Ten

My Everything
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter X

 

Baekhyun pauses in front of his house and turns to look at his friend. “What are you doing?”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“We passed your house already. You didn’t have to walk me home you know. It’s right down the street.”

 

“I know…”

 

“What’s wrong, Jongdae?”

 

“Nothing…”

 

Baekhyun reaches an arm up and places his hand on his friend’s shoulder. “Are they fighting again?” Jongdae nods, drawing patterns on the ground with his shoe. Baekhyun sighs. “Come on, you can stay here tonight.”

 

Jongdae looks up excitedly. “Really?”

 

“I’ll make you cheese bread,” Baekhyun says in form of response. 

 

Jongdae whoops as he throws an arm over his friend’s shoulder. “Thanks, Baekhyunnie!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jongdae stands by the bed in borrowed clothing, clutching the pillow close to himself. He gulps and turns when he hears Baekhyun enter the room with his hair still wet from the shower. 

 

“What are you doing?” Baekhyun asks, throwing Jongdae a look as he dries his hair with the towel hanging over his shoulders. “Why are you just standing there?”

 

Jongdae shrugs and turns towards the bed. “Where should I sleep?” He whips around to look at his friend again when he hears Baekhyun burst out in laughter. 

 

“What do you mean?” Baekhyun asks, walking over and grabbing the pillow from Jongdae. He throws the pillow onto the bed before turning and smiling at the raven-haired boy. “You’re sleeping on the bed, silly.”

 

“What about you?”

 

“What about me?”

 

“Where are you going to sleep?”

 

“On…the bed?”

 

“TOGETHER?!” Jongdae exclaims suddenly, causing the brunet to jump back slightly. “W-with me?”

 

“No, with the bogeyman. Of course with you, you doofus! Geez, what’s wrong with you today…” Baekhyun grumbles, walking around the bed to set the pillows in place, gathering one after another and placing them in a single, straight line down the middle of the bed. “There. Are you happy now?” Baekhyun sighs, straightening up, “you can just pretend you’re lying in your very own, very narrow bed.”

 

Jongdae laughs nervously as he looks down at the pillow barrier Baekhyun had built. He reaches down and grabs one of the pillows, hugging it once again. “No, it’s okay. We don’t need this.” He laughs again out of nervousness that only he seems to be feeling.

 

“You’re being so weird today…” Baekhyun mutters, raising his brow at his friend before pulling the covers back and climbing into bed. “We’re friends, Dae. I don’t understand why you’re so nervous about sleeping with your friend.”

 

“Friend…” Jongdae repeats under his breath as he walks over to his respective side of the bed. “Yeah….friends.” He lies down and rests his arms across his chest just as Baekhyun turns off the light. 

 

“Night, Dae,” Baekhyun says as he snuggles into the blankets. 

 

“Night Baek…” Jongdae whispers back, watching as his friend’s eyelids flutter shut. He raises his brow when moments later, he hears Baekhyun whine. “Baek?” Jongdae asks, leaning up on his elbow to get a closer look at the boy. Baekhyun is still asleep though, nestled snug in the covers, with the slightest upward curve on his mouth. Jongdae reaches over and traces the brunet’s lips ever so slightly, grinning as Baekhyun crinkles his nose from the soft touch. “Goodnight…Baekhyun.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun wrinkles his nose and his lips when he feels something tickle his bottom lip. He opens his eyes a second later when a soft giggle is heard to his left. 

 

“Good morning Uncle Bacon!” Jongin greets happily with a broad smile on his face as he sits on his father’s lap. Baekhyun glances at Chanyeol, who also dons a dorky smile on his face as he sits up. 

 

“Good morning, Jongin…” he mutters, rubbing his face with his hands. He glances around, noticing the pillows that had made up the barrier last night are scattered around the floor. “Were you….” He turns to the father-son duo, “were the two of you watching me sleep?”

 

“No,” Chanyeol is quick to reply as Jongin nods enthusiastically. Baekhyun raises a brow at the single father. “Yes…”

 

“You’re really cute in your sleep, Uncle Bacon,” Jongin informs him, leaning forward slightly. “Just like Sehunnie!” Baekhyun smiles at the boy and pats him on the head as Chanyeol hugs his son tighter. “But Uncle Bacon?”

 

“Yes?”

 

“Why are you sleeping in Daddy’s room?”

 

Baekhyun opens his mouth to answer, but is unable to find the right words, so he sits on the bed staring at the inquisitive boy. “I-I…”

 

“There was a problem at Uncle Bacon’s house, so I asked him to stay with us until it’s fixed,” Chanyeol offers. Baekhyun exhales as he sends Chanyeol a grateful look.

 

“Like how Taemin and I have sleepovers sometimes?” Jongin asks, looking up at his dad. “Did you and Uncle Bacon have a sleepover?”

 

“Yes, exactly like that.”

 

“Um…how about some breakfast?” Baekhyun suggests, changing the topic of conversation. “I can make cheese bread.”

 

“Yay! Cheese bread!” Jongin yells, clapping his hands together with joy. “Can you make lots? Sehunnie and Daddy really like it too.”

 

Baekhyun nods. “Of course.”

 

“How about you go wake your brother up, Jongin?” Chanyeol says, helping the boy climb off of the bed. “Baekhyun and I will be right out.” Jongin nods and runs off, leaving the two adults in the room. 

 

“Did you sleep well?” Chanyeol asks after a while of silence.

 

Baekhyun nods. “I did…thank you.” He glances over at Chanyeol shyly. “How about you?”

 

“Did you know you whine in your sleep?” Chanyeol asks abruptly instead of answering Baekhyun’s question. “Kinda like a puppy.” 

 

“I-I do not!” 

 

Chanyeol laughs as he moves closer to the brunet. “You do. It was rather cute. But of course, I couldn’t sleep because of the noise…so I had no choice but to stop you.” 

 

Baekhyun swallows as Chanyeol gradually leans closer and closer towards him. “H-how?”

 

Chanyeol smirks, his face inches from Baekhyun’s. “I kissed you.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo leans back against the counter and observes the scene of his boys playing together. Jongin had surrounded Sehun and himself with all of the toys from his toy chest – ranging from stuffed teddies, to rubber duckies, to toy trucks. The baby pays no heed to his older brother’s constant wish to play, however; his attention remaining solely on the light-up musical rattle sitting mere feet away from him. Kyungsoo chuckles lightly as he watches Sehun squirm on his tummy, trying to crawl over towards his beloved toy as Jongin continually places yellow ducks in his path. 

 

“Look, Sehunnie! This is Daddy duck, and this is Papa duck!” the boy exclaims, searching around him. “Papa! I can’t find Nini and Hunnie ducks!”

 

Kyungsoo shakes his head as he walks over and picks up two of the smaller toy ducks hidden amongst the mountain of toys. “They’re here, Jongin.”

 

“Thanks Papa!” Jongin smiles, grabbing the toys from Kyungsoo. “Look Sehunnie,” Jongin says to the baby – who is still determined as ever to reach the musical rattle – “This can be Nini duck, and this one is Hunnie duck. That’s you,” Jongin says, pointing to the smallest duck, “because you’re the baby.”

 

Sehun, getting frustrated, starts crying, his lips trembling and face turning red. “Papa!” Jongin turns towards Kyungsoo in panic. “Do something!” Kyungsoo beds down to pick the baby up as Jongin reaches across the floor for the rattle. “Here Sehunnie!” Jongin says, standing on his tippy-toes to get the toy to Sehun’s eye level. “Here’s your rattle. Don’t cry!” Upon seeing his favorite toy, Sehun stops crying immediately and reaches out to grab the rattle in his small hands. Jongin sighs in relief as Kyungsoo walks towards the couch and sits Sehun on his lap. “Papa?” Jongin says, climbing onto the couch next to Kyungsoo, “When is Daddy going to be home?”

 

“He’ll be home soon. He probably had to stay a little late at work today.”

 

Jongin nods in understanding and leans against Kyungsoo, wrapping his legs around one of Kyungsoo’s thighs and linking his arms with Kyungsoo. “Papa, do you think Daddy will bring home cake today?”

 

Kyungsoo turns and looks down at the boy. “Did you want cake, Jonginnie? I can make one…”

 

“No Papa! You shouldn’t have to make your own birthday cake silly!”

 

Kyungsoo pauses, a smile forming on his face as he looks at his older son. Birthday. He had forgotten that today was his birthday, and was slightly impressed with the child for remembering. “Well…maybe that’s why Daddy’s late then.”

 

Jongin nods enthusiastically. “I hope Daddy brings home choco cake.”

 

“But you don’t like chocolate cake,”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter