. As the days passed, the creature and his master lived happily, other villagers beginning to accept the strange creatures, noticing the beautiful soul inside of this perfect creature.

 

Everything was perfect throughout the village, man and monster working together, helping one another. Until one day. When it all fell apart, a mistake made by a monster which had ended a human life bringing man to declare war upon the monsters, driving them away from their villages and to the farthest lands, pushing them all away and turning their backs on the creatures in which they had begun to love.

 

All but one monster that is. The man hid away the creature, hoping that he would be safe and keeping him within the walls of his home. “Stay here, you’ll be safe in here, don’t worry about me, I’ll return later but in the time that I am gone, do not leave this room, do not let them find you… Please.” The man smiled at the creature, closing the heavy door and leaving the house, trying to draw the angry villagers away from the house. I’ll be back, just wait for me. The man closes his eyes as he reaches a cliff, never to open them again.

 

 

♦ ♦ ♦

 

 

“Junsu! Be careful, this house is from hundreds of years ago!” a woman yells from behind the thin man, staying in the car, her high pitched voice sending shivers down his spine.

“I’ll be fine.” he rolls his eyes, shaking his head, stepping up to the grand door. Why did this old bag have to follow me here? He unlocks the front door, stepping into the old house. I’ll just leave this open… He scrunches his nose as the smell of dust greets him. “How long has this house been empty?” he asks himself as he makes his way to the grand stair case, reaching out to touch the engraved design. “Amazing.” He whispers, tracing the railing with his finger, the exquisite design becoming clearer as the dust is wiped away. A quick look through the rest of the house and a view at the garden bring the young man to his decision, deciding to buy the house and make it into a home again. “Christine, I’d like to buy this house. Please get it ready for me to move in by the weekend.” He smiles to the older woman, closing the front door and locking it behind him.

“I’ll call the seller now.” She smiles, pulling out her phone and dialing the number.

There’s something about this place… Something strange. Junsu climbs into the back seat of the car, watching as the house becomes smaller and smaller as they drive off. It will be mine.

“Junsu, there’s an old wardrobe in the house, the seller says that it is stuck to the wall in a room and that they’ve tried to remove it but are not able to. Is that okay?” Christine looks back to him from the front seat.

“That is perfectly fine, I’d love to study the design of it.” He closes his eyes.

“Very well, you can move into it by tomorrow if you’d like.”

“Thank you, I’ll keep the key then.” A smile spreads across his face.

This is the start of something new.