Dreaming of You (But How to Stop?)

Dreaming of You (But How to Stop?)

A dark room. Oh how Baekhyun despised the pitch black darkness. If he was going to die he at least wanted to see his murderer come at him rather than have a surprise attack. Baekhyun carefully moved forward through the darkness, arms outstretched to find something to grasp onto. Finding nothing, Baekhyun hugged himself protectively.

"Baekhyun."

The young man froze, a small gasp escaping his trembling lips. He could feel the warm breath against his neck and did everything he could not to make any sudden movements.

"Where are you going?" the voice whispered into his right ear, making Baekhyun's stomach queasy.

"I-I was... trying to find you," Baekhyun replied, slowly turning his head. That action caused the floor beneath him to shift and Baekhyun lost his balance, arms blindly reaching out for support. A pair of hands caught his, preventing Baekhyun from falling to his doom.

"You're afraid of me. Why?"

"I'm afraid to fall," Baekhyun whimpered. "Please, help me."

"I'm the one falling," the voice said, "but let's fall together."

Before Baekhyun could comprehend, everything around him flipped over and gravity pushed Baekhyun forward into the person holding his hands. Together, the two plummeted head-first into never-ending space.

Baekhyun's leg jerked him awake in the midst of his stomach performing uncomfortable somersaults. How and why did Oh Sehun appear in Baekhyun's dreams? If Sehun didn't appear in Baekhyun's dreams prior to their first encounter then perhaps Baekhyun wouldn't have been so concerned.

Was Baekhyun a psychic?

Whatever the case, Baekhyun got up and prepared for school. About three weeks have passed since Sehun arrived and Baekhyun had yet to approach him. Perhaps the day would be today.

---

Baekhyun spotted the familiar tall brunet walking alone on the sidewalk, a cold chill running through him. Baekhyun gripped onto his backpack straps before breaking into a sprint, determined to catch up to the brunet although they were a good distance apart.

The brunet disappeared through the front doors of the high school as a voice called out to Baekhyun. Shoulders sagged in defeat, Baekhyun his heels to greet his best friend, Kim Jongdae.

"You that eager to get to class?" Jongdae patted Baekhyun's shoulder.

Baekhyun sighed, nudging his chin toward the school's front doors, "I was trying to get to Sehun."

"Why? No one has succeeded before."

"You don't know him like I do, so shush."

Baekhyun quickened his pace, leaving Jongdae behind him before Jongdae questioned any further. Baekhyun didn't know Sehun better than Jongdae, not at all. He couldn't rely on his dreams to identify Sehun.

Oh Sehun was a mystery to all. Recently transferred from their neighboring school, Sehun didn't have any friends. Sehun rarely spoke in class and he was always seen sitting alone at the lunch table. After a few attempts to be friendly with him, the other students gave up, calling him rude and boring. But Baekhyun knew Sehun wasn't rude or boring, or at least he hoped Sehun wasn't. At least not the rude part. Baekhyun knew from experience that not all quiet people were rude. Perhaps Sehun was shy or soft-spoken or even scared.

Baekhyun needed to step up his game.

With his mind set on befriending Sehun, Baekhyun found himself in the lunch room a few hours later staring at the brunet seated all by himself.

Baekhyun nudged his head toward Sehun's direction, but all his friends ignored him and sat at their usual spot, even Jongdae. Baekhyun hesitated, but after a nervous gulp found himself walking toward Sehun and before he knew it, Baekhyun set his tray down and sat across from the transfer student.

Sehun glanced up briefly, only to resume eating his lunch.

Baekhyun nervously smiled, "Hey, you don't mind if I sit here with you right?"

Sehun shook his head.

Baekhyun and Sehun ate in silence as the other students chattered away in their group of friends. It hadn't crossed Baekhyun's mind he would have to come up with something after initiating phase one. He had been too focused on getting to Sehun he forget to think about what happened afterwards.

Sehun finished eating first and dismissed himself. Quickly, Baekhyun shoved the last bit of his food into his mouth before scrambling onto his feet and following after the brunet back into the classroom, trailing behind like a lost puppy.

Ever since then, because Sehun never said anything -- he never spoke to Baekhyun at all -- Baekhyun made it a routine habit to sit with Sehun at lunch. Sehun wasn't so scary.

Baekhyun also unintentionally began to take the same bus to school as Sehun. Baekhyun's mother received a promotion at work and she happily requested her son take the bus, saving half an hour each day getting to and from school. The only problem Baekhyun faced was the walk to the bus stop. If he were to miss the bus he'd have to run back home and hurry along on his bike because there was no way he would walk the rest of the way to school.

Of course, the moment Baekhyun had first stepped into the bus and his eyes landed on the tall brunet, Baekhyun made it upon himself to occupy the empty space beside Sehun. Baekhyun enjoyed the other's company, pleased that Sehun wasn't the voice in the dark threatening to kill him. Baekhyun didn't even want to think about those other dreams where he and Sehun were lovers, because... what if?

Sehun didn't protest or say anything regarding Baekhyun's presence so Baekhyun figured he was safe. If he were annoying Sehun surely the brunet would tell him or show his displeasure through body language, but Baekhyun couldn't detect any twitches or tension from Sehun.

Not only did they share the same bus but Sehun also attended the same after school academy that Baekhyun and Jongdae did. Without any hesitation the blond had gestured for Sehun to take the empty seat beside him. Baekhyun had introduced Jongdae to Sehun and thus Sehun made another friend.

Perhaps Sehun would explode one day and curse the living hell out of Baekhyun, but it hadn't happened yet. And hopefully it won't ever.

~~~

Almost too late had Baekhyun found out it was Sehun's birthday. "Why didn't you tell me?" Baekhyun whined. "I would have gotten you something. Wait, stay here." With that Baekhyun went around the school for vending machines and bought a can of orange juice and a giant cream puff.

Baekhyun wore a bright smile as he held out the items in front of Sehun. "My birthday gift to you."

Sehun hid his smile behind his hands, "You didn't have to."

"It's the least I can do. I know how much you like these," Baekhyun said, gesturing to the cream puff. Sehun blinked in surprise but he didn't voice his question. He accepted the items and hoped Baekhyun wouldn't burst into song. Thankfully Baekhyun didn't. Baekhyun knew Sehun wouldn't have liked the attention so he silently sang in his head. Even if it had been a little over a month, Baekhyun had observed Sehun enough.

Baekhyun and Sehun adjusted to another's company that whenever one or the other missed school, it felt weird and lonely, the bus ride most especially. At lunch they had Jongdae and the others, but they only had each other on the bus.

Usually Sehun wouldn't mind the void and quiet, as if the bus was ever, but after having Baekhyun constant talking to him nearly every morning and evening he began to miss the talkative blond. It amazed Sehun as to how Baekhyun never ran out of things to say.

Baekhyun liked having someone to listen and to talk to hence the reason he and Jongdae became friends because Jongdae actually listened to everything. Baekhyun tried to cut his sentences shorter because his other friends always began spacing out before he could finish. Sometimes he wondered if Sehun lost interest too but the brunet would surprise him either by replying or bringing it up days later.

---

Baekhyun vigorously brushed his teeth in frustration at the thought of Sehun liking Jongdae. No, Jongdae liked some college girl. No, Jongdae didn't swing that way. Why? Why would Sehun like Jongdae? Jongdae and Sehun never even hung out together--

Wait.

Baekhyun paused, his toothbrush still in his mouth.

Jongdae and Sehun were found asleep on the floor at the party under a blanket. People said they were both under there. What would be the reason for two drunks to lie together and fall asleep in such a position?

If they had . . ...?!

An ugly and foreign noise emitted from Baekhyun before he spat out everything in his mouth in disgust and horror. Feeling something cold trickle down his chin, Baekhyun wiped it away.

Baekhyun's eyes snapped open in alarm. Did he actually spit out his saliva while he was sleeping? He wiped his chin with the sleeve of his shirt before sitting upright and glancing at the clock. He still had an hour before his alarm rang but at the rate his heart was beating from the freakish dream, Baekhyun doubted he would be able to fall asleep.

The facts were wrong but jealously was all too real. With a shiver, Baekhyun got off the bed and went out to the kitchen to prepare some breakfast.

---

Baekhyun returned to the classroom once he noticed Sehun wasn't by his side. Peering through the door, Baekhyun found the quiet brunet sitting at his desk flipping through a workbook. Baekhyun slowly made his way to his friend, arms clasped behind his back as he looked down at Sehun. "You're not eating?"

"I have to catch up for missing the past two days."

"Ahh," Baekhyun nodded before rushing off to his desk and gathering his books. He returned to Sehun's side and held out the books, "You can look over my notes."

Sehun stared at the books for a good ten seconds before taking them, "Thank you." Baekhyun couldn't help blushing as Sehun's fingers touched his during the transition. It was stupid and meant nothing but that didn't stop Baekhyun from smiling.

Baekhyun gently clasped his hands together, "I'm going to get some lunch, don't you go anywhere." With those words, Baekhyun rushed off to the lunch line before it got too long and all the good portions were taken.

If Baekhyun was a jerk he would have cut in front of everyone and stand beside Jongdae at the front, but instead Baekhyun waited in the back. The line moved steadily, not slow enough to lose time to eat, but not as quick as Baekhyun would prefer.

He returned as swiftly as he could, pulling up a nearby chair to sit beside Sehun. "I think I managed to grab everything you like."

Sehun paused momentarily as he looked at the tray of food. "Me?"

Baekhyun's head bobbed up and down enthusiastically, "You can't study on an empty stomach. Of course, since it's technically my lunch and I am hungry, I'll be eating about half."

"It's okay," Sehun resumed copying down Baekhyun's notes.

"You mean I rushed all the way here for nothing?" Baekhyun muttered as quietly as he could to the point where Sehun could still hear him. Baekhyun slowly ate his portion of the rice, sneaking a glance at Sehun's direction.

Sehun had set his pen down before looking at the food. "We still have about 40 minutes. I guess I could eat... if you don't mind."

Baekhyun smiled, "Of course not. I brought it for us. Oh, and if time runs out you can just take pictures of my notes with your phone."

"I haven't gotten a camera phone yet."

"Ahh, well I can give it to you at the academy tonight."

"Yeah, that works. Thank you."

---

Afters hours and hours of preparing to go to school, it was around eight in the evening when Baekhyun stepped outside the house and made his way to school. But then he slowed his steps, confused as to why he was still on his way to school. Before he could process his thoughts any further his bus flew right past him. Cursing under his breath the whole time for neglecting his physical fitness, Baekhyun stopped at a crosswalk, impatiently hopping from one foot to the other.

Baekhyun could see the students filing into the bus overhead at the stop and he just knew he was going to miss his ride to school. But then he saw Sehun stick his head out from the bus, urging Baekhyun to hurry and thus, Baekhyun sprinted across the street once the crosswalk sign lit green.

The moment he stepped onto the bus, the bus driver barked at the young man to hurry up. Baekhyun ran up the steps and took his usual spot at the front beside Sehun.

"Thanks, buddy," Baekhyun groaned, swiping his hair back. "I'm so glad we met." He threw his backpack onto his lap and flashed a smile at Sehun, "What would I do without you?"

A small smile curled on Sehun's lips, "How did you even exist without me?"

Baekhyun faced Sehun and gave a quick kiss on the latter's cheek, "Who knows."

Sehun's smile grew and he s an arm around Baekhyun's waist, pulling the small brunet closer against him. Baekhyun rested his head against Sehun's shoulder, a fat grin on his face.

The bus suddenly hit a bump on the road and the whole vehicle shook violently.

"Wake up!"

Baekhyun's eyes snapped open as he sat upright, dazed and confused. Baekhyun rubbed his sleepy eyes and yawned, "What day is it?"

Jongdae shook his head in disbelief, tapping Baekhyun's book with his pen, "How do you expect to get good scores on your tests when you can't even stay awake to study?"

"Look, nerd--"

Jongdae whacked Baekhyun's head with a quick slap. "Get below a 85 on your next test and it'll hurt a lot more. And it won't be from me."

Baekhyun hung his head in understanding. He knew Jongdae was just looking out for him but sometimes Jongdae acted like a second mother. Baekhyun found it rather annoying and uncomfortable, considering Baekhyun had about the hugest crush on Jongdae for a whole year until he realized Jongdae had a girlfriend.

Baekhyun smacked his lips together and blew his hair away from his eyes. His eyes scanned the words but nothing processed through. He sat back in his chair with a yawn, rubbing the sleepiness away but that failed to work. He turned to his left only to find the seat empty. "Where's Sehun?"

"He should be back any moment with our iced coffee."

"What?" Baekhyun turned to Jongdae. "Why is Sehun getting iced coffee?"

"He said he wanted to repay you for helping him and since he was already getting them I paid for my drink."

"Is he your secretary or something?"

At that moment, Sehun quietly crept in with a drink carrier. He handed the drinks to Baekhyun and Jongdae before sitting down beside the blond.

Baekhyun stuck the straw in between his lips as his attention focused on Sehun. The latter diligently returned to underlining passages and taking notes on a separate notebook. How Sehun was able to work without being distracted, Baekhyun didn't know.

"Hey," Jongdae tapped Baekhyun's book, "get back to your reading."

With the iced coffee to keep his spirits up for several more minutes, Baekhyun reluctantly turned to the beginning of the chapter despite being halfway through. He honestly couldn't remember anything from the previous pages.

---

Baekhyun anxiously walked through the door into the vast restroom, where stalls lined as far as the eye could see. Lost, Baekhyun crossed to the side of the restroom where he assumed was reserved for males. He entered the nearest stall, only to see it was backed up. With disgust and frustration, Baekhyun moved onto the next free stall. Same thing.

He finally stepped into a decent stall and shut the door, frustrated that the lock was broken. If it weren't for the hundreds of people in the restroom, Baekhyun would have used the toilet right then and there. He exited the stall and continued his search for a usable stall.

A young man walked out the stall right beside him and Baekhyun took the chance, darting into the stall and checking if the lock worked. Relief washing over him, Baekhyun began unbuckling his belt and ping his pants.

However, someone began pounding their fists against the door, "Hey, I have to use the restroom."

"Go find another one," Baekhyun snapped. As the pounding failed to cease, Baekhyun reluctantly fixed his pants before stepping out the stall.

Stall after stall, Baekhyun continued his search, anxious he would wet -- and now crap -- himself soon. Baekhyun was ready to burst into tears when he stepped into another decent stall, only to find that there was no toilet paper. Baekhyun pressed his forehead against the door in despair before leaving.

He paused at the drastic change of the restroom interior. The lights were dimmed and the noise had died down. Stall doors swung wide open, indicating nearly everyone was gone. Baekhyun took the chance to find a stall with toilet paper and a working toilet.

Baekhyun sat down in relief, burying his face in his hands, elbows propped on his thighs. But the moment he looked up the door disappeared and the walls of the stalls shrunk, reaching no higher than his chest, providing no privacy. Baekhyun's eyes widened as he saw several others sitting boredly on their own toilet seats. He hastily removed his hoodie and draped it over himself.

A young man entered the stall to his left and Baekhyun couldn't help but stare. It was him. Oh how embarrassed Baekhyun felt, there were no words to describe it. Baekhyun was so grateful he had his hoodie at the very least.

As if he heard Baekhyun's thoughts, Sehun turned to glance at Baekhyun, the slightest hint of a smile lingering on his lips. "How long have you been here?"

"Too long."

"Why don't you just wake up? You probably peed yourself in bed."

Before Baekhyun could respond, the lights shut off.

Thankfully, Dream Sehun was incorrect, but Baekhyun did need to relieve himself. Rising from his warm and cozy bed, Baekhyun grabbed his flashlight before stumbling to the bathroom. He shouldn't have drank so much before going to bed. The iced coffee didn't help at all. Well it did help keep him up but Baekhyun struggled with falling asleep and he had no control over his bladder.

Baekhyun kept his eyes shut as he relieved himself, his dream returning to haunt him. He involuntarily shivered as the dream flashed in his mind. A large room full of people of both genders, toilets that never worked, the disappearing stalls -- it was always the same. Once the only good stall had a over-sized grasshopper in the toilet. Baekhyun had bolted out the restroom in a blink of an eye, his leg jerking him awake.

Restroom dreams were awful.

---

Sehun grinned and waved from across the campus... . Horror washing over him, Baekhyun looked down at his hands where he was holding what could only be Sehun's clothes. Sehun began jumping and twirling in circles, his head flung back as he laughed in excitement.

Baekhyun ran with all his might but only moved forward about two feet. Baekhyun tried again, using all his energy to run to Sehun but he could barely move. He searched for the boy, alarmed that Sehun seemed further away than before.

Sehun cupped his hands around his mouth to amplify his voice, "You'll never catch me!"

Baekhyun ran once more but it was useless. Then the floor beneath him started moving as if Baekhyun wasn't struggling enough. He wanted to burst into tears.

"Baekhyun! Baekhyun!" Sehun mocked the blond. He stuck his tongue out before turning his back to Baekhyun and shaking his . "You'll never get me!"

"Stop it!" Baekhyun screamed. "Put your clothes on! Sehun! Stop it I said!" In a fit of rage, Baekhyun threw Sehun's clothes onto the ground and stomped on it.

"Now why'd you have to do that?" Sehun's voice felt dangerously close to Baekhyun's right ear. Baekhyun whipped around in fright, the Sehun frowning as he stooped down to pick up his clothes.

But it wasn't Sehun's clothes. It was his.

Baekhyun shrieked and covered his crotch in despair. Why was he ? He wasn't earlier.

Sehun smiled before throwing the bundle of clothes at Baekhyun. Baekhyun flinched as he got hit, only to blink and find himself in a room alone with Sehun. One side of the wall had a long horizontal glass window where people peered inside. Baekhyun returned his gaze to Sehun, finding it impossible to check out Sehun's bare body.

Eyes narrowing, Sehun grabbed Baekhyun's chin and forced the blond's gaze up. "Where do you think you're looking?"

Baekhyun gulped nervously, "I'm sorry."

"Did I say you could look at me?"

Baekhyun made a sound in his throat that meant no. He could feel their faces slowly penetrating the invisible barrier keeping them apart and it drove him to the edge of the cliff. "Are you going to kiss me?"

Sehun's lips curved in an amused smirk, "You'd like that wouldn't you?"

Before he could stop himself, Baekhyun replied, "Yes."

Sehun chewed his bottom lip before closing his eyes and leaning forward. Baekhyun's heart skipped a beat as he closed his eyes, ready for the kiss.

Baekhyun jerked awake as his phone vibrated under his pillow. His eyes flew open in realization that everything was just a dream. It was all a dream. Baekhyun sat upright, mouth hung open in disbelief, and clutched the hairs on his head. He was so close. If only Sehun had hurried up...

"No! Not fair!" Baekhyun whined as he kicked the covers off. He slammed his hands down on the bed in frustration, shoulders sagging in defeat. If he couldn't have Sehun in real life he should at least get Sehun in his dreams.

Baekhyun didn't know when his feelings for Sehun began developing, but they did and he couldn't do anything about it but admire secretly. What was important was their friendship. Baekhyun planned to bury his crush on Sehun deep into his heart where no one could find it. He didn't want to scare Sehun away when he'd just gotten accepted.

The blond checked his text messages before reluctantly prepping himself for school. At least he didn't have to go to the academy after school today. He'd love some time to kick back and do nothing.

Baekhyun was out the house thirty minutes later on his way to the bus stop. Most of the time the morning walk was a drag and that morning was no different. His mind was preoccupied with the dream, wondering how the kiss would have went. Hell, would they have done more?

Baekhyun's cheeks flushed as he quickly shoved the thought out. It felt gross and inappropriate to imagine such things about his friend. He rolled his eyes as he recalled to previous dreams prior to knowing the real Oh Sehun in the flesh. It was less awkward then.

Baekhyun hopped on the bus once it arrived and sat down beside Sehun despite the awkwardness.

"Good morning," Sehun smiled.

"I guess," Baekhyun muttered in response. Baekhyun learned early on that Sehun was a morning person. In fact, the brunet went out for morning jogs before getting ready for school every morning, as if the physical education at school wasn't enough for him.

"You look terrible, no offense."

Baekhyun burst into laughter before slapping Sehun's thigh. Realizing what he did after it was too late, Baekhyun retracted his arm and tightly held onto his backpack. "The iced coffee kept me up all night."

"Oh, sorry."

"Don't be sorry, I needed it to stay awake so I could study, remember?" Baekhyun bumped shoulders to show everything was all good. "What about you? You sleep well?"

"I had one of the strangest dreams. I was swimming in a pool of coffee. You were there too, I was trying to save you from drowning. You were riding a giant ice cube and floated off to the deep end."

"Did you save me at least?"

"I don't know."

Baekhyun couldn't resisting smiling. He and Sehun were having a casual conversation about their dreams and it wasn't just Baekhyun speaking the whole time anymore.

"What about you?" Sehun eventually asked.

Baekhyun laughed in embarrassment, the almost-kiss flashing through his mind. "Have you ever had those restroom dreams? Like there's hundreds of other people and the toilets never seem to work?" At Sehun's nod, Baekhyun continued, "Well it was one those. That iced coffee sure did something to us. I wonder if Jongdae had any strange dreams too."

Jongdae claimed he didn't.

Baekhyun sighed heavily as his teachers droned on as usual that day. His eyes wandered to the ceiling, the clock, the skies through the windows, Jongdae, Sehun, the front of the classroom. School had begun not two months ago and Baekhyun was already sick and tired of it. What could you expect from someone who'd been to school for fifteen years and counting?

How had Baekhyun even survived for that long? How had anyone survive all those years? Even his brother who was seven years older was still attending college, his last semester at least. The thought of still being in school for that long almost brought tears into his eyes.

"Baekhyun?"

Realizing his teacher was addressing him, Baekhyun looked up to the board at the strange foreign scrawlings. His teacher pointed to a chunk of writing on the board with her pointer stick. Baekhyun pronounced to the best of his abilities, relieved he managed to get through it in one piece.

However, his teacher followed up with, "And what does that translate to?"

Truthfully speaking, Baekhyun only understood about three words but that wasn't going to help him much.

"Teacher," Sehun lifted his hand in the air. "I think some of the words are wrong. Like 'there' is supposed to be 't-h-e-i-r' and the apostrophe should be after the 's' because you're talking about more than one sister."

After a quick inspection, the teacher nodded, "Oh, thank you Sehun. I can't believe I missed that. How confusing I must have made you all. Even I make mistakes." While the teacher fixed the words on the board, Baekhyun bowed his undying gratitude to Oh Sehun for saving him.

---

A deep frown crossed Baekhyun's face as he watched his button roll away through the crowd of high school boys. He reluctantly gave up the idea of retrieving it as he watched it get kick back and forth before disappearing out of his sights. He had a spare button at home, hopefully his parents would be able to mend his shirt. Otherwise he'd have to pay around $50 for a new one.

"Sehun's a lifesaver isn't he?" Jongdae ruffled his hair with a towel before opening his locker. "I was waiting for her to lecture you on not paying attention."

"So you're coming home with me or I'm going with you?" Baekhyun started fixing his hair.

"Why?" Jongdae slipped on his tank top. "What's happen-- ah, crap. I made plans..."

"You forgot. I get it. That's fine." Baekhyun sat down and tied his shoelaces. "We can always go some other time, doesn't have to be tonight."

"But I promised I'd take you on your birthday." Jongdae stood on his toes as he searched for any familiar faces that Baekhyun wouldn't mind seeing. Perhaps someone else could take Baekhyun. "I'll be right back."

"Don't take too long. My bus might leave me behind." Baekhyun gathered his belongings and sat back down as he waited for Jongdae. His friend returned pushing a confused Sehun in front of him.

Jongdae stopped and stuck his head to the side, "What about him? He said he doesn't have any plans tonight."

"What exactly am I doing though?" Sehun inquired.

"Today's Baekhyun's birthday and I was supposed to take him to the beach tonight to watch the sunset, since he's never seen one before and it's really beautiful at the beach. Are you up for it?"

Baekhyun sighed as he rose on his feet, "Yeah but we'll get back pretty late."

"I'm sure I can. I'll check with my parents," Sehun smiled, unlocking his phone. "I'll do it right now. I'll wait outside for you."

Baekhyun anxiously dug his fingernails into the palms of his hands while he watched Sehun walk away. The blond punched Jongdae on the shoulder, "Why? Do you hate me? I told it was fine, why did you have to ask Sehun?"

"Why are you getting so mad?" Jongdae elbowed his friend before taking out a mini hair brush. "You need?" At Baekhyun's shake of the head, Jongdae started brushing his hair. "You're pretty close with Sehun aren't you?"

"It's only been two months. We're still adjusting to each other. We've never talked outside of school."

Jongdae leaned close to Baekhyun and whispered, "You don't like him by any chance, do you?" Baekhyun's flushed cheeks and violent shove were the only answers Jongdae needed.

---

Baekhyun stared out the window as the bus began rolling away. It would take about two hours before they arrived at their destination. At least the bus was made for a single trip rather than hopping off and on a couple of different buses.

"I have something for you," Sehun reached into his bag and pulled out a cream puff packet and can of strawberry juice. With a smile, he held it out to the blond, "Happy Birthday."

Baekhyun laughed as he accepted the items. "You didn't have to, really. You're already going to the beach with me." Nevertheless, Baekhyun cracked open the can and took a sip before the drink got warm.

"Well I want to see the sunset too," Sehun said. "Not everything is about you, even on your birthday. By the way how did you know I liked cream puffs? I don't ever remember telling you."

"Lucky guess. Who doesn't like them?" Baekhyun raised an eyebrow before tilting his head back as he took more sips of his strawberry juice. How proud and excited Baekhyun felt that Sehun knew to get him the strawberry one. Saving his cream puff for later, Baekhyun gently placed it inside his backpack.

"You're okay with me coming with you?"

"It's too late for that. We're already on the bus," Baekhyun lightly jabbed Sehun in the ribs to show he was joking. "Of course not. You're my friend too Sehun."

Once they finally arrived at the beach, Baekhyun sped to the restrooms before he accidentally wet himself. If earlier when the bus driver asked whether anyone needed a restroom break and just one other person had said yes, Baekhyun wouldn't have been afraid to keep quiet.

Because Baekhyun struggled so much walking over the sand, someone else actually took the spot they were eyeing. That didn't ruin their plans for there were plenty of other empty spots. They ped their bags and laid down their towels. Sehun tossed Baekhyun a bottle of sunscreen, "You should reapply. The sun's still up." Baekhyun did so, slathering the buttery coconut-scented substance over his arms and legs while Sehun did the same.

"Can you..." Baekhyun stopped mid-sentence, the tips of his ears starting to burn in embarrassment. "Jongdae always helps me put it on my face cause... I don't know how without a mirror."

"Sure," Sehun positioned himself in front of Baekhyun and gently applied the sunscreen over Baekhyun's face. "You can't forget the tip of the nose nor the ears."

"Did you want to go in the water? I brought extra clothes," Baekhyun asked, trying not to stare at Sehun's collarbones. The blond gulped nervously as his eyes met Sehun's for a split second before he averted his gaze again.

"I'm fine," came the response.

Baekhyun ended up going to the water by himself, letting the cold water splash at his ankles. He turned his back to the sea and raised his arms in the air to make a heart, "Take a picture of me!"

Sehun laughed to himself before snapping away on his phone. Baekhyun's face wasn't visible but the silhouette and background were good enough. Hopefully Baekhyun didn't mind.

Baekhyun returned back to Sehun shortly, plopping down on top of his towel with a sigh. "The water feels nice, you sure you don't want to dip your feet in there? We came all the way here."

Sehun shook his head before showing Baekhyun the photos he took, "I don't like it when the sand sticks to my feet."

After observing the photos, Baekhyun took the phone and moved closer to Sehun, holding the phone as far away as his arm could extend, "Smile Sehun! Say Happy Birthday!"

The two played with the sand, building mountains and burying their feet. Baekhyun tried talking Sehun into letting him bury the tall brunet but Sehun refused. Baekhyun was having such a great time with Sehun he almost thought he was dreaming. Even if were just a dream he wouldn't want to wake up, ever. The smile on Sehun's face could have healed the sick and dying.

"Hey it's almost time," Sehun said, his long legs accidentally destroying Mt. Jongdae. "Sorry."

Baekhyun just laughed it off, kicking the remains of his sand mountain down. All that Baekhyun had left were Mt. Baekhyun and Mt. Sehun. As childish as it seemed, Baekhyun didn't know what to name them. He only made one dedicated to Jongdae because thanks to Jongdae, Baekhyun was able to spend time alone with Sehun.

Baekhyun sat back, staring at the vast body of water and the sun slowly dipping over the horizon. "Wow, it's beautiful. They way the light hits the water. Isn't it nice Sehun?" Baekhyun glanced at the brunet with a wide smile, only to find Sehun standing up and holding his phone to record the scenery. "Hey, you're missing the moment."

"I'm looking with my own eyes too, don't worry."

Baekhyun returned his gaze to the view. He could check off watching the sunset at the beach off his bucket list.

---

The ride home was quiet between the two. Sehun had dozed off listening to his music, his head resting against the window. Baekhyun kept himself occupied by eating the cream puff, but once he finished the tasty treat he had nothing to do until the rhythm of the bus lulled him to sleep as well.

Sehun came to when his head abruptly bumped against the glass. He yawned before checking the time on his phone and searching for signs outside to indicate where they were. Finally his eyes landed on the head resting against his shoulder.

The brunet shifted his position to make sure Baekhyun wouldn't strain his neck but he accidentally woke the blond up. "Are we home already?" Baekhyun slowly sat up and yawned.

"We still have an hour. Sorry, you can still go back to sleep."

"It's hard to sleep on the bus."

"Do you want the window seat?"

"No it's okay."

"You can scoot closer and place your head on my shoulder. You were kind of far earlier and I was worried about your neck being in that position for long."

Without responding verbally, Baekhyun slid closer to Sehun and rested his head against the brunet's shoulder. "You don't mind if I fall asleep like this?"

"No. I'll wake you up when it's time."

Baekhyun closed his sleepy eyes with the tiniest of smiles dancing on his lips.

---

Baekhyun hurried to the bus stop, his raincoat protecting him from the drizzling rain. He had woken up half an hour late and there was no way he would miss the bus and take the bike in such a dreary weather. Mother nature never seemed to keep a constant weather, it would be cool one day and hot the next suddenly rain. Was it the end of the world? Baekhyun rolled his eyes. With his right hand keeping the hood over his head from flying off, he kept his left hand where he could easy check his watch.

He didn't even remember anything after falling asleep on Sehun's shoulder. Getting off the bus, falling into his bed -- nothing. Baekhyun was a heavy sleeper. Although he arrived home in once piece with all his belongings, in the back of his mind he was concerned how Sehun hauled him off the bus and got him home.

Just when he thought he would make it to the stop on time, Baekhyun's bus flew right past him. In a panic, Baekhyun bolted down the sidewalk, not caring that his head became vulernable to the drizzle. Cursing under his breath the whole time for neglecting his physical fitness, Baekhyun came to a stop at the crosswalk, impatiently bouncing on the heels of his feet.

Baekhyun could see the students filing into the bus overhead at the stop and he just knew he was going to miss his ride to school. But then he saw Sehun stick his head out from the bus, urging Baekhyun to hurry. Baekhyun sprinted across the street once the crosswalk sign lit green.

He arrived breathlessly, hair matted to his face from the mixture of sweat and rain. The bus driver barked at the young man to hurry up. Baekhyun clumsily climbed the steps and took his usual spot at the front beside Sehun.

"Thanks," Baekhyun groaned, swiping his hair back. He threw his backpack onto his lap, double checking his books for water damage. He sighed in relief before flashing a smile at Sehun, "You're a lifesaver."

A small smile curled on Sehun's lips, "That's what friends are for right?"

Baekhyun's smile disappeared as he blinked in awe. It was almost like his dream. Baekhyun lightly punched Sehun's shoulder, a giant grin plastered on his face, "Exactly."

Baekhyun focused his attention to the front of the bus. Perhaps it was going to be a good day after all.