Dancing In The Rain

Dancing In The Rain

Dancing In The Rain

Written on July 13th, 2015

 

 


The pouring rain woke her up from her nap. It was a wonderful nap because the person that she wanted to spend the rest of her life with was beside her, on the bed. He was snoring but she didn't mind because this was what made her fall in love with him more. She learned to love his flaws.

She got bored with just staring at him so she started poking at his cheeks. He was a heavy sleeper so he didn't even move an inch.

Her stomach started to rumble. She didn't eat her lunch yet and it was getting dark. The air was getting colder and it was getting more quiet outside. 

She tried to get up but an arm restrained her from doing so. Not only that, but their legs were intertwined. She sighed as this was something of the norm whenever they slept together on the same bed.

There is a perfect reason why they slept together on the bed. They were not married but it was like a past-time to them. They would spend some time together as this was a lot more comfortable than going to cinemas or restaurants. Going there was a lot more work than staying at his home, away from the paparazzis. 

Most people would think that Girls' Generations' Seo Joohyun, aka Seohyun, was an innocent, pure woman, you were completely wrong. Her naïvety slowly disappeared as the time went by. Sometimes, his kisses made her want more and she would do everything just to get it. This what made her a bit erted now. 

She looked at his lips and she hers unconciously. She wanted to kiss them but she held herself back. His lips were slightly apart and looked very soft, it tempted her as she continued to stare at it.  She could no longer stop herself and gave a soft peck at his dry, chapped lips. What she didn't expect was a feeling of a smirk from his lips as he pulled her closer to him and made the kiss deeper, his arm now around her waist and his other hand helped her head tilt slightly to make the kiss better.

Both of them would have continued on but she remembered her hungry stomach. A few seconds later, she pulled back, withdrawing from the sweet kiss. She looked at him in the eyes and noticed his playful gaze.

"Oppa, were you awake this whole time?" she asked.

He smirked and replied while he rubbed her lower back, "Yes, I was and it made me realize how irresistible I am."

She gently smacked his chest and he chuckled. 

"Well, I'm sorry that my heart chose the 'irresistible' you," she pouted.

"Actually, I'm glad you did or else I would not have this beautiful woman in my arms right now."

She scrunched her nose, "Eew~ Who is this character?"

"What do you mean?"

"The Kyuhyun-oppa I know doesn't use such lines at me."

You read right. The guy beside her was Super Junior's maknae Cho Kyuhyun. The couple was expected to be formed officially as they already had a lot of projects together in the past. It was a matter of time until their feelings turned into something else, something stronger and more intimate.

And you also read right about the sweetness of Kyuhyun towards Seohyun. Of course, he was always sweet towards her but it wasn't like this. He would usually send her flowers or send her food during her busy schedule since it was something she wanted more than anything. She was always hungry.

"Are you telling me that I can't be sweet to my girlfriend?"

She nodded. His eyes narrowed before getting off the bed and pulling her towards him gently, on her knees in front of him.

"I'll show you how loving I am to you," he muttered as he  lifted her by his shoulders and carried her. He went outside to the balcony, which was connected to his room, and let the both of them soak in the rain. She was flinging her arms and legs but it seemed that there was no signs of him letting her go.

"I'm sorry Oppa. It was my fault," Seohyun apologised. "Let's go inside or else we'll get sick."

Even though it was still summer, the water and the wind were cold. She didn't want to get both of them sick.

Kyuhyun put her down but held her in place by putting his arms around her waist. He wouldn't let her escape. For him, she must be punished.

He already knew her by heart through their interactions and also he was observing her behaviour most of the time. Seohyun was the type of person who looks after her health and also the health of other people around her. She would even give supplements to people whom she barely knows. This was one of her qualities that made her attractive to him.

"You know," Kyuhyun said, "I feel hurt when my girlfriend described me as someone who is not sweet towards her. This will probably make her think that she is not loved so I will show her."

"Show her what?" she said, smiling. She loved this side of him.

"Show her that I love her with all my heart. I will make her realize that she is the one who made my dull world colorful. She is the one who made the other girls look less beautiful to me. She is the one whom I want to spend the rest of my life with."

Her eyes were clearly b with tears, "Are you proposing to me?"

"Well, I was meant to propose tonight during our dinner but I guess it won't make a difference if I do it now."

Seohyun couldn't believe what she was hearing. After four years of dating, half of those times were of secrecy, he finally proposed. It wasn't a fancy proposal but it was something she had dreamed of ever since they started their relationship. It had finally came true. 

She wanted to say something but something was blocking . Her happiness was way over the roof.

"Seo Joohyun, will you make me the happiest man on Earth by making you my wife?"  he said as he took a small box from his pocket, knelt down and opened it to show her a thin platinum band ring with a diamond on it. 

She nodded before covering her face with her hands to hide her crying expression. She didn't expect that such simple words would make her like this. 

Kyuhyun's face brightened when he saw her nod at his proposal. He stood up and took the ring from its box and held it at one hand. He used the other hand to take her hands off her face and revealed a face with tears falling like waterfalls. 

"Are you that happy that you are finally marrying the great Cho Kyuhyun?"

He took her left hand and put the ring on her finger. Seohyun sobbed as soon as she saw the ring that glittered on her hand and more tears fell. Even though it was raining, it was still obvious.

Kyuhyun pulled her into a hug. Seohyun buried her face into his chest, not bothering about his cold, wet shirt. Her arms wrapped around his waist tightly and he rubbed her back.

"This is your punishment. A proposal in the rain. It's less romantic," he said.

He pushed her gently from the hug. He cupped her cheeks and tilted his head slightly before leaning in for a kiss. It was a sweet, gentle kiss that was different from their previous ones.

After a while they pulled back with him grinning from ear to ear and her controlling her sobs.

"Are you still crying?" he asked.

"It's not my fault. My fiancé made me the happiest woman in the universe," she replied.

"Since our wedding is getting closer, approximately five months, do you want to practice our first dance as husband and wife?"

"What?! Our wedding is in five months and you didn't hear out my opinion?" 

He chuckled, "Why bother when I know that it's the date you also want. The date we first started dating."

She only stared at him in awe, impressed that he knew her so well.

"The reception, invitations, guest lists, catering and the clothes are nearly done. The dresses and tux are designed by the company stylists by the way. They said it is their wedding gift."

Seohyun had the same expression. It was like time stopped for her. Her head couldn't get around it.

Kyuhyun noticed that she was frozen so he gave her a peck on the lips and it woke her up from her daze.
He pulled her again into another hug and this time he started swaying left to right, imagining a song in his mind.

"Our first dance won't be like this," said Seohyun with her head on his shoulders.

"Of course it won't be. We will have a dance off as our first dance."

She only giggled. They continued to dance in the rain until Kyuhyun heard a sneeze from Seohyun.

"Time's up. We need to go in before the bride gets sick and also before the rain gets heavier."

She shook her head, not wanting to get in yet. A grin formed onto her face.

"Not yet. This rain will help me cool down or else we would have a shot-gun wedding instead."

A groan escaped his lips. His head tilted back.

"You'll be the death of me Seo Joohyun."

Seohyun went on her tippy toes until her lips reached his ears and whispered, "You never know, I might be the better one in bed."

 


A/N

It got worse as it goes along /sobs/ 

The proposal scene wasn't meant to be there but when I woke up the following day it was there and the story fully finished xD

I finished it without realizing.

There might be mistakes so forgive this amateur authour ;)